Questions about God... theists answer these!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Questions about God... theists answer these!

List of questions about God, religion and the supernatural have been compiled by IG over the years as well as some interesting ones by readers.

1. If Jesus fulfilled all the OT prophecies so well, why didn't the Jews recognize him as the messiah? - Francois Tremblay

2. If Gen 3:24 is true, why hasn't anyone found the Cherubims and the " flaming sword which turned every way"?

3. It's been proven that modern humans originated from Africa. Yet, the Adam and Eve story claims the first Humans lived in a garden in Eden, near 4 rivers. ( Most of which no one can find). One of these rivers mentioned is the Euphrates, which runs through Iraq, Syria and a portion of Turkey. What's the truth? Did man come out of Africa or near the Euphrates River? - The Infidel Guy

4. When the believer gets to Heaven, how can Heaven be utter bliss when people they love and care about are burning in Hell ? - The Infidel Guy - [Note: Some say God erases your memories of them, but if God erases your memory, you as Mr. Joe /Jane Smoe ceases to exist.]

5. How can a God have emotions, i.e. jealousy, anger, sadness, love, etc., if he is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent? Emotional states are reactionary for the most part. How can God react to us if he is all-knowing and has a divine plan? - IG [Note: Indeed, many religious texts display their gods this way . Listen to the An Emotional Godshow.]
6. Why would God create a place such as hell to torture sinners forever when he foreknew who would disappoint him? - IG [Note: Some say you have a choice, but this misses the point. If God hates sin so much, why create Adam and Eve when he knew they'd sin? The only conclusion I can come up with, if Yaweh exists, is that he wanted sin to enter the world.]

7. "God is all merciful," we hear quite often. Wouldn't it be more merciful of God to simply snap sinners out of existence rather than send them to hell? Or better yet, since he's all-knowing, not allow them to be born at all? - IG
ON GOD'S LOVE & HELL
1.) God's love is superlative.
2.) God's love of man exceeds man's love of self.
3.) Man's love of self prohibits torture.
4.) Considering God's greater love for us, Hell (eternal torture) is illogical.

8. Muslims are supposed to pray 5 times a day towards Mecca. Each prayer includes a variety of ritualism and posturing. If a muslim astronaut were to land on Mars. Prayer to Mecca would be ritualistically impossible due to the rotation of Earth and Mars. Are Muslims stuck here in Earth? IG [Note: Since this was first posted, a Muslim astronaut was faced with this very dilemma. The authoritative clergy informed him to pray as he normally would. I see this no where in the Koran. You see? Religions must change, or die out. It's interesting to note that, in the Koran, the moon is believed to be in the lowest Heaven, the level for those that barely made it to Heaven. Surah 71:15-16. One problem, no man can supposedly get to Heaven until they die. Yet, we've been to the moon. Our satellites beyond that.]

9. Why haven't we seen God reattach severed heads, restore someone who was burned alive or regrow amputated limbs? Surely these would be miracles difficult to deny. - Adam Majors and IG [Note: The typical answer is that man doesn't dictate God's actions. The conundrum here however is that, if God wants us to "know" him, then surely feats such as those mentioned above would be happening all over the world. Until they do, I'll remain an atheist.]

10. Why does God entrust the spreading of 'His' word to sinners? Why doesn't he do it himself? - IG [Note: Surely God would have known that not everyone would be convinced by the reality[sic] of his Bible. If God loves us so much, we are all going to Heaven. If God knew that I would be an atheist, and he doesn't like atheists, he shouldn't have allowed me to come into existence. But he did. Therefore, I must be serving the will of God, for I exist. Smiling]

11. In II Kings 2-23/24 we read about God sending 2 she-bears to attack children for calling the prophet Elisa bald, which he was, the bears killed 42 of the children. Was this a good thing to do? -- Brandon and IG[Note: I have heard some argue that the boys were a gang. So?! I didn't read anywhere in that passage where they laid a finger on the guy . Also, what kind of bears are these that can kill 42 kids? Super Bears? Surely the kids had to be running away.]

12. I have often heard from many believers that even Satan has a presence in the church, which is why even in church people can still have impure thoughts. If Satan can find his way in the church, how do Christians know that Satan didn't find his way into the Bible and twist the whole book? After all, men did vote on which books would make the Holy Bible. - The Infidel Guy

13. Why did God allow Lot and his daughters to escape from Sodom and Gomorra when he destroyed it only to later have Lot and his daughters engage in incestuous fornication. (Genesis 19:30-36) - Disillusioned [Note: To have intercourse with daddy dearest of course.]

14. Genesis 1:28-29 shows that man and all the animals were first created herbivorous. Most young-earth Christians (ones that believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old) say that the fall of man resulted in carnivorous animals ( hence death of animals). So, why did God punish the animal kingdom, making animals kill and devour each other because of man's mistake? Or, if you're an old-earth Christian (one that accepts that animals existed on earth for billions of years before man came on the scene) then how come fossils show carnivorous animals existed before man? - http://www.caseagainstfaith.com/contact.htm.

15. Many Christians believe that God is a thinking being, that he solves problems and makes a way for them when troubles come. Does God Think? If God is thinking, did he know his thoughts before he thought them? If so, again, where is his freewill and how is God thinking at all if everything seems to be one uncontrollable action/thoughts. - The Infidel Guy [Note: I'd say a God cannot think at all. To do so, would strip him of omniscience. Thinking is a temporal process.] ON GOD'S ATEMPORALITY
1.) God, an atemporal being, created the Universe.
2.) Creation is a temporal processes because X cannot cause Y to come into being unless X existed temporally prior to Y.
3.) If God existed prior to the creation of the Universe he is a temporal being.
4.) Since God is atemporal, God cannot be the creator the Universe.
[Note: I guess I should also note here that a timeless being would be without the proposition of past, and future. But to be omniscient, God must know the past and future. Hence a God that is atemporal and omniscient cannot logically exist. Smiling]

16. I have often heard that faith is all that is neccessary to believe in God and accept the Bible as true. If this is true aren't all supernatural beliefs true since they also require "faith"? - IG ON FAITH
1.) A prerequisite to believe in a Faith is faith.
2.) Having faith is all that is required to accept a Faith (belief) as true.
3.) All Faiths are true.
[Note: Of course all Faiths aren`t true, but this is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn from a person that states that, "Faith" is how one knows God.]

17. Why didn't God just kill Adam and Eve after the Fall and start from scratch? Actually, if God is all-knowing wouldn't he know that man would need to be killed eventually anyway, (the biblical flood)? Why create Adam and Eve at all? - and ON THE GARDEN OF EDEN
1.) God is omniscient (all-knowing).
2.) God knew that before he created man that they would eat of the tree of knowledge.
3.) God placed the tree of knowledge in the Garden anyway.
4.) God wanted sin to enter the world.
[Note: If God didn`t want sin to enter the world, why create Adam and Eve at all? He knew what would happen. Why place the forbidden trees in the Garden in the first place?]

