You got it wrong! THAT IS NOT BLASPHEMY!

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
You got it wrong! THAT IS NOT BLASPHEMY!

OK saying the words "I do not believe in the holy spirit" is NOT blasphemy against the holy spirit!!!

First notice I did not put holy spirit in capitals. I will explain more later.

Sorry but just saying I don't believe is not Blaspheme against the
holy spirit. You have to

1. Hear the message of salvation. (or meet the savior in this case)
2. You have to see a real miracle that can not be explained any other way.
Yes I am sure about this as the two times this is talked about it was right after a real miracle.
The two times the blasoheme is talked about is when a person who was healed and the miracle
of Penticost. Not maybe miricles but 100% only from God kind.
3. Then you have to deny the holy spirit.

Now, WHY, NOT FORGIVEN????
The reason is this. when a person see's a real miricle that could come only from God and they still will not
believe God is there then they will not have faith no matter what. No faith, no salvation.

OK now as for hell:

The word hell comes from a place were they would put the dead bodies.
Hell is a place were bodies are buried and burned. It means to perish or
cease to exist and that is forever. The empty body is burned not the soul.

CrazyCraig.com

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
goofball wrote: 1. Hear

goofball wrote:

1. Hear the message of salvation. (or meet the savior in this case)

The passage was written 40 years after Jesus died speaking in the tense that this sin is one that can still be committed.  If you're required to meet the savior, then this sin could never be committed when the bible was written as the savior was already dead.  This would mean the bible as erroneous and extraneous passages making it flawed, and we couldn't have that now.

Do yourself a favor and view this challenge through the lens of what the intent of the people participating is.  The intent is to blaspheme and show you how sure we and others are that your god doesn't exist.  We've heard all of the disengenious rationalizations that we're not actually blaspheming, and they're getting old.  To this point only one christian has actually had the integrity to actually address the intent rather than their own interpretation.  And as we all know there are hundreds of interpretations of the bible, including quite a few Christians that back our interpretation.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of these threads has to

One of these threads has to be deleted, he posted this twice.

Semp2pts
User is offlineOffline
goofball - your definition

goofball - your definition is a little off.

Saying "I don't believe" is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit but neither is what you described above.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is when someone believes that they do not require forgiveness of sins (read: atonement as provided by Jesus). It is a catch 22 - One cannot be forgiven if they do not believe and ask for forgiveness. That is why it is the one unforgivable sin.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit in the simplest terms possible is refusing the necessary grace provided by Jesus' sacrifice.

In that state - you are unforgivable.

Peace,

Semp.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
goofball wrote:OK saying

goofball wrote:
OK saying the words "I do not believe in the holy spirit" is NOT blasphemy against the holy spirit!!! First notice I did not put holy spirit in capitals. I will explain more later. Sorry but just saying I don't believe is not Blaspheme against the holy spirit.

Not according to several authorities on the matter.  Eerdman's DotB states on Blasphemy, "The act of cursing or slandering the name of God. It is not only an act committed against God (Exod. 22:28) but also an act of slandering, abusing, or reviling other people or groups (Rom. 3:8; 1 Cor. 4:13; 1 Pet. 4:4)."

Exodus 22:28, incidentally, proves this point when it states, "You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people."

Looking at revile - the root "vile" which comes from the Latin vilis, meaning to "cheap, worthless, base, common, despise."  All of these are pretty self explanitory, however despise comes from the Latin despicere which means to "look down on, scorn."    

Blaspheme, the breakdown is from the Greek, blaptikos (blaptikoz) "hurtful" and pheme (Feme) which means "utterance."

So literally, to Blaspheme is to make a hurtful utterance.  I would say this clearly is in line with what is said in 1 Timothy 1:13, " Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."

But Blasphemy has no limitations on those of ignorance, and Paul blasphemed against Christ NOT against the Holy Spirit.  So the whole idea of Paul's forgiveness is irrelevant to the Blasphemy Challenge, as we are not denying God and Jesus in unity, but rather the Holy Spirit, which according to Luke, "He who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN."  Nowhere does this connect to the purging of the demons, or the Pharisee's, nor does it talk of dividing nations, as this verse follows after Jesus rebukes a lawyer!

Also have you read the laws of the Old Testament lately?

Leviticus 24:16, "And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death."  (Little bit of an ego problem there, god?)

By definition, you should be stoning us to death because we blasphemed.  And think...this is your book.  This is the book you consider to be the gateway to the salvation of your eternal soul, a book that orders you to kill.  Are you really okay with that?

Quote:
 You have to 1. Hear the message of salvation. (or meet the savior in this case)

First you must prove Jesus even existed.  What?  You didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you?

