Just a quick question to theists or anyone really.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just a quick question to theists or anyone really.

If god is the creator. Why has he stopped creating?  I mean...I'd like to see a flying tyrannosaurus...or a walking jellyfish.  He's god he could make it happen. I mean if you're going to argue that life is too complex for it to have evolved, I would like to know why god would create silly little things like nitrogen fixing cyanobacteria that live in nodules in the roots of plants in nitrogen poor soil, but he can't create a flying tyrannosaurus? What's the deal here?

I'd like to see god create more stuff, what is he out of juice?  Why doesn't he create another earth?  I mean...why stop at one?  he could play starwars or something wiht different alien life forms battling each other. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Creators block?

Creators block?

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: Creators

Voiderest wrote:
Creators block?

hahahahaha...must be...must be...either that or he ran out of the red color seeing as so much is being used in his name. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure you are going

I'm sure you are going somewhere with this but I'm not sure where....what you are trying to get at here?

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote: Why

LeftofLarry wrote:

Why doesn't he create another earth? I mean...why stop at one? he could play starwars or something wiht different alien life forms battling each other.

Maybe he already has. It would explain why he is such an "absentee parent" Having to much fun with his other "toys"

Praise be to the Celestial Teapot!!

Prove the teapot doesn't exist!!! AHHH HAHAHAHA!!!!

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
20vturbo wrote: I'm sure

20vturbo wrote:
I'm sure you are going somewhere with this but I'm not sure where....what you are trying to get at here?

I am simply asking why god would quit creating 6000 years ago, why not keep on creating things....  I mean..he's the creator he obviously has the power to create things... I would like to see him create something that is not related to living things but that is alive. In other words, I would like to see the creator create a living being that has no proteins, no DNA etc...  can he do that? of course he's omnipotent.  he can make trees talk if he wanted to.

My point is that the reason why we see interconnectedness in life (every living being is comprised of the same material, DNA, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates) that it obviously shows how all living things all came from common ancestors not a creator.  And since we've never witnessed creation nor have any proof that we were created, how can we believe in a creator? Obviously if there was a creator, why would he stop creating?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would you accept a flying

Would you accept a flying tyrannosaurus as convincing evidence of intelligent design? I know I would.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: Would

zarathustra wrote:
Would you accept a flying tyrannosaurus as convincing evidence of intelligent design? I know I would.

absolutely.  or if I saw a tree speaking french.  or an ostrich that can do calculus..I would definitely then believe in ID. 

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote: I am

LeftofLarry wrote:

I am simply asking why god would quit creating 6000 years ago, why not keep on creating things.... I mean..he's the creator he obviously has the power to create things... I would like to see him create something that is not related to living things but that is alive. In other words, I would like to see the creator create a living being that has no proteins, no DNA etc... can he do that? of course he's omnipotent. he can make trees talk if he wanted to.

Who is to say that he has stopped creating? Maybe just not in this universe or maybe not in the universe we can see or maybe just a part we haven’t gotten to?

LeftofLarry wrote:

My point is that the reason why we see interconnectedness in life (every living being is comprised of the same material, DNA, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates) that it obviously shows how all living things all came from common ancestors not a creator. And since we've never witnessed creation nor have any proof that we were created, how can we believe in a creator? Obviously if there was a creator, why would he stop creating?

I'm not sure but I thought there was a somewhere in the bible where he said he wouldn’t interfere with his creation here?? (Could have totally pulled this out of the air) but regardless “to want to create” is a human attribute that we don’t even know if he has.  Or maybe he is just seeing how it goes???

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
20vturbo wrote: Who is to

20vturbo wrote:

Who is to say that he has stopped creating? Maybe just not in this universe or maybe not in the universe we can see or maybe just a part we haven’t gotten to?

You know I heard an argument from theists that multiverses are ridiculous.  But that still doesn't answer my question on why he has stopped creating here on earth. I mean..why stop at where he did? 

20vturbo wrote:

I'm not sure but I thought there was a somewhere in the bible where he said he wouldn’t interfere with his creation here?? (Could have totally pulled this out of the air) but regardless “to want to create” is a human attribute that we don’t even know if he has. Or maybe he is just seeing how it goes???

Or maybe, there isn't a creator?

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote: You

LeftofLarry wrote:

You know I heard an argument from theists that multiverses are ridiculous. But that still doesn't answer my question on why he has stopped creating here on earth. I mean..why stop at where he did?

Not all theists are the same. Is there any compelling reason that he shouldn't stop?

LeftofLarry wrote:

Or maybe, there isn't a creator?

