Injustice in the Bible

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Injustice in the Bible

The book, called the Bible, is filled with passages equally horrible, unjust and atrocious. This is the book to be read in schools in order to make our children loving, kind and gentle! This is the book they wish to be recognized in our Constitution as the source of all authority and justice! -- Robert Green Ingersoll, The Gods, (1872)

1. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. -- 3:16

2. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father.... And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. -- 9:22-25

3. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and ... offer him there for a burnt offering. -- 22:2

4. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. -- 22:10

5. And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. -- 38:7

6. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also. -- 38:8-10

Exodus

7. If thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.-- 4:23

8. And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him.-- 10:1

9. But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.-- 10:20

10. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast.-- 12:12

11. At midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.-- 12:29

12. The LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast.-- 13:15

13. I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.-- 20:5

14. If thou buy an Hebrew servant ....-- 21:2

15. If a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant ....-- 21:7

16. He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.-- 21:15

17. If a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and ... if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.-- 21:20-21

18. If he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.-- 22:3

19. Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.-- 22:18

20. He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.--Ex22.20:

21. And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.-- 22:24

22. Ye shall keep the sabbath ... every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death.-- 31:14

23. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side ... and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.-- 32:27

24. And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.-- 32:35

Leviticus

25. And Nadab and Abihu ... offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.-- 10:1-2

26. For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death.-- 20:9

27. And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death.-- 20:12

28. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.-- 20:13

29. If a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they.-- 20:14

30. If a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.-- 20:15

31. If a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.-- 20:16

32. A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.-- 20:27

33. And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.-- 21:9

34. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous.-- 21:18

35. Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed,or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a blemish ... shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD.-- 21:20-21

36. What man soever of the seed of Aaron is a leper, or hath a running issue; he shall not eat of the holy things, until he be clean. And whoso toucheth any thing that is unclean by the dead, or a man whose seed goeth from him.-- 22:4-5

37. If the priest buy any soul with his money ....-- 22:11

38. Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.-- 24:14

39. He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him.-- 24:16

40. And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had cursed out of the camp, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.-- 24:23

41. If thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee.-- 25:39

42. Of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families ... and they shall be your possession.-- 25:45

43. I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.-- 26:16

44. I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children.-- 26:22

45. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.-- 26:29

Numbers

46. And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them .-- 11:1

47. And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague.-- 11:33

48. And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.-- 15:32-36

49. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.-- 16:35

50. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.-- 21:6

51. Behold, the people shall rise up as a great lion, and lift up himself as a young lion: he shall not lie down until he eat of the prey, and drink the blood of the slain.-- 23:24

52. And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.-- 25:4

53. And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.-- 31:15-19

Deuteronomy

54. The LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand.-- 2:30

55. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain.-- 2:34

56. And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.-- 3:6

57. I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.-- 5:9

58. And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them.-- 7:2

59. And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them.-- 7:16

60. Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.-- 13:15

61. And the man that ... will not hearken unto the priest ... that man shall die.-- 17:12

62. And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women ... shalt thou take unto thyself.-- 20:13-14

63. But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth.-- 20:16-17

64. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die.-- 22:20-21

65. If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die.-- 22:22

66. If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city.-- 22:23-24

67. When two men strive together on with another, and the wife of the one ... putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.-- 25:11-12

68. Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body.-- 28:18

69. The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land.-- 28:21

70. The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.-- 28:22

71. Thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.-- 28:26

72. The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.-- 28:27

73. The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart.-- 28:28

74. Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her.-- 28:30

75. Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee.-- 28:31

76. Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long.-- 28:32

77. The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.-- 28:35

78. Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.-- 28:41

79. And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.-- 28:53

80. So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat.-- 28:55

81. The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, and toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them.-- 28:56-57

82. Ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.-- 28:68

83. For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.-- 32:22

84. I will heap mischiefs upon them. I will spend mine arrows upon them.-- 32:23

85. They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.-- 32:24

86. The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.-- 32:25

87. If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh.-- 32:41-42

Joshua

88. And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.-- 6:21

89. He that is taken with the accursed thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath.-- 7:15

90. The LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.-- 7:25

91. So smote all the country ... he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.-- 10:40

92. He is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.-- 24:19

1 Samuel

93. And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.-- 6:19

94. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, ... Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.-- 15:2-3

2 Samuel

95. And David said on that day, Whosoever getteth up to the gutter, and smiteth the Jebusites, and the lame and the blind that are hated of David's soul, he shall be chief and captain.-- 5:8

96. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.-- 12:11

97. Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.... And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died.-- 12:14-15

98. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick ... And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died.--12:15-18

99. And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick-kiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon.-- 12:31

100. Go in unto thy father's concubines, which he hath left to keep the house .... So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel.-- 16:21-22

1 Kings

101. Behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall.-- 14:10

102. He smote all the house of Jeroboam; he left not to Jeroboam any that breathed, until he had destroyed him, according unto the saying of the LORD.-- 15:29

103. He slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall ... according to the word of the LORD.-- 16:11-12

104. Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.-- 21:19

105. Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall-- 21:21

106. Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house.-- 21:29

107. Behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.-- 22:23

2 Kings

108. If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.-- 1:12

109. As he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.-- 2:23-24

110. The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever.-- 5:27

111. Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.-- 6:18

112. For the whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall-- 9:8

113. And when he came to Samaria, he slew all that remained unto Ahab in Samaria, till he had destroyed him, according to the saying of the LORD-- 10:17

114. And the LORD smote the king, so that he was a leper unto the day of his death.-- 15:5

115. Therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.-- 15:16

116. The angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.-- 19:35

117. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.-- 21:12

1 Chronicles

118. Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God.-- 13:9-10

119. And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of the children of Ammon.-- 20:3

120. So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.-- 21:14

2 Chronicles

121. Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.-- 15:13

122. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.-- 18:22

123. Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.-- 19:2

124. Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out.-- 21:14

125. And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.-- 21:18

126. Behold, he was leprous in his forehead ... because the LORD had smitten him.-- 26:20

127. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the curses that are written in the book.-- 34:24

128. The wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy. He ... had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.-- 36:16-17

Esther

129. Then said Esther, If it please the king ... let Haman's ten sons be hanged upon the gallows. And the king commanded it so to be done ... and they hanged Haman's ten sons--9:13

Job

130. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power.--1:12

Psalms

131. He teacheth my hands to war.-- 18:34

132. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.-- 58:10

133. That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same.-- 68:23

134. Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.-- 69:23

135. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.-- 109:10

136. To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever.-- 136:10

137. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.-- 137:9

Proverbs

138. I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh.--1:26

139. The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.--30:17

Isaiah

140. Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.-- 9:19

141. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm.-- 9:20

142. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.-- 13:16

143. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.-- 13:18

144. Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers.-- 14:21

145. The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.-- 19:14

146. He hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.-- 34:2-3

147. Then the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.-- 37:36

148. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.-- 45:7

149. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine.-- 49:26

150. Every noble human act, every act of love, courage, and kindess is "an unclean thing", "a filthy rag" to God.--64:6

151. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.-- 66:24

Jeremiah

152. Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.-- 11:11

153. Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine.-- 11:22

154. The sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.-- 12:12

155. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land ... with drunkenness. And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.-- 13:13-14

156. When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation, I will not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence.-- 14:12

157. And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.-- 14:16

158. And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD: the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.-- 15:3

159. They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.-- 16:4

160. Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God? Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD.-- 16:10-11

161. Deliver up their children to the famine, and pour out their blood by the force of the sword; and let their wives be bereaved of their children, and be widows; and let their men be put to death; let their young men be slain by the sword in battle.-- 18:21

162. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, the which whosoever heareth, his ears shall tingle.-- 19:3

163. I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.-- 19:7

164. And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.-- 19:9

165. O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived.-- 20:7

166. And I will smite the inhabitants of this city, both man and beast: they shall die of a great pestilence.-- 21:6

167. And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land.-- 24:10

168. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.-- 25:27

169. And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.-- 25:33

170. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like vile figs, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.-- 29:17

171. They shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence: and none of them shall remain or escape from the evil that I will bring upon them.-- 42:17

172. Know certainly that ye shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, in the place whither ye desire to go and to sojourn.-- 42:22

