Atheist CNN/YouTube Debate question: UPDATE: NEW VOTING SITE! WWW.10QUESTIONS.COM! VOTE 4 OUR VIDEO THERE NOW!!!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist CNN/YouTube Debate question: UPDATE: NEW VOTING SITE! WWW.10QUESTIONS.COM! VOTE 4 OUR VIDEO THERE NOW!!!

Hi again, a serious problem is emerging. Our question: "Is America Unofficially a Theocracy?" is falling down in the polling very fast. Yesterday night, it was at 609 votes, now it is down to 533. A religious fundie on YouTube said he would get his Church and ministry to vote down the video. Obviously this is his doing...
Please help strike back and vote for our question "Is America Unofficially a Theocracy" to be aired at the CNN/YouTube debate at the end of November at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates and if you know anyone else that may be interested, let them know about this too! Thanks!! This question MAY be answered by the most powerful people on the planet if we get enough votes!!

UPDATE: OK, we have a brand new voting site up. It is called 10questions.com. (http://www.10questions.com) Our video is currently the last video on the first page, if it is no longer there, you can find it by searching for "Lunch4lyfe" in the search box. "Is America Unofficially a Theocracy" is the question.

IF OUR VIDEO GETS IN THE TOP TEN BY NOVEMBER 14TH, IT WILL BE ASKED TO *EVERY* PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Make sure you spread this to

Make sure you spread this to all the atheist sites you can post on

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
We have lost 200 votes today

We have lost 200 votes today alone due to a Religious fundie on YouTube and his Church plus Youth Group...I also think that one of them must be using a hacking device to make the votes go down that low. All positive votes and support is appreciated!!

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

Teresa Nichols
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I voted for it and I'm

I voted for it and I'm spreading the word.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks so much I appreciate

Thanks so much I appreciate it. Smiling

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unsavedsinner wrote: We

Unsavedsinner wrote:
We have lost 200 votes today alone due to a Religious fundie on YouTube and his Church plus Youth Group...I also think that one of them must be using a hacking device to make the votes go down that low. All positive votes and support is appreciated!!
Its clearly a form of censorship

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Absolutely. Of course this

Absolutely. Of course this is not the first case this has happened from YouTube Fundies...

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Their purposely rallying

Their purposely rallying to vote down the question only proves to me that they know the answer is "Yes, it has".

Otherwise, why would they care if it was asked? 

Thanks for the confirmation, fellas!

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
bump  

bump

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, they *really* do not

Yeah, they *really* do not want this question anywhere near potential presidents I guess. They want us nontheists to be silent.

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Bump, so that more people

Bump, so that more people may see and also I can keep tabs on this under "in my account" everyday, and vote. Shit, Lunch4lyfe's video used to be higher than this, too.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is very true, that's

That is very true, that's why we need to keep up the voting! We used to actually be in first place way before.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bump

Bump

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bump again, This does not

Bump again,

This does not just affect atheists. There has been since Thomas Jefferson, an exclusion of non-Chrisitians to our highest offices. Not because of the Constitution. But because of lack of eductation that has been perpetuated throughout our history. "No Religious Test" Constitutionally means that you cannot be prevented from applying for the paperwork to run for office.

Certianly the voters are not required to vote for a non-Christian of any label. BUT, it stands to reason that if those words are in OUR Constitution, that serves as a reminder to civic minded people that although they can vote for whomever they want, the last thing they should do is "test" someone they might vote for on the issue of deity belief.

Why is this so important? Because, there are conservitive Jews and Christians, and even conservitive atheists. There are atheists and Christians for the death penalty as well as those in both camps against it. There are atheists and Christians for gun ownership, while others seek more restriction.

The point is that this affects more than just atheists. We have in our Congress our first Muslim and first open Atheist. They dont deserve their jobs based on novelty anymore than Hillary or Condoliza should be President because they are women.

This issue is important because OUR Constitution says that anyone in good standing can run for office when meeting the age reqirements for that office. 

Obama doesnt deserve to be president because he is black. Pet Stark(atheist) doesnt desirve to be president because he is an atheist. What we do have far too much in this country is a division between left and right, BASED ON CHRISTIANITY.

When you own a business, do you care what your employee's religious beliefs are, or do you care what kind of job they do? So why is it we cant do that with the Presidency? Why cant we do that with the House and Senate? Why cant we do that with the Supreme Court?

This question is far past due and every Canidate should answer it. If there are any brave ones out there, they will not pander for votes.

VOTE, VOTE NOW AND VOTE OFTEN. THEY MUST HEAR THE VOICES OF THE VOTERS THEY DISINFRANCIZE!

Do not expect emidate results, just do it, and do it often. Someday we will get to the day when "No religious test" means something, and job preformance means even more. 