18. If a spirit is non-physical but the human body is physical, how does a spirit stay in our bodies? - IG ON SPIRITS
1.) Spirits are not physical entities.
2.) Brains are physical entities.
3.) Past experiences are stored in our physical brains, we call that, Memory..
4.) Injury can damage portions of the physical brain that store memory and can alter or erase memories completely.
5.) If human spirits exist... after death, spirits can have no memory.
[Note: Some will say the spirit stores physical memories as well, but if true, the spirit would have to be physical at least to a degree. How could a non-physical spirit store, physical memories?]

19. Does God know his own future decisions? If God is all-knowing he actually shouldn't have any decisions to make at all. Nor can he choose anything over something else. For that would mean that he is neither omniscient nor omnipotent. In fact, he can't even think if this is the case. Since he can't DO anything, he might as well not exist. - IG ON GOD'S IMMUTABILITY - Unchangingness
1. If God exists, then he is immutable.
2. If God exists, then he is the creator of the universe.
3. An immutable being cannot at one time have an intention and then at a later time not have that intention.
4. For any being to create anything, prior to the creation he must have had the intention to create it, but at a later time, after the creation, no longer have the intention to create it.
5. Thus, it is impossible for an immutable being to have created anything (from 3 and 4).
6. Therefore, it is impossible for God to exist (from 1, 2, and 5) - Theodore M. Drange

20. If God is all-knowing, how could he be disappointed in His creation? -- [Note: Indeed, wouldn't God know that before the creation of our Universe what creatures would disappoint him? That being the case why create those creatures at all? Also, in knowing absolutely the behavior of humans before creation, God cannot be disappointed either... for this world is exactly as he has planned it to be. If it's not, why create us at all?]

21. God struck down the Tower of Babel angry at the intent of the people that built them, if this is the case, many of the great pyramids ( which are bigger than any ziggurat) around the world should be rubble also, yet many still stand today. Were not the Egyptians and many other ancient pyramid builders reaching toward God /The Heavens? - IG [Note: In actuality, many of the Pharaoh's believed that, via their pyramids, they would become God's themselves.]

22. In the watchmaker analogy, a watch is used to show us intelligent design and compares that to the Universe as evidence of design. We know watches are designed because we have past experience with watches, as well as with other man made objects. My question is: What Universe is the Intelligent Design proponent using to compare this Universe with to draw such an analogy? What God did he see create a Universe? - IG

23. Why did God flood the earth to remove evil? It didn't work! Evil came right back, God should have known that would happen! So why did He bother? - PhineasBg [Note: A good example of how quickly sin returned, was Noah getting drunk just after they discovered land.]

24. If the garden of Eden was a perfect paradise as xians claim, then why did Eve even want to eat the fruit? Wouldn't a perfect place provide everything a person would want or desire and thus she would want nothing? - keyser soze [Note: Why were the trees there in the first place? Of course they love to throw the serpent into the equation. But ummm..who let the serpent into the Garden?... and why would God create such a creature knowing he would cause man's fall? Hmm.. God must have wanted the fall to happen.]

25. Why would an all-powerful god become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself. Couldn't god, in his infinite wisdom, come up with something a little more efficient? - ON THE BODY OF CHRIST
1.) God?s flesh was known as Jesus.
2.) Flesh cannot enter into Heaven (according to Paul)
3.) God is no longer Jesus.
4.) Jesus doesn?t exist.

(Note: Many at this point will state that the spirit lives on so therefore Jesus lives. This really depends on what you believe about Jesus. Is Jesus the son of God or God in flesh? If Jesus is merely the son there is no problem.However, if Jesus ?is? God himself, we do. You see, Jesus is called Jesus because of the attribute of Flesh. If Jesus = God (who is spirit) then the entity known as Jesus ceases to exist. The flesh/body of Jesus, no longer exists and the spirit of God is still the unchanging spirit of God. No Jesus at that point. The Flesh, called Jesus, is dead.)

26. After 9/11 a lot of people have been tossing around " god bless america". Why do they keep saying this? From the looks of it god hasn't blessed anything. If god had blessed america, the 9/11 event would've never happened. Theists seem to give the answer of "everything is part of gods big plan". If everything is part of gods big plan, why are we after Bin Laden? Wasn't he and other terrorists just carrying out gods desired plan? So it seems that Bin Laden/ terrorism isnt our enemy, but god . - [Note: Unfortunately many religious nuts believe they are fulfilling their God's plan by going to war.]

27. Christians say that God is NOT the author of confusion. Can you say, Tower of Babel? - The Screaming Monkeys

28. If Noah's flood supposedly covered the earth for a year, regardless of whether or not all the animals could fit on the ark, what the heck happened to all the plants? Can you imagine a cactus surviving under 4 miles of water for a year? I can't either! - Kyle Giblet [Note: With God all things are possible. Oh wait, except in Judges 1:19.]

29. The highest rainfall ever recorded in a 24 hour period was 47inches in the Reunion Islands in 1947 (during a severe tropical storm). To cover the whole earth to a depth of 5.6 miles, and cover the mountain tops (i.e. Mount Everest), it would need to rain at a rate of 372 (three hundred and seventy two) inches per hour, over the entire surface of the earth. Can rain fall at such an astronomical rate? Where did all the water come from?? Where did it all go to??? And would not the dynamics of the earth be so out of balance (tides etc.) that the earth would become so unstable that it would wobble off into outer space???? -

30. What do Muslim women get in Paradise? - IG [Note: Some Muslims I have interviewed about this say that Muslim women will get the same thing men get or equal value. Smiling Oh really? So Muslim women will get 72 virgin men? lol. If Muslim men get 72 virgins, where are all these virgin women coming from? What of their freewill? Is Allah creating these women to be slaves to the men in Paradise?]

31. In the "Last Days" Jesus is supposed to appear in the clouds. How are the Christians on the opposite end of the world going to see him? Are there going to be millions of Jesus'? What about people that work underground? What about people in deep space? -

32. The Bible says that God is a jealous God . How is this an example of a moral absolute of which man is supposed to follow? - IG ON GOD`S JEALOUSY
1.) "God is love." 1 John 4:8.
2.) "Love is not jealous." 1 Cor 13:4
3.) "I, the Lord thy God, am a jealous God." Exodus 20:5.
4.) The Christian god cannot logically exist.
(NOte: Basically love is NOT jealous, yet god is jealous, then God can`t be love. But if god IS love he cannot be jealous. Be he is.)

33. A true Muslim man is not supposed to do anything that the prophet Muhammad didn't do. If one remembers there was a big debate over whether or not Muslims should eat Mangos. If this is true, why in the Hell were these Islamic Fundamentalists flying airplanes? - IG

34. If the earth was covered by a complete global flood, every living creature killed except those surviving on the ark, why are there many completely unique animal species in Australia that are found no where else indigenously on the earth? -

35. If god is omniscient and " god is love," why would he allow a child to be conceived, knowing that that child would one day reject him and spend eternity burning in a lake of fire?- TiredTurkeyProd

36. Revelations is supposed to take place on Earth. What if we colonize the moon or Mars or inhabit a self-sustaining space station? Do we escape "judgement"? -- Ray Sommers [Note: No we don't Ray... and of course we all know that if there is any intelligent life out there besides us, they are all going to Hell too. Eye-wink]

37. Isaiah 40:28 says, "...the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is he weary?" If this is true, why did God rest on the seventh day?- IG

38. Everytime I go to a funeral the preacher and guests always say that " God " has called that person to Heaven or they say, " God said it was time to come home", or some such variation. If God is calling these people "home", why are we putting the murderers of these victims in prison? How can we punish a man or woman for doing God's will? - IG

39. Does God have a gender? In most churches, God is predominately referred to as a "he"? - IG [Note: The Bible says God is male, but what does this mean? Does God have a penis? Does he have hormones that dictate his gender? Smiling]

40. Why can't we wait until we get to Heaven to worship God ? Why would it be too late? - IG

41. What is the purpose of prayer? What can a finite being on Earth possibly tell an omnipotent, omniscient deity that he doesn't know already? - IG ON PRAYER
1.) Humans can?t change God?s mind for he has a divine plan and is unchangeable.
2.) Prayer can't change God's mind.
3.) Prayer doesn't change anything.
(Prayer may make you feel better emotionally, but it doesn`t change God`s mind.)

42. Some say Jesus was the all-knowing God. Jesus would have known then that when he died he'd be in heaven in less than 3 days to rule. If Jesus is alive and ruling today, what did he sacrifice? -- Cyndy Hammond

43. God knows that men are sinners, untrustworthy and evil, why does God leave it up to fallible man (clergy..etc) to teach others about his word? Why would he put our eternal souls at risk if he loves us so much? - The Infidel Guy and Danno778

44. Did Adam have nipples? If so, how did he acquire them? In fact, why would God give "later man" nipples at all? They serve no purpose other than lactation. Some say pleasure. Where is that in Genesis exactly? All mammals have nipples as well, are theirs pleasureful for them too? Many men don't find their nipples pleasurable at all. - IG

45. How did Adam and Eve know it was wrong to disobey God if they hadn't eaten of the tree of knowledge (of good and evil) yet? You can't blame them if they didn't know. - IG

46. If God has such a tremendous problem with uncircumcised penises, why did he make man with foreskin in the first place? - IG [Note: Some say, "So God can recognize his chosen people." Recognize? Is God so stupid that he has to physically look at men's penises? If not God, do other men need to? lol.]

47. Did Noah have fish onboard? Salt or Fresh? Since fresh water fish would die in salt, and salt water fish would die in fresh, only one type of fish would survive. Yet....?" - Frank Monaco

48. Why does the omnipotent, omnipresent God need help from man or angels to spread his word or do acts? - IG [Note: Some say God doesn't need help. But apparently he does.] - IG

49. How did Jesus ascend to Heaven in the Flesh when Paul says that flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of Heaven? (1 Cor.15:50) - IG [Note: Some say, well Paul said that and not Jesus. Yet they quote Paul when it suits there purposes.]

50. If God wants us to live right and choose "the good," why did he create evil? (Isaiah 45:6,7) Not to mention he already knows which people are not going to choose "the good" so why create those people in the first place? It seems that many people are born to go to Hell. - IG ON HELL
1.) God is all-knowing.
2.) Before I was born God knew I wouldn?t believe in him.
3.) I was born to go to Hell.
(Sure you may say I have a choice, but I think I`ve proven already that I really don`t. I`m simply fulfilling the will of God by being an atheist aren`t I? If I`m not, I shouldn`t exist: For God would have known that before I was created that I wouldn`t believe in him.)

51. I hear Christians all the time speaking of a spiritual war between Heaven and Hell, if this is true does God have limitations of power? Man only conducts wars because of our limitations of power and foresight. God has both all-power and all-knowledge, no reason for war of any kind. - IG

52. The Bible is full of phrases beginning with, "and the lord saw". Didn't he know before hand? - IG

53. How can a psychologist condone belief in something not proven to exist, when people are put into mental institutions on a daily basis for the same thing? i.e. aliens, fairies, imaginary people (Multiple Personality Disorders..)? - Dan Denton [Note: I'm sure that some of the pious believe that they are improperly placed there as well Dan. Smiling]

54. If Christians say they know God exists and that he will work miracles, what do they need faith for? Faith is not knowing. - IG

55. Brain, or shall I say, body transplants, will eventually be possible, where would the soul be then? Where is the soul? - IG

56. If God really wants us to know him, why doesn't he place the knowledge of him in our minds at birth? The same way many theists believe that God implants our sense of right and wrong in us a right birth. - IG

57. If God was Jesus' father (not Joseph), then why is Jesus' family tree traced through Joseph? -- Cyndy Hammond

58. What image of God was man made from? Couldn't have been a moral one or physical one. - IG [Note: One would suspect that an image of God would be perfect and cannot sin. Oops.]

59. Why can't God appear before everyone at the same time? Everyone in the world would then "know" he exists and not have solely "believe". And please, don't say he already tried that. Surely a God knows exactly what to do to convince a measly human of his existence. - IG

60. According to the New Testament Matthew 5:17 says "Do not suppose that I have come to abolish the Law and the prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to complete. I tell you this: so long as heaven and earth endure, not a letter, not a stroke, will disappear from the Law until all that must happen has Happened." So since Jesus has not returned the "Law" is still in effect, so why aren't we still burning witches, stoning adulterers and disobedient children, killing homosexuals, ostracizing people that work on the Sabbath (nurses, doctors etc.), flinging blood onto the horns of the alter, pulling off the heads of small birds, and don't forget human sacrifice to God (Leviticus 27 P.28 )? -- Sheila L. Chambers

61. If there is freewill in Heaven yet everyone has chosen good and is happy, isn't that proof that God could have made us with freewill, choosing good ( God ) and still being happy on Earth? - Dennis Hendrix [Note: In other words, evil didn't have to exist after all. Hey wait, even in Heaven apparently, evil can exist. At least for a short while. Satan became evil and was in heaven. Apparently he even had enough time to form an Army against God. Wow. Maybe Heaven won't be as peaceful as many believe.]

62. Why does God have a plan? Man is limited in power so we make plans because we are not all-knowing nor all-powerful. If God has a plan, isn't he reduced to a mere finite being? - IG

63. How could the all-merciful/loving God watch billions of his children burn over and over again for eternity? - IG [Note: Of course this is geared to those that believe in a fiery hell. I am well aware that not all Christians believe in a fiery Hell.]

64. Before reading and writing were invented (5000BC), on what basis did God use to judge the people who died before the Hebrew and Greek text (BIBLE) were written? -- [Note: They are all roasting in Hell. Smiling]

65. Many Christians tell me that I will "burn in hell". If I have a soul, how can a soul burn? Aren't souls non-physical entities? - IG [Note: Some Christians groups believe that you will be given new bodies after judgement. However, if true, what's the significance of a spirit in the first place?]

66. How can one hold to the barbaric belief that something has to DIE in order to appease a god for a bad deed? -- Nickolaus Wing [Note: Because an old book says so Nick.]

67. Why does SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) occur? Why would God allow a baby to live for such a short period of time? Why not just let them not be born in the first place? -- Terry Clark [Note: This actually happened to a friend of mine. Not even God himself could console her.]

68. If Jesus was nailed and died on Friday evening, and walked out of the tomb on Sunday morning, where's the 3rd NIGHT he predicted? Per Matthew 12:40: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. -

69. Many Christians claim that hell is merely existence outside of God ?s presence (C.S. Lewis among others). If this is the case, then Jesus could not have descended into hell (being God Himself). As a result, are you sure your sins are forgiven? - Byron Bultsma

70. Ten to twenty percent of all women who discover they are pregnant suffer a miscarriage. Also, it is estimated that anywhere from 14 to 50 percent of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Seeing this is all part of God 's plan, does this make God the world's number one abortion provider? - Jim

71. What if, when you get to Heaven, you saw God causing pain and suffering out of anger or for the purpose of entertaining himself. What if he required people in heaven to praise and worship him non-stop even to the point of causing his worshipers discomfort, pain and boredom. What if, when he was bored, angry, or jealous, he would create natural disasters to make himself feel better. Would you still follow him? - Fernando [Note: Of course they would Fernando, many people followed Hitler out of fear as well.]

72. In Leviticus, the bible condemns homosexuality as an "abomination", giving some Christians a reason to hate, harass, torture and kill gays and even picket their funderals with " God hates fags" signs. In the same book of the bible the eating of shellfish is equally an "abomination". Are these Christians planning to go after the patrons of Red Lobster next? - [Note: hee-hee, that's all I can say. Jewish Law states that eating Fish without scales is an abomination and thus the Shark is one among the list. However, sharks do have scales, Placoid scales, one of the many reasons why a shark is called a Fish .]

73. Christians will tell you that if a baby dies it goes to heaven. Why then are they so against abortion? All the child is being deprived of is the opportunity to go to hell. Either that or god expects unborn fetuses to accept Jesus. -

74. If one could prove to you incontrovertibly that Jesus and God were all human fabrications would still believe? And why? - LOGICnREASON [Note: If you say yes. Then you are not concerned with the truth, you simply WANT to believe; and if you WANT to believe, indeed, there is nothing anyone can tell you..]

75. It is often said that God allows evil because one could not meaningfully appreciate good without experiencing its opposite. Why is it necessary to experience the opposite of something in order to appreciate it? Must I experience death in order to meaningfully appreciate life? -excidius

76. Bible literalists want you to believe that God's Word in the Bible is meant to be taken literally. If this is the case, why was Jesus fond of explaining things in parable and metaphor? Was Jesus literally discussing the biology of mustard seeds, or was the mustard seed parable meant to be interpreted figuratively as faith? -excidius

77. Liberal Christians say some parts of the Bible are literally true, but much else is to be interpreted figuratively as allegory. How do you know which is which? What distinguishing criteria are used? How can you be certain "God" is a literal and not a figurative concept? -excidius

78. Consciousness is the result of a physical brain, how could God being metaphysical be said to be conscious or sentient without having a brain? - Mindless

79. Considering how Leviticus is considered old law, and that Christians do not obey it anymore, why do they always use it to defend homosexuality being an "abomination"? -Bohorquez

80. If God is omnipotent and he has a plan ... then why did he not create the universe as it will be one second after the plan has succeeded? Who or what prevented him from doing that? - Timothy Campbell (http://www.tc123.com)

81. The large majority of people who have ever existed could not have learned of the Bible or Jesus Christ. And many people afterwards have found other religions or no religion at all to be more convincing, sometimes while being very virtuous. Do all these people really deserve eternal torment because of that? -- lpetrich

82. The above arguments also apply among different sects of Christianity, many of which state that most others are not True Christianity. -- lpetrich

83. Is it reasonable for the Creator and Ruler of such a vast Universe to be preoccupied with the sexuality of a species living on a tiny little planet? -- lpetrich

84. If the Christian god was all loving and all knowing why did he let religious figures such as Mohammed or Gautama Budda be born, knowing that they would mislead people from the 'true' faith and trick the majority of the world's population into burning forever in hell (in fact, if Islam didn't start, most of the middle east would probably be Christian). It would simple to use the Holy Spirit to guide them to Jesus and spread the 'true' faith. If the Holy Spirit exits, it certainly isn't doing it's job!

85. If one is obliged to follow all the teachings of the bible then why is engaging in homosexuality or adultery any worse than "suffering a witch to live", "muzzling the ox that treadeth the corn", "reaping the corners of thy field", "marring the corners of they beard", "plowing with an oxen and an ass", "hating thy brother in thy heart" or "eating frogs, shellfish and eels" ?

86. Exactly how did the alleged worldwide flood kill off all the world's sea creatures? How does one go about drowning a fish? -- Steever

87. Why did this alleged god create humans as an animal form of life that gets sick and dies and experiences pain and has a limited mind when 'it' could have created humans as a form of pure energy or of some indestructible material or whatever, and was totally ?sinless? and had ?pure? thought? If a god was omnipotent 'it' could have easily have done this. --AI

88. If a god is omnipotent how did 'it' fail to foresee that Satan would turn against 'it'? --AI

89. What is a god supposedly made of? --AI

This list was compiled by the Infidel Guy with submissions from many members of the atheist community.

PICK THE QUESTION YOU WANT TO ANSWER, AND POST IT HERE...

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Adam T. (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
The Answers... sort of.

I'll answer as many as I can.  Doesn't mean they will be good answers.

1. Maybe they didn't like the beard-moustache combo.

2. You assume every theist believes everything in the bible, Koran, or whatever Jews have is true.

3. Maybe Adam and Eve were first, but since they srewed up so God tried again.(That's probably what He did with Earth.)

4. Who says they went to Hell?  Even if they did you get over it eventually.  Everyone has had loved ones die, it's just like that.

5. Does it say that in the Bible?  That's like saying Cinderella and Snow White really happened.

6. I've always believed in free will.  I've never believed in destiny, fate, karma, or anything like that.

7. I think Hell is like prison, only the worst stay forever.  Most people will be purged and then sent on up.

8. I don't think so, they just need to pray in the general direction of earth and God will get the message.

9. That's not God job, to fix everyone's problem.  Besides it's faith, blind faith maybe but still you just need to believe.

10. Somebody's gotta do it, plus I don't think He's an attention whore.

11. Super Bears to rescue!  Or maybe not.  Again it doesn't mean it happen, it could just be a made-up story.

12. Like the super bears may be the work of Satan! Dun dun Dun!!!!  They don't, they just need to be good to others.

13. Maybe he thought it would be funny. Just kidding.  My answer to 6 answers a lot of these questions.

14. I've always believed in evolution, just that God kicked it off.  I believe the silly belief that God has always been.

15. I think God can think, but doesn't know His thoughts before He thinks them.

16. Probably not all superstions, but if you don't believe in God then where did all life come from.  You should see that Ben Stein movie Expelled.

17. Who says he didn't let them die.  I don't think the future is set in stone so maybe He didn't know.  WHAT!?!?!?!  I don't think He know the future.

18. Maybe it doesn't come out until we die and it's the etheral manifestation(big words) of our experiences and memories.

