A Personal Thanks to the RRS

Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
A Personal Thanks to the RRS

I would just like to offer my heart-felt thanks to the RRS for reaffirming my faith in the living God. The more I read on this site, the more I am convinced that atheists are not fighting against thesim, but rather, they are fighting their conscience in hopes that their refusal to accept God will surpress the responsibility that one bares when they accept God and his expectations of our lives here on earth. Why would we try so hard to deny something that does not exist? Do humans fight over the existance of Santa? Do we fight to prove that the easter bunny exixts? Why then must we fight what we hold to be true in our minds and our hearts? The Definition of Atheism should be "the refusal to execpt God", rather than "a disbelief in God". I speak on behalf of millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews, when I say thank you for helping us to resist Blind faith, but to question our beliefs and reaffirm them in the face of adversity............ 

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
I'm not trying too hard

I'm not trying too hard to not believe in god. 

In fact, if your god exists, he made it easy. 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
With Kelly as my witness, I

With Kelly as my witness, I called the body of this topic by simply reading the title. I just knew it was gonna be one of those.

I'm glad we reaffirmed your faith, however I'm also gonna extend my prediction streak when I state that you are simply telling yourself we've reaffirmed your faith to make yourself feel better about your delusions. 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
While I admire your ability

While I admire your ability to predict what I'm going to post, I must disagree with you. Your militant approach to atheism only leads me to conclude that my faith is slightly more "believable" than your empty worldview. BTW, Do accept abiogenesis with very little evidence". I would conclude that my faith is more rational than the faith that requires you to believe certain scientific hypothsis. BTW, ?you should really consider debating someone else besides WOTM. Someone that would rip you a new one, like Dembski, Johnson, Behe, Meyers or Zacharias

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: I would just

Lux wrote:
I would just like to offer my heart-felt thanks to the RRS for reaffirming my faith in the living God. The more I read on this site, the more I am convinced that atheists are not fighting against thesim, but rather, they are fighting their conscience in hopes that their refusal to accept God will surpress the responsibility that one bares when they accept God and his expectations of our lives here on earth. Why would we try so hard to deny something that does not exist? Do humans fight over the existance of Santa? Do we fight to prove that the easter bunny exixts? Why then must we fight what we hold to be true in our minds and our hearts? The Definition of Atheism should be "the refusal to execpt God", rather than "a disbelief in God". I speak on behalf of millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews, when I say thank you for helping us to resist Blind faith, but to question our beliefs and reaffirm them in the face of adversity............

 

If Santa and the Easter Bunny promised eternal life, we probably would. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
LOL!!!! Another moron with

LOL!!!! Another moron with about a second grade understanding of science.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
and so the attacks begin, I

and so the attacks begin, I was warned about his


The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
Posts: 474
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Weak trolling/10. Come on,

Weak trolling/10.

Come on, my two year old nephew can do better than that.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
but I've only just begun, my

but I've only just begun, my friend


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: and so the

Lux wrote:
and so the attacks begin, I was warned about his

 

Are you going to reply to me?

 

If Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were promising something as serious as eternal life, I have NO doubt that we WOULD fight over them.

 

We created gods because we're afraid of what we cannot comprehend.

We are sad, selfish, short-lived creatures and nothing terrifies us more than no longer existing.

So we create a god- a fairy tale- and tell ourselves that we won't REALLY die, because we go elsewhere. 


The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
Posts: 474
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: but I've only

Lux wrote:
but I've only just begun, my friend

 

Well I should hope so.  I'd hate to think that half hearted effort was your best shot.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: but I've only

Lux wrote:
but I've only just begun, my friend

 

Would you worship god if heaven didn't exist? 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
reply.........Firstly, we

reply.........Firstly, we know the historical signifigance of Santa, that he did in fact exist at some point. But lets assume that we did invent God, the EB, and santa in our minds. What powers did we give to them? the EB brings colored eggs, Santa brings presents. How can one compare these three things?

 

 

Also, Humans do not / Cannot invent that which has no basis in reality. Therefore, we could not have had the ability to invent God, when we simply had no concept of what.who God is.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
I like that guy on the

I like that guy on the stick in your avatar.

