Todd Friel apologized...[moved from KewK to AvT]

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Todd Friel apologized...[moved from KewK to AvT]

...for saying that Brian hates Jesus. If you would like, I will find the podcast for you. Anyway, I thought maybe Brian would like to know...even though I'm certain it was an honest mistake.

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://podcast.wayofthemaster

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
tracifish wrote: ...for

tracifish wrote:
...for calling Brian an atheist. If you would like, I will find the podcast for you. Anyway, I thought maybe Brian would like to know...even though I'm certain it was an honest mistake.

Why would he apologize for calling him an atheist? 

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: tracifish

BGH wrote:

tracifish wrote:
...for calling Brian an atheist. If you would like, I will find the podcast for you. Anyway, I thought maybe Brian would like to know...even though I'm certain it was an honest mistake.

Why would he apologize for calling him an atheist?

Oh...thank you for pointing that out. I meant to say that he apologized for saying that Brian hates Jesus. I will edit it, now. 

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
On some level, I think we

On some level, I think we Christians believe that all atheists hate Jesus...but why would it bother an atheist? We believe you hate hate somebody you don't even believe exists. That's kind of silly....or, if I were an atheist, I'd think it is silly.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OH HELL NO! You can't

OH HELL NO!

You can't call that an apology.

WOTM radio show transcription minute 8:14 after listening to Sapient's video in the car on the way to New York.

Todd Friel, minute 8:14 to 8:57 wrote:
Gonna go end religion, but remember they don't hate jesus. And you know I was thinking about it. Brian Sapient got a little angry at me because I claimed on this here program, way of the master radio, that he hates jesus and y'know what... I stand corrected. Y'know what, he probably doesn't hate jesus because in his mind somehow he has concluded that jesus didn't even exist. Umm. He just hates those people who follow jesus. That's what it is. Cause I gotta tell you something there's some sort of hate going on there. And if it's not aimed at jesus, well OK, but it's... then it's gotta be aimed at somebody and I would suggest to you... it's aimed at christians.

Son of a bitch. Hypocritical asshole. Way of the asshat radio show 'host'.

Does anyone see this? Christianity has turned this guy into a full-fledged moron.

His fucked up perception of the world is due 100% to his own religion. Someone told him long ago that atheists hated jesus and NOW this fucktard is telling other people the same bullshit.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART is that an atheist, ME, has to explain his own damned religion's commandments to him.

TODD, pay attention. I'm going to type really slowly for you and then I want you to re-read it. For fuck's sake, you fucking deluded alleged christian, the very motherfucking least you could do would be to read your own bible.

Exodus 20 16 wrote:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Deuteronomy 5:20 wrote:
Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Matthew 19:18 wrote:
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mark 10:19 wrote:
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 3:14 wrote:
And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Ephesians 4:25 wrote:
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

three verses later

Ephesians 4:29 wrote:
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Philippians 4:8 wrote:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Colossians 3:9 wrote:
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

1 Peter 2:1 wrote:
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings,

Soooooooo, what has this shown? Obviously, Todd Friel HATES THE BIBLE since he can't follow it. Todd Friel needs psychiatric help. Todd Friel needs to lose his JOB as a christian radio show host since he cannot follow the doctrine that he allegedly believes in.

Ray, it's time to FIRE TODD FRIEL before he makes you look even worse than the Faceoff did.

BTW, tracifish, that was pretty dishonest of you to post this as an apology as well in my opiniion.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

OH HELL NO!

You can't call that an apology.

WOTM radio show transcription minute 8:14 after listening to Sapient's video in the car on the way to New York.

Todd Friel, minute 8:14 to 8:57 wrote:
Gonna go end religion, but remember they don't hate jesus. And you know I was thinking about it. Brian Sapient got a little angry at me because I claimed on this here program, way of the master radio, that he hates jesus and y'know what... I stand corrected. Y'know what, he probably doesn't hate jesus because in his mind somehow he has concluded that jesus didn't even exist. Umm. He just hates those people who follow jesus. That's what it is. Cause I gotta tell you something there's some sort of hate going on there. And if it's not aimed at jesus, well OK, but it's... then it's gotta be aimed at somebody and I would suggest to you... it's aimed at christians.

Son of a bitch. Hypocritical asshole. Way of the asshat radio show 'host'.

Does anyone see this? Christianity has turned this guy into a full-fledged moron.