19. The future is always changing.  God knows all the past and present, but the future is hazy.

20. Same as 19.  You ask the same questions just worded differently it seems.

21. He took down the tower?  Are you sure it wasn't some bad weather or shoddy craftsmanship?

22. Maybe He made it up.  Haven't you ever made up something completely original before?

23. Maybe the Earth just needed a good wash.

24. Maybe she wanted to try something new.

25. Jesus wasn't God.  He was just some dude trying to spread some good.

26. You're directing these questions to hardcore theists and not the ones who just believe in God, aren't ya?

27.What?

28. Maybe God gave them a snorkel and diving gear.

29. I betcha Goldilocks and the 3 bears took care of it.

30. They get whatever in the hell they want.

31. Maybe everyone sees him in their mind's eye.

32. Be he is be what he be!(What?)  I don't believe God is jealous regardless of what some old book says.

33. Maybe they meant doing the bad things.

34. Maybe they evolved from the fish in the water.

35. Dance the Dance that Needs No Pants, I already answered that one!

36. Maybe God sends everyone back to Earth an then it happens.

37. Because the Yankees were playing the Red Soxs.

38. Just because people say it doesn't mean it's true.  I could say that koalas are planning world domination, doesn't mean it's true.(Or does it?)

39. Go find Him and we'll dissect Him then we'll all know.  I believe He's a guy.

40. Are you so busy you can't take two seconds to say praise God?

41.Maybe that is point, to make you feel better.  You do it just let God know you're there even if He already knows.

42. Again Jesus was just a cool guy.

43. He hopes we're smart enough to know better and do right.

44. Maybe he thought it would be funny.

45. Generally speaking it is wrong to disobey who ever created you.

46. I didn't know that was a problem.

47. Maybe Hansel Took fresh and Gretal took salt.

48. Because he doesn't like intervening.

49. Again with this question?  Jesus was just a guy.

50. Why do you keep asking the same questions(or posting them whatever)?  He just let's people be.

51. Maybe he let's it go on to fill up his schedule and a good excuse to not do something("I would but I got this war with Hell going on...&quotEye-wink.

52. I never read the bible so I don't know.

53. Because they don't run around with no pants on screaming God is messing with their head?

54. Maybe because he will work miracles, just not yet.

55. Wouldn't you be dead with the death of your brain.  If so I would think you soul would move on.  Unless they can transplant your thoughts.

56. He wants us willingly believe in Him, not force it upon us.

57. Even though Jesus wasn't the son of God, they was nobody before God so it would be really short.

58. How do you know God doesn't look human?  I think of Him as a black guy.  I'm Mexican-American by the way.

59. Because it is faith not fact.

60. Sure because that's what God wants!

61. I already answered the free will question.

62. Same question, different words.

63. Prison man, prison. Question 7.

64. One whether they were good people in life or not.

65. If it was regular fire it wouldn't matter, but it is fancy soul burning fire, made by the folks who made the soul rack and soul whip.

66. I've never heard that.  I thought that was just a human thing.

67. It's just bad luck really.

68. Maybe they were counting Friday.  Does it really matter?

69. Well I'm not many Christians so I don't think so.

70. Still with the destiny thing huh?  Bad luck and doing stuff you shouldn't of.

71. Well if you think that is how God is that's your problem.  I don't think it will ever happen so I don't care.

72. Who says you have to follow the bible to a t?

73. I don't know.  Maybe because they want the baby to have a chance to decide on it's own.

74. I would because it couldn't hurt.  What do I have to lose?

75. You can't pleasure without pain man.

76. He wanted to sound cool.

77. You can't be certain you just have to believe.

78. Be He's God! He freakin' rules!(not in the dictator sense)

79. I don't know why do they what they do.  Maybe because it all comes from the same guy.

80. Maybe he just wants to watch it play out.

81. I don't think so, but I'm different.

82. Same thing.

83. He can do it all beacuse He's all-powerful, although I don't think He actually cares much.

84. Maybe because they professed good stuff.

85. Same answer as 72.

86. Why would the fish need to die?  Were they naughty little fish?

87. Maybe because it would of been boring and dumb.

88. Because I already said God doesn't know the future.

89. If I told you, it would blow your freaking mind!  I don't know, stuff.  Why do you need to know?

Most of these are just my beliefs and opinions, but that's what this site is about it seems.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Question 13

First of all it took me about three hours to correct the grammar and spelling of this post. That was in order for me to make heads or tails of these 89 questions. If you are earnest in wanting informed Christians to be able to answer these questions then perhaps you might consider using spell check on Microsoft word and utilizing the English language to make sense of these probing questions. If you are using the ‘I am too intelligent to believe in the existence of God’ line of reasoning then perhaps your spelling and grammar should reflect this argument.

 

Note: The above is my correction via spell check. It was not originally posted in as coherent English as what you are seeing above.

 

Genesis 19:30-36
Lot and His Daughters

 30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Lets get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."

 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab [g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi [h]; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

In order to truly have this discussion we will need to be equally as well informed on the issue of free will and why God choose to allot us our freedom to choose. Any investigation into Christianity will lead us to thoroughly examine our key role in the fall of man. Lot was unconscious when his daughters molested him.

Genesis 18:16-33:


Abraham Pleads for Sodom

 

16 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. 17 Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."

 20 Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

 22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. [e] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare [f] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge [g] of all the earth do right?"

 26 The LORD said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."

 27 Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, 28 what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city because of five people?"
      "If I find forty-five there," he said, "I will not destroy it."

 29 Once again he spoke to him, "What if only forty are found there?"
      He said, "For the sake of forty, I will not do it."

 30 Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?"
      He answered, "I will not do it if I find thirty there."

 31 Abraham said, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?"
      He said, "For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it."

 32 Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"
      He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."

 33 When the LORD had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

God goes from 50 people who have remained righteous down to ten. If you ask me the number here is arbitrary, in so far as God does not want to have to destroy the nation of Sodom and Gomorrah, except that they have rebelled against His holiness continuously. God has given all of us the free will to choose to repent.

1re·pent

Pronunciation:

\ri-ˈpent\

Function:

Verb

Etymology:

Middle English, from Anglo-French repentir, from Medieval Latin repoenitēre, from Latin re- + Late Latin poenitēre to feel regret, alteration of Latin paenitēre — more at penitent

Date:

14th century

Intransitive verb1: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life. 2 a: to feel regret or contrition b: to change one's mind transitive verb1: to cause to feel regret or contrition2: to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for.

 Let’s face it God could not be more patient than He is. Obviously God’s patience with humanity surpasses our finite understanding. Indeed we have no understanding without God’s reasoning powers.

How is your attention span? Do you care to study thoroughly what you rally against?

{fixed aiia}

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Answering the Questions with Questions

Actually answering a question with a question is a way to provoke further forward thinking from the person asking the question. Bottom line is on one hand you claim to want to be a free thinking individual and on the other hand you sit back smugly begging those who seek the Light to answer those intensely probing questions for you and then furnish the answers for you. If it has been six years apparently you have remained closed-minded and have refused to subscribe to anything but your library of very limited paragraphs that help you to formulate your 'cruel worldview'.