He's funny when he cries because he's 'supposed' to be god. Funny stuff; watch this video it is about the ten commandments movie.

 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
WHAT???? Of course we can -

WHAT????

Of course we can - unless you believe in vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, UFO's, psychics, dragons, unicorns, etc.

We can even invent the concept of things that can't possibly exist - married bachelors or square circles.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux

Lux wrote:

reply.........Firstly, we know the historical signifigance of Santa, that he did in fact exist at some point. But lets assume that we did invent God, the EB, and santa in our minds. What powers did we give to them? the EB brings colored eggs, Santa brings presents. How can one compare these three things?

 

 

Also, Humans do not / Cannot invent that which has no basis in reality. Therefore, we could not have had the ability to invent God, when we simply had no concept of what.who God is.

 

I can invent anything I like, regardless of a basis in reality.

I think that theres a blue jello flavoured lamp thats 15 3/4 stories tall floating around outside of space and time. It grants wishes, gives out free beer and also acts as a hat rack.

See? No basis in reality, just made it up, and made it do whatever I wanted it to. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
unless you believe in

unless you believe in vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, UFO's, psychics, dragons, unicorns, etc.

 

 

Leprechauns = little people funny accents, magical powers= God attribute

Dragons = mammals, lizards, dino's = magical powers God attribute

Unicorns = Horses, horned animals= magical powers God attribute..........

 

You're making this too easy, sir

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
The more I read on this

The more I read on this site, the more I am convinced that atheists are not fighting against thesim, but rather, they are fighting their conscience in hopes that their refusal to accept God will surpress the responsibility that one bares when they accept God and his expectations of our lives here on earth.

I wouldn't call it refusal.  I can't refuse to accept something if I do not even know whether it exists or not. 

If Santa and the Easter bunny were trying to pass laws that affect me based on their religious beliefs, I'd probably fight them too.  But since no one is running around trying to ban stem cell research in the name of Santa Claus, I'm not going to get too hyped up about it.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Jello and lamps exist.

Jello and lamps exist. you're adding magical powers, A God attribute. My point is, where would even the concept of a GOd come from if all of our ideas come from reality. you can mix and match all the crazy ideas you want but you can't get away from reality

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: unless you

Lux wrote:

unless you believe in vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, UFO's, psychics, dragons, unicorns, etc.

 

 

Leprechauns = little people funny accents, magical powers= God attribute

Dragons = mammals, lizards, dino's = magical powers God attribute

Unicorns = Horses, horned animals= magical powers God attribute..........

 

You're making this too easy, sir

 

What, exactly is a 'god attribute'?

I'm willing to go with 'shit this theist just made up.' 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
well, what "powers" do

well, what "powers" do theists attribute to God? Its really very simple. In this case, for the sake of arguement, I'm saying that magig is a God attribute

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote:

Lux wrote:
Jello and lamps exist. you're adding magical powers, A God attribute. My point is, where would even the concept of a GOd come from if all of our ideas come from reality. you can mix and match all the crazy ideas you want but you can't get away from reality

 

The concept of a god comes from all of the things that we don't understand.

We used to have gods for thunder, rain, wind, death, hunting, marriage, childbirth, mischief...I could go on like this.

We took any idea that scared or confused us, took anything that was beyond out control and turned it into an intangible god.

As science began to explain such occurances, we have abandoned most of these gods.

The only thing your god does nowadays is shield you from the truth of death.

Admit that the purpose of god belief is to live forever in heaven. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
That is just ridiculous.

That is just ridiculous. Basically almost anything that doesn't exist could be called "magical."

 

Non-existance=God attribute.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
We have a God nowadays that

We have a God nowadays that with his combined attributes (rain, thunder, sun...ect....) is the first cause, the creator of all things. Who by his nature, and who created us in his own image, has given us the ability to study his creation. By understanding his works, we gain knowlegde of his nature. We are the only planet with a perfect view of an eclipse. Our planet is finley tuned to support life. (see Privliged Planet, and read rare earth). We don't believe in God because we fear death. We believe in God because he gave us life. BTW, if nothing happens when I die, then what id there to fear?

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
Posts: 474
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: BTW, if nothing

Lux wrote:
BTW, if nothing happens when I die, then what id there to fear?