His fucked up perception of the world is due 100% to his own religion. Someone told him long ago that atheists hated jesus and NOW this fucktard is telling other people the same bullshit.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART is that an atheist, ME, has to explain his own damned religion's commandments to him.

TODD, pay attention. I'm going to type really slowly for you and then I want you to re-read it. For fuck's sake, you fucking deluded alleged christian, the very motherfucking least you could do would be to read your own bible.

Exodus 20 16 wrote:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Deuteronomy 5:20 wrote:
Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Matthew 19:18 wrote:
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mark 10:19 wrote:
Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 3:14 wrote:
And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Ephesians 4:25 wrote:
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

three verses later

Ephesians 4:29 wrote:
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Philippians 4:8 wrote:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Colossians 3:9 wrote:
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

1 Peter 2:1 wrote:
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings,

Soooooooo, what has this shown? Obviously, Todd Friel HATES THE BIBLE since he can't follow it. Todd Friel needs psychiatric help. Todd Friel needs to lose his JOB as a christian radio show host since he cannot follow the doctrine that he allegedly believes in.

Ray, it's time to FIRE TODD FRIEL before he makes you look even worse than the Faceoff did.

BTW, tracifish, that was pretty dishonest of you to post this as an apology as well in my opiniion.

Okay...but I'm sure he was not trying to bear false witness. It is common for us to think atheists hate Jesus. Some are vocal about hating the God of the bible...and Jesus is God. I can see how Todd could have been confused. Brian is a.....professional atheist...and he appears...angry. It is hard for us to tell who or what he is angry at.

All I know is he does not mean Brian any ill will. So what if Todd thought that Brian hates Jesus? And it was an honest mistake, i'm quite sure of that. If you were to think I hate someone whom I don't even believe to exist, it might be a little bit annoying...but if after I explained to you, and you publically corrected yourself, I'd be happy. If you were not to correct yourself, it woudn't bother me that much. Why care what a bunch of believers think about me? They're not my peers.

It was not meant to be mean.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
tracifish

tracifish wrote:

Okay...but I'm sure he was not trying to bear false witness. It is common for us to think atheists hate Jesus. Some are vocal about hating the God of the bible...and Jesus is God. I can see how Todd could have been confused. Brian is a.....professional atheist...and he appears...angry. It is hard for us to tell who or what he is angry at.

All I know is he does not mean Brian any ill will. So what if Todd thought that Brian hates Jesus? And it was an honest mistake, i'm quite sure of that. If you were to think I hate someone whom I don't even believe to exist, it might be a little bit annoying...but if after I explained to you, and you publically corrected yourself, I'd be happy. If you were not to correct yourself, it woudn't bother me that much. Why care what a bunch of believers think about me? They're not my peers.

Sure, he "corrected" himself... He said the Brian doesn't hate Jesus, he hates christians.

The false witness is in saying that Brian hates christians. 

Most atheists have this thing about truth (the real kind, with a lower case 't&#39Eye-wink, so when someone says a lie about them, they might get a little peeved. Imagine if everyone started claiming that your church was killing puppies and atheist children for their services. Would you mind? "Why care what a bunch of [others] think about [you]?"

The pursuit of truth leads Brian to correct others on their outlandish claims. Telling someone that the Easter Bunny does not exist doesn't mean you hate the Easter Bunny OR people who think the Easter Bunny does exist.

-Triften 

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
tracifish

tracifish wrote:

Okay...but I'm sure he was not trying to bear false witness. It is common for us to think atheists hate Jesus.

That was one of my points. Don't you see that as a problem?

Quote:
Some are vocal about hating the God of the bible...and Jesus is God.

According to you and the people that put this into your mind.

Quote:
I can see how Todd could have been confused.

Willfully confused because almost the exact same conversation came up when Ray Comfort was a guest on RRS Show #7.

Quote:
Brian is a.....professional atheist...and he appears...angry. It is hard for us to tell who or what he is angry at.

Who is 'us'? Do you profess to speak for all of christendom?

I'm curious as to why you see it as anger and I see it as strong compassion?

Quote:
All I know is he does not mean Brian any ill will.

Are you Friel's shrink?

Quote:
So what if Todd thought that Brian hates Jesus?

Because it isn't true. That's what. It makes no logical sense and ergo is irrational. Irrational claims cannot go unchallenged here because that is, in my opinion, the sole purpose for the RRS.

Quote:
And it was an honest mistake, i'm quite sure of that.

A lie cannot be an honest mistake.

