Richard Dawkins on Comedy Central

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins on Comedy Central

Richard Dawkins will be the Guest on The Colbert Report on Comedy Central - Tuesday 10/17 at 11:30 pm EST. Got the message about this by e mail from the FFRF.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah it's going to be very

Yeah it's going to be very interesting I think. Dawkins will either be right on, or Colbert will be hilarious and find ways to hack him with sarcasm. I'm worried that it will ruin the positive message though.

"Every true faith is infallible -- It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. Here the ways of men divide. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search." - Nietzsche

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I recorded it last night and

I recorded it last night and just watched it. Never seen the show before, and I thought it was pretty stupid. I didn't realize it would only be a few minutes with Richard Dawknis - Colbert kept interrupting him. It pretty much sucked.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
On the good side, this was

On the good side, this was the first time I heard the FSM mentioned on TV!

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I recorded

MattShizzle wrote:
I recorded it last night and just watched it. Never seen the show before, and I thought it was pretty stupid. I didn't realize it would only be a few minutes with Richard Dawknis - Colbert kept interrupting him. It pretty much sucked.

Comrade, calm down, the Colbert Raport is a satire show.

I liked it very much, and I'm starting to love Dawkins more and more.
I't great to see he has a sense of humour and lots of wit. He left Colbert stumped a few times - unable to turn what was beeing said into a joke.

jester700
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I recorded

MattShizzle wrote:

Colbert is usually great, but this one was kinda lame (though anything with Dawkins on it rates highly IMO). Colbert is a parody of Bill O'Reilly types, and it's usually very easy to see this. In THIS bit it wasn't clear, and I'm not sure if that's because this is an instance where he truly DOES disagree with the guest (Colbert is not atheist), or if we're used to theist arguments already being so inane when NOT being satirical.

The best Colbert bit to illustrate his style is actually the press dinner where he skewers Bush - right in front of him. Or the "Word" segments from the show, where he speaks like a right wing pundit while text sidebars make comic retorts (and reflect Colbert's real thoughts).

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
OK, I didn't get this as I

OK, I didn't get this as I said I never seen the show before. I didn't think he actually agreed with the theist arguments he made. I actually hardly ever watch TV anymore, except the news and weather channel.