God = "I don't know"

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
God = "I don't know"

The only argument that goes towards proviong God is that we don't know the answer.

"it's too complicated therefore there must be a God"

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Umm, what? Are you being

Umm, what? Are you being sarcastic?  Is this a joke?  It must be, because this logic is... lacking.

Care to clarify? 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Cernunnos
Cernunnos's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would rather you

I would rather you said

"The only argument that goes any way into giving a universal basis for God is that there are things we do not have a sound understanding of"

...and even following such lines seems a fool's errand

I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's pretty much the "God

That's pretty much the "God of the Gaps" theory.  "We don't know how X happened, therefore God made X happen."

Also, why not introduce yourself? This is your first post, so please tell us a little about yourself on your next post.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Velocity Eleven and

Hi Velocity Eleven and welcome to the forums.

When you get a chance, we'd love it if you'd hop over to General Conversation, Introductions and Humor and introduce yourself.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Umm,

pariahjane wrote:

Umm, what? Are you being sarcastic?  Is this a joke?  It must be, because this logic is... lacking.

Care to clarify? 

LOL.  I am glad I am not the only one who pulled a "WTF" on this one.  I am going to start all sorts of threads with tautologies.

"God is like a transcendent font of everything, if you believe that sort of thing."

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Umm,

pariahjane wrote:

Care to clarify? 

I second that.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."--Stephen F. Roberts

ackbar
ackbar's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think he is just trying a

I think he is just trying a different twist on the "god of the gaps", that basically god is ignorance.

anything WE dont know the answer to , is god.

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
Velocity Eleven wrote: The

Velocity Eleven wrote:

The only argument that goes towards proviong God is that we don't know the answer.

"it's too complicated therefore there must be a God"

I wonder what people were thinking when they saw sun rising to the sky. When they looked at the amazing diversity of life on earth, completely unable to understand where did all this come from.

"We don't know why this is so. There has to be a powerful designer god who created all this. He must be watching us even at this moment."

This propably happened millions of years ago, and from that moment religion was born. Whoever invented god or gods was a primitive man, and he didn't have a choice to be sceptical or neutral.

Note that I know religion wasn't invented by just one guy, but I was speaking hypothetically.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
yeah, baisically the god of

yeah, baisically the god of the gaps

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
yeah, baisically the god of

I'll intoroduce myself on that page

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
With some people, God also

With some people, God also equals "I don't want to know".