5 REASONS that GOD EXISTS

mmonte4
User is offlineOffline
5 REASONS that GOD EXISTS

sent to me by my theist friend. im looking forward to responses from my fellow board members.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNocC85MU6w

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just posted a text response.

Just posted a text response. Same shit as usual. "Reason" #4 was particularly weak.

mmonte4
User is offlineOffline
Reasons: 1. god accounts for

Reasons:1. god accounts for the universe's physical beginning2. god accounts for the order, coplexity, and design in the universe3. god accounts for the reality of objective ethical values4. god accounts for the enigma of man5. god uniquely accounts for the claims, character, and credentials of Jesus Christ.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
mmonte4 wrote: Reasons: 1.

mmonte4 wrote:
Reasons:1. god accounts for the universe's physical beginning2. god accounts for the order, coplexity, and design in the universe3. god accounts for the reality of objective ethical values4. god accounts for the enigma of man5. god uniquely accounts for the claims, character, and credentials of Jesus Christ.

Simply replace god with other gods, and poof, no christian god.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: mmonte4

Ophios wrote:
mmonte4 wrote:

Uness of course they are all the same god and the books of the other religions are simply stating false claims about one god.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
simple theist

simple theist wrote:
Ophios wrote:
mmonte4 wrote:

Uness of course they are all the same god and the books of the other religions are simply stating false claims about one god.

Or the other religious texts, lets say hindu is correct and the bible is quoting one of the many gods of the hindu religion, or a demon of one of the other religions etc etc etc etc.....that arguement can go any way you wish, it's a useless arguement.

As for the video, it doesn't provide any real evidence that god exists. everything in the universe was in the singularity, in different forms of course, energy etc etc etc (we won't really know yet, what was or how things where in the  singularity, however there are hypothesis of it) It also creates a question, who created god, if the universe needs a creator, then who created the creator. Answering god always existed isn't an answer, energy always existed (as per scientific findings) and quantum mechanics is showing that a god isn't necessary to start things. So far the video shows more lack of understanding of science than anything else. 

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm waiting for a new

I'm waiting for a new Aquinas to come along. Now that would be interesting. These arguments are as fresh as a brick of tofu that's been sitting behind a radiator for two weeks.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eight Foot Manchild

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:
I'm waiting for a new Aquinas to come along. Now that would be interesting. These arguments are as fresh as a brick of tofu that's been sitting behind a radiator for two weeks.

Those aren't "reasons"; they're assertions with zero proof. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How can those 5

How can those 5 statements be proof when it uses what its trying to prove true in it's proofs.

That's like me trying to proove to you all that i have an bmw in my  room by saying that my bmw told me it was in my room so therefor it must be in my room. 

By the way if you really think i have a bmw in my room based on the "proof" i just gave you then don't even bother responding to my reply 

Warning the following post may be offensive to certain people. Theist are not advised to read unless they are prepared to debate!
Side effects include possible deconversion, rational thought, and the lack of fear in the easter bunny.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll stick with my God (who

I'll stick with my God (who ironically doesn't fit into ANY of your five reasons), but thanks anyways.

AtheistAviB
AtheistAviB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I stopped after supposed

I stopped after supposed "proof" number one.
The universe did not "coming from nothing".
What a crappy way to start off a supposed set of proofs. Sad.

mmonte4
User is offlineOffline
wow, no well thought out

wow, no well thought out answers adressing the specific claims.  im a little disappointed

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
mmonte4 wrote:

mmonte4 wrote:
wow, no well thought out answers adressing the specific claims. im a little disappointed

I thought mine was pretty nifty.

One of the rules in geometry is when your trying to prove a theory then you cant use the theory your trying to prove in your proof.

EDIT:

Oh ha ha man i feel very slow.

Are you stating reasons why he exist or evidence that he exist.

If you are stating reasons then if you honestly think he exist to do all those things then thats great for you and i dont feel like arguing about it right now(Im already arguing with someone else right now over something that isn't even worth the time of day.

By the way i didn't fully read the 5 reasons, i just skimmed over them. 

Warning the following post may be offensive to certain people. Theist are not advised to read unless they are prepared to debate!
Side effects include possible deconversion, rational thought, and the lack of fear in the easter bunny.

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: I'll

LosingStreak06 wrote:
I'll stick with my God (who ironically doesn't fit into ANY of your five reasons), but thanks anyways.

What? Who do you believe in? Yahweh? I kinda wonder how can people still believe in gods, although their gods are meant to be absolute. Like why do people twist and turn gods to fit their own world view, because if gods exist, they should be absolute. Not relatively different to each person.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Larty

Larty wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

What? Who do you believe in? Yahweh? I kinda wonder how can people still believe in gods, although their gods are meant to be absolute. Like why do people twist and turn gods to fit their own world view, because if gods exist, they should be absolute. Not relatively different to each person.