173. I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD.-- 45:5

174. For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood.-- 46:10

175. Cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.-- 48:10

176. Make ye him drunken: for he magnified himself against the LORD: Moab also shall wallow in his vomit.-- 48:26

177. With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid.-- 51:22

Lamentations

178. Behold, O LORD, and consider to whom thou hast done th Shall the women eat their fruit, and children?-- 2:20

179. The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied.-- 2:21

180. Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?.-- 3:38

181. The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat.-- 4:10

Ezekiel

182. When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered.-- 3:20

183. The fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers.-- 5:10

184. And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.-- 6:10

185. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.-- 8:18

186. Let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark.-- 9:5-6

187. And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him.-- 14:9

188. Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live.-- 20:25

189. Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.-- 21:3

190. And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.-- 23:25

191. Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.-- 23:34

192. And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters.-- 23:47

193. And her daughters which are in the field shall be slain by the sword; and they shall know that I am the LORD.-- 26:6

194. For I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets ... and they shall know that I am the LORD.-- 28:23

195. And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.-- 38:21

196. Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth.-- 39:18

197. Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.-- 39:19

Hosea

198. I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms.-- 2:4

199. Therefore your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery.-- 4:13

200. Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.-- 9:14

201. Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.-- 9:16

202. Their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.-- 13:16

Amos

203. Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?-- 3:6

204. I have sent among you the pestilence ... your young men have I slain with the sword, ... and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils.-- 4:10

205. And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.-- 9:4

Nahum

206. And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile.--3:6

Habakkuk

207. God came from Teman .... He had horns coming out of his hand .... Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet.--3:3-5

Zephaniah

208. I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea.-- 1:2-3

209. And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, ... and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.-- 1:17

210. All the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.-- 3:8

Zechariah

211. I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.--11:9

212. And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.--13:3

Matthew

213. If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee .... And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.-- 5:29-30

214. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.-- 10:35-36

215. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.-- 10:37

216. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.-- 13:12

217. Therefore speak I to them in parables ... lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.-- 13:13-15

218. God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.-- 15:4

219. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.-- 15:26

220. If thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee .... And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.-- 18:8-9

221. Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.-- 22:12-13

222. Ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.-- 23:31

223. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?-- 23:33

224. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.-- 25:29

Mark

225. All these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.-- 4:11-12

226. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.-- 4:25

227. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousandEye-wink and were choked in the sea.-- 5:13

228. For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death.-- 7:10

229. But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.-- 7:27

230. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.-- 9:43-44

231. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched..-- 9:45-46

232. He that believeth not shall be damned.-- 16:16

Luke

233. Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.-- 8:10

234. Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.-- 8:33

235. The blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation. From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias .... verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.-- 11:50-51

236. Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.-- 12:51

John

237. He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.-- 3:18

238. He that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.-- 3:36

239. All that ever came before me [Jesus] are thieves and robbers. -- 10:8,"

240. He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.-- 12:40

241. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.-- 15:6

Acts

242. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost.--5:5

243. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost.--5:9-10

Romans

244. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.--9:18

245. He that doubteth is damned.... For whatever is not of faith is sin.--14:23

2 Corinthians

246. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers .... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord.--6:14, 17

Ephesians

247. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.--6:5

Colossians

248. Servants, obey in all things your masters.--3:22

1 Thessalonians

249. The Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men.... The wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.--2:14-16

2 Thessalonians

250. The Lord Jesus ... In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction.-- 1:7-9

251. God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.-- 2:11-12

252. Withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.-- 3:6

253. If any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.-- 3:14

Titus

254. Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things.--2:9

255. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.--3:10-11

Hebrews

256. Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief.--3:12

257. Almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.--9:22

1 Peter

258. Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.--2:18

2 John

259. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed.--10

Revelation

260. I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.-- 2:9

261. I will kill her children with death.-- 2:23

262. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another.-- 6:4

263. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.-- 9:6

264. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you.-- 12:12

265. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever.-- 14:11

266. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.-- 20:15

267. The fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.-- 21:8

268. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.-- 22:18

269. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life.-- 22:19