Question To Theists

Jeff
User is offlineOffline
Question To Theists

If life never existed, and never would or could exist, do you believe God would be here in the universe?
And if you say yes, why would he exist if we, or any other forms of life never did, would, or could exist?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
My God wouldn't be here, no.

My God wouldn't be here, no. Can't really speak about other gods though. There are too many to give a conclusive, singular answer.

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Question is would God have

Question is would God have still created the universe if he never met for people to live here? God existed prior to anything existing in this universe including the universe itself, so making a universe which couldn't contain life wouldn't make God cease to exist.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting question,

Interesting question, Jeff.

Welcome!  When you get a minute, we'd love it if you'd hop over to General Conversation, Introductions and Humor and introduce yourself. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jeff wrote: If life never

Jeff wrote:
If life never existed, and never would or could exist, do you believe God would be here in the universe?

Yes

Quote:

And if you say yes, why would he exist if we, or any other forms of life never did, would, or could exist?

Read my essays. 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeff wrote: If life never

Jeff wrote:

Define life.  Is life as we understand it necessary for sentience? Could this god make a self aware computer?