The crime of masturbation.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
The crime of masturbation.

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/259351.htm?nl=1

When I read about stuff like this it makes so angry I want to scream. They gave a prisoner an extra 60 days for jerking off in his cell. Give me a break.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's shit like this that

It's shit like this that sends me into a tirade of obsenity, and usually ends up with me having to go to the chiropractor to get the stress kinks out of my back. 

Ugh.  I don't know what to say.

Just remember, Christianity is a force for good in the world.  If you say that enough times, it will be true.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: It's

Hambydammit wrote:

It's shit like this that sends me into a tirade of obsenity, and usually ends up with me having to go to the chiropractor to get the stress kinks out of my back.

Yea i do the same thing, i think i do it to much. I rant (with and without obsenties) quite often. My boss now trys to actively discourage any topic that might get me up in the air, even though its perfectly fine to have dicussions at work sometimes  since we aren't doing anything else anyway. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane

pariahjane wrote:
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/259351.htm?nl=1 When I read about stuff like this it makes so angry I want to scream. They gave a prisoner an extra 60 days for jerking off in his cell. Give me a break.

Let's see..... two times a day, sometimes three (especially with a lot of extra idle time on my hands... pun intended) , times sixty extra days.....

3*60 ad infinium

I would be imprisoned for infinity.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: pariahjane

BGH wrote:

pariahjane wrote:
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/259351.htm?nl=1 When I read about stuff like this it makes so angry I want to scream. They gave a prisoner an extra 60 days for jerking off in his cell. Give me a break.

Let's see..... two times a day, sometimes three (especially with a lot of extra idle time on my hands... pun intended) , times sixty extra days.....

3*60 ad infinium

LOL!! I wonder if the punishment would be harsher for women.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Just

Hambydammit wrote:
Just remember, Christianity is a force for good in the world. If you say that enough times, it will be true.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Let's see..... two

Quote:

3*60 ad infinium

I wasn't going to go there.  I'm glad someone has less tact than me.

You're all lucky I didn't tell you about how the doctor told me to pull off as many as possible after I got my snip-job.  How it was a good idea to get any living mini-hambydammits out of the old tubes before attempting the horizontal mambo.

Hmm...  I guess you know now.

So much for tact.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually this is a logical

Actually this is a logical progression. Outlaw dog fighting, then cock fighting, then chicken choaking.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

TakeCashToChurch
TakeCashToChurch's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Let's see.....

BGH wrote:

3*60 ad infinium

Wow!  That's a whole lot of corn shucking!

Why so often?

Every step I took in faith betrayed me

-Sarah McLachlan

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
TakeCashToChurch

TakeCashToChurch wrote:
BGH wrote:

3*60 ad infinium

Wow! That's a whole lot of corn shucking!

Why so often?

That was an estimate based on the idle time I would have sitting in a cell. 

TakeCashToChurch
TakeCashToChurch's picture
User is offlineOffline
OH!  OK! I was trying to

OH!  OK!

I was trying to figure out why you would *have* to beat off three times daily...

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
TakeCashToChurch

TakeCashToChurch wrote:
BGH wrote:

3*60 ad infinium

Wow!  That's a whole lot of corn shucking!

Why so often?

Are you sure you really want to know that? lol.

Hey, let's start a new poll about... never mind. Eye-wink

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's really fucked up.

That's really fucked up. Hopefully it can get thrown out on appeal.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
How could they prove this?

If they took this to court wouldn't it be one person's word against anothers?

I mean can you imagine

Can you describe the Penis? Which method of masturbation was he using? How long did it take for the defendant to finish?

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
My dearest Pariah, how am I

My dearest Pariah, how am I not surprised that this particular issue would grab your attention?  According to Fr. Guido Sarducci (of SNL fame), a round of masturbation costs 23 cents in heavenly money.  That seems lot cheaper than the jail time.

On the other hand, or should I say in the other hand, was he doing it on visiting day or something?  Maybe he was playing Silence of the Lambs with his byproduct.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Fish
User is offlineOffline
I would just like to point

I would just like to point out that he wasn't charged for masturbating per se, he was charged with indecent exposure.

From the Miami Herald (7/26/07):

Quote:
The sole witness in the case, BSO Deputy Coryus Veal, testified that Alexander did not try to hide what he was doing as most prisoners do. Veal saw him perform the act while she was working in a glass-enclosed master control room, 100 feetfrom Alexander's cell. There was no video tape or other witnesses.

Quote:
Veal, who has charged seven other inmates with the same offense, insisted that she was not against the act itself -- just the fact that Alexander was so blatant about it. Most inmates, she testified, do it in bed, under the blankets.

Veal said this was the third time she caught Alexander, and she had had enough.

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (7/26/07)

Quote:
The jailhouse deputy didn't bring the indecent exposure charge against the inmate until the third time he masturbated in front of her.

That's what Deputy Coryus Veal told Broward County jurors Wednesday as they heard the state build its case against Terry Lee Alexander, 20.

Every time he did it, he stared directly at her, said Veal, 45, a nearly nine-year veteran with the Broward Sheriff's Office and mother of a 19-month-old.

It was the deliberateness of the act that offended her, she said.

Had he covered himself with a blanket, Veal said, "we wouldn't be here today."

It took the four-man, two-woman jury about 45 minutes to reach a guilty verdict.

The crux of deliberations was whether the jail was a public place, said juror David Sherman, a Fort Lauderdale science-fiction novelist.

The jury concluded it was. "Limited access, to be sure," Sherman said, "but it's not a private place."

Masturbation wasn't the issue, he said, but rather the manner in which it was done. "None of us had any problem with masturbation in private," Sherman said.

"It was about him exposing himself to her," said jury foreman Ed Welch, of Coral Springs.

If you think laws against indecent exposure are wrong, that's one thing, but don't make this case out to be something that it's not.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fish wrote: I would just

Fish wrote:

I would just like to point out that he wasn't charged for masturbating per se, he was charged with indecent exposure.

From the Miami Herald (7/26/07):

Quote:
The sole witness in the case, BSO Deputy Coryus Veal, testified that Alexander did not try to hide what he was doing as most prisoners do. Veal saw him perform the act while she was working in a glass-enclosed master control room, 100 feetfrom Alexander's cell. There was no video tape or other witnesses.

Quote:
Veal, who has charged seven other inmates with the same offense, insisted that she was not against the act itself -- just the fact that Alexander was so blatant about it. Most inmates, she testified, do it in bed, under the blankets.

Veal said this was the third time she caught Alexander, and she had had enough.

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (7/26/07)

Quote:
The jailhouse deputy didn't bring the indecent exposure charge against the inmate until the third time he masturbated in front of her.

That's what Deputy Coryus Veal told Broward County jurors Wednesday as they heard the state build its case against Terry Lee Alexander, 20.

Every time he did it, he stared directly at her, said Veal, 45, a nearly nine-year veteran with the Broward Sheriff's Office and mother of a 19-month-old.

It was the deliberateness of the act that offended her, she said.

Had he covered himself with a blanket, Veal said, "we wouldn't be here today."

It took the four-man, two-woman jury about 45 minutes to reach a guilty verdict.

The crux of deliberations was whether the jail was a public place, said juror David Sherman, a Fort Lauderdale science-fiction novelist.

The jury concluded it was. "Limited access, to be sure," Sherman said, "but it's not a private place."

Masturbation wasn't the issue, he said, but rather the manner in which it was done. "None of us had any problem with masturbation in private," Sherman said.

"It was about him exposing himself to her," said jury foreman Ed Welch, of Coral Springs.

If you think laws against indecent exposure are wrong, that's one thing, but don't make this case out to be something that it's not.

I wasn't aware of this second article.  It depends on what you think indecent exposure is.  While I'm certainly against someone running around with their genitals exposed, I believe some states are trying to ban baggy pants under indecent exposure, which I find ridiculous. 

If the inmate was being as blatant and seemingly obvious as she says, that's one thing. 

I find it interesting that she has charged 7 other inmates of this as well.  That seems a bit odd to me.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
So how long are they going

So how long are they going to extend Kent Hovind's sentence when a prison guard sees him indecently exposed while bent over receiving from his cell mate?

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: So how

shelleymtjoy wrote:
So how long are they going to extend Kent Hovind's sentence when a prison guard sees him indecently exposed while bent over receiving from his cell mate?

HAHA! I wondered the same thing but assumed he would be tossing the guy's salad.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: So how

shelleymtjoy wrote:

60 days each time. Which is roughly 60 Canadian days, the way the exchange rate is going.

Also, my avatar pic somewhat related to this quote.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.