Why is the God of the Monotheistic Religions Such a Screw Up?

AtheistAviB
AtheistAviB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is the God of the Monotheistic Religions Such a Screw Up?

Given the vast amount of power this God is supposed to have, why does he have such a hard time creating humans that can understand his message or creating a message that can be more easily understood?

If he were so incredibly amazing wouldn't there be less confusion in relation to the number of religions, and within the context of each of the religions themselves?

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe we're just animals and

Maybe we're just animals and we think more of ourselves than we should. If god created us as animals then we behave just about right and all this striving to understand him is conflating our importance.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or maybe we conflate our

Or maybe we conflate our importance because we dont understand that we are merely one species of animal.

Again, why stick a disimbodied being in as an answer when nature and phycology is abservable.

Making up answers when you dont have one doesnt solve problems. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Or maybe we

Brian37 wrote:

Or maybe we conflate our importance because we dont understand that we are merely one species of animal.

Again, why stick a disimbodied being in as an answer when nature and phycology is abservable.

Making up answers when you dont have one doesnt solve problems.

He invoked god in his question. It is appropriate that I include god in the response. 

AtheistAviB
AtheistAviB's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Maybe

wavefreak wrote:
Maybe we're just animals and we think more of ourselves than we should. If god created us as animals then we behave just about right and all this striving to understand him is conflating our importance.

This question only applies to those insistent on promoting the God of the monotheistic faiths. It is clear you are not doing this and hence this does not apply to your God.
Unless, you believe that he wants us to understand him, in which case, please explain how I'm off here.

Job
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Again, why

Brian37 wrote:

Why assume it is possible to observe in the first place without the existence of this "disimbodied being"?

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I tend somewhat towards

I tend somewhat towards pantheism so for me to understand the universe is to understand god.

My point about your question holds even for the religions you to which you are directing the question.  It is possible that this world is EXACTLY what (s)he intended and we are judging the results based on what we think is good, not what (s)he thinks. We are very good as a species at projecting our own feeling onto others. It should not seem surprising that we project them on god as well.

Tyler
Tyler's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps you should at first

Perhaps you should at first point out at which times God has screwed up, and then there might arise a possibility that we can give specific answers.

'I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' - Voltaire

AtheistAviB
AtheistAviB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tyler wrote: Perhaps you

Tyler wrote:
Perhaps you should at first point out at which times God has screwed up, and then there might arise a possibility that we can give specific answers.

The lack of clarity in the writings adhered to by any religion of your choice...