 

The Sundays you wasted praying when you could have been banging hot chicks? 

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
We fear (if we do at all)

We fear (if we do at all) the end of all our experiences and leaving our loved ones without us. What actual evidence do you have for the existance of a god?  Saying that the earth is "finely tuned" to support life is looking at things the wrong way - like pointing out there just happens to be a river near every major city. If the planet couldn't support life we wouldn't be here.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Thank you for speaking for

Thank you for speaking for me. I am so glad you personally know what my thoughts are.

OH THOR I'VE BEEN CAUGHT DEAD TO RIGHTS!

Or is that Loki? Maybe it's Isis I should submit to?

I'm so lost, if only I had a hand up my back like say a , puppetmaster. Maybe if I had a puppetmaster I wouldnt have to do any thinking at all.

Will you do my thinking for me? PWUTTY PWEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!

Wait, who better to ask than someone who has a daddy to do their thinking for them! GENIOUS, SHEAR GENIOUS!

I believe now! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: We have a God

Lux wrote:
We have a God nowadays that with his combined attributes (rain, thunder, sun...ect....) is the first cause, the creator of all things.

 

We have scientific explainations for all the things I listed. We  no longer need a god to control rain, so we abandoned him. Creation is unproven, thanks.

 

Quote:
Who by his nature, and who created us in his own image, has given us the ability to study his creation.

Unfounded assumption.

Quote:
By understanding his works, we gain knowlegde of his nature.

Unfounded assumption. 

Quote:
We are the only planet with a perfect view of an eclipse.

Incorrect. We have a perfect view of an eclipse that involves OUR moon. Now if the eclipse involves another planets moon, I'd say our view sucks. 

 

Quote:
Our planet is finley tuned to support life. (see Privliged Planet, and read rare earth).

Refuted hundreds of times, logical fallacies. 

http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2004/08/the_privileged.html 

Quote:
We don't believe in God because we fear death. We believe in God because he gave us life. BTW, if nothing happens when I die, then what id there to fear?

You're begging the question and making wild assumptions.

 

Why do we fear death if nothing happens after we die? What a stupid question; don't you like living?

 

WHAT DOES CHRISTIANITY PROMISE THE BELIEVER!?!

IT PROMISES YOU ETERNAL LIFE. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
By the way,

By the way, Sapient......

 

Although you have made many new de-converts due to your blasphemy challange (I think the Pepsi challange is much more productive) you must realize that the demographic is teens, teens by nature refuse athority, you know teen-age angst. Teens used to burn bras and attend sit-ins, they used to burn the flag and go to Woodstock. Teens today are chhosing atheism because it challanges authority and denouces responsiblity. These teens will eventually grow up, and I pray that you will too.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
*Sigh*. I really can't be

*Sigh*. I really can't be bothered. There've been too many nutters of late.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Most of those "rebellious"

Most of those "rebellious" activities were geared toward something positive (feminism, ending the Vietnam War, etc.) I hope someday you will grow up and forget about the idea of an invisible man who lives in the sky, knows everything, and will torture you forever if you piss him off or fail to believe he exists without evidence (but he loves you?)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
He's not here to debate or

He's not here to debate or discuss guys, he's here to jerk his moral and holier-than-thou load all over us 'lowly, unsaved atheists'.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
there is evidence......But

there is evidence......But if we play by YOUR rules there is none. You see, science has a monopoly on these things. Intelligent design is proving God's existnence all of the time. Consider, Guillermo Gonzalez, who was refused tenure at Iowa State because of his religious views. the man has the credentials, but there is a bias in the science community.

 

 

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/habitable-zone-astronomer-guillermo-gonzalez-denied-tenure/

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: there is

Lux wrote:

there is evidence......But if we play by YOUR rules there is none. You see, science has a monopoly on these things. Intelligent design is proving God's existnence all of the time. Consider, Guillermo Gonzalez, who was refused tenure at Iowa State because of his religious views. the man has the credentials, but there is a bias in the science community.

 

 

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/habitable-zone-astronomer-guillermo-gonzalez-denied-tenure/

 

Intelligent design is a lie and a fallacy.

