God is not only possible but plausible

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
God is not only possible but plausible

In this essay, I am testing an idea about God, that I may use in other forums uses, and am running it by everyone to work out the details and get feedback. This is mainly my ideas from other topics condensed into one.

 

Since Einstien's famous E=mc^2 equation, modern physics has been turned upside down. This principle has opened up new doors in the pyramid of knowledge, and shown that matter is nothing but an illusion. What we percieve of a proton or electron is no more at high energies. In fact, in dealing with high energy particle physics, electron volts (ev) are used to denote the mass of the particle. One ev is 1.6x10^-17 Joules. This shows that matter and energy are interchangable in relation to it's constant of inertia (a.k.a mass). As you know energy (light for example) travels in waves. Well, an electron does the same thing, this is shown in electron diffraction:

(image from wikipedia).

 

Basically due to the Heinsenburg uncertainty principle, electrons travel in waves of probability known as De-Broglie waves. Like light, these waves can interact in either constructive or destructive interference. It is this basis that also allows quantum tunneling. That is for an electron to spontaniously tunnell through a barrier. This is the nail in the coffin of classical physics being applied to high energy/quantum problems. These quantum effects cannot be explained using the classical 'the electron is just a charged particle sphere' theory. Instead, it shows that matter is merely an illusion, that what we percieve as an electron is not quite a charged sphere of a defined magnetic spin or angular momentum. It is so much more.

However, these particles still obey the laws of physics. However, recent theories in physics reveal a whole new perspective. The multiverse theory holds that there may be an infinite number of other universes. Each with it's own laws of physics, each with it's own potiental. The multiverse is the ultimate poster child for infinite potiental. What is not possible in one universe is possible in another. Things that don't happen in our universe, happens in another. There is potiental for different forms of life, for higher technology that this universe could only dream of.

 

Speaking of life, the theory of evolution is taking dominance in the field of biology. Every crediable biologist is singing there praise for it and rushing to find out more, to make more discoveries. There is an incrediable amount of life on this planet. Countless number of species and sub-species, all are evolving into better life forms better suited for their enviroment. They are evolving to get the most out of their enviroment.

 

(image from wikipedia)

 

 

This is a bit odd isn't it? Particle physics, multiverse theory and evolution in an essay about God? Many people think that these principles condratict God, that no God is required to make these come to life. Why would God use evolution to put us here? Why the Bigbang? Why have an infinite number of universes, some may not even have life?

 

The simple answer is because God experiences the universe as much as you do. That there is an infinite consciousness expanding to all the universes, and that our brains are merely a filter. Much like a slide that is inserted into a projector, the brain limits the infinite consciousness into finite experience. Our brains may have infinite potiental, people have read books once and memorized them. The world record for the most digits of pi memorized is over 22,000!

 

The matter in the universe is merely an illusion, used to bring us experiences. That evolution is taking it's course to insure that we get the most out of our enviroment and to bring different experiences to this infinite consciousness.

But how can potiental be turned into experience? Imagine a projector. Turn it on and a white light will be on the screen. However, this white light alone is useless. Only potiental. Anybody who flashed white light through a prism knows that white light is many colours. This is the concept of 'creation from subtraction'. Now insert a slide, of say a red car. Now the white light turns the infinite potiental into the finitely real. The red car appears on the screen because it filters out the colours that are not red. It creates the red by subtracting the non-red.

 

So why would God, want to create us? If he is indeed infinite what's the point? Why create things?

 

As Dr. Haisch puts it in the book 'The God Theory'


'Imagine having a billion dollars in you bank account. Would this give you pleasure or satisfaction if you could never spend a penny of it?........He(God) gets to act out and live out his ideas, his fantasies. He gets to spend his billion dollars.'

The God Theory pages 15-16

 


Tilberian
Moderator
Tilberian's picture
Posts: 1118
Joined: 2006-11-27
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: All I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

All I can say is that is something doesn't work in one universe, it may work in another. God is blind to the future. He can't run 'simulations' in other parts of the universe, because he is limited by the laws of the universe.

