Atheists Have Dark Auras

Theol0gic
Theist
Theol0gic's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2007-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Atheists Have Dark Auras

I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

Banned for lying - was warned twice.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
It's hard to

It's hard to explain.

Obviously.


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

A theist who sees what they want to see. Whoever heard of that ? 

Some schools of education assert that mentally healthy adults no longer believe in superstitious nonsense.  Please show your evidence for "souls" and for "auras".

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
The idea of auras is

The idea of auras is believed to come from a form of the condition synaesthesia (I have a different form of it, so I've enjoyed researching it a little bit). Synaesthesia is a condition that links one idea or sense to something else, the something else usually being a visual experience either inside the minds eye or projected externally on the real world. For example when I listen to music I see colours and shapes in my minds eye, numbers are also associated with colours among other things. However some synaesthetes are known to associate personalities with visual experience and it is also common for synaesthetes to see visuals externally, such synaesthetes may actually believe they have the ability to see auras, other more rational ones may just know that they have synaesthesia and enjoy it.

Synaesthesia is caused by a physical link in the brain between parts that usually are not linked in "normal" humans. Not much is known about exactly how it works but it isn't known to be a harmful condition.


Technarch
Posts: 127
Joined: 2007-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Frustrated outward

Frustrated outward personality and expression would be more like it.  No expectancy of eternal pie in the sky means no "I'm getting the eternal pie in the sky when I die" face.


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
It's probably more the case

It's probably more the case with this guy yes. I've always associated my personality with a nice blue or soft rustic orange. So if I had external visual experiences I'm sure my "aura" wouldn't be dark, but I'm a dirty foul, heathen!


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

When theists make absurd claims I want to vomit. Its hard to explain. 

The reason you see these "auras" is because YOU want to see them and your brain chemicals combined with your indoctrination that we barbaque kittens and spread cooties, you make absurd claims like this.

When you want to stop these halucinations, you will. Good luck. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Funny thing.  When I look

Funny thing.  When I look at people who are obviously Super-Buddy-Jesus-Family-James-Dobson-Wannabes, I throw up a little in my mouth.  Does that mean they have a vomit aura?

Seriously, you're just seeing what you expect to see.  You don't notice the thousands of atheists you pass on the street because they don't look like what you think of as atheists.  We're all over the place, and we are just people.  Some of us are very happy, and some are gloomy... just like theists.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Who's that European-looking

Who's that European-looking guy in your avatar, making the boyscout salute?


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
I don't suppose it ever

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that the reason those videos appear to be dark, or without 'sparkle' is because they were probably done with poor equipment in a room with not so great lighting.

 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Funny

Hambydammit wrote:

Funny thing. When I look at people who are obviously Super-Buddy-Jesus-Family-James-Dobson-Wannabes, I throw up a little in my mouth. Does that mean they have a vomit aura?

Seriously, you're just seeing what you expect to see. You don't notice the thousands of atheists you pass on the street because they don't look like what you think of as atheists. We're all over the place, and we are just people. Some of us are very happy, and some are gloomy... just like theists.

 

Thats the same stupid crap homophobes pull, "All gays are flamers". These idiots probibly spent time in a gym locker room not even knowing that someone gay was in the same locker room.

This person probibly has talked to or shaken hands with an atheist without even knowing it. It is only when they know before hand that this "aura" pops up.

Again, this halucination is not a reult of hocus pocus. It is a result of deep indoctrination and superstious fear that causes a chemical reaction in the brain.

I'd suggest this person spend a little less time with ouiji boards and tarrot card thinking and actually ask themselves, "Could there be a natural, non-magical reason I have these events?"

In any case they shouldnt be suprised by our response. You call anyone "empty" it might tick them off.

We dont need Jesus or Osirus or Thor to be fullfilled and we dont buy superstitious "aura" garbage just because someone claims it. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Wow, another post with 2

Wow, another post with 2 irrational beliefs in - auras and Christianity.


gregfl
Posts: 170
Joined: 2006-04-29
User is offlineOffline
Who baited the troll trap?