There is no proof for it whatsoever and the theory of evolution refutes the need for a designer. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
LMAO.......tell that to Ken

LMAO.......tell that to Ken Miller, a devout Catholic. Though he doens't support ID, he certainly would disagree that there is no room for a designer. BTW< thre are many evolution scientists that don't believe in God, but still say that evolution doesn't in fact, negate a designer. Try again......Eye-wink

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Can you read? He said it

Can you read? He said it refutes the NEED for a designer, not negates it. ID is an absurd pseudoscience, and there is nothing that actually counts as evidence for any god.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
I fail to see the

I fail to see the difference. ID does make predictions, and does see evidence for God in nature. perhaps you should do a little more research on it. Don't just except whatever, wanna-be-god, Richard Dawkins says to you. Also, look up the scientific discent from darwinism. Its a list of HUNDREDS in not thousands by now, of scientists who question evolution.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Wow, take a logic course.

Wow, take a logic course.

 

It doesn't matter what Ken Miller says. That's an appeal to authority and a logical fallacy.

 

Because evolution happens on its own, it doesn't NEED a designer.

 

Reading comprehension for the win. 


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: I fail to see

Lux wrote:
I fail to see the difference. ID does make predictions, and does see evidence for God in nature. perhaps you should do a little more research on it. Don't just except whatever, wanna-be-god, Richard Dawkins says to you. Also, look up the scientific discent from darwinism. Its a list of HUNDREDS in not thousands by now, of scientists who question evolution.

 

Except that ID is not accepted by anyone, anywhere as anything other than religious rhetoric.

Sorry.

Even the guy in your picture accepts evolution. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
You seem to intentionally

You seem to intentionally forget 1st cause. Evolution happens on a micro level, change within a species, but thats it. I brought up Ken miller because you say that evolution removes any need for a designer, I simply brought up one person who is qualified to disagree. Get a life, dude. I love how all atheists have the same capacity for debate. They talk about logic and reading comnprehension, but fail to use any of it thereselves. Then they avoid the post all together.....LMAO

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Wow!  For a second there I

Wow!  For a second there I thought the pope had joined us and I got really excited! 

It is good to know that you speak on behalf of the faithful minions because we have discovered that many of them cannot spell or write coherent sentences.  Do you really want to be a spokesperson for these people? 

Also, are you aware that to a Muslim you are an atheist too?  And they really do not have a sense of humor about it. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
We believe in the SAME God

We believe in the SAME God as Muslims. I have a relationship with several. We have a few that attend our church for meetings discussing relations between the two. I thikn you may be reffering to RADICAL Muslims, because most of them that I know, are peaceful and willing to accept everyone. Also, FYI, It was the Angel Gabriel that appeared to Muhammad, the same angel that appeared to Mary.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
I have to say, you've

I have to say, you've managed to completely disregard what everyone has posted to you and remain obstinately ignorant on all of your positions.  Why are you even here?  Clearly you're not here for any sort of conversation or debate, since that would require that you at least consider what others have posted.  Instead you just heckle everyone.  Very Christian of you, glad to see you practice what you preach.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: By the way,

Lux wrote:

By the way, Sapient......

 Teens today are chhosing atheism because it challanges authority and denouces responsiblity. These teens will eventually grow up, and I pray that you will too.

 Let's hope as we all grow up (the teens and I) we hold on to our logic and common sense.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
been there done

been there done that........It's also a known fact that atheists will claim to have refuted you, or that you haven't responded to other posts. This is simply dishonest. I'm here because I'm sick of hearing about the RRS...I seek to make them look like the fools they are. It's not only me, but many I haved talked to are sick of this new fad. Its getting old, and the kids are starting to act like savages because of it. Smiling

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Lux wrote: By the way,

Lux wrote:

By the way, Sapient......

 

Although you have made many new de-converts due to your blasphemy challange (I think the Pepsi challange is much more productive) you must realize that the demographic is teens, teens by nature refuse athority, you know teen-age angst. Teens used to burn bras and attend sit-ins, they used to burn the flag and go to Woodstock. Teens today are chhosing atheism because it challanges authority and denouces responsiblity. These teens will eventually grow up, and I pray that you will too.

