Can someone take a look....

doc-o-pharm
User is offlineOffline
Can someone take a look....

Hey guys (and gals), new member here, but have been pillaging through your forums for a while.

Some background on me and my beliefs:
I was raised in the church from day one. Attendance on Sundays was not questioned...it was required, no matter what. I went to a Christian school from kindergarten through 9th grade, attended a Baptist university and minored in religion there. I studied, and at one time, could fluently read the original Greek New Testament. I realized at some point that the more I learned from studying the scriptures, the more things didn't make sense. Over a period of time, I began to question what it was I had been brought up to believe. As of right now, I truly am undecided on what is "truth". 

I've been having a "debate" with a coworker on various Christian beliefs and tenents and was wondering if maybe someone could take a look and offer up any suggestions or comments......things I may have missed. This is taking place on a restricted access forum so I posted the discussion on my own site and it's pretty long, so be warned!

http://www.docopharm.com/ebdiscussion.htm

Thanks, and look forward to taking part in the discussions around here!

There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, doc-o-pharm.  (Interesting name!)

Isn't it fascinating that when some people read scripture, they become atheists/agnostics and when others read scripture, they become theists?

You read Greek?  That's quite impressive.   I think there are a couple of other members who can also read Greek.

We look forward to your contributions here on the forums!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

doc-o-pharm
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Welcome to

Susan wrote:

Welcome to the forums, doc-o-pharm.  (Interesting name!)

Isn't it fascinating that when some people read scripture, they become atheists/agnostics and when others read scripture, they become theists?

You read Greek?  That's quite impressive.   I think there are a couple of other members who can also read Greek.

We look forward to your contributions here on the forums!

Thanks, look forward to learning a little here! 

At one time I could read the Greek New Testament fairly well (5 semesters of it in school), but that was a long time ago. Eye-wink I think I've forgotten more than I learned!

There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.