Ohio judge frees man after Bible quiz

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Ohio judge frees man after Bible quiz

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070426/ap_on_fe_st/defendant_bible_passage;_ylt=AjM5lgdo9UBnazeXPn2dOFQuQE4F

Sooo, if he wasn't an upstanding Christian who was using a stolen he would have gone to jail? But because he is an upstanding Christian who was using a stolen credit card he didn't have to go to jail? Is that how are judiciary system works? Hmmm.


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
what a fantastic load of

what a fantastic load of bullshit. that judge should be suspended without pay.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Ridiculous!


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Totally fucked up. Judge

Totally fucked up. Judge should be thrown off the bench.


stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
Posts: 288
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
Maybe he should have asked

Maybe he should have asked him to recite the 8th commandment -- and then afterwards denied bail as he clearly knows what he did was wrong.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
He might still have to go

He might still have to go to jail.

It was an appearence bond. The guy still has to go to court.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: He

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

He might still have to go to jail.

It was an appearence bond. The guy still has to go to court.

 The fact is the judge showed him some sort of leniency because of his religious beliefs.  That's definitely not a separation of church and state.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote:  The

pariahjane wrote:

 The fact is the judge showed him some sort of leniency because of his religious beliefs.  That's definitely not a separation of church and state.

 

From the article I would say it's a bail hearing. The bond alone could make sense it was a relativly minor crime. I think this guy is just Joe Blow that stole a credit card, and wasn't part of some identity theft mob ring.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

pariahjane wrote:

The fact is the judge showed him some sort of leniency because of his religious beliefs. That's definitely not a separation of church and state.

 

From the article I would say it's a bail hearing. The bond alone could make sense it was a relativly minor crime. I think this guy is just Joe Blow that stole a credit card, and wasn't part of some identity theft mob ring.

I don't care if he got arrested for jaywalking.  The fact that this man knew Bible  quotes swayed the judge's position and that should not be allowed in our courts whatsoever.  

If god takes life he's an indian giver


FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
Posts: 173
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
All I hear is blah blah

All I hear is blah blah ..... it's not right.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle

FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle wrote:
All I hear is blah blah ..... it's not right.

...and your point is? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
Posts: 173
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
I'm not agreeing with what

I'm not agreeing with what happened and I think lol I might've posted that comment to something else and it came up here I dunno. ....... yeah.

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---


GUNT
Silver Member
GUNT's picture
Posts: 54
Joined: 2007-03-23
User is offlineOffline
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle

FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle wrote:
I'm not agreeing with what happened and I think lol I might've posted that comment to something else and it came up here I dunno. ....... yeah.

Are you as think as we drunk you are?