Insignificance by repitition. Does this work? Read and tell me.

girlanachronism
girlanachronism's picture
User is offlineOffline
Insignificance by repitition. Does this work? Read and tell me.

Insignificance by repitition

This is a bulletin that was posted entitled "Car Wreck Photos". Also posted in this blog is my reaction.

"How sad!!! You opened this cus it said... car wreck photos! :- (!!! But would you have opened it if it said "I love God no matter what?" Repost this in 5 mins. If You Truly Love GOD. A miracle Will Happen Tonight."

Why are Will, Happen, and Tonight unneccesarily capitalized?

Do YOU love GOD? I don't know. And I don't care, haha. Love GOD. Love the pizza guy who comes to your house. It doesn't affect me. But GOD is pretty awesome. The GOD that people talk about, I mean. Maybe not the real one. Again, I don't know. Do YOU know? Probably not.

You THINK you do, but that's just faith reassuring you time and time again. As far as I can tell, you loving GOD has no affect on me. It has no affect on people dying of starvation, the chinese babies that are killed becuase they were either female or not the first born, the ozone layer, or Tom Cruise.

MY loving GOD would not prevent these things from happening, but that's not to say that that's why people believe in him. There are many different reasons. Security, insanity, or just plain faith. Either way, as long as you're not condemning people openly or hurting others because of your beliefs then hey, go right ahead.

But still. Why do you care whether I love GOD or not? If I don't, then that means more leg room in HEAVEN.

"It doesn't work that way..."

How do you know?

You don't.

I don't.

The POPE doesn't even know. The POPE is just a regular guy like the rest of us! You'd think there would be a purpose to those awesome robes. I thought they gave the POPE extra otherworldy knowlegde, but looking back I realize that was a foolish assumption.

So I go to HELL. HELL won't be so bad right? HELL is just whatever I make it out to be. When I get to HELL I could be like Brair Rabbit and lie about what I hate. That would make HELL much more tolerable.

"But GOD is omnipitent..."

Then he knows all about Brair Rabbit. Damnit.

If you want to test your love for GOD, read this(AND I MEAN READ IT).

GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD.GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GOD. GODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGOD GODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGOD GODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGOD GODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGOD.

GOD.

It's just a sound now.

The secret to eternal happines: It's not all about you.

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
girlanachronism wrote: It's

girlanachronism wrote:

It's just a sound now.

i'm not even totally certain of what you're getting at, but i love that phenomenon. say any word in repitition, and the mind somehow comes to dissasociate it with its meaning, and realize it for what it is......a sound that has been attributed to something. it's a great trick....it works for actions too.
a dog or squirrel doing something 'human' looks funny. is this because they look funny doing 'human' things, or is it because humans just look funny, but we're accustomed to it?
(note: it's the latter. human actions are ridiculous)

Fear is the mindkiller.

Nimitz68
Nimitz68's picture
User is offlineOffline
Forty years ago Lenny Bruce

Forty years ago Lenny Bruce outraged audiences by using the N word; his argument was that if you use a word often enough, it loses its power. You can hear his words echoed in Richard Pryor's, George Carlin's and many other acts years later.

Ever "hang-ten" on the bow of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier at 30+ knots?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
The last time I got a

The last time I got a religious chain mail thing I broke it down and showed how much bullshit it was. Although it was easier with it being a story that had something to do with an invisible letter...

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Agggh! I get those all of

Agggh! I get those all of the time.
I have 5 theistic friends on my myspace.

Here is one of those type bulletins:

young female christian wrote:

Why do we sleep in church but...when the cerimony is over we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so hard to talk about God but so easy to talk about sex?
Why are we so bored when we look at a Christian magazine....but find it easy to read Playboy?....
Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly myspace message...yet we repost the nasty ones?
Why are churches getting smaller...but bars and clubs are growing??....

Think about it...are you going to repost this or ignore it because you think you'll get laughed at? Just remember God is always watching you.

Repost this as ". "Don't read if you're under 13. This may make you sick

80 % of u wont repost this.

The Lord said, "Deny me now, and i will deny you in front of my father."

Here's my response:

For some of us, the answer to those questions is that god does not exist. Never has. Never will. No matter how much people pray for it to be so.

Let me ask a few:
Why does your god need us to go to church?
Why do people need to spread their god's message? Isn't it enough that you believe without begging other people to do so?
Would the god or jesus that you believe in want people to lie in the subject line of their myspace bulletins in order to get people to read them?

I think the more important question here is: How do you feel when you repost the religious bulletins? It really doessn't matter if anyone makes fun of you for posting a bulletin. Simply by replying to it, I'm not making fun of you. If you feel that the message is important then just post it as you see fit.Of course we all have the option to read or not read any bulletins It just seems that sometimes people are being dishonest with themselves more so than they are with others.

I cannot deny that which does not exist. However, I have firmly rejected the idea of a 'holy spirit' or a messiah So I guess that counts as denial.

I'd rather be next to people in hell that I like for themselves rather than sipping angel juice with people that only pretend to care anyway.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.