This isn't even an answer, you're just repeating your assertion. If a computer can model future states of complex systems, so can God. It isn't the same as knowing the future, of course, but a simulation that is accurate down to the subatomic level would have a very low margin of error. 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown


evil religion
evil religion's picture
Posts: 232
Joined: 2006-10-20
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote  as

Cpt_pineapple wrote

 as requested I have read your essay.

The physics you outline is roughly correct. Except for the bit about multiverse which is highly speculative. But in any caseI fail to see how you move to your conclusion about God. Matter is one way in which human being compartmentalise the universe. We collapse wavefunctions into "bits" of matter its a subjective way of looking at things I agree but so what? Why does this imply God? I really do not see how you have constructed your argument. It seems to be

P1 - Matter is a subjective concept

Conclusion - God exists

Where is the argument?

Where are you other premises?

There is not argument you have just stated some crudely worded facts about quantum theory and then dropped God into the converstion. Perhaps you would care to explain your reasoning in more detail. Don't spare the physics I understand quantum theory better than most.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
evil religion

evil religion wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote

as requested I have read your essay.

The physics you outline is roughly correct. Except for the bit about multiverse which is highly speculative. But in any caseI fail to see how you move to your conclusion about God. Matter is one way in which human being compartmentalise the universe. We collapse wavefunctions into "bits" of matter its a subjective way of looking at things I agree but so what? Why does this imply God? I really do not see how you have constructed your argument. It seems to be


 

Personally, I like the multiverse theory. For more read 'Parallel Worlds' by Michio Kaku.

 

Quote:

P1 - Matter is a subjective concept

Conclusion - God exists

Where is the argument?

Where are you other premises?

There is not argument you have just stated some crudely worded facts about quantum theory and then dropped God into the converstion. Perhaps you would care to explain your reasoning in more detail. Don't spare the physics I understand quantum theory better than most.

 

I take the 'Digital universe' approach. That is the universe is processing itself. 

For example, say I have a device which emits two electrons. Now, the device is set up such that the electrons will have opposite spins. So, I release them, and trap electron 1 and 2 flys off. I now measure the spin of 1. I now know instantly the spin of 2. I know this because the electrons are emitting data, and hence collapsing there own wave functions. Electron 2 will have the opposite spin of 1, unless it recieves some external interferance, but if it did there will be evidence of this. So I do not have to directly measure the spin of the electron, I can read the data it is emitting to determine the spin even if the electron isn't anywhere near me. 

 

 

My infinite consciousness essay explains this in more detail, of what I mean by 'God' 

 

 

 


evil religion
evil religion's picture
Posts: 232
Joined: 2006-10-20
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:evil

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
evil religion wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote

as requested I have read your essay.

The physics you outline is roughly correct. Except for the bit about multiverse which is highly speculative. But in any caseI fail to see how you move to your conclusion about God. Matter is one way in which human being compartmentalise the universe. We collapse wavefunctions into "bits" of matter its a subjective way of looking at things I agree but so what? Why does this imply God? I really do not see how you have constructed your argument. It seems to be


Personally, I like the multiverse theory. For more read 'Parallel Worlds' by Michio Kaku.

Quote:

P1 - Matter is a subjective concept

Conclusion - God exists

Where is the argument?

Where are you other premises?

There is not argument you have just stated some crudely worded facts about quantum theory and then dropped God into the converstion. Perhaps you would care to explain your reasoning in more detail. Don't spare the physics I understand quantum theory better than most.

I take the 'Digital universe' approach. That is the universe is processing itself. 

For example, say I have a device which emits two electrons. Now, the device is set up such that the electrons will have opposite spins. So, I release them, and trap electron 1 and 2 flys off. I now measure the spin of 1. I now know instantly the spin of 2.

Yes. But odly enough it will also depend how you measure 1. Google up EPR for a more detail explanation of this. Its very stange. 

 

Quote:
I know this because the electrons are emitting data, and hence collapsing there own wave functions.

No. They are not emiting data. No information is tarnsfered during action at a distance. Look it gets a bit technical and I'm not sure how well you understand quantum physics but you nead to read up on this if you are going to use them in your essays. No data is transmited. 

 

Quote:
Electron 2 will have the opposite spin of 1, unless it recieves some external interferance, but if it did there will be evidence of this.

Not necessarily

Quote:
So I do not have to directly measure the spin of the electron, I can read the data it is emitting

No data is emitted.

