Someone I know called Dawkins the "Jerry Falwell of Atheism"

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone I know called Dawkins the "Jerry Falwell of Atheism"

I'm considering not knowing him anymore.

"If the American Atheists Society or Saddam Hussein himself ever sent an unrestricted gift to any of my ministries, be assured I will operate on Billy Sunday's philosophy: The Devil's had it long enough, and quickly cash the check."

Falwell equating the Atheists to Saddam Hussein.

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
isn't it nice how some

isn't it nice how some american xians and conservatives love to whip out the terrorist comparison on anyone whose veiws run contradictory to their own, such as atheists, prochoicers, al gore, etc? between that and the fear campaign created by bush/cheney, the word "terrorist" is becoming meaningless.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too bad we can't pretend

Too bad we can't pretend that everyone who agrees with us is being taken over by a sinister boogey man with horns.  It'd make things a whole lot easier.  I guess we'll just have to make rational objections to our opponents.  That, or find a reason to compare them to Hitler.