monotheism my ass

Xero
User is offlineOffline
monotheism my ass

So while thinking about religion today, I had this thought about jesus...and all the sudden it hit me. Jesus is a demi-god.

The bible explains this as some kind of holy-trinity, father son and holy spirit or some weird shit like that, wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

that's a load of shit. Jesus was born from god and mary according to the book, right? So he's half-god, half-human, and thus a demi-god.

This is not monotheism...apparently I'm not the only person whose thought of this, after searching around the net (and wikipedia) turns out...hey maybe there's something to this...so I thought about it some more...

in the old testament/torah/jewbible god is pretty much made out to be a single entity, one like no other, but christianity redefines this with the trinity concept...so, christianity is violating the first commandment. They no longer believe in the one true god, but the one true god, and a demi-god along side him, oh yeah and some magical ghost spirit thing. So is this not polytheism? Of course if you believe in that trinity crap then of course it's not...but that just doesn't seem right, I mean if you're gonna believe what the book says is true, and it says two different things....well?

just more and more christianity seems like one of these crappy hollywood sequels that keep coming out and don't totally stick with the original plot....

I mean the whole idea of a god in general is such a joke, but the vast contradiction that believing in jesus as well as god, or jesus as a god, this is just ridiculous polytheistic bullshit which contradicts the one true god in the commandments...sorry pick a god any god but no one said you could pick 2! or 3 for that matter....screw you holy spirit!

so thats my bible contradiction of the day.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
monotheism my ass

The whole concept of the Trinity is utterly absurd. Robert Ingersoll said nothing could be more idiotic.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Nick
User is offlineOffline
monotheism my ass

And whatever Robert G. Ingersoll says, goes!
Cool

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Re: monotheism my ass

Welcome Xero!

Xero wrote:
that's a load of shit. Jesus was born from god and mary according to the book, right? So he's half-god, half-human, and thus a demi-god.

This is not monotheism...apparently I'm not the only person whose thought of this, after searching around the net (and wikipedia) turns out...hey maybe there's something to this...so I thought about it some more...

heh - how satisfying to realise something and discover its valid. Good call.

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
monotheism my ass

and the catholics take it a step further and worship "mary the mother of 'god'" in addition. i guess when god rapes you, some of his cred rubs off on you too.

Fear is the mindkiller.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
monotheism my ass

The idea of her being the mother of God who is supposedly eternal completely contradicts reason and common sense.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team