Who baited the troll trap?


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
This may well be the

This may well be the silliest post I've ever seen on this site.


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Wow,

MattShizzle wrote:
Wow, another post with 2 irrational beliefs in - auras and Christianity.

Yes, auras are irrational but I guess at least they are based on something. If scientists had no evidence on synaesthesia there would probably be no other explanation. See my earlier post. Christianity on the other hand, as we all know is completely fictional.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Jacob, I was wondering if

Jacob, I was wondering if you were going to mention synaesthesia or not.  I almost did, but I didn't want to steal your thunder.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
May has well have said

May has well have said atheists disturb psychics, or don't get abducted by aliens, or scare ghosts...

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

 

Hmmm. I would like to see you eliminate any chance that you project your own feelings into the process. If an atheist argued the Christian position without you knowing they were an atheist, would they still appear "dark"?

 


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

It's a scientific fact that souls don't exist so of course we don't have halos (auras or whatever) or souls.  Was there something bad that happened in your life that goads you into rejecting reality?


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: It's a

D-cubed wrote:

It's a scientific fact that souls don't exist so of course we don't have halos (auras or whatever) or souls. Was there something bad that happened in your life that goads you into rejecting reality?

Can you site a source on this "scientific fact"? 


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
What he is saying is that

What he is saying is that there is no scientific proof of souls and proof that all actions are performed by the brain. The soul is by definition a mystical, supernatural force within each of us. The question actually should be can you wavefreak find a scientific source prooving the existence of God.


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
i love this post

I love it.

I'll try to explain the reasoning for you though since everyone else here is not being fair by explaining things in a fashion that you'll appreciate them.

 The reason an athesit has a dark aura around them is because they absorb the energy and light from around them to provide them.  They are so full of life and enjoying their existance that they truely absorb their surroundings and are truely whole individuals.

The reason for the light around the faithful is also explainable.  The faithful spend all their life believing that their next life is the good one that they get to spend in heavy that they are wasting their life away while they are here not making the most of it.  That light is life seeping out of the faithful only to be absorbed later by someone who truely respects life.

I hope this provided some useful insight for you. 

 


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

Do you have infrared night-vision too? Spiderman has spidey-sense, should this sense of yours be called 'This-person-thinks-differently-than-me-so-I-am-going-to-impose-darkness-on-them sense'?


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
What he is saying is that there is no scientific proof of souls and proof that all actions are performed by the brain. The soul is by definition a mystical, supernatural force within each of us. The question actually should be can you wavefreak find a scientific source prooving the existence of God.

 

I guess I'm still not up to speed on the assumptions around here. Saying it is a scientific fact that souls don't exist isn't the same as saying there is no scientific proof for souls. Since this site promotes clear argument and logic, is not a trivial distinction. But I guess I'm supposed to understand what was meant, not what was actually said.  


Mattness
Mattness's picture
Posts: 106
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I don't

pariahjane wrote:
I don't suppose it ever occured to you that the reason those videos appear to be dark, or without 'sparkle' is because they were probably done with poor equipment in a room with not so great lighting.

That's what I call rationality! Hands down!

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. - Immanuel Kant


Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
Posts: 428
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

 Just shut up. Please.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: D-cubed

wavefreak wrote:
D-cubed wrote:

It's a scientific fact that souls don't exist so of course we don't have halos (auras or whatever) or souls. Was there something bad that happened in your life that goads you into rejecting reality?

Can you site a source on this "scientific fact"?

The existence of psychotropic drugs, afflictions like Alzheimer's and Demntia, and the simple fact that our mind is a product of physical processes of the brain.  Christian myth believes in dualism, that the mind and body are separate.  If this were the case then the mind couldn't be affected by material events but that simply isn't the case as Timothy Leary could have talked great lengths about.

The Christian mythos believes in eternal torment of the soul in hell.  The problem is once somebody is dead their nervous system stops working therefore there is no capability to feel pain.  Paralyzed people, like Christopher Reeve had a damaged nervous system that's why there was no feeling in most of his body.  From your viewpoint he fell off his horse and experienced a spiritual problem that in no way had anything to do with a damaged spine.  As much as he would have liked he couldn't feel any sensations in his legs and arms because of physical damage, not destruction of part of his soul.

There's the case of Phineas Gage.  In the Christian mythos the soul is what makes up our personality.  Gage's personality took a huge turn when a railroad spike lodged into his skull causing brain damage.  He was able to completely function as before but experienced a drastic change in his personality due to damage in regions of his brain.  It's no surprise that during brain surgery a surgeon stimulates part of the brain to cause a physical reaction.  No thought is required on part of the patient, it's due to direct physical stimulation whereas the Christian religion holds that it's the soul that is needed to direct the physical activity.

Is that enough evidence for you or would you like more? 


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Jacob

wavefreak wrote:

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
What he is saying is that there is no scientific proof of souls and proof that all actions are performed by the brain. The soul is by definition a mystical, supernatural force within each of us. The question actually should be can you wavefreak find a scientific source prooving the existence of God.

 

I guess I'm still not up to speed on the assumptions around here. Saying it is a scientific fact that souls don't exist isn't the same as saying there is no scientific proof for souls. Since this site promotes clear argument and logic, is not a trivial distinction. But I guess I'm supposed to understand what was meant, not what was actually said.

Well, if D-Cubed did mean that souls have been completely disproven, I'd have to disagree with him, although there is no evidence for the existence of souls, so you have a right to question the wording, especially since this is a debate site.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: wavefreak

D-cubed wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
D-cubed wrote:

It's a scientific fact that souls don't exist so of course we don't have halos (auras or whatever) or souls. Was there something bad that happened in your life that goads you into rejecting reality?

Can you site a source on this "scientific fact"?

The existence of psychotropic drugs, afflictions like Alzheimer's and Demntia, and the simple fact that our mind is a product of physical processes of the brain. Christian myth believes in dualism, that the mind and body are separate. If this were the case then the mind couldn't be affected by material events but that simply isn't the case as Timothy Leary could have talked great lengths about.

The Christian mythos believes in eternal torment of the soul in hell. The problem is once somebody is dead their nervous system stops working therefore there is no capability to feel pain. Paralyzed people, like Christopher Reeve had a damaged nervous system that's why there was no feeling in most of his body. From your viewpoint he fell off his horse and experienced a spiritual problem that in no way had anything to do with a damaged spine. As much as he would have liked he couldn't feel any sensations in his legs and arms because of physical damage, not destruction of part of his soul.

There's the case of Phineas Gage. In the Christian mythos the soul is what makes up our personality. Gage's personality took a huge turn when a railroad spike lodged into his skull causing brain damage. He was able to completely function as before but experienced a drastic change in his personality due to damage in regions of his brain. It's no surprise that during brain surgery a surgeon stimulates part of the brain to cause a physical reaction. No thought is required on part of the patient, it's due to direct physical stimulation whereas the Christian religion holds that it's the soul that is needed to direct the physical activity.

Is that enough evidence for you or would you like more?

 

Lisitng a bunch of phenomona and calling it a proof is really just a basket of red herrings. Site a source where a scientific study has concluded that souls don't exist. 


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Mattness wrote: pariahjane

Mattness wrote:

pariahjane wrote:
I don't suppose it ever occured to you that the reason those videos appear to be dark, or without 'sparkle' is because they were probably done with poor equipment in a room with not so great lighting.

That's what I call rationality! Hands down!

 

LOL. Damn you and your reasonable explanations!Tongue out


Theol0gic
Theist
Theol0gic's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2007-05-20
User is offlineOffline
The reason a person would

The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to.

Banned for lying - was warned twice.


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote:

wavefreak wrote:

Lisitng a bunch of phenomona and calling it a proof is really just a basket of red herrings. Site a source where a scientific study has concluded that souls don't exist.

You need me to cite sources on the effects of LSD on the nervous system and the causes of paralysis? Are you seriously that daft?

