Is This Right?

WASannannienann
User is offlineOffline
Is This Right?

If we take The Bible to be true, all non-believers will go to hell.

I cannot believe in God, ghosts, paranormal, ect. My mind simply will not let me no matter how hard I try and I have tried. So God gave me a mind that does not have the capacity to believe in him and because I cannot believe in him I will go to hell. So I wil go to hell becuase of a choice God made.

Is this right and where is the free will in that?

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suppose if you are talking

I suppose if you are talking about Christian style judgement then, yes, you are going to hell. But then so am I. If I get there first I'll save you a seat.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
If they can assert that hell

If they can assert that hell exists with no evidence, I can assert that hell is actually a fabulous place.  It's a mirror image of our own world, only desserts are sweeter, the national athems are all heavy metal songs and all the fundies are missing.  (presumably floating on clouds listening to their god remind them how awesome he is as he shoots his glory all over their faces.)

ParanoidAgnostic
ParanoidAgnostic's picture
User is offlineOffline
It looks like all the

It looks like all the interesting people are coming to hell with me. With all of the thinkers an do-ers (as opposed to the pray-ers) we should be able to make the place quite livable. Some air-con maybe a new paint job... BBQs will be easy. Also hell will probably get all the best musicians. We'll just have to take turns guarding the front gate to keep the neigbours out when they get sick of christian rock.

I hope that god accepts all of the christian sects. It would suck if the catholics or baptists were there to ruin the party. Oh gee then there's the muslims. Um okay we need to arrange something like a kiddies table for any theists who picked the wrong god.

I'll bring the beer  

Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

ParanoidAgnostic
ParanoidAgnostic's picture
User is offlineOffline
oops, sorry wavefreak. On

oops, sorry wavefreak. On this site I keep forgetting that it's possible to believe in god without handing your brain over to one of the religions.

You can sit at the big-people table.

Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
ParanoidAgnostic

ParanoidAgnostic wrote:

oops, sorry wavefreak. On this site I keep forgetting that it's possible to believe in god without handing your brain over to one of the religions.

You can sit at the big-people table.

LOL. They wouldn't have my brain if I served it to 'em on a platter.