Scientology and the Clearwater Police

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Scientology and the Clearwater Police

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
The idea that scientology is

The idea that scientology is regarded as religion should be enough to raise the question about all the others. We see the privileges awarded to religion and how it abuses them. And all to often how authority encourages this, is part of it, or is the religion itself.

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
L. Ron Hubbard changed

L. Ron Hubbard changed Scientology to a religion one day when he learned that the IRS was coming for him. He knew that the government wouldn't prosecute him if he held up the holy shield of religion. So far, he was correct on this issue.

What concerns me about this video is how a religion can influence a public institution like law enforcement. It shows that when one is a minority, like being an atheist, one civil liberties may not be protected. 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca