Creativity Machines... A critical blow to the belief in the soul?

Orias
Orias's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creativity Machines... A critical blow to the belief in the soul?

Hey fellow freethinkers,

Found this on the myspace groups and I thought I'd share it with you guys and get your opinions. Have we achieved the age of sentient machines? I didn't think so 'till I saw this.

Creativity Machine Video - 28min. on Video Google.

Website

"...then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods..." - The Serpent, Genesis 3:5

averyv
averyv's picture
User is offlineOffline
i would just like to say

i would just like to say that this is nearly exactly my view, and, in fact, an amazingly 'practical' demonstration of it.

not one im personally a large fan of, and so something i will not likely participate in. but. if you didnt see it coming, well, i guess you werent watching.

at any rate, this is amazing.

"In depriving myself of the acorns... what have we learned? Nothing! Not one of us has learned!
"Which isn't my point, but very well could have been."
— Ashley Raymond, Olympia, 1989

Orias
Orias's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glad you enjoyed it. Be cool

Glad you enjoyed it.

Be cool if RRS could get this guy on and chat to him about how AI will affect religion.

"...then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods..." - The Serpent, Genesis 3:5

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I remember "debating"

I remember "debating" someone in high school as to whether computers could ever "think." His only response was "No, because computers can't think." Guess that was a preparation for the logical fallacies encoutered when debating theists.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

averyv
averyv's picture
User is offlineOffline
so, did you guys make it so

so, did you guys make it so far in the video as to see him use his research and machine as defense for an intelligent universe? just curious..

"In depriving myself of the acorns... what have we learned? Nothing! Not one of us has learned!
"Which isn't my point, but very well could have been."
— Ashley Raymond, Olympia, 1989

Orias
Orias's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah my bullshit meter

Yeah my bullshit meter started spiking there... I'm not sure I agree...