M. Macmillan (2000), "Restoring Phineas Gage: A 150th retrospective," Journal of the History of Neurosciences, 9(1): 42-62. DOI 10.1076/0964-704X(200004)9:1;1-2;FT046

Greiner T, Burch NR, Edelberg R (1958). "Psychopathology and psychophysiology of minimal LSD-25 dosage; a preliminary dosage-response spectrum". AMA Arch Neurol Psychiatry 79 (2): 208–10.

Downey N.E. (1957). "Spinal abscesses as a cause of paralysis in sheep". New Zealand Veterinary Journal, 5 (3): 97-100.

Hashimoto M, Rockenstein E, Crews L, Masliah E (2003). "Role of protein aggregation in mitochondrial dysfunction and neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.". Neuromolecular Med 4 (1-2): 21-36.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
I like how the thread talks

I like how the thread talks about a specific group, but the title of the thread is about a general group.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Show me a scientific study

Show me a scientific study that proves that there isnt a giant invisable teapot orbiting Jupiter.

Show me a scientific study that proves that I wont get 72 virgins in an afterlife.

Show me a scientific study tht proves that there is not a multiple armed deity named Ganish. 

This is just as red and white as "Where's Waldo's" Shirt. If you cant spot the fallacy in your logic, I doubt you can find Waldo in a children's book either.  

But let me attempt again to do a see spot run for you.

It is not up to science to prove anything. Science is a process, not an opinion.

"Souls" is the same vacious word as "Leprichans" or "Unicorns but you dont see any credible scientist trying to disprove unicorns or lepricans.

You do this to shift the burdon because you know you have no case. It is easyer to dump responsibility on someone else than to do the work yourself.

"Souls exist"  ok, so what? That is a claim, what do you have other than a claim? 

Dont blame us for the ineptitude of the person who invented that word. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: The reason

Theol0gic wrote:
The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to.

Care to present any scientific findings which show a causational link between Atheism and severe depression? 


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Theol0gic

D-cubed wrote:

Theol0gic wrote:
The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to.

Care to present any scientific findings which show a causational link between Atheism and severe depression?

I can. sort of.

 Atheist tend to be depressed becuase of theists like the person who makes the OP, and others who oppress.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: The reason

Theol0gic wrote:
The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to.

 

This is an ass-load of emotional tripe.

Perhaps being 'a theist yourself' skews your perceptions on how atheists act/feel/think.

But, I guess that rational thinking didn't cross your mind when you were writing this. 


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Show me a

Brian37 wrote:

Show me a scientific study that proves that there isnt a giant invisable teapot orbiting Jupiter.

Show me a scientific study that proves that I wont get 72 virgins in an afterlife.

Show me a scientific study tht proves that there is not a multiple armed deity named Ganish.

This is just as red and white as "Where's Waldo's" Shirt. If you cant spot the fallacy in your logic, I doubt you can find Waldo in a children's book either.

But let me attempt again to do a see spot run for you.

It is not up to science to prove anything. Science is a process, not an opinion.

"Souls" is the same vacious word as "Leprichans" or "Unicorns but you dont see any credible scientist trying to disprove unicorns or lepricans.

You do this to shift the burdon because you know you have no case. It is easyer to dump responsibility on someone else than to do the work yourself.

"Souls exist" ok, so what? That is a claim, what do you have other than a claim?

Dont blame us for the ineptitude of the person who invented that word.

 

Get a grip. If I offer ANY theistic argument, I must show exquistely contructed logic else it is immediately dismessed for whatever fallacy I have used.

I think it is within my rights to expect the same from atheiests. He calimed an absolute:

"It is a scientific fact that souls don't exist"

Then he went on to site things about LSD and other mumbo jumbo that have to due with neurogical reactions and makes a connection from that to the non-existence of a soul.

 Even if souls don't exist, it's a crap argument. 


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote:   Get a

wavefreak wrote:
 

Get a grip. If I offer ANY theistic argument, I must show exquistely contructed logic else it is immediately dismessed for whatever fallacy I have used.

