Beyond Belief 2006 Conference

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Belief 2006 Conference

Speakers include Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Michael Shermer and many others:

http://beyondbelief2006.org/Watch/

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
There was just an article

There was just an article some ignorant woman wrote in the local paper (article not online Sad ) called "The Godless Delusion." She basically summed up what was said there and ended it with a complete non-sequitor - don't remember exactly but some nonsense about all they are missing is the love of knowing God or something like that. She gave absolutely NO reasons/evidence for her position. wtf

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
In session 2 of the

In session 2 of the conference the speaker hammers Intelligent Design: "Science is a philosophy of knowledge, ID is a philosophy of ignorance." More important is that he discusses why it's important to teach ID so that students will undersand what will happen to them when they reach the limits of their own knowledge.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I'll just add my

I'll just add my recommendation that EVERYONE watch at least some of these videos. There is about 15 hours worth I believe, but it's some of the best stuff out there

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...