atheist or anti-jesus?

stOneskull
User is offlineOffline
atheist or anti-jesus?

questioning theism by focusing on one bible, on one theistic belief, one god is not atheism.

christianity is one theistic belief. this forum is very anti-christian, as if you're jews or something.

i'd like to see more on nimrod and hercules and nike and mithra and horus and ra and orion and zeus....

it's all jesus, jesus, jesus...

jesus!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Uhh.... Dumbass... how many

Uhh.... Dumbass... how many Americans believe in Nimrod or Hercules or Nike or Mithra or Horus or Ra or Orion or Zeus. If they did, believe me, we would be fighting that belief. Unfortunately 75%+ Americans believe in Jesus. That's why. We fight any irrational belief, and Christianity is by far the most popular irrational belief in the US.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I think RRS needs a FAQ

I think RRS needs a FAQ already...

Asmoday
Asmoday's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am anti-christ. I would

I am anti-christ.

I would like to see the death of christianity.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote:I think RRS

Voiderest wrote:
I think RRS needs a FAQ already...

We're it, Voiderest. We are the FAQ section of the RRS. Despite the fact that every time we hear the same old question, we come up with new information and new counter arguments against the same old- same old question.

Spoonfeeding. When it gets out of here unanswered is when the RRS goes to work in my opinion.

Perhaps stOneskull hasn't seen the giant thread dealing with our misinformed muslim ALMALHAMA yet.
Or read the thread about scientology yet.
Or read Hamurooki's irrational precepts yet.
Or anything besides his/her own words yet.

I think if we simply urge them to stop typing with their crayon and read then perhaps they wouldn't just jump in with these obnoxiously baseless accusations.
Sure, we single out christianity most often. Do you think it ever occurred to stOneskin that it was because christians come here more often than say..... Raelians? Of course it didn't. We're the ones that have to show that 2+2=4 and here is why.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
A FAQ is a good idea,

A FAQ is a good idea, though.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:A FAQ is a

MattShizzle wrote:
A FAQ is a good idea, though.

Yup. Anyone want to start working on one?

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
stOneskull wrote:questioning

stOneskull wrote:
questioning theism by focusing on one bible, on one theistic belief, one god is not atheism.

Huh? Atheism is the absence of religious belief. Christianity is a massive religion with two billion members and immense influence on politics and culture around the world. It behooves us to talk about it; it'd be pretty strange not to.

stOneskull wrote:

christianity is one theistic belief. this forum is very anti-christian, as if you're jews or something.

Whoa! Jews are anti-Christian? "As if you're [J]ews or something"?

Puzzled

(Batshit alert...)

We talk about Christianity because, as discussed above, they're a huge religion that takes up a third of the world and affects people's lives every day.

stOneskull wrote:

i'd like to see more on nimrod and hercules and nike and mithra and horus and ra and orion and zeus....

That might be useful on a certain scale, yes, but these religions are of very little influence today. It would be interesting to discuss them as part of history, but then again, you don't see Mithra temples on every corner today. Most of the world has already abandoned them as mythology.

You may be interested in Ken Humphreys' site, which delves deeply into the history of ancient religions.

stOneskull wrote:

it's all jesus, jesus, jesus...

jesus!

On this site there are, in fact, periodic discussions with Muslims who stop in to write questions and so forth. As a forum, it depends on who wants to write and when. It's not like there was an order to not talk about other religions. I just haven't seen a Hindu or Buddhist write in to join the discussion. So how can we debate with people who haven't shown up yet?

I happen to live in America, where Jesus moonbats hold a tight grip on the government. The president said God told him to go into Iraq.

wtf

I rest my case.

aussie-dude (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
christianity is a sect of

christianity is a sect of judaism.

the god that christians believe in is the same as jews believe in.

the same one that says jews are god's special, chosen people.

at least christians do good by feeding homeless people,

and providing shelter.

i don't see many jewish or scientologist charities.

without churches and christians i think the west would be even more self-centred and uncaring.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline

stOneskull wrote:
questioning theism by focusing on one bible, on one theistic belief, one god is not atheism. christianity is one theistic belief. this forum is very anti-christian, as if you're jews or something. i'd like to see more on nimrod and hercules and nike and mithra and horus and ra and orion and zeus.... it's all jesus, jesus, jesus... jesus!

