Atheist Anger

Dante626
Gold Member
Dante626's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Anger

I found this great blog post online. You guys may have checked this blog out before, but I REALLY liked this one specific post. It neatly sums up, I think, exactly what kind of anger "angry atheists" feel. Anyways, I'll post the link and a few examples. I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Atheists and Anger (http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2007/10/atheists-and-an.html)

"I get angry when advice columnists tell their troubled letter-writers to talk to their priest or minister or rabbi... when there is absolutely no legal requirement that a religious leader have any sort of training in counseling or therapy."

" I'm angry at the believers who put decals on their cars with a Faith fish eating a Darwin fish... and who think that's clever, who think that religious faith really should triumph over science and evidence. I'm angry at believers who have so little respect for the physical world their God supposedly created that they feel perfectly content to ignore the mountains of physical evidence piling up around them about that real world; perfectly content to see that world as somehow less real and true than their personal opinions about God. "

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
A friend of mine put me

A friend of mine put me onto that post.  It is the most comprehensive, and one of the most eloquent, posts on this subject that I've ever seen.  Everyone everywhere should read it, regardless of their theological status.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
a really excellent list

a really excellent list that i wasn't aware of previously. thanks for posting the link Smiling

Dante626
Gold Member
Dante626's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, no problem! I'm glad

Hey, no problem! I'm glad you liked it. I think it illustrates a the very real difference between the "angry atheists" that the media likes to portray and the actual angry atheists that exist.

iranu
User is offlineOffline
I've seen a link to this

I've seen a link to this before and it shows how some atheists feel.  I sympathise with my/our American cousins because it seems that they have to fight much harder against religious dogma than here in Britain. 

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Damn good article.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greta Christina's blog has

Greta Christina's blog has come to our defense on multiple occassions as well. Check out her post "In Defense of the Blasphemy Challenge". As a matter of fact, just search the atheism section.