Larty, a little bit of me came back to life after reading that post.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Rev_Devilin
Rev_Devilin's picture
User is offlineOffline
mmonte4 wrote:

Reasons wrote:
Reasons:1. god accounts for the universe's physical beginning
  The big bang accounts for the universe's physical beginning. before this it is unknown at the present time. so all hypothesis however crazy could be considered valid. until the truth is determined by science. ie you could postulate that the universe was squeezed out off Paris Hilton's sphincter. and this would be no more or less valid than any other hypothesis when dealing with such an unknown. at the present time 
Reasons wrote:
2. god accounts for the order, coplexity, and design in the universe
  Universe is incredibly simple complexity arises from evolution. like the Sun. (the Sun thee original God which all Judaic Islamic Christian religions are based upon if you research the origins of these religions) the Sun is comprised of hydrogen and helium gravity forces these particles to fuse ie fusion the resulting fusion converts matter into its original energy form ie E=MC Square the sun turned out to be a very large fusion reactor not a deity as once believed

Reasons wrote:
3. god accounts for the reality of objective ethical values

Evolution accounts for the reality of objective ethical values

Do something beneficial and you're brain rewards you, with some nice chemicals which makes you feel good. eat reproduce and get rewarded. ( or you can bypass the doing something beneficial and just buy some drugs instead. ecstasy is available from all bad street corners in the red light district ) getting chemically rewarded for eating procreation ect ect. will inspire you to seek these things out to get more chemical rewards.not getting chemically rewarded for doing things would make you less inspired to do them. Natural selection has rewarded the individuals that have evolved the chemical reward system. Those that didn't evolve the system ain't around to tell us about it

Close physical contact with another animal from the same species releases chemicals which makes you feel good docile, If it didn't and you're a social animal relying upon group protection.natural selection would kill you off
If an animal from the same species took a bite out of you. this would release chemicals which would make you feel bad pain. If it didn't you just get eaten natural selection has killed you off
This also works with animals from other species. pet a cat and you feel good. cat bites you yada yada. Of course this works vice versa as well the cat wouldn't be too happy if you took a bite out of it. but it's extremely happy if you tickle it behind its ears

So you have two chemicals in yar head ( there are more but let's keep it simple for the mo ) docile/pain or good/bad

When in a social group
You can benefit from interactions within the social group. you pick fleas off your neighbor. your neighbor has less fleas and is a healthyer individual because of it and it has a greater chance of survival. If everybody in the group picks fleas off each other then the group as a whole benefits. Close physical contact releases chemicals which make you feel good. So you feel good and the group benefits and vice versa

Thus morality or you pick fleas off my back. and I'll pick fleas of yours

And it is based on the understanding of mutually beneficial behavior in any social group of animals. good or bad are simple chemical reactions.

Morality is the natural course of the brains evolution in a social group

Reasons wrote:
4. god accounts for the enigma of man
  ? what enigma of man that the science of psychology hasn't aswered specifically

Reasons wrote:
5. god uniquely accounts for the claims, character, and credentials of Jesus Christ.

Chrishna of Hindostan, Budha Sakia of India, Salivahana of Bermuda, Zulis and Orus of Egypt, Odin of the Scandinavians, Crite of Chaldea, Baal and Taut of Phoenecia, Indra of Tibet, Bali of Afganistan, Jao of Nepal, Wittoba of the Bilingonese, Thammuz of Syria, Atys of Phrygia, Xamolxis of Thrace, Adad of Assyria, Deva Tat and Sammonocadam of Siam, Alcides of Thebes, Mikado of the Sintoos, Beddru of Japan, Hesus or Eros and Bremrillah of the Druids, Thor of the Gauls, Cadmus and Adonis of Greece, Hil and Feta of the Mandaites, Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico, Universal Monarch of the Sibyls, Ischy of the island of Formosa, Divine teacher of Plato, the Holy One of Xaca, Fohi and Tien of China, Ixion and Quirinus of Rome, Prometheus of Caucasus, Mohamud or Mahomet of Arabia. If you'd care to research any of the above you'll find that the biblical "uniquely accounts" were in fact based upon earlier religious philosophies and they'll all "including" Judaic Christian Islamic religions can all be traced back to sun worshipers. Can I have a "Amen" for this reply. Or more accurately a "Amen Ra" Amen Rar said at the end of religious services for the sun God Ra ( Egyptian God ) type Amen ra into google and start doing your own research

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Same old theistic bullshit.

Same old theistic bullshit.

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
I stoped after it first said

I stoped after it first said "The Atheist, and the Christian!" trying to assert that Christians are right, if god exists, and no way could there be another world view on god. If it was "The Atheist, and the Theist." I would of watched it.

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline