Raised from the Dead

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raised from the Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIHPor_haA&mode=related&search=

Now I'm not sure if I think that this is real, but I just wanted to know what you guys think. 

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course it's real.

Of course it's real. Everything on YouTube is 100% accurate.

Religious people are so stupid.

People standing around administering CPR and they revive someone?  That's a fucking miracle?  Have them stand around this person, not doing a goddam thing but praying... then you might be getting somewhere. 

What's next?  Throw some meat on a grill, and "OMG!  It's a miracle!  The meat is cooked!"

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pile wrote: Of course it's

Pile wrote:

Of course it's real. Everything on YouTube is 100% accurate.

Religious people are so stupid.

People standing around administering CPR and they revive someone? That's a fucking miracle? Have them stand around this person, not doing a goddam thing but praying... then you might be getting somewhere.

What's next? Throw some meat on a grill, and "OMG! It's a miracle! The meat is cooked!"

A) I never said it was true, I was asking what everyone thought of it (i.e. I don't think this is real and I'd like to know if anyone knows why it's not real) 

B) You obviously didn't watch the whole video. If you had bothered to you'd have seen that they attempt to resuscitate him for a few minutes then take him into a private room where a man prays for him and he "resurrects". 

You've succeeded in making yourself look like an ass. 

ttdm.blogspot.com

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw the whole video. 

I saw the whole video.  The majority of it was people performing CPR. 

I don't know if you are aware of this, but CPR is NOT a religious ritual.

Yea, that may come as a shock to you, but it has proven to make a difference, and just because someone didn't isntantly become revived during CPR doesn't mean that it wasn't a factor.

Not to mention the video proves nothing.  I've seen street performers in the French Quarter do a better job of pretending to be dead.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
orchestrated

comes off as orchestrated to me

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster

cslewisster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIHPor_haA&mode=related&search=

Now I'm not sure if I think that this is real, but I just wanted to know what you guys think.

No, I do not think it is real.  There were several inaccuracies in the video including but not limited to the fact that the man on the floor and the man getting prayed over appear to be wearing different pants.

Simply the fact that there were so many people standing around doing nothing but video taping and taking pictures sends up a major red flag to me anyway. 

Also, those guys suck at cpr. 

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: comes off as

Tarpan wrote:
comes off as orchestrated to me

I don't know why you'd think the nice Nigerian people would do something like that.  I'm sure it's completely on the level.  In fact, I just got an e-mail the other day from a really friendly, honest Nigerian that wants me to help with his father's estate. 

Pile
atheist
Pile's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: No, I do not

jce wrote:

No, I do not think it is real. There were several inaccuracies in the video including but not limited to the fact that the man on the floor and the man getting prayed over appear to be wearing different pants.

Hell yea!  Two miracles in one!

The lord Jesus changed his pants too!

Praise Jeebus!  

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pile wrote: jce

Pile wrote:
jce wrote:

No, I do not think it is real. There were several inaccuracies in the video including but not limited to the fact that the man on the floor and the man getting prayed over appear to be wearing different pants.

Hell yea! Two miracles in one!

Praise Jeebus!

I started giggling when I noticed that!  I do wonder what miracle saved his ribs from the torture those guys put them through. 

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pile wrote: jce

Pile wrote:
jce wrote:

Hell yea! Two miracles in one!

Praise Jeebus!

Once again not saying I believe it's real, but I'm not going to let a moronic reply like that get by (because you're obviously being rather puerile about this whole thing).If in fact he really did die, they probably would have changed his pants because he would have shit himself. Obviously you knew that though. 

ttdm.blogspot.com