Criticisms on MySpace against Atheism...

Liam_M
Liam_M's picture
User is offlineOffline
Criticisms on MySpace against Atheism...

Howdy

I'm a MySpace user, and I found some comments on a blog of mine by a random user. He has been posting on my page as well as on my friends since then, raising points that I feel are kind of... off topic. I'd like to get this community involved in the debate, as he wasn't keen to come to this community. So I figure, bring the community to him Smile

Anyway, here is a link to the most eventful of our discussions:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=3975600&blogID=188764107&MyToken=11920e7f-6b22-4891-913a-7780b7e4f...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Every Christian who posts

Every Christian who posts that "Prove God doesn't exist" deserves a 90,000,000 volt shock. Cursing Man

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

TakeCashToChurch
TakeCashToChurch's picture
User is offlineOffline
OTFG Matt!  That's an

OTFG Matt!  That's an explosive amount of electricity, and I feel safe in assuming that 90 million volts of power is more than the eastern seaboard uses in a day.  Can you imagine?  F the power company, I'm hooking up my house to a hardheaded Christian, and when the lights go dim, I'll start arguing with him again.

I've read on MySpace last night some postings from another group of atheists who seem to hate the RRS.  I was so reminded os the Dawkins South Park episode.  To each their own, I guess.  My question is this:  If people hate something, why do people try to confront it head-on with minimal informatioon handy?  Accept that it has the right to exist, and choose whether you subscribe to it or not.  Don't launch attacks because it goes against your grain. 

Every step I took in faith betrayed me

-Sarah McLachlan

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I would be happy to help

I would be happy to help you out, but where do you want me to jump in?

I was reading what he was saying and he seems to be kind of all over the place.

Oh in the future there are a few not so good verses in the NT. Matthew 10:34 is what I like to point out if they basically say the OT doesn't count.

Would you like me to just jump in on his last post?

Liam_M
Liam_M's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: I would

Voiderest wrote:

I would be happy to help you out, but where do you want me to jump in?

I was reading what he was saying and he seems to be kind of all over the place.

Oh in the future there are a few not so good verses in the NT. Matthew 10:34 is what I like to point out if they basically say the OT doesn't count.

Would you like me to just jump in on his last post?

Jump in anywhere at any time!

It just frustrates me the way he argues. He seems to know his shit with regards to philosophy and logical debating, but that may just be because I'm not the best philosopher (hey.. I'm a music student, give me some credit). Like the whol point we were trying to make against him was that Christianity is just really stupid and then he starts talking about the nature of reality and existence. 

Theism is for n00bs.

Liam_M
Liam_M's picture
User is offlineOffline
And by the way, he says he

And by the way, he says he is Agnostic, not Christian.

miss_moneysterling
miss_moneysterling's picture
User is offlineOffline
well first he said he's

well first he said he's agnostic, but then he reckons he a free-thinking christian, so who knows. pfftt theres no such thing as a free-thinking christian in my opinion.

hi liam Smiling i finally joined. 

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Liam_M wrote: And by the

Liam_M wrote:
And by the way, he says he is Agnostic, not Christian.

He really doesn't seem to know WHAT he is, or how to construct a valid argument.  Somebody already pointed out that he's all over the place... it's hard to debate a person that doesn't even complete a coherent thought.

skeptic griggsy
skeptic griggsy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, why not Heaven in the

Yes, why not Heaven in the first place?All these horrendous tests are just  a cop out and special pleading.Loving parents do not put their children in horrendous situations to test them for a nice place later.God would have to do the same! So God is a monster. See the new thread the definitive refutation of the free will argument for more argument.

morgan L lamberth Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism. Logic is the bane of theists.
" God is in a worse position than the scarecow who had a body to which a mind could enter whilst He has neither. He is that married bachelor. No wonder He is ineffable!" Ignostic Morgan"
"Life is its own validation and reward and ultimate meaning." Inquiring Lynn
Please support mental health and take the stigma off metnal illnes!

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
damn a christian

just tell them that you need proof that he DOES exsist. the burden of proof is on them. write a short story with a fictional character that you worship and tell them to prove you wrong for worshiping it. and when they tell you that a man wrote it, well, man wrote the bible and all the other phoney books of so called love and good morals.

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've read on MySpace last

I've read on MySpace last night some postings from another group of atheists who seem to hate the RRS. I was so reminded os the Dawkins South Park episode. To each their own, I guess. My question is this: If people hate something, why do people try to confront it head-on with minimal informatioon handy? Accept that it has the right to exist, and choose whether you subscribe to it or not. Don't launch attacks because it goes against your grain.

some people, even atheists are content to sit around and have the "whoa is me" atitude. they are never the ones to have changed anything. they are the loser bunch that just complains an bitches all day about us, the activist!!! Fuck them too!!! 

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!