Quote:
to determine the spin even if the electron isn't anywhere near me. 

You collapse the wave function the momment you measure one of linked pairs. Thats all there is to it. No data or information is trasmited in this act.

Again I really do not see how this relates to God. You seem to be saying some things you have picked up about quantum theory. Its all very fascinating, trust me I know better than most I studied it for 3 years at university and wrote my final year disitation on the "Philsophical imlications of Quantum Physics" but I just don;t see why this is relevant in thsi discusion.

Quote:
My infinite consciousness essay explains this in more detail, of what I mean by 'God' 

Errr ok lets give that one a bash then.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
evil religion

evil religion wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote

as requested I have read your essay.

The physics you outline is roughly correct. Except for the bit about multiverse which is highly speculative. But in any caseI fail to see how you move to your conclusion about God. Matter is one way in which human being compartmentalise the universe. We collapse wavefunctions into "bits" of matter its a subjective way of looking at things I agree but so what? Why does this imply God? I really do not see how you have constructed your argument. It seems to be


Personally, I like the multiverse theory. For more read 'Parallel Worlds' by Michio Kaku.

Quote:

P1 - Matter is a subjective concept

Conclusion - God exists

Where is the argument?

Where are you other premises?

There is not argument you have just stated some crudely worded facts about quantum theory and then dropped God into the converstion. Perhaps you would care to explain your reasoning in more detail. Don't spare the physics I understand quantum theory better than most.

I take the 'Digital universe' approach. That is the universe is processing itself.

Quote:
Quote:

For example, say I have a device which emits two electrons. Now, the device is set up such that the electrons will have opposite spins. So, I release them, and trap electron 1 and 2 flys off. I now measure the spin of 1. I now know instantly the spin of 2.

Yes. But odly enough it will also depend how you measure 1. Google up EPR for a more detail explanation of this. Its very stange.

 

I know the EPR paradox.

Quote:
I know this because the electrons are emitting data, and hence collapsing there own wave functions.

No. They are not emiting data. No information is tarnsfered during action at a distance. Look it gets a bit technical and I'm not sure how well you understand quantum physics but you nead to read up on this if you are going to use them in your essays. No data is transmited.

 

 

Of course they are transmitting data. We cannot physically see the electron, how else can we know it's spin? The spin affects other factors that we can measure such as energy levels etc...

Quote:

Quote:
Electron 2 will have the opposite spin of 1, unless it recieves some external interferance, but if it did there will be evidence of this.

Not necessarily

 

Conservation laws perhaps?

Quote:

Quote:
So I do not have to directly measure the spin of the electron, I can read the data it is emitting

No data is emitted.

 

Yes, it is. The electron interacts with the enviroment, which can give us information about it's properties.

 

Quote:

Quote:
to determine the spin even if the electron isn't anywhere near me.

You collapse the wave function the momment you measure one of linked pairs. Thats all there is to it. No data or information is trasmited in this act.

You measure the data it emits. I don't see how you have a hard time understanding this since you studied physics.

 

Quote:

Again I really do not see how this relates to God. You seem to be saying some things you have picked up about quantum theory. Its all very fascinating, trust me I know better than most I studied it for 3 years at university and wrote my final year disitation on the "Philsophical imlications of Quantum Physics" but I just don;t see why this is relevant in thsi discusion.

 

I also studied physics at the university level.

 

Quote:

Quote:
My infinite consciousness essay explains this in more detail, of what I mean by 'God'

Errr ok lets give that one a bash then.

 

I'll be waiting. It explains in more detail what I mean.

{quote tags clarity}


evil religion
evil religion's picture
Posts: 232
Joined: 2006-10-20
User is offlineOffline
Ok we may be at cross wires

Ok we may be at cross wires on the quntum information thing.

I thought you where implying that when we measure one electon then information or data is transmited to the other electon. If you where saying this then I maintain that you are wrong. You should read up more on this to see why as here is probably not the best place to discuss it especially as I really can't see the relevance of this phenomona to God Theory.

If you are merely saying that we gain information about the whole system when we measure one electron then I have no problem with this. We do quite clearly collapse the wave function of the entangled pair and gain infromation about both particles.