Your funny. You think atheists are inmature people out to coorupt youth? Humn, glad I am not Socrates in Plato's Apollogy. I suppose I should drink that hemlock to ease your mind? He coorupted youth in that play too. Would that make you happy if I met the same fate?Who knows how many children you could save from atheism if I was dead.

Even if we took the low numbers of atheists and limited it to John Stocil's quote on the ABC report he did and assumed there were only 6% or 18,000,000 atheists, you think they are all angst ridden lost teenagers?

I guess my WW2 atheist vet friend who died last year was really a teen I coorupted? He was an atheist in 1942 and died an atheist last year. Care to tell me who coorupted him?

Must be us because we are delusional even though we dont go around claiming that God put on a Barry White Album and told Marry he was in the mood. We dont claim that surviving rigor mortis is possible after 3 days. But what the hell would evil barbaquing kitten eaters like us know? Our only job is to spread cooties and make the world magicaly yucky because a man in a Red Leotard holding a pitchfork makes us do it.

Ok, you got us. We just want to rock the boat for no other reason but to piss you off, how did you guess?

QUICK EVERYONE HIDE! Oops, I forgot, god can watch us, even when we take a dump. DAMN!

Poor poor theist, cant stand the idea that someone might not be passive when someone else trys to sell them a myth.

It would be so horrible if young people thought for themselves wouldnt it. It is so nice that Islamic chidren indocrinated at such a young age buy Allah merely because someone sold it to them. But somehow your Jesus gets a pass and no one should dare question it.

I guess you hate Thomas Jefferson too.

"Question with boldness even the existance of God, for if there be one, surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" DAMN YOU JEFFERSON!

"I distrust what god believers say what god wants because it usually coincieds with their desires" Susan B. Anthony.

Fuck those assholes! How dare they question Jesus beleivers! 

STOP THE PRESSES, THE JIG IS UP! THINKING IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU LET JESUS DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Oh wait, I have brain. Nevermind.......carry on folks. Have fun with the chewtoy. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: You seem to

Lux wrote:
You seem to intentionally forget 1st cause. Evolution happens on a micro level, change within a species, but thats it.

Saying that you believe in micro but not macro evolution is about as intelligent as saying that you believe a species can take one step, but that those steps can never add up to a mile. 

 

Quote:
I brought up Ken miller because you say that evolution removes any need for a designer, I simply brought up one person who is qualified to disagree.

That's nice, it still means nothing.

Own up to your logical fallacies and learn not to use them next time. 

 

Quote:
Get a life, dude. I love how all atheists have the same capacity for debate. They talk about logic and reading comnprehension, but fail to use any of it thereselves. Then they avoid the post all together.....LMAO

I'm not a dude, kthnx. I am a lady and I have fabulous breasts and a cute ass.

The rest of your post is a projection.

 

State an argument or gtfo, pal. 


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
WOW! you said a whole lot of

WOW! you said a whole lot of nothing! sorry about your ww2 friend. I never said ALL atheists are teens, did I. Sapient and his goons are targeting teens, you want them to think for themselves but you don'[t want them to believe in God either? this makes sense to you. Also, you little quotes are a little something you people call "appeal to authority" if we can't do it, neither can you.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Tyl3r04
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
 On a first note. Welcome

 On a first note. Welcome to the forums.

Quote:

lux wrote:

LMAO.......tell that to Ken Miller, a devout Catholic. Though he doens't support ID, he certainly would disagree that there is no room for a designer. BTW< thre are many evolution scientists that don't believe in God, but still say that evolution doesn't in fact, negate a designer. Try again......Eye-wink

If they do not believe in God, thent hey do not believe in the possibility of a designer, so therefor they wouldn't admit to evolution negating the need of a designer.

You claim that Sapient pushes teenagers towards Atheism? That is a lie. He merely encourages them to not be afraid to admit that they are atheist. I am 16 and have been an Atheist long before I even heard of sapient. In a world today where human beings are becoming more and more intelligent, the need for religion is becoming increasingly obsolete.

