I'm prepared....

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm prepared....

Tomorrow, in my Religion & Philosophy class we're going to have Mr. Evans speak to us about Evangelical Christianity.

So what I have done is watched "The God Who Wasn't There" about 50 gabillion times and Penn & Teller's "The Bible is Bullshit" another 50 times, so I think I have what I need most Smiling Anything else I should watch? preferably on Youtube since it's only for tomorrow: /

We've already had a Jewish speaker, and an Fundamentalist Catholic come to speak to our class, even though I missed the Catholic speaker, my friend Anthony said that he asked how many Atheists were in the room, and apparently tried to convert the two that raised their hands, I was very  upset I wasn't there to raise my hand, but I'm hoping Mr. Evans will do the same.

Have a good day! 

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bring along some of the 20

Bring along some of the 20 questions flyers from the other thread.

SamTanner
Blogger
SamTanner's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would say

If you have a copy of Letter to a Christian Nation, then re-read it. But any of Sam Harris' Youtube vids would be good, try the one at the Freethink Conference (i think is what it's called, if not, just check sam harris).

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
www.godisimaginary.com has

www.godisimaginary.com has some great questions about religion that might be useful.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the Phuck!

Since when do speakers come into class and try convert people. I mean to ask a classroom who is an Atheist is ludacris! If I was there I would have said, So if I was a hindu I still wouldn't believe in the same god you do. I really really really really hate people sometimes!

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
well their purpose is not to

well their purpose is not to come in there and convert people, but to talk about their religion, and since he was a "fundie" that's pretty much what they do, Anthony said that he kept changing his story around, and he felt like saying something but didn't want to(which is a first), it will definitely be interesting and I looked at the 20 questions thread and I loved it, I'll have to write some down like I did with P&T's Bible Bullshit.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous