The Catholic Church = SCARY. Apparently raping a child isn't as bad as allowing said raped child an abortion...

goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Fuck the God damn vatican

Fuck the God damn vatican Church. Fuck them straight to hell. I have NEVER seen people with such twisted morals as the Catholics. Makes me sick.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ummm. The link didn't seem

Ummm. The link didn't seem to work. I copied the link location and took out the extra 'http'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1861424,00.html

Interesting how doctors get excommunicated for an abortion but a priest can get away with buggering a little boy.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fuck em all, damn I hate

Fuck em all, damn I hate religion.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fuck the Catholic Church. I

Fuck the Catholic Church. I say the world is in the need of another Inquisition. Focusing only on corrupt theists.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, We are

Gentlemen, Gentlemen,

We are human. In order to 'kill' catholicism, all that is needed is getting this information out to others. I have no faith in a 'god'. However, I do have faith in humanity to make the right decision when given just the facts.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

reason_passion
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
vertical morality

Ah yes, another wonderful example of christian morality at work. Remember that for the priest, the only person he believes he has to answer to is God and his representative the pope. His fellow human beings can simply go to hell, which most of them will given catholic dogma.

Raping a child is a legal sin and punishable by courts. But the killing of an "unborn child" is a sin against god and therefore the more brutal crime. This is not to say that catholic morality defends rape, it just looks at it in context.

Here's what happens when thinking is no longer about the horizontal realm of reality and instead focuses on the imaginative vertical relationship with the cosmic bully. Man is forgotten, only God matters.

Every one of your relationships to man and to nature must be a definite expression of your real, individual life corresponding to the object of your will. -Erich Fromm

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The Catholic church invented

The Catholic church invented the inquisition.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aye, they did. Which is why

Aye, they did.

Which is why I brought it up. =) However, I really do not wish for any of them to die. haha.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Me neither. I just want the

Me neither. But they are a bunch of idiots. This is why I'm fighting this stupidity... ANYONE with a normal, SANE set of morals can clearly see there's nothing wrong with abortion, especially in this case. Like I said, twisted Catholics.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
User is offlineOffline
reason_passion wrote:Here's

reason_passion wrote:
Here's what happens when thinking is no longer about the horizontal realm of reality and instead focuses on the imaginative vertical relationship with the cosmic bully. Man is forgotten, only God matters.

Very very well put. It just upset me so bad. It's just... wow, their priorities are completely out of order!

Besides, it even says in their bible that you are worthless if you are under a month old yet. Adorable how they skip that little part conveniently.