I smell THEOCRACY!!! HR 888 seeks to rewrite history!

RabidApe
RabidApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I smell THEOCRACY!!! HR 888 seeks to rewrite history!

"Who controls the past, controls the future.  Who controls the present, controls the past."

I know that 'Orwellian' is a bit of a cliche on teh internets, but I don't know what else to call it!

"While the recent House of Representatives "Christmas resolution" was being covered and discussed ad nauseum on countless websites, blogs, and elsewhere, another far more heinous resolution was introduced, one which, unbelievably, does not appear to have been noticed by anyone. 

On December 18, 2007, Congressman Randy Forbes (R-VA) introduced H. Res. 888, a resolution "Affirming the rich spiritual and religious history of our Nation's founding and subsequent history and expressing support for designation of the first week in May as 'American Religious History Week' for the appreciation of and education on America's history of religious faith."

This resolution, which purports to promote "education on America's history of religious faith," is packed with the same American history lies found on the Christian nationalist websites, and in the books of pseudo-historians like David Barton. It lists a total of seventy-five "Whereas's," leading up to four resolves, the third of which is particularly disturbing -- that the U.S. House of Representatives "rejects, in the strongest possible terms, any effort to remove, obscure, or purposely omit such history from our Nation's public buildings and educational resources," a travesty of the highest magnitude, considering that most of the "history" this resolve aims to promote in our public buildings and schools IS NOT REAL!"

that's from Chris Ladda at:

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/1/4/24725/53989

I made a video, feel free to upload everywhere you can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2nwUb8NFE

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Full text here.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.