Now, to your earlier arguements of.. where would we even get the concept of God to begin with when God is not even a material being or entity. Read my post

www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/freethinking_anonymous/6783

Intelligent design is a rather big logical fallacy. You are merely assuming that we were designed. When infact there is no proof what so ever to point out that we were infact designed. When you have actual evidence that shows that we were designed, rather than saying "Oh, this is too complex to have just been an accident" And assuming that we were designed, then you will be allowed to argue intelligent design. Untill then.. I imagine that would be a matter you would like to stop talking about.

You're using an awful lot of Arguement from Authority fallacies. You keep listing all of these people but what do you know personally? What have you learned personally? Just because these "World-renown" Creationists, or these people with big-fancy books say what you support, does not make it true.

   

Quote:

Lux wrote:

Get a life, dude. I love how all atheists have the same capacity for debate. 

I love how you came here with the full intentions of NOT having an intelligent debate, of accusing people you don't even know of idiocy, with the hidden intent of "showing RRS to be a bunch of fools", and of insulting people using the petty insult "Get a life" when you are the one who started this BS arguement.

Quote:

Lux wrote:

I brought up Ken miller because you say that evolution removes any need for a designer

Evolution does remove the need for a designer because it is not the Designer who gives each developing species it's traits. It's the environment in which the species is in. The species acquires traits, one or two new genes each generation that get passed on each time through reproduction and eventually pile up enough to form the new species FROM the environment in which it is in. Of course these are random mutations. You have to understand that not only do they get good traits, they get bad traits as well.

Quote:

Lux wrote:

We believe in the SAME God as Muslims.

And yet, Muslims kill anyone who converts to christianity in the middle east and Christians try to debunk Islam.

 

Quote:

Lux wrote:

the kids are starting to act like savages because of it.

Says the one who denies homosexuals their rights simply because of their orientation. Say the one who denies others simply because of their views and beliefs. Says the one who has a religion that is responsible for countless deaths over the past 2000 years simply because the people did not have that same religion. Says the one who goes onto websites and starts arguements with psuedologic and gets owned by a 16 year old. 

 

"Why would God send his only son to die an agonizing death to redeem an insignificant bit of carbon?"-Victor J. Stenger.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Lux wrote: WOW! you said a

Lux wrote:
WOW! you said a whole lot of nothing! sorry about your ww2 friend. I never said ALL atheists are teens, did I. Sapient and his goons are targeting teens, you want them to think for themselves but you don'[t want them to believe in God either? this makes sense to you. Also, you little quotes are a little something you people call "appeal to authority" if we can't do it, neither can you.

Did anyone here say theists didnt have the right to target youth? Anyone? Beuler........Beuler.......Anyone?

Hello McFly!

What are you afraid of compitition? Afraid logic will expose the man behind the curtain and someday humans wont need santa for adults? Pitty, that would take away the power scam religion sells wouldnt it? You'd have no one to boss around would you?

You accused us of targeting teens. So? You think it is ok for youth to be indocrinated to the point of having tunnel vision? If you dont, then shouldnt they be exposed to even thoughts and ideas of every position?

You know nothing about the people here or who they are are what they want for humanity. You are simply frightened that someone doesnt believe what you do.

We are not going to create a legion of orgy loving debachery loving Rebel teens. We'd merely like to see people not buy everything that comes down the pike merely because it is popular.

Religion on the other hand teaches to obey. That sets kids up to never question, which can and has led to worship of tyrants like Hitler and theocracies like Iran.

No one here, especially the parents here, are going to refuse to teach their children about religion. And I would say with the utmost confidence that most here, and I cant speak for all, certainly would not disown their child if they decided for themselves that they did believe in some sort of deity.

So please spare us the blanket Weekly World News stereotype that somehow the world is going to be more evil if atheists have more club members than theists someday.

 You just cant stand the thought of your cheerleading club not being the world's alpha male. But we certainly are not going to let you get away with insulting us with the stupid and pathetic charge that targeting teens is a bad thing.

You think individuality is bad? You think self examination is bad? You think testing claims is bad?  

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Keeps posting bullshit.

Keeps posting bullshit. There is no such thing as microevolution and macroevolution - these are fake concepts made up by creationists. Biologists don't use the terms. The 1st cause argument is bullshit because if everything needs a cause, then so does god. If God can be the first cause so can the universe itself.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team