If you are depending on the likes of Friedrich Nietzche to help you frame your ideals I feel that you might want to further examine what became of Nietzche:

Commentators have frequently diagnosed a syphilitic infection as the cause of the illness. While most commentators regard Nietzsche's breakdown as unrelated to his philosophy, some, including Georges Bataille and René Girard, argue that his breakdown may have been caused by a psychological maladjustment brought on by his philosophy.[22][23] At least one study has suggested that brain cancer (rather than syphilis) led to his breakdown and killed him;[24] others have classified Nietzsche's "madness" as frontotemporal dementia.[25]

Friedrich Nietzsche was not of a sound mind whatsoever! It didn't arise from his struggle to come to terms with his pure-heartedness in a world that is exceedingly wicked either, like that of Kafka. Kafka was always in his right mind, in fact so much so that is why he was known to suffer from the nightmare of reason as it were. Nietzsche is certainly a subscriber to the survival of the fittest theory which fuels social darwinism, which has been used to justify the Holocaust in Nazi Germany.

Criticisms and controversies

Some pre-twentieth century doctrines subsequently described as social Darwinism appear to anticipate eugenics (despite the fact that Darwin did not advocate eugenic policies[11]) and the race doctrines of Nazism. Critics have frequently linked evolution, Charles Darwin and social Darwinism with racialism, imperialism and eugenics, to support their assertion that social Darwinism became one of the pillars of Fascism and Nazi ideology, and that the consequences of the application of policies of "survival of the fittest" by Nazi Germany eventually created a very strong backlash against the theory.[11][12]

The argument that Nazi ideology was strongly influenced by social Darwinist ideas is often found in historical and social science literature.[13] For example, the Jewish philosopher and historian Hannah Arendt analysed the historical development from a politically indifferent scientific Darwinism via social Darwinist ethics to racist ideology.[14] However, in the last years the argument has been radicalised and increasingly been taken up by opponents of evolutionary theory. The creationist ministry Answers in Genesis is especially known for some of these claims[15][16]. Additionally, this is a position of intelligent design supporters as well. For example, it is a theme in Richard Weikart's work who is a historian at California State University, Stanislaus and is a senior fellow for the Center for Science and Culture of the Discovery Institute.[12] It is also a main argument in the 2008 movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. These claims are widely criticized within the academic community.[17][18][19][20][21][22] The Anti-Defamation League has rejected such attempts to link Darwin's ideas with Nazi atrocities, and has stated that "Using the Holocaust in order to tarnish those who promote the theory of evolution is outrageous and trivializes the complex factors that led to the mass extermination of European Jewry.".[11] However, Weickart himself writes in his book "From Darwin to Hitler": "The multivalence of Darwinism and eugenics ideology, especially when applied to ethical, political, and social thought, together with the multiple roots of Nazi ideology, should make us suspicious of monocausal arguments about the origins of the Nazi worldview".[12]

Similar criticisms are sometimes applied (or misapplied) to other political or scientific theories that resemble social Darwinism, for example criticisms leveled at evolutionary psychology. For example a critical reviewer of Weikarts book writes that "(h)is historicization of the moral framework of evolutionary theory poses key issues for those in sociobiology and evolutionary psychology, not to mention bioethicists, who have recycled many of the suppositions that Weikart has traced."[23] Another example is recent scholarship that portrays Ernst Haeckel's Monist League as a mystical progenitor of the Völkisch movement and, ultimately, of the Nazi Party of Adolf Hitler. Scholars opposed to this interpretation, however, have pointed out that the Monists were freethinkers who opposed all forms of mysticism, and that their organizations were immediately banned following the Nazi takeover in 1933 because of their association with a wide variety of progressive causes including feminism, pacifism, human rights, and early gay liberation movements.[24]

Similarly, capitalist economics, especially laissez-faire economics, is attacked by some socialists by equating it to social Darwinism because it is premised on the idea of natural scarcity, also the starting point of social Darwinism, and because it is often interpreted to involve a "sink or swim" attitude toward economic activity. However while many industrialists supported social Darwinism during the gilded age,[25] later notable advocates of laissez-faire rejected it. Ludwig von Mises argued in his book Human Action that social Darwinism contradicts the principles of liberalism.

Social Darwinist theory itself does not necessarily engender a political position: some social Darwinists would argue for the inevitability of progress, while others emphasize the potential for the degeneration of humanity, and some even attempt to enroll social Darwinism in a reformist politics.[citation needed] Rather, social Darwinism is an eclectic set of closely interrelated social theories -- much in the way that existentialism is not one philosophy but a set of closely interrelated philosophical principles.

Some economic critics of social Darwinism point to David Ricardo's comparative advantage and claim that weaker members of society are valuable even if the stronger members are better at doing everything. However, social Darwinism does not necessarily assert the latter.[citation needed] Comparative advantage relies on the idea that trade and cooperation are more important than pure competitiveness, which might inhibit trade by erecting protective barriers.

Matthew 7:7:

Ask, Seek, Knock

 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Seek and you will find. No one else can seek the Kingdom of God for you.

 

 

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Regarding being god, I am

Regarding being god, I am god, so I am done with that question , so go science, what am I, me god ??? Here's a good start, google  "thermodynamics, matter/antimatter, QM science, timeless models ....

CERN Site Map -
http://livefromcern.web.cern.ch/livefromcern/antimatter/site-map.html
 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eternally

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CERN&btnG=Google+Search

 

 

 


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Regarding being god, I am

I can not provide a "rational response" to jibberish.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Keys to Taking Your Quantim Leap

Copy/Pasting someone else's material irrelevant to the thread topic is equivalent to SPAM.

1 strike


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Let's not Pretend

Fact in Science: is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmedand for all pratical purposes is accepted as true.

 

It is important to realise that fact in science is never final.

 

The meaning of Theory in Science is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences and tested hypothesises.

The Big Bang Theory.

The Theory of Evolution.


"Matthew 6:19

Treasures in Heaven

19 "Don't store treasures for yourselves here on earth where moths and rust will destroy them and thieves can break in and steal them.

Thermodynamics?

 

God did not invent religion. Humans invented religion. Hence why it is confused.

1 Corinthians 14:33:

33 God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace.

 

Hebrews 11:1:

What Is Faith?

 


Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.

 

"...Atheism is too simple..." C.S. Lewis

"It is the view that I call Christianity-and-Water, the view which simply says there is a good God in Heaven and everything is all right-leaving out all the difficult and terrible doctrines about  sin and hell and the devil, and the redemption. Both these are boys' philosophies." C.S. Lewis

www.cslewis.org

www.GodandScience.org

 Also I do not think that my article was irrelevant to the topic. It was written by a Quantum Physicist who is also a Christian. So if you decide to repress a Christian with a degree is science it just proves that you are not earnestly seeking the truth. That you are narrow-minded in the name of diversity.


 

 

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
I am what I am. To talk

I am what I am. To talk about god is to talk about me. Thermodynamics (the law of oneness) is part of my favorite explanation of g-awe-d. Traditional religion is dogmatic idol worship separatist spin from innate ignorance.

Go science, the study of the parts of existence (the oneness). Stop religion, the dogma of "separatism" idol creation worship.

Have no idol before me, as no idol is possible.

 


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3706
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:It

JesusChristisLord wrote:

It was written by a Quantum Physicist who is also a Christian. So if you decide to repress a Christian with a degree is science it just proves that you are not earnestly seeking the truth. That you are narrow-minded in the name of diversity.

How many Ph.d scientists are secular, and how many are Christian? Do you really want to pursue this this stupid argument?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
 How many Ph.d scientists

 

Quote:

How many Ph.d scientists are secular, and how many are Christian? Do you really want to pursue this this stupid argument?

I said a scientist. Do you have a PhD in science? Science can only esplain that which God created.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord

JesusChristisLord wrote:
 
Quote:

How many Ph.d scientists are secular, and how many are Christian? Do you really want to pursue this this stupid argument?

I said a scientist. Do you have a PhD in science? Science can only esplain that which God created.

Scientists are individuals who can and will have beliefs that are not necessarily backed by science.

Science is a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws.

There is no scientific evidence for the existence of a thing you call god.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
1. If Jesus fulfilled all

1. If Jesus fulfilled all the OT prophecies so well, why didn't the Jews recognize him as the messiah? - Francois Tremblay

 

This questions is posed ridiculously. Jesus did fulfill the Messianic prophecies. Also this question irks me because it totally ignores the fact that it was the Pharisees who plotted Jesus's death and was carried out by the Romans. Jesus was born Jewish. His disciples were Jewish. The people who followed Jesus were Jewish. Sure some of the people who wanted him crucified were Jewish but the people who loved him and followed him were also Jewish.

 

{STOP PASTING ENTIRE WEB PAGES INTO THE FORUM}

 

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Faith

That is where Faith comes in.

Even if science could prove everything it could not began to delve into those mysteries. Science is becoming very limited in how far it go from here...

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Religion

You are the one saying religion. Religion. It does not only indictate that which is theological or a spiritual basis for living.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2385
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
mysteries????

JesusChristisLord wrote:

That is where Faith comes in.

Even if science could prove everything it could not began to delve into those mysteries. Science is becoming very limited in how far it go from here...

       There are no mysteries, only questions; use scientific formulas for finding answers and sooner or later you will get the answers.

    Faith is not an answer; it is a cop-out for lazy people who say "goddidit" and then no thinking required.

     I like thinking, you might try it sometime, it doesn't hurt; honest.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Umm, and another twist. Yes

Umm, and another twist. Yes "god is why", but what is god and how is all existence what it is? Please please , don't make shit up just cause it feels good or smart. Thermodynamics is of my favorite tested god definitions. God(s) of reigion is bunk untestable wishful make believe woo woo.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Must Play More War Craft and read more Sci Fi

I am not making up anything I am created God is uncreated. We did not create anything here. We can not possibly know what is in outerspace we are having enough problems trying to understand the science of Earth, the Moon, and Mars, etcera. No one here is unlazy enough to go get a PhD and really study this stuff except to take breaks in between War Craft to make a few biting, witty remarks. You sure as h--- don't have the attention span to pick apart scripture. Trust me. Much less attempt to put it into pratice. Science. Think. Play more War Craft. Majority Rules. Nope not on my watch on my watch Jesus is Lord and the Messiah and I thank God you mind addicts (who had no hand in inventing the brain) are not God and did not create even spit.

 

 

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Umm, and another twist. Yes

Look I am not trying to make things up? I would not try to do that. but why is Thermodynamics the Alpha and the Omega? God and Science can co-exist. Science just can not explain God and it is very ignorant to assume that Christians are dumb.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:That

JesusChristisLord wrote:

That is where Faith comes in.

Faith in what? Religious faith is baseless. Show us the evidence.

Quote:
Even if science could prove everything it could not began to delve into those mysteries.

What mysteries? 

Quote:
 Science is becoming very limited in how far it go from here...

Science has never been more powerful. What limitation are you talking about?

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Think

I do believe in order to read you have to think. Not only do you have to think to be a Christian but you are called to practice.

 

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
JCL, what? We are all

JCL, what? We are all messiahs in the scientific sense. What are you saying? Understanding scripture leads to simple atheism. All is one. The exorcist atheist jesus, said I am one with the cosmos. No Master. Simple .... a "saving" messagae, of no idol worship and total "oneness" ..... I am an atheist for the buudha jesus. Saul Paul's jesus is bunk idol worship delusion, and so pauline xainity sucks.

WTF isn't god? Fuck the gods of religion definitions .... ALL IS GOD, as i am god, just as you.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
No. We are not all Messiahs.

No. We are not all Messiahs. Remember science can not explain why we are here...how we got here...all we can do is utilise the tools that were given to us by Our Creator. The things that you say that Jesus said are not in Canonical Gospels. He did not say that and no Christianity is not simple.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Solar systems

Please as if you know what is in outerspace. Can you name all the planets in our solar system off the top of your head and what do you know about them?

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Fine JCL,  practice being

Fine JCL,  practice being good , I certainly do. But does some special separate master insist on a special way to worship it, as in ritual? Science is the most rational apperciation I know, which includes to study of why religion .... 


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Religion

Religion is man made. It is humans trying to oversimplify something that far surpasses their ability to comprehend. No one here was smart enough to create anything that exists. They are materials that God created.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:I am

JesusChristisLord wrote:

I am not making up anything I am created

You were born

Quote:
 God is uncreated.

What god? There is no evidence of any god.

 

Quote:
We did not create anything here.

Really? Then where did the computer you are using come from?

Quote:
 We can not possibly know what is in outerspace we are having enough problems trying to understand the science of Earth, the Moon, and Mars, etcera.

Seriously man, what cave are you living in? Have you never seen this?

This is a picture taken by the the NASA Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE) satellite of cosmic microwave background radiation CMB (also CMBR, CBR, MBR, and relic radiation) is a form of electromagnetic radiation filling the universe.

It is just the tip of the iceburg

 

Quote:
No one here is unlazy enough to go get a PhD and really study this stuff except to take breaks in between War Craft to make a few biting, witty remarks. You sure as h--- don't have the attention span to pick apart scripture.

Many people on this forum has read the bible several times.

Quote:
 Trust me. Much less attempt to put it into pratice. Science. Think. Play more War Craft. Majority Rules.

This doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Nope not on my watch on my watch Jesus is Lord and the Messiah

Your watch? What are you a secuity guard? The guard dog of fantasy?

Quote:
 and I thank God you mind addicts (who had no hand in inventing the brain) are not God and did not create even spit.

Mind addicts probably have contributed to everything you own. Except your fantasy of course.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
the Holy Spirit

Science will never have anything to do with proving the existence of God. God is not seperate from us and we are not seperate from God the Holy Spirit is God in us.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Nothing is created, it all

Nothing is created, it all just dances, and changes eternally. Becoming an atheist is a little difficult for many, but I think you are on your way JCL to being "saved", as to be atheist.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3706
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Oh, using the Bible to prove

Oh, using the Bible to prove the Bible, huh? That's brilliant. You really don't need to educate us on this. We probably know your religion better than you do.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
It is out of our profound respect for Jewish people that we seek to share the good news of Jesus Christ with them,

And because they're going to burn in hell. 