Quote:
If you were to think I hate someone whom I don't even believe to exist, it might be a little bit annoying...but if after I explained to you, and you publically corrected yourself, I'd be happy.

Unfortunately, Friel did not do that. He followed his original bullshit statement with yet another bullshit statement. That is annoying. The fact that people actually listen to this man's bullshit beliefs is annoying.

Quote:
If you were not to correct yourself, it woudn't bother me that much. Why care what a bunch of believers think about me? They're not my peers.

OHHHHHH. I think I see where this rationalization is going now. Actually, I am assuming that you are human. I am also human. Ergo we are peers. I'm betting that Friel is also a human. Ergo I am Todd Friel's peer and so are you.

Quote:

Perhaps not. However, was it meant to be dishonest??? because, as I said, THAT was not an apology.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude... I listened to the

Dude... I listened to the clip... I can't believe you presented it as an apology! Laughing

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Strafio wrote: Dude... I

Strafio wrote:
Dude... I listened to the clip... I can't believe you presented it as an apology! Laughing

Well...for Todd...it is. If it were me, I would have done it differently. 

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
triften wrote:

triften wrote:
tracifish wrote:

Sure, he "corrected" himself... He said the Brian doesn't hate Jesus, he hates christians.

Most atheists have this thing about truth (the real kind, with a lower case 't&#39Eye-wink, so when someone says a lie about them, they might get a little peeved. Imagine if everyone started claiming that your church was killing puppies and atheist children for their services. Would you mind? "Why care what a bunch of [others] think about [you]?"

The pursuit of truth leads Brian to correct others on their outlandish claims. Telling someone that the Easter Bunny does not exist doesn't mean you hate the Easter Bunny OR people who think the Easter Bunny does exist.

-Triften

I understand now. It does make more sense to me because, I realize that maybe Brian does not hate Jesus or Christians...though the bible might beg to differ...he believes he doesn't hate Jesus or Christians, then it would be better if Todd were say that Brian's dislike is aimed at the idealogy and not any person...and not at God.

Though hating Jesus and/or Christians is not the same as killing puppies! Hating someone is a sin....in that it's murder of the heart...but that is between the individual and God. If Brian or anyone else did hate us...we would not be alarmed...and we would still love him...and/or whoever else hates us. It would not make us think any less of him...or whomever...

Anyway, on behalf of Todd, I'm sorry.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
It doesnt sound like an

It doesnt sound like an apology. It also doesnt sound like a message of love. I wouldnt consider it an apology. This guy is spreading hate by saying Brian hates christians. What a ridiculous claim.

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: It

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
It doesnt sound like an apology. It also doesnt sound like a message of love. I wouldnt consider it an apology. This guy is spreading hate by saying Brian hates christians. What a ridiculous claim.

Except, we wouldn't hate him, even if he did hate Jesus and/or hate us.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
So why say it? Why go

So why say it? Why go through the effort of making Brian out to look like a bad person and then say it will have no effect whatsoever on the christian community? Im not buying this at all.

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: So

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
So why say it? Why go through the effort of making Brian out to look like a bad person and then say it will have no effect whatsoever on the christian community? Im not buying this at all.

We already believe that everybody is a bad person, including ourselves...and that Brian is no worse than we are. I don't think Todd was trying to make Brian look like a bad person, but was just saying what he honestly thought. I used to hate fundamentalist Christians, but if a fundamentalist Christian were to hate me back, I would have known he or she is not a very good Christian.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
lol. Ouch. I would hate to

lol. Ouch. I would hate to live thinking I was a bad person. I dont think Todd has an honest thought. he is just a jack ass. I still stick to my earlier statement that he is spreading hate. I know our discussion is about to start going in circles so I will just leave it at that. Laughing

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's okay. I ought to be

That's okay. I ought to be in bed right now...so I shall say "goodnight".

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. What a fucking CUNT. I

Wow. What a fucking CUNT. I don't hate Jesus. I do hate Todd Friel now, though.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Todd Friel isn't hated

Todd Friel isn't hated because he's what he likes to call a Christian.  Todd is hated because he's an asshole with a cartoon voice.  Todd had a radio show longer than Brian and he laments against Atheists often. Is Todd projecting because he hates Atheists because Atheists have a better grasp on reality than Todd?  Don't bother asking him, he wouldn't understand.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
tracifish wrote: Strafio

tracifish wrote:

Strafio wrote:

Well...for Todd...it is. If it were me, I would have done it differently.

That was disingenuous and dishonest of you to even suggest that is any kind of an apology.