Quote:
2. You have to see a real miracle that can not be explained any other way. Yes I am sure about this as the two times this is talked about it was right after a real miracle. The two times the blasoheme is talked about is when a person who was healed and the miracle of Penticost. Not maybe miricles but 100% only from God kind.

Read above and add:  How was rebuking lawyers in Luke 10:12 a miracle?  Commedians do this all the time on Comedy Central, in fact a movie called "Legally Blonde" was made to ridicule the profession in a way, does that make the director a miracle worker? 

Also, would you please care to stop twisting the definition of "blasphemy" around?  It's apparent you don't know what the word means, but to keep at it is rather poor in rgards to character.

Quote:
 3. Then you have to deny the holy spirit. Now, WHY, NOT FORGIVEN???? The reason is this. when a person see's a real miricle that could come only from God and they still will not believe God is there then they will not have faith no matter what. No faith, no salvation.

But you haven't yet set the definition of a real miracle.  What is something happens naturally that can not yet be explained by science and isn't a "miracle" at all?  How can you tell the difference between a real God-type miracle and a natural miracle? 

Further, when was the last time you saw the dead rise from the grave?

Quote:
OK now as for hell: The word hell comes from a place were they would put the dead bodies. Hell is a place were bodies are buried and burned.

Do you have a Peer Reviewed historical journal, or some publication in a widely respected archaeological periodical that we can get this information from?   

Quote:
It means to perish or cease to exist and that is forever. The empty body is burned not the soul. CrazyCraig.com

Again, prove it.

Thanks for playing!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
great stuff thanks

Ok this stuff you gave is great.

I do work alot so I wish I could respond now but it will take some time. Thank you for this stuff. I am a very open minded Christian. I bet you never heard that one? huh?

www.crazycraig.com

p.s. I will add one more subject real quick.

CrazyCraig.com

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Still not blasphemy

Since I work 19 hour days I don't have much free time so I would like to give feedback a little at a time.

Reading over all the definitions I could not find one of them that shows me saying "I deny the holy spirit"
as blasphemy. A person is not cursing or even saying anything bad.

Also the holy spirit is not the third person in a trinity. The bible does not talk about that.

The holy spirit is God's power here on earth. When you deny the holy spirit you are denying the power of God when you just saw it.

CrazyCraig.com

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
please take a look at my

please take a look at my last post. thanks

Craig

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay so you just posted

Okay so you just posted three times and told me you are going to post...?

Why don't you just post one reply and leave it at that when you have time? The fact is, I already showed you where, in fact, it DOES state that you can blaspheme the Holy Spirit in the Bible, and I showed you that denying the existence of the Holy Spirit IS blasphemy. I hope you go back and read what I wrote, and stop assuming what I wrote instead.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
time

I am not good at this blog thing forum sorry. I need to know how to send a message to just one person. 

Well I would like to give feedback but I need to do it one step at a time. Using cut and paste you sent me tons of stuff. I am typing everything.

I just started at the very top with the definitions you gave. Next I was going to move down to the
list to your examples.

Start with the definitions they each seem to show malice. Saying "I deny" does not seem to show malice.

ok tonight I will move down the page.

CrazyCraig.com

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
So now you've posted four

So now you've posted four completely worthless posts, while telling me you're going to post...look, you need to not post again until you have something substantial, k?

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I think you just don't like

I think you just don't like what I am saying.

I am make sence I that really is driving you crazy.

CrazyCraig.com

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
But you haven't SAID

But you haven't SAID anything!  Here is your post progression so far:

Post 1:  I will post later

Post 2: That's not Blasphemy (you didn't refute one claim I made not provide any evidence)

Post 3: Read above post.

Post 4: I can't work this website.  I'll post later.

Post 5: You don't like what I've said in the four previous posts.

HELLO?!  You haven't said anything of substance in the past five posts.  You've made five posts and nothing at all worth my time.  In the time it took you to write five posts, you could have written one big one and took on mine.  Instead you keep making these irrelevant posts that have nothing to at all to do with the subject, and the only small, dinky post you made you didn't refute anything and didn't back up your claim.

Now, I don't know how many drugs you've taken today, but my point still stands.  You have two choices to make here.  You can either, 1.) continue to make these small, stupid insignificant posts and waste both our time, and make yourself look foolish or 2.) read my post in its entirety, respond to each point I make and refute it with evidence and look like you know something.  Those are your choices.  Choose.

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
forget it

oh forget it. I am at work right now and I will not be off until
the morning tomorrow. I don't have time for going through all the stuff. Just forget it. Your a kid and I don't have time to waste.

CrazyCraig.com

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is now 6 posts and not

That is now 6 posts and not one is worthwhile.  You continue to look like a fool.  And thank you for proving my point.