Pope revises limbo for babies

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pope revises limbo for babies

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_limbo

Apparently the pope revised church teachings because "there was reason to hope that babies who die without baptism can go to heaven."

The pope just basically changed a centuries? old teaching on the basis of 'hope'.  If hope can change and alter the Bible teachings, why the hell hasn't reason just ended all this silliness once and for all?!  I just don't get how a catholic can shake his head at a mountain of proof for evolution but breathe a sigh a relief because the pope 'hoped' all those babies out of limbo.  I mean, that guy just saved millions, if not billions of poor little baby souls, right? 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wonder where he stands on

I wonder where he stands on the souls of priest molested altar boys who commit suicide!

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've said it before and

I've said it before and I'll say it again...fuck the pope!

Sam Harris discusses the deliberations in "Letter to a Christian Nation". For those that have not read it he said "Can we conceive of a project more intellectually forlon than this? Just imagine what these deliberations must be like. Is there the slightest possibility that someone will present evidence indicating the eternal fate of unbaptized children after death? How can any educated person think this anything but a hilarious, terrifying, and unconscionable wate of time?"

Way to go Pope Benedick! Brilliant! Next meeting they will discuss what happens to BGH's sixth toe when he dies.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amazing. I want see the

Amazing. I want see the evidence for "serious theological and liturgical grounds for hope that unbaptized infants who die will be saved and brought into eternal happiness." That should be a great read.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mindless, pointless,

Mindless, pointless, head-up-the-ass blathering. I just don't know how anyone could seriously take the Pope or the Church seriously on anything.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: I've said it

jce wrote:

He's not my type. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote: jce

thingy wrote:

jce wrote:

He's not my type.

HAHAHAHA!!