CNN reported Pete Stark as an atheist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
CNN reported Pete Stark as an atheist.

I missed the story but caught the teaser this morning.

Why did it take 4 days for CNN to report Dem House member Pete Stark as the first open atheist?

Anywho, its about time.

GO PETE! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the Stark thing will

I think the Stark thing will be a sleeper. Not much attention right away, but it will build over time as we mention it constantly. I think many Christian leaders are just trying to formulate a response.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Honestly, I'm dissapointed

Honestly, I'm dissapointed with the press release job the SCA did.  The day the news hit, hardley anybody new about it.  Pete Stark didn't do a media interview, nothing.  If I had been the PR manager for the SCA, I would have done things differently.  But the gravity of the event will has caused waves that will not go unnoticed.

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is probably just as well

It is probably just as well he didn't do a media interview - which surely his critics would have seized upon as a ploy for attention.  Let the irrational naysayers create the stir - much as they did in the backlash to taking "under god" out of the Pledge

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††