Pay Up or Leave, Boy Scouts!

BethG
BethG's picture
User is offlineOffline

Scouting for All has been fighting for this for years. It's about time something is coming of it. Still no mention of the discrimination against atheists though. I guess that is still acceptable.

Quote:
Boy Scouts May Have to Pay to Keep Property in Phila.

The city of Philadelphia says the Boy Scouts have to stop discriminating against gays if they want to keep using a city-owned building rent-free.

The Boy Scouts' Cradle of Liberty Council is the third-largest in the country. It has been embroiled with the city for more than three years over its policy that forbids gays from being scout leaders.

The organization has made its headquarters on a half-acre property in the upscale Philadelphia Art Museum area since 1928. Now the city says the council must pay fair market rent or get out.

Council spokesman Jeff Jubelirer says Buy Scouts programs serve 40,000 Philadelphia children.

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/59990.php

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

I love this city! Go Philly.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

At least it's a start....

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

I was a cub scout when I was a young kid. Glad my parents pulled me out. The boyscounts and cubscouts are nothing but brainwashing doctrination groups.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

I was too! I left mainly because I got sick of going to the meetings every week. I did have a hard time with doing the religious stuff, even though I still believed in God at the time. I don't know if it's still the case, but when I was in Cub Scouts, the meetings and everything were held in a church! But they recruited in the public school. I don't think they should be allowed to recruit in public schools if they don't change their ways.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Nick
User is offlineOffline

WHOOOOO! Go PHILY! I love the cheesesteaks!! And now something else!! Yeah!

I hope other places follow their example. Those bigot assholes need to... uh... stop being bigots and assholes.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

DrFear
User is offlineOffline

my mom was politely asked not to bring me back to Tiger Cubs (the age group below Cub Scouts) because i couldn't play nice with the other children.
i always said if you don't have what it takes to defend your Lincoln Logs, go and cry and let the strong survive.
that was always the funny thing to me....as far as i could tell, the Cub Scouts teach homosexuality.

Fear is the mindkiller.

Nick
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
i always said if you don't have what it takes to defend your Lincoln Logs, go and cry and let the strong survive.

No wonder they made you leave! You're preaching natural selection!

lol

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

BethG
BethG's picture
User is offlineOffline

DrFear
User is offlineOffline

Nick_Poling wrote:
Quote:

No wonder they made you leave! You're preaching natural selection!

lol

yeah, but the point is i was like 4 years old!

kudos to philly for having at least some balls, they booted those pesky boy scouts out of town, now they just have to deal with the gang violence problem...i suppose that's a logical progression

Fear is the mindkiller.