Who is the best Agnostic and the best Atheistic Movie Hero and Heroine of all times or at least the best of them anyway ?

Presumptuos_Nie...
User is offlineOffline
Who is the best Agnostic and the best Atheistic Movie Hero and Heroine of all times or at least the best of them anyway ?

The best agnostic hero : The Shadow (1994) Alec Baldwin as Lamont Cranston aka The Shadow

The best agnostic heroine : Dragonheart (1996) Dina Meyer as Kara

The best atheist hero : Star Wars Episode 4,5 and 6 (1977/1980/1983) Harrison Ford as Han Solo

The best atheist heroine : Lara Croft - Tomb Raider (2001) Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft

but i can be wrong, if i am please tell me why, post your nominee and tell me why he, she or it should be consider the best of all and i will defend my choice untill you people prove i am really wrong. Thank you very much ! 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Harrison Ford as Han solo?

Harrison Ford as Han solo? How the f do you get atheism out of that?

Laura Croft in Tomb Raider? Other than the fact, like me too, that most heterosexual men and lots of lesbians would do her to no end, that too puzzles me as to the "atheistic" motif.

But not so much a character but a movie for me. "The Wizzard Of Oz" is a great promotion of skepticism. In the end Dorathy pulls back the curtain to see that it wasnt a boogieman, just a guy with a bunch of gadgets, then wakes up to realize, in reality none of the fantacy was real, even though while it was happining in her dream, it felt real.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Episode 4 A New Hope on

Episode 4 A New Hope on board the millenium falcon while Obi-wan is teaching that jedi crap to Luke.

Han Solo wrote:
Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
then something about

then something about "ancient weapons and bogus religions are no match for a blaster at your side"?

If im not mistaken, so i can see the refference being made about Han, but im confused about the tomb raider thing... not that i payed much attention to the movies... plot >.> hehe

What Would Kharn Do?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
darth_josh wrote: Episode

darth_josh wrote:

Episode 4 A New Hope on board the millenium falcon while Obi-wan is teaching that jedi crap to Luke.

Han Solo wrote:
Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

Huh, thats the original series? Boy, out of all the memorable lines, I must have missed that. I'll be damned.

My favorite line in the first Original Star Wars was C3PO  yelling at R2D2 in the desert "Dont you call me a mindless philosopher you overweight glob of grease!". 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Presumptuos_Nie...
User is offlineOffline
Han Solo can be translated

Han Solo can be translated as Goes by himself and if that wasn't enough he ends the last movie with the girl, the dog, the hotrod, the free world and no father or mother in law to bother them, meanwhile the theist hero Luke Skywalker end's up alone, orphan and with a detachable bionic hand to do whatever you can think to do about with a detachable bionic hand using the force and a light saber.

About Lara Croft i was in a hurry and in need for a cool girl to place as an atheist heroine so please don't bother me except if you have someone better than Angelina Jolie, she is hot and the first movie was really fucking good, figure out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N48FbX-XOk

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I was just thinking about

I was just thinking about this.

Of course the obvious metaphore of the "force" could replace religion. But the motif is obivious "good vs evil".

I wonder if the motif in the movie was to interject Han Solo's objection to faith. Because in the end "The good force" beat out the bad.

You can even see that motif of good vs evil in The Wizzard of Oz with the good witch vs the bad witch.

So is it really about promoting skepticism as much as it is the writers wanting to spin a tale about good vs evil?  

Presumptuos_Nie...
User is offlineOffline
 The subject was about

The subject was about atheism and agnosticism, not about skepticism, prove she is not a good religious girl from kansas or else stop to talking about skepticism, that movie was charming but no atheist or agnostic material enough for me, it's obviously a pagan movie !

Presumptuos_Nie...
User is offlineOffline
I had to reconsider my nominee for best agnostic hero !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pNlMgH2p-Y

Stay tune folks ! Harrison Ford rules again !

I was under great stress lately and this foruns helps a lot, specially because all polemics and controversy to come together with any kind of daring and boldly statement, so to keep the topic alive i had to reconsider my first choice for best agnostic movie hero and change my vote from Alec Baldwin as The Shadow to once again Harrison Ford now as Indiana Jones and no the sooner coming of the forth movie have nothing to do with this http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVHubr4s7P0 and i an not making any kind of publicity campaign for one of the most fantastic heroes of all time, even considering the fact about agnostic heroes don't end so good as Han Solo this doesn't matter because Indiana Jones is the stuff of the legend. Thanks George Lucas and Steven Spielberg !