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Bump* We haved recovered

*Bump* We haved recovered from the extreme loss of votes, however skys the limit remember. Keep it up! Thanks!!

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Bump - it fell sharply since

Bump - it fell sharply since yesterday, so keep those votes up!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes! We have lost 20 votes

Yes! We have lost 20 votes in an hour! Votes are appeciated!!

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should also downvote the

You should also downvote the other top ones toget our question to raise. Especially the 2378324238942348923 ones on corporate personhood.

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, especially when he has

yeah, especially when he has two videos asking the same question...

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Bump; I don't know about

Bump; I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is at least a fraction important for our "atheist jihad".

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bump

Bump

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, I agree. How

Thank you, I agree. How about we try telling the Squad that? Email or PM right?
We are in the 2nd row now, yay! Let's try to get more votes though!!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
They're back!! Dammit

Ughh, once again these people voted down the video.
Please help vote it back up, remember after every 2 to 3 days you can vote again. That's what these guys are doing. Please also do it and vote it up! Thanks so much guys.

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Up... This is something that

Up... This is something that need be adressed.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I've been able to

I've been able to successfully vote every day.  I knock everything down on the first page with the exception of bringing up this question.  I need to start doing it at work too.

Everybody, if you can access that website from your work computer do it from both your work and home.  Try it every day.  It works for me.

...wait a minute, I'm a network administrator.  I wonder if I can remotely log onto random computers and vote on all of them.  I suppose it would depend on how they keep track of computers on that website.  Hmmm...

If that works I'll vote 30 times a day.  Sticking out tongue

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

WhimsicalDaisy
User is offlineOffline
this is a shame

Watcher wrote:

I've been able to successfully vote every day.  I knock everything down on the first page with the exception of bringing up this question.  I need to start doing it at work too.

Everybody, if you can access that website from your work computer do it from both your work and home.  Try it every day.  It works for me.

...wait a minute, I'm a network administrator.  I wonder if I can remotely log onto random computers and vote on all of them.  I suppose it would depend on how they keep track of computers on that website.  Hmmm...

If that works I'll vote 30 times a day.  Sticking out tongue

Atheist or Theist, the fact that you have to have a pissing war for popularity just means it will not be an honest poll. For anyone, that is just plain sad and shame on people that try to 'fix' the results with dirty tactics...it really does not cast either in a very good light.

Why does 80% of the US say they are Christian but so few look like Jesus?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
WhimsicalDaisy

WhimsicalDaisy wrote:
Atheist or Theist, the fact that you have to have a pissing war for popularity just means it will not be an honest poll. For anyone, that is just plain sad and shame on people that try to 'fix' the results with dirty tactics...it really does not cast either in a very good light.

"Fix" the results?  Are you not aware that atheists are GREATLY outnumbered in the USA?

By NOT being dishonest with what the majority of Americans want to ask is to give only the protestant christians the floor in this country.

Do they play fair?  They have the majority voice BY FAR.  If majority rules, and you are an atheist in America, then just shut up forever. 

Why not take a vote on whether RRS should continue to exist to all Americans?  Guess what?  This website will shut down on the results.

They don't play fair.  But all is fair in war and love.  This is war.  So fuck 'em.

WhimsicalDaisy
User is offlineOffline
for false reason apparently

Watcher wrote:

WhimsicalDaisy wrote:

"Fix" the results?  Are you not aware that atheists are GREATLY outnumbered in the USA?

By NOT being dishonest with what the majority of Americans want to ask is to give only the protestant christians the floor in this country.

Do they play fair?  They have the majority voice BY FAR.  If majority rules, and you are an atheist in America, then just shut up forever. 

Why not take a vote on whether RRS should continue to exist to all Americans?  Guess what?  This website will shut down on the results.

They don't play fair.  But all is fair in war and love.  This is war.  So fuck 'em.

I am not doubting that it is a minority belief...the simple fact that 'christians' feel the need to squash any opposition is what I was reffering to. And honestly, your vulgar response does not show your above showing a poor representation of your belief and therefore just cementing most opposing thoughts against your ideals just as you depise anyone against you. Truly not a healthy way to prove your case.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
WhimsicalDaisy wrote:   I

WhimsicalDaisy wrote:

I am not doubting that it is a minority belief...the simple fact that 'christians' feel the need to squash any opposition is what I was reffering to. And honestly, your vulgar response does not show your above showing a poor representation of your belief and therefore just cementing most opposing thoughts against your ideals just as you depise anyone against you. Truly not a healthy way to prove your case.

The "simple fact that christians feel the need to squash any opposition" is a reason why I should NOT try to counter it?

Also that I included a single word 'fuck', the only "vulgar" word used at all, means my entire response was vulgar?

I smell a fundamental theist incognito.

