Goooooooooo, New Hampshire!

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Lynch noted his support

"Lynch noted his support for same-sex benefits when he was a trustee in the state university system. But he has said he opposes gay marriage."

My only concern is if they legalize civil unions, will the subject of same-sex marriage be pushed to the back burner? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: "Lynch noted

Susan wrote:

"Lynch noted his support for same-sex benefits when he was a trustee in the state university system. But he has said he opposes gay marriage."

My only concern is if they legalize civil unions, will the subject of same-sex marriage be pushed to the back burner?

What would the difference be, other than what the state wants to call it?  Aren't the important things(inheritance, being considered next of kin, et al)  covered in a civil union?  Where's Lynette?  Get her butt in here.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote: What

Roisin Dubh wrote:

What would the difference be, other than what the state wants to call it? Aren't the important things(inheritance, being considered next of kin, et al) covered in a civil union? Where's Lynette? Get her butt in here.

There are a lot of rights that aren't covered by civil unions. 

Since Lynette hasn't weighed in, I'll borrow a link from one of her other posts.

Here's the list of over 1138 rights from which gay couples are excluded. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.