Rational Response Squad Youth Scholarships (18 and younger)

elynch
User is offlineOffline

The Rational Response Squad has asked that I help organize a "Youth Scholarship" that will allow students 18 and younger to download all of the episodes of the Rational Responders for free!

In hopes that the generosity of the RRS doesn't bankrupt them, I/they will have to figure out a way to verify that those interested are actually 18 or younger and don't really have the means to purchase the shows.

I will link this thread to another thread on the Infidelguy website.

If you are interested and chronologically eligible, reply to this thread and/or send me an email at:

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

We'd actually be willing to give those without means copies of every show, not just the first five (until further notice). So if you don't have a paypal account, mom wont let you listen to those dirty heathens, you get no allowance, work too hard in school to have time for a job... we are willing to help.

Please no moochers who can afford it on their own, and just want a free ticket. It is because of loyal subscribers that we can afford to give back to those not in a position to buy. Moochers can listen to our past shows at the link in the menu bar that says "play past shows."

Is moocher a word?

So if you think you qualify, write to Elynch our "Dean of atheistic Scholarships" or make a response in this thread. Post anything, or send us anything you can to verify your age. Great verification would include a myspace page with your picture, and a scan of your drivers license to match. You can cross personal info off license if needed. The more verified you appear to be the more likely you will be to receive a Scholarship.

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed, it's because of your generosity that we can afford the bandwidth.

elynch
User is offlineOffline

OK, Sapient. I changed the original post from "first 5" to "every" episode of the show. You guys rock!

Nick
User is offlineOffline

I am 15 years old.
I love the show.
I am a diehard Atheist and I'm broke (not old enough for a job, no allowance, Christian mom who refuses to pay money for blasphemy)

ME ME ME! Laughing out loud

I'd love to burn the shows on a CD so I could listen to them anywhere, and share them with my Christian friends! Eye-wink
My myspace profile says I'm seventeen, I think (something like that) but i just did that so people could view my blogs. I don't know why, but it didn't let you even see my profile If I was under seventeen. Silly thing.

Don't worry, I swear to the-lack-of-God that I'm no moocher. Sticking out tongue

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Nick, you're in! I'll send the links to you in a two email boxed set momentarily. Enjoy, buddy!

Nick
User is offlineOffline

WOOH!

That was easier than I thought it would be.
BEING YOUNG ACTUALLY PAID OFF FOR ONCE! Laughing out loud

Thank you so much. *Bow*

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

What was I to do? I was afraid you'd take my kneecaps out with "Mr. Hurt" Eye-wink

Bashh
Bashh's picture
User is offlineOffline

I'm still 17 Laughing out loud

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

I wish I could remember being 17.

(sigh)

Starman
User is offlineOffline

I'm 18 now and about to go off to college - How can I prove this to you guys so I could get ahold of the audio?

Thanks all

elynch
User is offlineOffline

Starman wrote:
I'm 18 now and about to go off to college - How can I prove this to you guys so I could get ahold of the audio?

Thanks all

Sapient, of the RRS squad, had this suggestion:

"So if you think you qualify, write to Elynch our "Dean of atheistic Scholarships" or make a response in this thread. Post anything, or send us anything you can to verify your age. Great verification would include a myspace page with your picture, and a scan of your drivers license to match. You can cross personal info off license if needed. The more verified you appear to be the more likely you will be to receive a Scholarship."

My address is .

litterbug_kid
User is offlineOffline

Heya, just e-mailed you a pic of my provisional driving license and myspace address to your e-mail. Hope i qualify.. Sticking out tongue
xxxx

elynch
User is offlineOffline

More listeners from "across the drink." Excellent! Nice nick on your myspace page too! :oops:

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Re: ...

litterbug_kid wrote:
Heya, just e-mailed you a pic of my provisional driving license and myspace address to your e-mail. Hope i qualify.. Sticking out tongue
xxxx

Approved and sent. Enjoy Litterbug, share with your friends!

litterbug_kid
User is offlineOffline

elynch wrote:
More listeners from "across the drink." Excellent! Nice nick on your myspace page too! :oops:

haha! not sure if you were talking to me there, but thanks Eye-wink

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

If I run backwards really fast, I might reverse aging by a year. Smiling

But heay, bloody brilliant of you guys! An added benefit to this, its also helpful for younger closet atheists who can't get access to a credit card out of fear of being caught. Seriously, imagine being a 15 year old in a really religious environment, now they can get all the rationality they desperately need! Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline

This is a very nice thing to do for the youth.

You guys totally rock!

I?m forty-fuckin-five, but my girlfriend thinks I?m twelve. I have a credit card, so I don?t think I qualify.

The Emptiness of Theology
-- Richard Dawkins

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Abandoned_Mind wrote:

I?m forty-fuckin-five.

In twenty years we'll probably have a pension plan. Laughing out loud

GuentherBacon
Rational VIP!
GuentherBacon's picture
User is offlineOffline

Damn it. I'm 20.

How about a RRS Scholarship for young unmarried soon-to-be parents? Smiling

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

GuentherBacon wrote:
Damn it. I'm 20.

Wait till the kid is born and let him/her get them for free.... great start to life, Learning to use the internet ad 2days old and your first birthday presents would the RRSs show archive and a teddy... you better get it a teddy. Heh, its first word is going to be "Strawman" or "Santa is irrational, but I want presents anyway"^.^

-----------------------

GuentherBacon
Rational VIP!
GuentherBacon's picture
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:
GuentherBacon wrote:
Damn it. I'm 20.

Wait till the kid is born and let him/her get them for free.... great start to life, Learning to use the internet ad 2days old and your first birthday presents would the RRSs show archive and a teddy... you better get it a teddy. Heh, its first word is going to be "Strawman" or "Santa is irrational, but I want presents anyway"^.^

The mother wanted Santa Claus sooo bad. But I drew the line at having the kid circumcized. Smiling

Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."
The Book Of Satan IV:3, The Satanic Bible

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

GuentherBacon wrote:

The mother wanted Santa Claus sooo bad. But I drew the line at having the kid circumcized. Smiling

Err, I hope he -isint- getting his dong mutilated... was the line drawn before or after his forskin? Sticking out tongue

-----------------------

GuentherBacon
Rational VIP!
GuentherBacon's picture
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:
GuentherBacon wrote:

Err, I hope he -isint- getting his dong mutilated... was the line drawn before or after his forskin? :P

Eh. Part of me really wants to not get him circumcized.

Hopefully it'll be a girl and I won't have to worry about this shit.

Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."
The Book Of Satan IV:3, The Satanic Bible