Ask a Christian a Question

P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Ask a Christian a Question

Hello, I'm new here and i didn't feel like going to every thread and responding so i hope all of you get all the atheists and non atheists in here to have our discussion. Questions about Christianity. Now go tell everybody.

Also, please do one question at a time.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote:

P3RFECT wrote:

Denying in something that could be really isn't going to make it disappear.

I want people to ask me seriouse questions, not questions you know i can't answer.

Hey P3RFECT, why did God put our ass at the bottom, why did God put the brain inside our skulls. Why not here or here. How am i suppose to answer that?

What is a serious question you expect?

If this higher being exsisted like you claim he does, why should I worship him? For him to desire worship is anthropomorphizing him, but even if he did desire worship, why would he? He is all powerful, all knowing why would he need worship? What would be a good reason for me to worship?

 

 


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: Denying in

P3RFECT wrote:
Denying in something that could be really isn't going to make it disappear.

Believing in something doesn't make it appear.

P3RFECT wrote:
I want people to ask me seriouse questions, not questions you know i can't answer.

Hey P3RFECT, why did God put our ass at the bottom, why did God put the brain inside our skulls. Why not here or here. How am i suppose to answer that?

Part of the problem here is that you do not appear to know the bible very well nor do you understand science, philosophy or psychology very well.  It would seem that you only want questions you can answer, but we are not looking for answers to simple questions.  You (I am guessing) want to show off your extensive knowledge, but it is not clear where your knowledge lies.  Perhaps you should ask us some questions instead.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: Outside

zarathustra wrote:


Outside of religion, is there anything else which you accept as true on faith alone, without any evidence?

Quote:

 I know that my mother isn't a serial killer. Becuase, i have faith she isn't.

zarathustra wrote:

I learned about the christianity and found it lacking. How is my learning and rejection of christianity different from your learning and rejection of other peoples' faiths?
Quote:

 There are many reason why a person will reject. Because, they don't want to accept that they need Gods help.

They don't want to change, they don't like what you have to do. They are close minded. Everybody is different. Maybe you didn't check it all out.

Don't get me wrong, i haven't learned it all. 

 

 

 

zarathustra wrote:

You shouldn't be. Consult this thread to see how much christians themselves disagree. How can there be so much disagreement if they are all accepting the same "jesus"?

Quote:

 Everybody disagress on something, religion or none.

 

zarathustra wrote:

So you could also be wrong about jesus?

I don't believe i am for what i have experience. Do you? 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:

BGH wrote:

What is a serious question you expect?

If this higher being exsisted like you claim he does, why should I worship him? For him to desire worship is anthropomorphizing him, but even if he did desire worship, why would he? He is all powerful, all knowing why would he need worship? What would be a good reason for me to worship?

 

 A seriouse question is one that relates to the subject at hand with no sarcasm attached that a human being is capable of answering.

 

We are all sinful beings and God wants us to sinless and enter the Kingdom of Heaven but, to do that you must accept Jesus as our savior.

Praying gives comfort and ask for help from God.

Good reason, that he sacrifice himself for our sins.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Believing in

jce wrote:

Believing in something doesn't make it appear.

 Indeed. 

jce wrote:

Part of the problem here is that you do not appear to know the bible very well nor do you understand science, philosophy or psychology very well. It would seem that you only want questions you can answer, but we are not looking for answers to simple questions. You (I am guessing) want to show off your extensive knowledge, but it is not clear where your knowledge lies. Perhaps you should ask us some questions instead.

Really and do you have proof that i don't know the Bible nor understand Science, philosophy or psychology?

I know all of you have many questions about Christianty so i am here to answer them because, i believe i have the knowledge to do so. Nothing more. 

 


rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
Posts: 378
Joined: 2007-01-07
User is offlineOffline
My first question: What do

My first question:
What do you think god is made of?


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I'm still waiting for an

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question >_>


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: My first

rexlunae wrote:
My first question: What do you think god is made of?

 

I wouldn't know. 


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: We are all

P3RFECT wrote:

We are all sinful beings and God wants us to sinless and enter the Kingdom of Heaven but, to do that you must accept Jesus as our savior.

Praying gives comfort and ask for help from God.

Good reason, that he sacrifice himself for our sins.

This answered nothing, it is essentially prostyltizing. You did not provide one rational reason for worship. The god of the bible is a murderer, he is petty, he is vindictive, he is jealous, he is arrogant.... I will never worship a "god" such as that.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I'm

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question >_>

In do time. Smiling


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: This answered

BGH wrote:

This answered nothing, it is essentially prostyltizing. You did not provide one rational reason for worship. The god of the bible is a murderer, he is petty, he is vindictive, he is jealous, he is arrogant.... I will never worship a "god" such as that.

 Even if you believe God isn't any of these things you still wouldn't worship him. This is just an excuse for you not to worship God. If you done the research of the Bible you would understand why such things happened.


rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
Posts: 378
Joined: 2007-01-07
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: rexlunae

P3RFECT wrote:

rexlunae wrote:
My first question: What do you think god is made of?

 

I wouldn't know. 

Then how do you know it exists?

It's only the fairy tales they believe.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: Then how

rexlunae wrote:
Then how do you know it exists?

 

Just because, i don't know what something is made out of doesn't mean it isn't real.

 

But, like i said before. Experience and faith or faith and experience or both at the same time. 


rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
Posts: 378
Joined: 2007-01-07
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: rexlunae

P3RFECT wrote:

rexlunae wrote:
Then how do you know it exists?

 Just because, i don't know what something is made out of doesn't mean it isn't real.

If you have experienced god, you must have some general idea what it is made of, in general terms. Matter, energy, spirit, magic...something. What did it seem to be to you? What was it that you were experiencing that let you know that you were experiencing god?

It's only the fairy tales they believe.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: Even if

P3RFECT wrote:

Even if you believe God isn't any of these things you still wouldn't worship him. This is just an excuse for you not to worship God. If you done the research of the Bible you would understand why such things happened.

You seriously could not be more wrong. I have done my research, I have read the bible, I find no reason to worship the non-existant nor the "god" represented in the mythologly of the text.


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: Really and

P3RFECT wrote:

Really and do you have proof that i don't know the Bible nor understand Science, philosophy or psychology?

You have not exibited any of that knowledge so far.  Please feel free to do so at any time. 

P3RFECT wrote:
I know all of you have many questions about Christianty so i am here to answer them because, i believe i have the knowledge to do so. Nothing more.

Actually, many of us where christians so there really are few that we have other than the ones you have seen here.  Here are a few that I have:

  1. How do you know you worship the right god given that there are so many branches of religion?
  2. Why do you want to worship a god?
  3. Why are believers so obsessed with making other people believe?
Just so you know, any answer you give that uses the bible as reference will be considered a non-answer.  The same will apply with answers of strictly an emotional nature.


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: zarathustra

P3RFECT wrote:
zarathustra wrote:

Outside of religion, is there anything else which you accept as true on faith alone, without any evidence?

I know that my mother isn't a serial killer. Becuase, i have faith she isn't.

Very well.  Perhaps I should clarify.  What you have described here is faith in a negative (what your mother isn't).  When you speak of god, you profess faith in a positive (that god is).  So, outside of religion is there anything else which you accept (positively, not negatively) as true on faith alone, without any evidence?

P3RFECT wrote:

They don't want to change, they don't like what you have to do. They are close minded. Everybody is different. Maybe you didn't check it all out.

 Perhaps you don't want to change?  Perhaps you are close-minded?  Perhaps you haven't checked Islam or Hinduism all out?

P3RFECT wrote:
Don't get me wrong, i haven't learned it all.

Perhaps you are not yet in a position to answer questions, then? 

 

P3RFECT wrote:
Everybody disagress on something, religion or none.

Should we then dispense with the term christianity, since there is so much irresoluble disagreement among those who "accept jesus"? 

 

P3RFECT wrote:
I don't believe i am for what i have experience. Do you?

Everyone who doesn't believe in jesus thinks you're wrong for what they have experienced.  I personally have experienced the sheer indifference of the universe, and the lack of a need for any god.   If you discarded your irrational faith, you too could have this wonderful experience.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


kmisho
kmisho's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2006-08-18
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: kmisho

P3RFECT wrote:
kmisho wrote:

Now you're just being dense.

Moses and his family were all roughly similar looking, wouldn't you agree? Now, after a few thousand years there are billions of people in china with certain regularities of features, a billion people in Africa with similarities in themselves but different than Chinese people, etc etc.

Evolution MUST be invoked to explain such extreme diversity on a planetary scale, and at the same time physical similarities that can roughly be tied to geographical location.

Not only that, evolution must work VERY FAST for all this diversity to be the result of the family of Moses having children and so on.

But that evolution does work quite fast is no surprise, as I said, given that we humans selectively evolved the chihuahua from the wolf in less than 10,000 years...

 This is from another response i did, i think it applies. 

 I forgot the chapter and verse but, man was one civilization. God saw man and said they will become powerful and destroy themselves. So God confused man making them have different tongues (languages) separating them across the world.

 

What i was saying is that people didn't evolve around the world from organisms while Adam and Eve was made by God having kids. 

Now you're INTERPRETING the bible. Shame on you. It says TONGUES, i.e. languages. From languages you have just made up the idea that it's not just tongues but also eyes and noses and legs and feet etc. We cannot argue with someone who just makes up stuff.


kmisho
kmisho's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2006-08-18
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: kmisho

P3RFECT wrote:
kmisho wrote:

Now you have simply and completely contradicted yourself.

Quote: "i have faith and with faith came experience then sight"

WITH FAITH CAME EXPERIENCE

So it's experience then faith and no more experience ever? I can't have more experience after? or a different experience?

Of course not. But if you meant to say that you came to faith by experience then you would have said so. No that I pointed out to you that that makes no sense, you have simply changed your position to SEEM saner.


kmisho
kmisho's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2006-08-18
User is offlineOffline
Perfect, It's clear that if

Perfect, It's clear that if we want to learn about christianity you are not someone good to talk to. You keep changing what you say and making up stuff.

I think you don't even know what you think. And if you don't know what you think, how the hell are we supposed to figure it out?


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote:  Just

rexlunae wrote:

 Just because, i don't know what something is made out of doesn't mean it isn't real.

If you have experienced god, you must have some general idea what it is made of, in general terms. Matter, energy, spirit, magic...something. What did it seem to be to you? What was it that you were experiencing that let you know that you were experiencing god?

It's not an experience you think it is, such as physically or a voice. If we can understand God what kind of God is he? 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: You have not

jce wrote:

You have not exibited any of that knowledge so far. Please feel free to do so at any time.

 Your obviously not very good at reading the situation to come to this conclusion.

 

 

jce wrote:
Actually, many of us where christians so there really are few that we have other than the ones you have seen here. Here are a few that I have:

  1. How do you know you worship the right god given that there are so many branches of religion?
  2. Why do you want to worship a god?
  3. Why are believers so obsessed with making other people believe?

Just so you know, any answer you give that uses the bible as reference will be considered a non-answer. The same will apply with answers of strictly an emotional nature.

1.) Faith/experience

2.) Because, he makes me happy all over. Among other things.

3.) Some are and some are not. They want to spread the word to others because, they feel they are told to do so. 

 

 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote: Of course

kmisho wrote:

Of course not. But if you meant to say that you came to faith by experience then you would have said so. No that I pointed out to you that that makes no sense, you have simply changed your position to SEEM saner.

Because, why do i need to point out every single detail when you should be able to figure it out on your own. 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote: Perfect,

kmisho wrote:

Perfect, It's clear that if we want to learn about christianity you are not someone good to talk to. You keep changing what you say and making up stuff.

I think you don't even know what you think. And if you don't know what you think, how the hell are we supposed to figure it out?

Thats an interesting assumption how did you come to that?

When did i make up stuff? 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote: Now you're

kmisho wrote:

Now you're INTERPRETING the bible. Shame on you. It says TONGUES, i.e. languages. From languages you have just made up the idea that it's not just tongues but also eyes and noses and legs and feet etc. We cannot argue with someone who just makes up stuff.

Huh? I think your confused.

Read Chapter 11 verse 1-9. 

http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Gen&chapter=11#n5

 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: You seriously

BGH wrote:

You seriously could not be more wrong. I have done my research, I have read the bible, I find no reason to worship the non-existant nor the "god" represented in the mythologly of the text.

The reason is? 


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

Very well. Perhaps I should clarify. What you have described here is faith in a negative (what your mother isn't). When you speak of god, you profess faith in a positive (that god is). So, outside of religion is there anything else which you accept (positively, not negatively) as true on faith alone, without any evidence?

Don't know, never thought about it.

Point?

 

zarathustra wrote:

Perhaps you don't want to change? Perhaps you are close-minded? Perhaps you haven't checked Islam or Hinduism all out?

To a degree i am.

I have checked it out to a certain degree. I have also talked with several of these people. Have you?

 

zarathustra wrote:

Should we then dispense with the term christianity, since there is so much irresoluble disagreement among those who "accept jesus"?

Nope, instead of concerning yourself with all the different denominations to feed your agenda maybe learning about ones faith or several faiths to help with your opinion.

 

zarathustra wrote:
Everyone who doesn't believe in jesus thinks you're wrong for what they have experienced. I personally have experienced the sheer indifference of the universe, and the lack of a need for any god. If you discarded your irrational faith, you too could have this wonderful experience.

I already have a wonderful experience. It seems your the irrational one that should join my wonderful experiences.


Sleepy Norris
Posts: 42
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Christians are always

Christians are always fighting for stricter laws regarding abortion, i dont understand this because in the bible "god" makes it quite clear that fetus's are not as important as a living person. Yet at the same time we live in a nation where it is illegal to stone disobediant children. Why do christians stand in defiance of their own god's wishs?...

 Also i believe "god" would be more effective if he would just prove himself. I have asked for him to put 100,000 in my bank account many times, this is surely something he would be able to do but he has yet to do this. Considering that may be selfish i changed that to asking god to take $100 out of my bank account and donate it to the charity of his choice and he has yet to even do that. Why would god not want to donate money to a worthy cause?

Also can i write that off.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Sleepy Norris

Sleepy Norris wrote:

Christians are always fighting for stricter laws regarding abortion, i dont understand this because in the bible "god" makes it quite clear that fetus's are not as important as a living person. Yet at the same time we live in a nation where it is illegal to stone disobediant children. Why do christians stand in defiance of their own god's wishs?...

Also i believe "god" would be more effective if he would just prove himself. I have asked for him to put 100,000 in my bank account many times, this is surely something he would be able to do but he has yet to do this. Considering that may be selfish i changed that to asking god to take $100 out of my bank account and donate it to the charity of his choice and he has yet to even do that. Why would god not want to donate money to a worthy cause?

Also can i write that off.

First paragraph:

In the Old Testament (stoning) Sin/evil had to be destroyed sins couldn't be forgiven so easily, untill Jesus came. 

Because Jesus said you don't need to do those things.

 

Because God wants us to believe in him through faith and faith alone and then he will reveal himself to you.

God is not a genie who will obey your every wish.

4:7 Jesus said to him, “Once again it is written: ‘You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.’”

 

 


Sleepy Norris
Posts: 42
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Your god is lazy, tell him

Your god is lazy, tell him to get off his ass and start doing his job


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
So you believe by faith

So you believe by faith alone but your faith led you to experience which led you to faith?

*holds head to stop the spinning* 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Sleepy Norris wrote: Your

Sleepy Norris wrote:

Your god is lazy, tell him to get off his ass and start doing his job

I don't think so. You can ask God yourself by praying. 


Largo
Largo's picture
Posts: 140
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
I don't know where to

I don't know where to begin.  P3RFECT, you come here telling us heathens that you know the bible, but  you show no knowledge at all beyond what one would get from sitting in church trying to stay awake while the preacher drones and intones miraculous nonsense.  I gather from the general tenor of your writing that you are about seventeen years old, too young to vote yet, but imbued with the "holy spirit" to such an extent that you feel qualified to instruct us poor unbelievers on how to save our immortal souls from the flying spaghetti monster. Every time anyone has asked you a specific question from the bible you have come back with a vague generality. When asked for evidence you parrot your preacher. Frankly, you haven't lived up to the promise of your original post, and you are just wasting everybody's time. Why don't you actually read the bible, ponder it for awhile, and then come back when you are ready to discuss the matter seriously?
Oh, by the way, It's a number of posts up, but somebody said Moses' family restarted humanity after the flood, and nobody called him on it. The flood guy was Noah, and the eight people who supposedly repopulated the entire earth were he, his wife, his three sons and their wives. A few people in my past have tried to explain that Noah's son Ham was dark skinned (guess he had a tan) and that he was the beginning of the black race. I never heard an explanation for Asians, or Australian aborigines, or Polynesians, or . . . well you get the idea. Moses was the guy with the staff that turned into a snake and then turned the Nile into blood. Later he became the head of the NRA. Do you remember now? Eye-wink


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: So you

jcgadfly wrote:

So you believe by faith alone but your faith led you to experience which led you to faith?

*holds head to stop the spinning*

I researched and whatnot, then came experience. After that i have faith in what i believe. Later on came more experience, different experience conserning my faith. 


Sleepy Norris
Posts: 42
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: In the Old

P3RFECT wrote:

In the Old Testament (stoning) Sin/evil had to be destroyed sins couldn't be forgiven so easily, untill Jesus came. 

Because Jesus said you don't need to do those things.

 

Because God wants us to believe in him through faith and faith alone and then he will reveal himself to you.

God is not a genie who will obey your every wish.

4:7 Jesus said to him, “Once again it is written: ‘You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.’”

 

 

 

How does a perfect god create a book that he later has to change? i thought he was perfect. Also you didnt answer the first question regarding the issue of abortion, or in general christians interperating the bible in silly ways to use them for a POLITICAL means rather than anything that is actually said in that "Perfect book"

Also believing in something on faith alone, not to offend your god but he really doesnt know how to keep power very well. I mean he uses's fear tactics just like Machievilli would have approved of, but he doesnt stay close enough to make people remain in fear. Hence the blasphamy challange. Honestly he better lay the smack down on his disenters pretty quickly or he is going to lose his "empire".


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: zarathustra

P3RFECT wrote:
zarathustra wrote:

So, outside of religion is there anything else which you accept (positively, not negatively) as true on faith alone, without any evidence?

Don't know, never thought about it.

Point?

Well you should think about it.  Come back when you do know.

The point is that religious claims  appear to be the only ones which are accepted without proof.  I'm simply curious if you have the same standard of truth for god as you do for all other aspects of your life.  Would you have faith in a used car salesman when he tells you the car runs well?  Would you have faith that a drug works, even if it isn't FDA-approved?  Or is religion the only thing which you give a free pass when it comes to backing up claims?

 

P3RFECT wrote:

To a degree i am.

I have checked it out to a certain degree. I have also talked with several of these people. Have you?

I have checked out christianity to a certain degree.  And yes, I have also talked with several of "these people".  Point? 

 

P3RFECT wrote:

Nope, instead of concerning yourself with all the different denominations to feed your agenda maybe learning about ones faith or several faiths to help with your opinion.

Why shouldn't I concern myself with that?  They can't be all correct -- suppose I learn about the wrong one?

P3RFECT wrote:

I already have a wonderful experience. It seems your the irrational one that should join my wonderful experiences.

It appears that the entire scope of your thinking is based on your "experience", which obviously is something noone else can appreciate.  If you can offer nothing independent of your (or anyone else's) experience, it is worthless for you to be here giving "answers".

 

 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Largo wrote: I don't know

Largo wrote:
I don't know where to begin. P3RFECT, you come here telling us heathens that you know the bible, but you show no knowledge at all beyond what one would get from sitting in church trying to stay awake while the preacher drones and intones miraculous nonsense. I gather from the general tenor of your writing that you are about seventeen years old, too young to vote yet, but imbued with the "holy spirit" to such an extent that you feel qualified to instruct us poor unbelievers on how to save our immortal souls from the flying spaghetti monster. Every time anyone has asked you a specific question from the bible you have come back with a vague generality. When asked for evidence you parrot your preacher. Frankly, you haven't lived up to the promise of your original post, and you are just wasting everybody's time. Why don't you actually read the bible, ponder it for awhile, and then come back when you are ready to discuss the matter seriously?

 First of all i came to answer questions, your the one claiming i am better then everyone.

Second, you can gather whatever you want for the reason i speak like this is to show the lack of knowledge you people know by judging me. I right like this because, i know somebody will come along like you stating something ignorant such as this through my fake speech patterns.

Third, umm such ignorance. I don't understand whats so hard. Does anybody know what the definition of faith means?

Please actually post something worth responding to instead of close minded/emotional response please. 

 

 
Largo wrote:
Oh, by the way, It's a number of posts up, but somebody said Moses' family restarted humanity after the flood, and nobody called him on it. The flood guy was Noah, and the eight people who supposedly repopulated the entire earth were he, his wife, his three sons and their wives. A few people in my past have tried to explain that Noah's son Ham was dark skinned (guess he had a tan) and that he was the beginning of the black race. I never heard an explanation for Asians, or Australian aborigines, or Polynesians, or . . . well you get the idea. Moses was the guy with the staff that turned into a snake and then turned the Nile into blood. Later he became the head of the NRA. Do you remember now? Eye-wink

Read chapter 9 verse 18,19

Population issue. 

http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Gen&chapter=9#n8

 

Read Chapter 11 verse 1-9.

Why theres other people around the world 

http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Gen&chapter=11#n5

 

 


rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
Posts: 378
Joined: 2007-01-07
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote:rexlunae

P3RFECT wrote:
rexlunae wrote:
P3RFECT wrote:
Just because, i don't know what something is made out of doesn't mean it isn't real.
If you have experienced god, you must have some general idea what it is made of, in general terms. Matter, energy, spirit, magic...something. What did it seem to be to you? What was it that you were experiencing that let you know that you were experiencing god?
It's not an experience you think it is, such as physically or a voice.

Then what kind of experience was it? How was the revelation made? Surely you're not just making this up; where are the specifics?

P3RFECT wrote:
If we can understand God what kind of God is he?

Communicative. Why? I don't see the point in this comment at all.

[Edit: Fixed quoting, again]

It's only the fairy tales they believe.


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: The

zarathustra wrote:

The point is that religious claims appear to be the only ones which are accepted without proof. I'm simply curious if you have the same standard of truth for god as you do for all other aspects of your life. Would you have faith in a used car salesman when he tells you the car runs well? Would you have faith that a drug works, even if it isn't FDA-approved? Or is religion the only thing which you give a free pass when it comes to backing up claims?

We all have faith in certain areas but, compared to my belief in God. There is no comparison.

 

zarathustra wrote:

 

I have checked out christianity to a certain degree. And yes, I have also talked with several of "these people". Point?

Curios 

 

zarathustra wrote:

Why shouldn't I concern myself with that? They can't be all correct -- suppose I learn about the wrong one?

 They all follow the same thing. Just different opinions on certain areas and some are attached to human tradition.

 

 

zarathustra wrote:

It appears that the entire scope of your thinking is based on your "experience", which obviously is something noone else can appreciate. If you can offer nothing independent of your (or anyone else's) experience, it is worthless for you to be here giving "answers".

  Actually that is incorrect. It is my experience and knowledge about what i believe that people have questions for. Personal experience is personal stuff only to that individual and if it is shared to others they will most likely not believe it. 

 How else should my thinking be based on. You ask questions about what i believe and i answer it. I don't say the reason is because, God did it, the end.


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: jcgadfly

P3RFECT wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:

So you believe by faith alone but your faith led you to experience which led you to faith?

*holds head to stop the spinning*

I researched and whatnot, then came experience. After that i have faith in what i believe. Later on came more experience, different experience conserning my faith.

So, based on what you've written thus far...

1. You started with faith.

2. You did research and got some experience.

3. What you did in step 2 strengthened your faith.

Looks to me like you started with the conclusion you wanted and only did research and got experience in areas that you knew beforehand would bolster your desired conclusion. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: Then

rexlunae wrote:

Then what kind of experience was it? How was the revelation made? Surely you're not just making this up; where are the specifics?  

Why? I don't see the point in this comment at all.

 Well, i rather just tell you private message cause i have to write a lot. 

 Your stating what is God made out of because, i have had an experience with him and i'm telling you i don't know then i add in this.

What kind of God would he be if we can understand him?

 


Jessica0
Jessica0's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-01-22
User is offlineOffline
Second, you can gather


Second, you can gather whatever you want for the reason i speak like this is to show the lack of knowledge you people know by judging me. I right like this because, i know somebody will come along like you stating something ignorant such as this through my fake speech patterns.


from dictionary.com

 Faith def 1- confidence or trust in a person or thing

def 2 -belief that is not based on proof: 

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.” Desiderius Erasmus


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: rexlunae

P3RFECT wrote:

rexlunae wrote:

Then what kind of experience was it? How was the revelation made? Surely you're not just making this up; where are the specifics?

Why? I don't see the point in this comment at all.

Well, i rather just tell you private message cause i have to write a lot.

Your stating what is God made out of because, i have had an experience with him and i'm telling you i don't know then i add in this.

What kind of God would he be if we can understand him?

 

Understandable? Meaningful? Sensible? Maybe even useful? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jessica0
Jessica0's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-01-22
User is offlineOffline
Jessica0 wrote: Second,

Jessica0 wrote:

Second, you can gather whatever you want for the reason i speak like this is to show the lack of knowledge you people know by judging me. I right like this because, i know somebody will come along like you stating something ignorant such as this through my fake speech patterns.


from dictionary.com

Faith def 1- confidence or trust in a person or thing

def 2 -belief that is not based on proof:

Why do my quotes not have a box around them?

 

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.” Desiderius Erasmus


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
p3rfect wrote: I

p3rfect wrote:

I researched and whatnot, then came experience. After that i have faith in what i believe. Later on came more experience, different experience conserning my faith.

jcgadfly wrote:

 So, based on what you've written thus far...

1. You started with faith.

2. You did research and got some experience.

3. What you did in step 2 strengthened your faith.

Looks to me like you started with the conclusion you wanted and only did research and got experience in areas that you knew beforehand would bolster your desired conclusion.

 

 Read my quote again. 

I researched/experienced. After that came faith to believe in it. Then came more experience but, conserning my faith.


Jessica0
Jessica0's picture
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-01-22
User is offlineOffline
I quess it worked that

I quess it worked that time................


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Sleepy Norris wrote:

Sleepy Norris wrote:

How does a perfect god create a book that he later has to change? i thought he was perfect. Also you didnt answer the first question regarding the issue of abortion, or in general christians interperating the bible in silly ways to use them for a POLITICAL means rather than anything that is actually said in that "Perfect book"

Also believing in something on faith alone, not to offend your god but he really doesnt know how to keep power very well. I mean he uses's fear tactics just like Machievilli would have approved of, but he doesnt stay close enough to make people remain in fear. Hence the blasphamy challange. Honestly he better lay the smack down on his disenters pretty quickly or he is going to lose his "empire".

Who says the Bible has changed? Atleast the way you think it has.

The Bible doesn't really talk about abortion. People don't like abortion and use the Bible as an example is because, God respects all life and wants us to be fruitful. Among other things.

 

Fear is part of faith but, God talks about love, caring what to do. The fear part is what will happen if you don't believe but, it is your choice.

 

 


sugarfree
Theist
Posts: 478
Joined: 2007-03-14
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: Hello, I'm

P3RFECT wrote:

Hello, I'm new here and i didn't feel like going to every thread and responding so i hope all of you get all the atheists and non atheists in here to have our discussion. Questions about Christianity. Now go tell everybody.

Also, please do one question at a time.


Hi P3RFECT. Hang in there!


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
P3RFECT wrote: p3rfect

P3RFECT wrote:
p3rfect wrote:

I researched and whatnot, then came experience. After that i have faith in what i believe. Later on came more experience, different experience conserning my faith.

jcgadfly wrote:

So, based on what you've written thus far...

1. You started with faith.

2. You did research and got some experience.

3. What you did in step 2 strengthened your faith.

Looks to me like you started with the conclusion you wanted and only did research and got experience in areas that you knew beforehand would bolster your desired conclusion.

 

Read my quote again.

I researched/experienced. After that came faith to believe in it. Then came more experience but, conserning my faith.

I'm trying to equate what you just said with this statement you made earlier:

"Because, i have faith and with faith came experience then sight. Among other things"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


P3RFECT
Theist
Posts: 75
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
sugarfree wrote: Hi

sugarfree wrote:
Hi P3RFECT. Hang in there!

Thank you very much.

I've had a lot of discussions so i heard all before. I

If other theists want to help thats fine.