WhimsicalDaisy
User is offlineOffline
HAHAHAHA

Watcher wrote:
WhimsicalDaisy wrote:

The "simple fact that christians feel the need to squash any opposition" is a reason why I should NOT try to counter it?

Also that I included a single word 'fuck', the only "vulgar" word used at all, means my entire response was vulgar?

I smell a fundamental theist incognito.

It shows negative and unrespectful behavior towards people...something that mucks all of the planet. Do I say that word? Yup, when the kids get on my last nerve, which proves I am not a holier than thou...lol.

and to be quite honest, i have no idea what a fundamental theist is much less be one...but feel free to explain. I have no hate agenda nor here to prove what I live. I'm here to love people (even vegans...hehe).

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
WhimsicalDaisy wrote: It

WhimsicalDaisy wrote:
It shows negative and unrespectful behavior towards people...something that mucks all of the planet. Do I say that word? Yup, when the kids get on my last nerve, which proves I am not a holier than thou...lol.

and to be quite honest, i have no idea what a fundamental theist is much less be one...but feel free to explain. I have no hate agenda nor here to prove what I live. I'm here to love people (even vegans...hehe).

This website is negative and unrespectful of people's religion.  The question I am promoting is also negative and unrespectful of people's religion at what type of discussion it hopes to address.  Do you realize what website you are on?

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Umm, damn; it fell like a

Umm, damn; it fell like a rock today. There are people out there really determined to vote this question down.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes it sure did, wow. Tis

Yes it sure did, wow. Tis not a good day.
I really wish the RRS would make this an alert message. That would really help. Of course, they will not respond to the emails me, and others have sent regarding this opportunity to speak to someone in real power about the subject the RRS only talks about. 
Also, some people may think going on different computors to vote is "cheating", yet this is what the people voting down the video is doing. They also have homefield advantage already here in America. Please, do whatever you can to vote and get this video up. Thank you in advance!!

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unsavedsinner wrote: We

Unsavedsinner wrote:

Ok, I understand the importance of this question, and why it should be answered...but 'a hacking device'? Come on now,  and even if this is a "Pissing Contest" as one person said, not EVERY Christian is going to vote to ignore it, and not every Atheist is going to support it, I doubt some people even know of the site's existence, I didn't until I read this forum. Doesn't the fact that they're going this far to NOT have the question answered prove the point?

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I "cheated" and voted

I "cheated" and voted around 15 times from work today.  I brought it up from fourth row to third row.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Watcher, and Brion,

Thanks Watcher, and Brion, the guy voting it down EMAILED ME ABOUT IT. He said he is getting his CHURCH AND YOUTH GROUP to vote it down every few days. I'm not just assuming this is what's going on, the guy told me himself.

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
He specifically told you he

He specifically told you he was using 'a hacking device'? again, doesn't him getting so anal about voting it down prove the point?

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
bump... don't let this go

bump... don't let this go

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if I can get our

I wonder if I can get our programmer/webmaster to write a good batchfile to automatically vote on this.  I think that is doable.  If so I can set it up to go to 500 computers every couple days at say 2 a.m.

What are these people afraid of?  It seems like a fairly non-antagonistic question.

I've got to remote into 18 computers tomorrow.  I'll vote again on every one.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks guys we really

Thanks guys we really appreciate it. I do want to try to stay away from "Cheating" as much as possible, but ofcourse lots of votes would be nice, especially with these assholes voting it down every too days. And yes, them voting it down every 2 days or so proves that they REALLY do not want this question near their delicate Right Wing party.

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Digg this story:

http://youtube.com/phillipetrindade - Reasonable dialogue about atheism. Please visit, rate it and comment. Thanks!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, I would like to

Thanks, I would like to shift our focus to the new site. http://www.10questions.com Our question is on the first page, last question on the first page. if we get it and keep it in the top ten, it will be asked to EVERY presidential candidate.  I want to try to get the RRS to feature this. Please help if you can!!

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Unsavedsinner, I

Hey Unsavedsinner, I recommend you edit your first post, adding the new website - insert a P.S. or something.

I also posted the link to the digg story on Sapient's blog, I hope he checks this out, since it's a political matter that doesn't require supporting any politician - which would not hurt an eventual non-profit status of the RRS.

I'll comment on the digg post so it leads to the new link aswell.

Keep it up!

P.S. It's on the first page but it's in the last place, so vote up, digg up!

http://youtube.com/phillipetrindade - Reasonable dialogue about atheism. Please visit, rate it and comment. Thanks!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. Smiling And I will do just that!

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
How many others here are at

How many others here are at least aware of this thread --- bump - ? Are the core members? Hello? Anybody?

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Nevermind now; look at how

Nevermind now; look at how high the votes are now!!!