jesus is a "fairy tale": hooray for Michael Gross

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
jesus is a "fairy tale": hooray for Michael Gross

in reference to a girl in a Nevada public school attempting to push a graduation speech containing references to Jesus Christ, former ACLU lawyer Michael Gross just said: "You cannot teach fairy tales at a public school function" on Glenn Beck's asinine program. Glenn then became irate and scoffed at the idea that jesus is a fairy tale.
i'm so glad somebody finally said that on national television (at least while i was watching).

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The dude that played Gandalf

The dude that played Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings movies (can't think of his name right now), responded to criticism that there should be a sticker on the book/movie "The Davinci Code" saying that it is fiction that so should the Bible! Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
yeah, Ian McKellan.

yeah, Ian McKellan.

random_antitheist
User is offlineOffline
Not only that, the bible

Not only that, the bible should have a surgeon generals warning like on cigerettes. Warning: Reading this book causes rapid brain cell loss.

Atheists never carbomb.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
what about these?

what about these?

Anonymousabc (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Jesus

There must be a God,  the Earth and universe are too complex to account that it could be any other way.  However religion is a man made invention and I liken  the Bible to the Illiad and Shakespeare.  What happens to all good people of so many other faiths, the Indians, Jews, Hebrews, etc. Nobody but Christians get into heaven? The Bible is man made and the greatest fairytale of all time.  To carry it on a bit, why is mythology a myth, why can Moses part the seas and Zues not throw lightening bolts?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymousabc wrote:There

Anonymousabc wrote:
There must be a God,  the Earth and universe are too complex to account that it could be any other way.
*facepalms* Why can't people see how stupid this statement is?

Why do I ask questions to which I know the answer?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Wouldn't a god also be too

Wouldn't a god also be too complex to not have been created were that true?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What date did this Glen Beck

What date did this Glen Beck episode air and can we find a clip of it on the net to post here so we can watch it?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog