"Christ-like smudge fetches over $1,500"

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Christ-like smudge fetches over $1,500"

From yahoo.com:

FOREST, Va. - A smudge of driveway sealant resembling Jesus Christ's face has fetched more than $1,500 for the Forest family that found the holy image on its garage floor. The Serio family put the slab of concrete up for auction on eBay more than a week ago. Wednesday, they got a taker at $1,525.69.

"I really never thought I'd get any, to be honest," said Deb Serio, a high school teacher.

Described as an "uncanny icon of Christ," the slab doesn't cry, change appearance or do anything else. It just looks a lot like the son of God.

"It's fun to see what people say and think about it," said Serio, who has gotten hundreds of messages from around the world.

The family has hired a contractor to remove the marked section of concrete from the garage floor. Later, the chunk will be turned over to the auction winner, identified only as "islandoffthecoast."

An active Lutheran, Serio considers the smudge just an odd occurrence — not a sign or miracle.

"There are some people who need this kind of thing to sort of start them on their faith journey. I don't," she said. "That's why I don't mind parting with it.

Oy vey!

(Edit - removed code for ad)

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had a pair of underwear I

I had a pair of underwear I sold to a church in Oklahoma, which are venerated to this day.  The Christians saw the "Pieta" in the seat, but I just knew I was going to back off the chili for awhile.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pthhhp.  If that's the

Pthhhp.  If that's the case, I think I have a maxi pad that bears a striking resemblance to Christ on a cross that I could put on eBay...

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Pthhhp. 

pariahjane wrote:
Pthhhp.  If that's the case, I think I have a maxi pad that bears a striking resemblance to Christ on a cross that I could put on eBay...

ROTFLMAO

Ok, you have to go another 28 days before your next maxipad reference!

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Pthhhp.

pariahjane wrote:
Pthhhp. If that's the case, I think I have a maxi pad that bears a striking resemblance to Christ on a cross that I could put on eBay...

Sad thing is a nearly blind priest would bid on that and after a friend sees it the priest would say, "There's an image of Jesus on it too?"

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What a bunch of fucking

What a bunch of fucking morons.