Exactly! That’s the point of these fun talks! Without God this post wouldn’t exist! Smiling

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
The way I see it is if god

The way I see it is if god created the universe, he did it kind of like how someone would assemble their Ikea furniture.  God didn't bother to read the directions, he just said to himself "Shit, man I can figure this out.".  He then proceeded to spend seven entire days mashing widgets into doodas.  On his first attempt, the universe just kind of fell over.  After swearing for a while, he tried again and actually managed to get thing to stand up, but had all these bolts and screws left over.  Having no idea what they did or were they went he just said "Fuck it." threw them in his knick knack drawer and cracked a beer.

And that is why we don't have a third arm or eyes in the back of our head.

The reasoning behind it is pretty simple.  He just can't be bothered to create anything, not after that last headache.

By the way, a flying tyranosaurus would tottally rock my world.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
20vturbo wrote: Not all

20vturbo wrote:

Not all theists are the same.

I know that all theists aren't the same, but the arguments tend to be either the same or a redefinition which would then lead you to believe that redifining the religion is flawed because then, god's word is inerrant. Eye-wink

20vturbo wrote:
Is there any compelling reason that he shouldn't stop?

Exactly, it doesn't make sense that a god does exist. there is no compelling reason for a god to stop creating, so why did he? I mean you can't prove he still is creating right?  Smiling

20vturbo wrote:

Exactly! That’s the point of these fun talks! Without God this post wouldn’t exist! Smiling

I would say that it's the concept of a god that allows for these talks to occur.  If everyone realized there isn't a god, there would be no need for this discussion or, for the RRS.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

And that is why we don't have a third arm or eyes in the back of our head.

By the way, a flying tyranosaurus would tottally rock my world.

Oh but there are cases of people wiht three arms and eyes where they're not supposed to be. It's called genetic disorders. malformations due to incorrect genetic signaling. It's all part of the not so perfect system of the human condition.  Another example why an Intelligent designer could not have created us. Other flaws in our design, our knees, our copulatory systems, cancer, viruses, autoimmune disease..now that's intelligent. uh huh..

oh and a flying tyranosaurus would rock. I think I'll start a club demanding god creates flying t-rexs.  I'll give one to my step kids to be as a pet.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, when you consider

Actually, when you consider that birds evolved from dinosaurs, it is perhaps fair to say that flying t-rexes already exist, and are nesting in the backyard as we speak.  god wins again.  d'oh.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra

zarathustra wrote:
Actually, when you consider that birds evolved from dinosaurs, it is perhaps fair to say that flying t-rexes already exist, and are nesting in the backyard as we speak. god wins again. d'oh.

DAMN IT!!! how many points does god have now?   

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry

LeftofLarry wrote:

zarathustra wrote:
Actually, when you consider that birds evolved from dinosaurs, it is perhaps fair to say that flying t-rexes already exist, and are nesting in the backyard as we speak. god wins again. d'oh.

I think that makes three.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

LeftofLarry wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

I think that makes three.

oh it ain't over by far...YOU HEAR ME GOD, YOU HAVE NOT WON!!!!!!  *RAISES FIST IN THE AIR*  Smiling  HAHAHAHA..

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
According to Genisis 2:1-2

According to Genisis 2:1-2 God "completed" his creation and he was pooped out. I guess being an omnipotent being isn't what it used to be.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord

Randalllord wrote:
According to Genisis 2:1-2 God "completed" his creation and he was pooped out. I guess being an omnipotent being isn't what it used to be.

Well that's convenient isn't it? I mean the bible...fails to explain why God would have created such faulty humans in the first place. But ends it at well god "completed" his creation..good luck..see ya at the rapture... hmm...waaaay to convenient for an omnipotent being eh? 

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry

LeftofLarry wrote:

Randalllord wrote:

Well that's convenient isn't it? I mean the bible...fails to explain why God would have created such faulty humans in the first place. But ends it at well god "completed" his creation..good luck..see ya at the rapture... hmm...waaaay to convenient for an omnipotent being eh? 

Hmmmm....reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

LeftofLarry wrote:

Randalllord wrote:

Hmmmm....reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

This rings true on sooooooo many levels. Bush-God-Rapture-Israel hmmmm...what do they all have in common?

War and death..that's what

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
20vturbo wrote: I'm not

20vturbo wrote:
I'm not sure but I thought there was a somewhere in the bible where he said he wouldn’t interfere with his creation here??

Nope! God pretty much just dicks around with creation in nearly every book of the Bible, 'cept maybe Esther. It's like he's an addict for miracles and smiting and the apocalypse and such.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.