JesusChristisLord wrote:
and encourage others to do the same, for we believe that salvation is only found in Jesus, the Messiah of Israel and Savior of the World.

Otherwise, you're going to burn in hell. 

JesusChristisLord wrote:
That is where Faith comes in.

Ah, faith to the rescue! 

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Even if science could prove everything it could not began to delve into those mysteries. Science is becoming very limited in how far it go from here...

I agree. It is difficult for science to study something that doesn't exist. 

JesusChristisLord wrote:
You are the one saying religion. Religion.

Sure.  

JesusChristisLord wrote:
I said a scientist.

Yes you did, but please stop pretending that you meant something different in order to cover your ass.

Here's what you said.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
So if you decide to repress a Christian with a degree is science it just proves that you are not earnestly seeking the truth.

It doesn't matter that the vast majority of scientists don't side with Christianity. If I disagree with a single Christian scientist, then I am not earnestly seeking the truth. Why? Because you said so! It's an appeal to authority non sequitur!!! Basically, the only way I can be earnestly seeking the truth is if I'm Christian. Lol.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Do you have a PhD in science?

Hahaha. What an absolutely retarded question? Do you?

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Science can only esplain that which God created.

Ah, but how do you know that God created it? "Esplain" that.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
I am not making up anything I am created God is uncreated.

Claim-Nothing can last forever.

Conclusion-Thus, something must have lasted forever, and that something, is the Christian God.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Must Play More War Craft and read more Sci Fi

Don't worry. I study my Bible every week.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
We can not possibly know what is in outerspace
 

We can see it.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
No one here is unlazy enough to go get a PhD and really study this stuff

Fuck you. I'm a physics major. 

JesusChristisLord wrote:
except to take breaks in between War Craft

Ouch! I don't play WarCraft. Aren't you being a bit judgmental? Tsk tsk tsk. That's very unJesuslike. Damn, is that a word?

JesusChristisLord wrote:
You sure as h--- don't have the attention span to pick apart scripture.
 

Aw, even when you're battling infidels, you're not allowed to curse. I almost feel sorry for you. 

You're right. How could scientists, philosophers, economists, and top college students, etc. have the patience to read a book. It's unthinkable!!!

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Much less attempt to put it into pratice.

Now, that's different. I can read L. Ron Hubbard's "fundamentals of thought," but I'm not going to put it into practice.

JesusChristisLord wrote:
Science. Think. Play more War Craft. Majority Rules.
 

Did you just compare science to World of Warcraft?

JesusChristisLord wrote:
and I thank God you mind addicts (who had no hand in inventing the brain) are not God
 

Yeah, we like using our brain. How strange, huh?

JesusChristisLord wrote:
but why is Thermodynamics the Alpha and the Omega?

Huh?

JesusChristisLord wrote:
it is very ignorant to assume that Christians are dumb.

Oh, of course. Some Christians are incredibly intelligent people. Of course, you're still a complete moron. 

 

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord

JesusChristisLord wrote:

Science will never have anything to do with proving the existence of God. God is not seperate from us and we are not seperate from God the Holy Spirit is God in us.

Your god is totally imaginary.

 

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Do Tell

What are you qualifications to dismiss my basis for living? Also why is Christianity so inflamatory to you personally?

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
God gave us free will. He is

God gave us free will. He is not a puppet master.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
God "gave" nothing ....

God "gave" nothing .... there is no master mind creator.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
God

It is not my God it is God. The only God.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
All is One.

All is One.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Create Much?

Where did it all come from? Can you prove that with science? If you have the answers please impart me your wisdom. God created everything. What have you or any other human being created that was here before you took your first breath. If you were God we would all be cannabals.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:It

JesusChristisLord wrote:

It is not my God it is God. The only God.

where is it? I see nothing.

 


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
I AM still laughing .... me

I AM still laughing .... me god.     I love you all. Thanks godly RRS. WOW WOW, fuck woo woo .....

Some better spellings of god ... g-awe-d, awe-la, y-awe-we . Go science, the study of awe (god) ....


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Given?

God gave everything. what have you given in comparison to what you've been given?


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:God

JesusChristisLord wrote:

God gave everything. what have you given in comparison to what you've been given?

I asked you to provide some evidence for this thing you call god, where is it? Or are you avoiding answering?

 

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
See Much?

aiia wrote:

JesusChristisLord wrote:

It is not my God it is God. The only God.

where is it? I see nothing.

 

You are right you see nothing.

 

You never answered the question about how much you know about this solar system let alone all the infinite possibilities...

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Please tell us JCL ...

Please tell us big eyed JCL ...


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:aiia

JesusChristisLord wrote:

aiia wrote:

JesusChristisLord wrote:

It is not my God it is God. The only God.

where is it? I see nothing.

You are right you see nothing.

Obviously you have no evidence of this thing, none, zero. Because you refuse to answer.

 

Quote:
You never answered the question about how much you know about this solar system let alone all the infinite possibilities...

It is you who has the burden of proof of "god", what ever that is.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Gawed is not a giver nor a

Gawed is not a giver nor a taker deity. You are obviously an idol creator sheeple JCL.


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Create Much?

Well if you do not believe in God as you claim you do not then obviously I couldn't be an idol creator. But you know God exists and you know you know it.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Quote: We did not create

Quote:

We did not create anything here.

 

Really? Then where did the computer you are using come from?

It came from materials that God created made by brains that God created.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
Quote: You never answered

Quote:

You never answered the question about how much you know about this solar system let alone all the infinite possibilities...

 

 

 

It is you who has the burden of proof of "god", what ever that is.

 

No you are so intelligent and you believe that science has all the answers it is your burden that science is the Alpha and the Omega.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:JesusChristisLord

aiia wrote:

JesusChristisLord wrote:

aiia wrote:

JesusChristisLord wrote:

It is not my God it is God. The only God.

where is it? I see nothing.

You are right you see nothing.

Obviously you have no evidence of this thing, none, zero. Because you refuse to answer.

 

Quote:
You never answered the question about how much you know about this solar system let alone all the infinite possibilities...

It is you who has the burden of proof of "god", what ever that is.

No Faith does not require evidence. That is implied.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


JesusChristisLord
Theist
JesusChristisLord's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-10-07
User is offlineOffline
War Craft

No i did not compare science to war craft but i am sure that is where you get most of your scientific notions from. how much time do you spend studying science as opposed to hanging out here debating atheism between your war craft battles. i know nothing of that junk. i don't waste my time with it.

"There is no need to be worried by facetious people who try to make Christian hope of 'Heaven' ridiculous by saying they do not want 'to spend eternity playing harps'. The answer to such people is that if they can not understand books for grown-ups they should not talk about them. All the scriptural imagery (harps, crowns, gold, etc.) is, of course, a merely symbolical attempt to express the inexpressible." -C.S. Lewis


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusChristisLord wrote:No

JesusChristisLord wrote:

No Faith does not require evidence. That is implied.

Religious faith is non contingent. It is based on a fantasy (nothing),

because its obvious you have no evidence. Ergo, you have faith in a hole, a nothing, an empty box.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.