I think it is within my rights to expect the same from atheiests. He calimed an absolute:

"It is a scientific fact that souls don't exist"

Then he went on to site things about LSD and other mumbo jumbo that have to due with neurogical reactions and makes a connection from that to the non-existence of a soul.

Even if souls don't exist, it's a crap argument.

If there were souls then we wouldn't get the results that we do.  LSD wouldn't affect people the way it does if souls are unaffected by material objects like psychotropic drugs.  There would be no change in brain functioning due to brain infarctions that cause dementia if the soul is separate from the brain.

The Christian mythos makes a prediction on the results we'd get and that prediction has been falsified by the findings.  So why do you still hold onto the notion of a soul when there is no scientific data supporting it and all the scientific findings are what we'd expect if there is no soul?

Does it come to a complete shock to you that when a person is undergoing a PET scan can think about certain things and the scans show brain activity?

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/120/10/1763

How can this be when you believe the brain and soul are separate?  It's no surprise that a person undergoing a "spiritual" experience reveals increased activity in the amygdala and severing that will result in no more severe religious experiences.  Your god can be wiped out with just a swish of a scapel. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Brian37

wavefreak wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Show me a scientific study that proves that there isnt a giant invisable teapot orbiting Jupiter.

Show me a scientific study that proves that I wont get 72 virgins in an afterlife.

Show me a scientific study tht proves that there is not a multiple armed deity named Ganish.

This is just as red and white as "Where's Waldo's" Shirt. If you cant spot the fallacy in your logic, I doubt you can find Waldo in a children's book either.

But let me attempt again to do a see spot run for you.

It is not up to science to prove anything. Science is a process, not an opinion.

"Souls" is the same vacious word as "Leprichans" or "Unicorns but you dont see any credible scientist trying to disprove unicorns or lepricans.

You do this to shift the burdon because you know you have no case. It is easyer to dump responsibility on someone else than to do the work yourself.

"Souls exist" ok, so what? That is a claim, what do you have other than a claim?

Dont blame us for the ineptitude of the person who invented that word.

 

Get a grip. If I offer ANY theistic argument, I must show exquistely contructed logic else it is immediately dismessed for whatever fallacy I have used.

I think it is within my rights to expect the same from atheiests. He calimed an absolute:

"It is a scientific fact that souls don't exist"

Then he went on to site things about LSD and other mumbo jumbo that have to due with neurogical reactions and makes a connection from that to the non-existence of a soul.

Even if souls don't exist, it's a crap argument.

HELLO MCFLY!

You still dont get it do you. And unfortunatly for you it may be a long time if ever.

"Soul" is what? Now I am sure you are not going to follow up with more ambigious feel good words like "essense" or "spirit". Please tell me you are not going to define "souls" with more warm fuzzy made up ambiguity to prop up something ambigous. 

You cant seriously tell me that the thoughts in your head once your brain decomposes live on. Please. Do the thoughts in a rats brain live on? Do the thoughts in an aligator's brain live on? Do the thoughts of monkeys live on?

You dont really believe this crap, you just like believing it. You just are in denial. If you dont see the fallacy in your logic at this point you might be a holpless case.

Now, quit complaining and dodging. If you claim "souls" exist, prove it. It is your claim not ours. If you cant prove it dont expect us to buy what you are selling. 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:

D-cubed wrote:

How can this be when you believe the brain and soul are separate?

I never said ANYTHING about the connection between the brain and the soul. For all you know, I could believe my soul resides in my penis.

I said the structure of your argument is flawed.

[MOD EDIT - fixed quotes (I think)] 


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: I never

wavefreak wrote:

I never said ANYTHING about the connection between the brain and the soul. For all you know, I could believe my soul resides in my penis.

I said the structure of your argument is flawed.

That's nice.  If I've presented a flawed concept of the soul then by all means, present your case.  If you had a case you would have presented it rather than presenting such a bullshit filled post. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote:

Quote:

I never said ANYTHING about the connection between the brain and the soul. For all you know, I could believe my soul resides in my penis.

I said the structure of your argument is flawed.

Why not your penis? I am sure you have studied human anatomy and proven that the soul isnt in the penis, right?

HEY EVERYONE, the soul is in the penis because no one can prove it isnt in the penis.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
Posts: 474
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
gregfl wrote: Who baited

gregfl wrote:
Who baited the troll trap?

 

Bingo.  I wish people wouldn't feed them though. 

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Why not

Brian37 wrote:

Why not your penis? I am sure you have studied human anatomy and proven that the soul isnt in the penis, right?

HEY EVERYONE, the soul is in the penis because no one can prove it isnt in the penis.

Sounds like you just earned your Ph.D. in Christian Anatomy from Liberty University Brian.  Or should I say, Dr. Brian? 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: I've

Theol0gic wrote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

I'd say you're projecting the darkness within yourself onto innocents. Perhaps you should step into the light and see what true darkness is. Shrug off the shackles of christianity.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Was this even serious? If so

Was this even serious? If so it's one of the stupidest/most insane things I ever seen posted on this site.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Brian37

D-cubed wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Why not your penis? I am sure you have studied human anatomy and proven that the soul isnt in the penis, right?

HEY EVERYONE, the soul is in the penis because no one can prove it isnt in the penis.

Sounds like you just earned your Ph.D. in Christian Anatomy from Liberty University Brian. Or should I say, Dr. Brian?

 

So would you like to be my first patient? I'll cut that soul right off!Surprised


cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
Posts: 64
Joined: 2006-11-06
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: Having

Theol0gic wrote:
Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers.

 Perhaps the sparkle in a believers eye is a sign of their insanity?

ttdm.blogspot.com


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
Theol0gic wrote: The reason

Theol0gic wrote:
The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to.

what?????? hopelessness and despair??? my wife, son and i are all atheists, and we're some of the happiest, healthiest people i've ever known. my marriage makes 99.9% of theist marriages look like material for the next episode of dr. phil.

that dark, blue glow in my avatar? that's called photoshop, because it looks cool and i dig it. you know photoshop? that software that theists use to put white little halos around the egdes of their photos to imply purity? 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I've looked at

Quote:
I've looked at dozens of videos on the blasphemy challenge, and I noticed that all the atheists have one thing in common: dark auras. If you look at them, they look dark and unhealthy. There is no light or sparkle in their eyes. It's as if they have driven the light of God out of them. Some schools of philosophy and religion assert that some people don't have souls. I don't know. But those people do not look normal. They look dark. It's hard to explain.

Quote:
The reason a person would deny the obious fact that atheists have no sparkle in their eyes or glow in their face, is because they also are victims of this same darkness. An atheist would deny this because they have no frame of reference. Having grown-up among theists, and being one myself, I can see a huge difference between believers and non-believers. Atheists have darkness written all over them. I agree that part of the reason is the utter hopelesness and despair that atheism leads to

I'm going to go past the irony in telling me that I have no sparkle in my eyes (my dad always greets me with "Adrian, get away from that screen, your eyes are fluorescent already!" when he meets me).

I guess it has never occured to you that the open atheists are generally part of a certain type of culture (see American Atheist or LeftOfLarry to understand what I mean), a culture characterized by courage to not only oppose the masses, but also let the masses know that they're doing it. What you define as "hard to explain" is actually very normal... but not to a layman in psychology, that is...

The utter despair and hopelessness that you talk about doesn't necessarily exist. You know, dark people generally give the impression that they're slashing their wrists every day after breakfast, but dark people generally feel good among others like them. It's all about the image you're projecting. Need I tell you about people showing something, but being something else? If so, just search "child abuse in parishes" on Google.

Quote:
synaesthesia

Ironic...

Quote:
Lisitng a bunch of phenomona and calling it a proof is really just a basket of red herrings. Site a source where a scientific study has concluded that souls don't exist.

http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/ghost.html <- this one gets pretty close to what you need. All references to this article the size of a book chapter at the end. I'm sure you will find them very... authoritative.

Quote:
For all you know, I could believe my soul resides in my penis.

Ironic...

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/