Stop absolving your leaders of any wrong-doing. They never take responsibility for the evil they spew.

That's an apology? As far as I am concerned, you lied to me when you said it was an apology.

That was hate speach against Sapient accussing him of hating xtians.

Slander. It was a lie. He was encouraging others to hate him.

I am appalled that you would even suggest that was an apology.

From hearing that load of crap, it proves to me that particular xtian has no concept of remorse and never feels he has to appologise for anything.

I hope you don't respect that guy.

He's a liar and if you still call that an apology, you're a liar too.

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry, but I just

I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand how anyone can take Friel, Comfort or Cameron seriously.

Anyone who believes a damned thing these guys say is delusional. 

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Why would someone be upset

Why would someone be upset that Freidl says they hate god or christians? Are you serious?

Perhaps atheists should get on Al-Jazeera and proclaim that missionaries in the middle east HATE allah. It shouldn't matter, since they don't believe in allah, right?

Perhaps a better analogy would be a political one. I can pretty much guarantee that you, tracifish, have different political ideas than I (and we) do. If you were to become politically active, how would you feel if someone went on public television and radio and proclaimed that you HATE America and/or hate Americans? It would be obvious from the fact that you would likely speak with a raised voice about issues, and therefore you hate, and spread a message of hate in an effort to destroy America. Would you just not care? It's doubtful, you'd probably sue the person for slander.

Do remember, also, that atheists, particularly atheists in the public eye, already get death threats. Spreading such slander only fuels them, and they can then use the bible to justify recriprocal hatred, and even violence, all while calling it "love".

People have a tendancy to accuse others of the things they are guilty of themselves, in an attempt to distract from their own mistakes. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's unconscious. If you want an example, just look at any forum troll - they're always the first to call other people trolls.

ABx
User is offlineOffline
tracifish wrote:

tracifish wrote:
On some level, I think we Christians believe that all atheists hate Jesus...but why would it bother an atheist? We believe you hate hate somebody you don't even believe exists. That's kind of silly....or, if I were an atheist, I'd think it is silly.
That's actually a prime example of what makes religion detrimental. One should never jump to the conclusion that someone is hateful just because they don't hold the same beliefs as you. Hate is a pretty strong word, and it provokes strong reactions. It also implies superiority of the one making the claim.

I know you don't see it - and that is scarry as hell to anyone on the outside. You would undoubtedly have the same reaction from islamic extremests labeling christians hateful, and they would undoubtedly see themselves as only loving and forgiving, and not meaning it as any kind of slander.

Ignorance Is Bliss
User is offlineOffline
tracifish wrote: triften

tracifish wrote:
triften wrote:
tracifish wrote:

-Triften

I understand now. It does make more sense to me because, I realize that maybe Brian does not hate Jesus or Christians...though the bible might beg to differ...he believes he doesn't hate Jesus or Christians, then it would be better if Todd were say that Brian's dislike is aimed at the idealogy and not any person...and not at God.

Though hating Jesus and/or Christians is not the same as killing puppies! Hating someone is a sin....in that it's murder of the heart...but that is between the individual and God. If Brian or anyone else did hate us...we would not be alarmed...and we would still love him...and/or whoever else hates us. It would not make us think any less of him...or whomever...

Anyway, on behalf of Todd, I'm sorry.

For Brian to hate Jesus, he would have to believe in him to begin with. Saying he hates jesus is a false claim, because he doesn't believe in him. Denying something exists does not equate to hating it. You're failing to understand what indifference is. 

Saying Brian hates Christians is worse, because lemme rephrase it.

The jews hate the aryans and have declared war! (I believe it was 1937 when Hitler had this published in German news papers. Not exactly word for word, but the same idea.)

I believe Hitler used a similar rhetoric to whip the German population into a frenzy against the jews.

Okay, so what if hating someone is a sin? How about not caring about them because they act like jackasses? Is that the same thing to hating? No.

You don't have the right to apologize for Todd because you don't represent him. Don't apologize for him because he's the one that needs to apologize, not you. Your apology means nothing because of the fact it's not him doing it. What's worse, he corrected his falsehood and replaced it with another one.

Regardless of hate speech or just plain ignorance, the fact stands he's slandered Brian's name. (Stating he hates Christians.) Since he has no reliable proof or evidence of such, it is merely speculation, presumptious. Todd  needs to formally apologize for saying Brian hates christians, because that would be as bad as saying he hates blacks, or jews, or gays.