I think the best way to describe it is that we're like Yankee's fans in a sports bar, in Boston, during playoff season. We won't be discussing the migration patterns of geese, whether we want to or not.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
aussie-dude

aussie-dude wrote:

christianity is a sect of judaism.

the god that christians believe in is the same as jews believe in.

the same one that says jews are god's special, chosen people.

at least christians do good by feeding homeless people,

and providing shelter.

i don't see many jewish or scientologist charities.

without churches and christians i think the west would be even more self-centred and uncaring.

Look harder.  There's hundreds of them out there, they (non-christian charaties of all flavours, especially secular ones) just don't boast about it and use their good works purely to boost their own ego's as the christians do.  They do it for the good of those they're helping and ONLY for the good of those they're helping.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
To re hash my method.All is

To re hash my method.

All is gawed (science), then there is god of abe (myth). The story Jesus is both atheistic (buddha like) or christian (pauline like). Buddhism atheistic helpful philosophy is similarly polluted by silly religious folklore fantasy. As a rule, I definitley see the eastern thought regarding "existence" much wiser than anything fashioned from the god of abe religions. That would even include the Hindus, a bit like the American Indians.  

Umm what to do? .... Well I say "You are god as I, as all is god." Then I look into the ancient texts and proudly see the same intuitive message from many of our ancient ancestors. So who are the polluters of simple non superstitious, non dogmatic wisdom? They are the "enemy" to love, understand, heal. RRS "saves" .....

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any religion with a

Any religion with a suffering, bleeding man on a sadistic torture device is guaranteed to be fucked up.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fucked up indeed. Vast

Fucked up indeed. Vast numbers of xains happily celebrate the brutal lonely murder of some wise dude, as an act of their loving god. That is fucking wacko.

Jello
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, I AM GOD AS YOU, God

Sorry, I AM GOD AS YOU, God is not science. I disagree with you completely and utterly. God is the chair I'm sitting on. And only the chair I'm sitting on. It's not the chair you're sitting on, and it's not the chair your Mum is sitting on. It's the chair I'm sitting on, and when I'm sitting on another chair, that chair isn't God, it's this specific chair I'm sitting on right now. And tomorrow God will be the sink in my kitchen. I don't know yet what random definition of God I'm going to pick on Tuesday.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jello,   I utterly agree

Jello,   I utterly agree with you, in an ironic comic sense. But hey, all chairs are god I must say. Some folks just don't understand chairs, as you indicate ! In fact they don't understand sinks as well. How about dirt on tuesdays .....  

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Jello,

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Jello,   I utterly agree with you, in an ironic comic sense. But hey, all chairs are god I must say. Some folks just don't understand chairs, as you indicate ! In fact they don't understand sinks as well. How about dirt on tuesdays .....  

All books are one book.  All birds are one bird.  And all birds and all books are the same...if you can just see beneath the words and the feathers.

We are all one.

I know you.  I've seen you before.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yo , yeah ,  all words of

Yo , yeah ,  all words of all print, all of what is , IS ONE , in the "big picture". No idol , no master, how could there be? Religion FUCKING SUCKS ! Lucky me, I can laugh this day. Sheezz, so many can not ....  

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Just breathe, look up, and

Just breathe, look up, and smile.

There is no more rational response than that.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

stOneskull wrote:
questioning theism by focusing on one bible, on one theistic belief, one god is not atheism. christianity is one theistic belief. this forum is very anti-christian, as if you're jews or something. i'd like to see more on nimrod and hercules and nike and mithra and horus and ra and orion and zeus.... it's all jesus, jesus, jesus... jesus!

So we should waste time on the dead beliefs and mythological gods instead of the ones that are screwing people up in the here and now?

For me it's hard to tell who has done the most damage between Yahweh, Jesus and Allah so I despise them equally.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
To be fair I think

To be fair I think Christianity is the only one who openly opposes Atheism with this much hatred...I know most religions do this but in my opinion Christianity is very violent about this. and in a way we're fighting fire with fire.

Also as other people have said Christianity is more widely accepted so we just so happen to target this religion morethan the others.  If Jewish were the number 1 religion in America we would be debating with that religion.

I actually have more respect for Wiccans, because they don't look down on us for being Atheists.  Plus they don't preach their crap to me.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous