Christian Forum

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Christian Forum

So I am a member of this forum. They actually allow atheists to post, and have a HUGE archive of threads.

I havent been on in ages, and mostly use it to PM ppl I see while lurking, as I haven't wanted to bluster into a thread acting inadvertently "threatening" to the theists. I dislike conflict, and it's their place, and it's not really a debate forum.

So I happened to look up the RRS. And found THIS.

I go to reply.

Josh1337 wrote:

The RRS is a very blunt, very rude and very disturbed group of people.


"That's not very nice....
I'm a member and I try to be very un-rude, and I don't consider myself disturbed....
Bluntness isn't neccessarily bad, if I say, wanted an opinion from someone I would want a blunt answer usually. Do you have an account there? If so, we may have chatted. If so, then hello!"

 

And click "Post".

And now you, too, can check out THIS forum error message.


"You need to be male to post in this forum. If you are male, please set your gender in your User CP, Profile, so that you are able to post in this forum."

WTF. How is this a male issue? I have never found this kind of sex segregation in any online forum. What is this, The He-man Woman Hater's Club? And honestly, what's stopping someone from tagging the "wrong sex"? In my case, it's honesty. Also, I hate when people mistake me for a guy online. I don't know why, I just do. (One time, a guy said he thought I was a dude "because I seemed so smart ")

Anyway, yeah, it makes me kind of mad. I wanted to reply to his "rude and disturbed" insult, but I can't 'cause I'm a girl.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
WOW!

WOW!

Are you serious? I may have to make an account there and talk to them. 


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Sur-fucking-real. Misogyny

Sur-fucking-real.

Misogyny - that's a given. They're christian. What'd you expect? They love their women so long as they know their place. Heathen women lead men's souls down the path to destruction. 

1 Corintians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

I can't make this shit up.

 

What the fuck is the deal with the little christian soldier avatars? That's just creepy. They're like young boys with spears, swords, and shields.

Oh well. We've got Hamby's machine gun kitty cat. That'll teach 'em not to bring a knife to a gun fight. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
In their defense, it does

In their defense, it does say "Men's Corner" in the thread location.

On the other hand, some comments even creep ME out...

I would suggest that we pray for them and let God’s will be done in their lives. If they choose to serve Satan, it is because God has willed it.

Welcome to Hyper-Calvinism! 

Sounds to me like a bunch of attention-seekers.

From the person with the most badges by his name. 

I'm glad this site and other sites like it are around. We, as a society, need this.

Why?

Because we as a society, are a bunch of wusses nowadays in our faith. We're afraid of it being challenged. We're afraid we will be driven away from God by this. How ridiculous.

I like it when there is something there to challenge me and make me ask questions. Why? Because it spurs me into doing reading and research on my own, growing my intellectual mind and thus my intellectual faith, and as a result, growing even closer to God.

Now there's somebody I could get along with.

BTW, the avatars look really dumb. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Okay... these people are a

Okay... these people are a bit nutty. As a theist, I have seen some threads and comments on this site that don't really bring a smile to my face. But you are nice to me for the most part and listen to what I have to say. We can have intelligent conversation. I appreciate that. According to one post on that Christian forum... you are all Pagan... did I miss something???? I thought Paganism is a religion... I could be wrong...  You know, I'd rather be one of you "hard-hearted" people than to be that dense and well... weird.

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
You have to post 100 times

You have to post 100 times on that website before they let you into the debate forums. That seems excessive to me. I just noticed that GlamourKat is dressed like a nun only with rubber. Nice!

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
GlamourKat is a totally hot

GlamourKat is a totally hot babe and her as a dominatrix is a fantasy of mine.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
That's a pretty disturbing

That's a pretty disturbing chat, if you ask me.  I just peeked real quick and someone is explaining to another person how cutting's ok, but suicide isn't and wouldn't god want to be with them if they slit their wrist with broken glass.  And they say we're miserable and have no reason to  live?  I feel sorry for those kids!

Actually, I think it may be a spammer saying all those things. not sure

Edit - for content.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: That's a

pariahjane wrote:

That's a pretty disturbing chat, if you ask me. I just peeked real quick and someone is explaining to another person how cutting's ok, but suicide isn't and wouldn't god want to be with them if they slit their wrist with broken glass. And they say we're miserable and have no reason to live? I feel sorry for those kids!

Actually, I think it may be a spammer saying all those things. not sure

Edit - for content.

That is pretty disturbing, but 100 posts? That's madness. What if somebody said they wouldn't sleep with you until after 100 dates? Or what if your boss said they wont give you a promotion until you've worked there 100 years? People want to get right to the good stuff, not sit through 100 posts of mindless boring getting to know ya chit chat. That's stupid.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
GlamourKat wrote: Also, I

GlamourKat wrote:

Also, I hate when people mistake me for a guy online. I don't know why, I just do. (One time, a guy said he thought I was a dude "because I seemed so smart ")

Anyway, yeah, it makes me kind of mad. I wanted to reply to his "rude and disturbed" insult, but I can't 'cause I'm a girl.

Um, Kat, this happened to me too (sugarfree).  Guess they can't start a men's only forum here because we would pretty much verbally kick their favorite toy until they sound like girls.  Thankfully,  they let us play in the same sandbox because they are not bigoted assholes and they value us and our opinions and it really doesn't matter what sex we are.  Or is it because they like to look at our knockers?  Hmm...

 Sorry, but the idea of a men's only forum like that is morally repugnant to me.  I understand that this is likely an isolated case but, gawd, how do the other women on that site handle it.  Ugh!  My brain is bleeding from thinking about men like this.


Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
Posts: 428
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Or is it

jce wrote:

Or is it because they like to look at our knockers? Hmm...

***Note to All Female RRS Members***

Hello,

As of May 5th, 2007, all female members of the RRS will be required to use topless photos of themselves as avatars. No variations will be accepted, and any attempt to use fake photographs will result in the member being banned from the forums. In order to be reinstated, a female member must submit to washing dishes and cooking food for the duration of one year at the RRS headquarters in PA.

Thank You,

RRS Management

 

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: GlamourKat

jce wrote:
GlamourKat wrote:

Also, I hate when people mistake me for a guy online. I don't know why, I just do. (One time, a guy said he thought I was a dude "because I seemed so smart ")

Anyway, yeah, it makes me kind of mad. I wanted to reply to his "rude and disturbed" insult, but I can't 'cause I'm a girl.

Um, Kat, this happened to me too (sugarfree). Guess they can't start a men's only forum here because we would pretty much verbally kick their favorite toy until they sound like girls. Thankfully, they let us play in the same sandbox because they are not bigoted assholes and they value us and our opinions and it really doesn't matter what sex we are. Or is it because they like to look at our knockers? Hmm...

Sorry, but the idea of a men's only forum like that is morally repugnant to me. I understand that this is likely an isolated case but, gawd, how do the other women on that site handle it. Ugh! My brain is bleeding from thinking about men like this.

 

That’s all part of the established male-ocracy (if that’s not a word then I own that word), didn’t you ever read “slam the door softly” by Claire Boothe Luce? Women are conditioned to talk illogically because men don’t like women that talk logically, they find it unfeminine.

 

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote: jce

Roisin Dubh wrote:
jce wrote:

Or is it because they like to look at our knockers? Hmm...

***Note to All Female RRS Members***

Hello,

As of May 5th, 2007, all female members of the RRS will be required to use topless photos of themselves as avatars. No variations will be accepted, and any attempt to use fake photographs will result in the member being banned from the forums. In order to be reinstated, a female member must submit to washing dishes and cooking food for the duration of one year at the RRS headquarters in PA.

Thank You,

RRS Management

 

^^Not true!

 

Nice try, though. 


Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
Posts: 121
Joined: 2007-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote: jce

Roisin Dubh wrote:
jce wrote:

Or is it because they like to look at our knockers? Hmm...

***Note to All Female RRS Members***

Hello,

As of May 5th, 2007, all female members of the RRS will be required to use topless photos of themselves as avatars. No variations will be accepted, and any attempt to use fake photographs will result in the member being banned from the forums. In order to be reinstated, a female member must submit to washing dishes and cooking food for the duration of one year at the RRS headquarters in PA.

Thank You,

RRS Management

 



Thanks for the laugh before my final today!

YOU shut the fuck up! WE'LL save America!


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
HOLY CRAP :) the "men's

HOLY CRAP Smiling

the "men's corner" of the "christian forum" actually has threads on "masturbation" and "wet dreams"

Smiling

there's actually guys posting scripture and trying to justify/condemn this stuff. i'm dying over here Smiling

 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens


HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Heh, I've joined up given

Heh, I've joined up given the feeling of new prospects for debate to strengthen my non-faith.

Want me to post your response in the men's corner Glam? 

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
I find intelligent women to

I find intelligent women to be extremely attractive and dumb bimbos to be utterly repugnant no matter how stunning they may be physically. Having a wife who just cleaned and cooked and filled my sexual appetite would probably be my worst nightmare. I'd go for brains over breasts any day (not to diminish the importance of breasts).


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
GlamourKat wrote: And now

GlamourKat wrote:

And now you, too, can check out THIS forum error message.


"You need to be male to post in this forum. If you are male, please set your gender in your User CP, Profile, so that you are able to post in this forum."

WTF. How is this a male issue? I have never found this kind of sex segregation in any online forum. What is this, The He-man Woman Hater's Club?

Ah!  Promise Keepers in action.

They keep their woman "in their place" at home and now on the web, too.

Geez.  Gimme a break! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
Posts: 110
Joined: 2007-02-08
User is offlineOffline
Intelligent women are of

Intelligent women are of course very attractive, which is why I've always preferred the naughty librarian look.  However, never overlook the importance of an amazing set of breasts to go along with that wonderful organ they have between their ears.

I may be a perv, but I let people know it in advance.  You get really lucky when you meet a female equivalent. Smiling

-FG

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG


kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
Posts: 602
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Ummm...who the hell is

Ummm...who the hell is washing my dishes in this whole plan? I live here, too, you know!!! Sticking out tongue


HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy

Family_Guy wrote:

Intelligent women are of course very attractive, which is why I've always preferred the naughty librarian look. However, never overlook the importance of an amazing set of breasts to go along with that wonderful organ they have between their ears.

I may be a perv, but I let people know it in advance. You get really lucky when you meet a female equivalent. Smiling

-FG

Sweet blessings of the naughty librarian!  Nothing better than that. Sealed  Brains + Glasses = some of the hotest women in the world.  As for all this breast talk going around, I'm more of a legs and butt man myself, nothing against breasts, but I'm more interested in those wonderful legs.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.


GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote:

Cory T wrote:
In their defense, it does say "Men's Corner" in the thread location.

WHY is it in the men's only forum? At any rate, the segregated forums over there tend to be women talking about periods and sex(since they're all such delicate violets they don't want anybody knowing they have any of these things). And the men's forums are talking about wet dreams, boners and poop(because chicks just won't "get it&quotEye-wink.

Why does "the RRS" count as a "men's topic"? That's MY beef.

At any rate, I can roll with the boys, and if they have a problem about "womanly" topics, then I suspect they have the good sense not to poke their noses in. So co-ed forums are the best way for me.

Wishkah311 wrote:
As a theist, I have seen some threads and comments on this site that don't really bring a smile to my face. But you are nice to me for the most part and listen to what I have to say. We can have intelligent conversation. I appreciate that.

Awwww, thanks Wishkah. It's important to me that I treat people the same online as I wouldn in real life because there are real feelings on the other end. I have been hurt by anonymous/logged-in forum posts on many a forum, and I'm loathe to do that to someone else. There's always a few asshats who are a little callous in ANY forum. I try not to be that person. Smile

HumanisticJones wrote:
Want me to post your response in the men's corner Glam?

That'd be neat, just a little foreword, "Here's a response from a female who couldn't address your points about the RRS on the male only forum." should do it.

Gauche wrote:

You have to post 100 times on that website before they let you into the debate forums. That seems excessive to me. I just noticed that GlamourKat is dressed like a nun only with rubber. Nice!

didn’t you ever read “slam the door softly” by Claire Boothe Luce? Women are conditioned to talk illogically because men don’t like women that talk logically, they find it unfeminine

Yeah, talk about excessive, huh? We don't even require a minimum IQ to debate on here!!!!

And thanks for noticing my SWEET SWEET Halloween costume. Thought it was fitting that I use it as my avatar here. Atheists have nuns too, see? Wink

Haven't read that but it sounds quite fascinating. Thanks for the reccomendation. That is definately something I've thought for a long time. A lot of guys seem to really like vapid "teehee" types of girls. "Awww, isn't she simple and cute? She won't have to worry her pretty little head as long as I'm takin' care of her." I hate that attitude

MattShizzle wrote:
GlamourKat is a totally hot babe and her as a dominatrix is a fantasy of mine.

Um. Thanks.....?

jce wrote:
Um, Kat, this happened to me too (sugarfree). Guess they can't start a men's only forum here because we would pretty much verbally kick their favorite toy until they sound like girls. Thankfully, they let us play in the same sandbox because they are not bigoted assholes and they value us and our opinions and it really doesn't matter what sex we are. Or is it because they like to look at our knockers? Hmm...

Sorry, but the idea of a men's only forum like that is morally repugnant to me. I understand that this is likely an isolated case but, gawd, how do the other women on that site handle it. Ugh! My brain is bleeding from thinking about men like this.

Oh, don't I just know it. Wasn't it that she said you were "aggressive" while arguing in a way she had only seen with men? [Edit: Yeah, she did it with Iruka too.....] Pfft. Silly. Because all women are timid little mice?

And I agree with you completely. On everything. We're 2 peas in a pod, we are. With bleeding brains and nice knockers... Cool

 

 

 

 


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
I have two comments to

I have two comments to add.  One is intelligent, and one is a typical guy comment, just to show everyone here that theists are human, too. 

jce wrote:

Sorry, but the idea of a men's only forum like that is morally repugnant to me.  I understand that this is likely an isolated case but, gawd, how do the other women on that site handle it.  Ugh!  My brain is bleeding from thinking about men like this.

This actually isn't uncommon in Christian circles.  There are men's Bible studies and women's Bible studies.  The logic here is that men will open up better to other men and women will open up to other women.  The real idea behind Christianity is building relationships and leading others to a deeper understanding of Jesus.  The idea of relationship building gets lost much too often for my taste.

I agree that the RRS discussion belongs in an open forum, however. 

 

Roisin Dubh wrote:

***Note to All Female RRS Members***

Hello,

As of May 5th, 2007, all female members of the RRS will be required to use topless photos of themselves as avatars. No variations will be accepted, and any attempt to use fake photographs will result in the member being banned from the forums. In order to be reinstated, a female member must submit to washing dishes and cooking food for the duration of one year at the RRS headquarters in PA.

Thank You,

RRS Management

 

YES!!!  I knew I came back here for a reason.  Tongue out

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
Posts: 461
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: This

Cory T wrote:

This actually isn't uncommon in Christian circles. There are men's Bible studies and women's Bible studies. The logic here is that men will open up better to other men and women will open up to other women. The real idea behind Christianity is building relationships and leading others to a deeper understanding of Jesus. The idea of relationship building gets lost much too often for my taste.

I agree that the RRS discussion belongs in an open forum, however.

Oh I get it, I do. But I just think that relationship building works better when you aren't excluding 50% on each side. I definately feel this world needs more people connecting, building dialogues with eachother, and we're all human, whether we have vaginas or penises, whether we believe in god or not. Hey, we're talkin', see!? Laughing

I open up best to anyone worthwhile. Men, women, black, white, theist, atheist. If I feel you're worth my pouring my hopes and dreams and feelings about the world into, then I do. It's no girls only club with me. Feelings are feelings. There are no "man only emotions" or "woman only emotions". An, yeah, here's hoping they just posted in the wrong forum, huh? Undecided

Roisin Dubh wrote:

***Note to All Female RRS Members***

Hello,

As of May 5th, 2007, all female members of the RRS will be required to use topless photos of themselves as avatars. No variations will be accepted, and any attempt to use fake photographs will result in the member being banned from the forums. In order to be reinstated, a female member must submit to washing dishes and cooking food for the duration of one year at the RRS headquarters in PA.

Thank You,

RRS Management

LOL How the heck did I miss that the first time!? Hahahha, be careful what you wish for, boys! Wink I'm pretty bad at washing dishes... HAR HAR! 



Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
I hate doing

I hate doing dishes.

:pout:

 

How about nerdy chicks with glasses, are those acceptable?

 

Staying on topic, I actually started out on that same website Kat, but I had to move to another to get my debate on. The rules there are far too restrictive. And I mean, if you have an atheist label, you can't post in some of the NORMAL forums, I've had posts deleted that were outside of the Creation/Evolution forum. 


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
I want a househusband...

I want a househusband... Ninja's not much for the cleaning.. Damn it Now I have to get rich to afford a cute scantily clad houseboy... Cleaning and cooking in nothing but shorts.... that sounds good...

As for talking with girls v. guys... I actually get along better with guys usually.  But generally, I don't like very many people at all, so I just stay at home and open up to my pets... 

I never understood why my church always judged me because I hung out with the guys.  One parent telling me I was a terrible example for her daughter.  Two youth ministers coming to chaperone me as I sat on a couch talking to a friend because they didn't trust me.  What do they think that teenagers are just going to fall into a massive orgy if left alone?  At the time I had barely ever kissed a guy.  Other girls were damn near having sex in the woods at church camp, while I waws *shock* reading the bible.  Just because I hung out with the guys, I must have been a slut... and my mother wonders why I don't go to church...

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: I want a

Wishkah311 wrote:

I want a househusband... Ninja's not much for the cleaning.. Damn it Now I have to get rich to afford a cute scantily clad houseboy... Cleaning and cooking in nothing but shorts.... that sounds good...

As for talking with girls v. guys... I actually get along better with guys usually. But generally, I don't like very many people at all, so I just stay at home and open up to my pets...

I never understood why my church always judged me because I hung out with the guys. One parent telling me I was a terrible example for her daughter. Two youth ministers coming to chaperone me as I sat on a couch talking to a friend because they didn't trust me. What do they think that teenagers are just going to fall into a massive orgy if left alone? At the time I had barely ever kissed a guy. Other girls were damn near having sex in the woods at church camp, while I waws *shock* reading the bible. Just because I hung out with the guys, I must have been a slut... and my mother wonders why I don't go to church...

 

Simply having sex and enjoying your body doesn't make you a slut. From an evolutionary standpoint, pro-creation in the aim of the game, we'e all compelled to do it and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself.

I'm sorry that those ministers were so cruel to you. That's not a very good example or image of yourself that they left you with.I feel so badly for many of the theist females I know. They have problems with their sexuality, having been told how terrible, wrong and bad it is(and how it's all the womans fault, men can't help it, blah blah). 


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
HumanisticJones

HumanisticJones wrote:
Family_Guy wrote:

Intelligent women are of course very attractive, which is why I've always preferred the naughty librarian look. However, never overlook the importance of an amazing set of breasts to go along with that wonderful organ they have between their ears.

I may be a perv, but I let people know it in advance. You get really lucky when you meet a female equivalent. Smiling

-FG

Sweet blessings of the naughty librarian!  Nothing better than that. Sealed  Brains + Glasses = some of the hotest women in the world.  As for all this breast talk going around, I'm more of a legs and butt man myself, nothing against breasts, but I'm more interested in those wonderful legs.

This is the only place that I have heard of women in glasses being sexy.  I knew I came here for a reason!!

If god takes life he's an indian giver


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: This is

pariahjane wrote:

This is the only place that I have heard of women in glasses being sexy. I knew I came here for a reason!!

Brains are most important but yes, women in glasses are very sexy. I have thought so for as long as I can remember.


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
BGH

BGH wrote:

Brains are most important but yes, women in glasses are very sexy. I have thought so for as long as I can remember.

I'm glad... I'm getting classes this week... I don't want them, but I can't see anymore. Good to know I won't be laughed at for them...

[mod edit: closed quote tag] 

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote:   Simply

Maragon wrote:
 

Simply having sex and enjoying your body doesn't make you a slut. From an evolutionary standpoint, pro-creation in the aim of the game, we'e all compelled to do it and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself.

I'm sorry that those ministers were so cruel to you. That's not a very good example or image of yourself that they left you with.I feel so badly for many of the theist females I know. They have problems with their sexuality, having been told how terrible, wrong and bad it is(and how it's all the womans fault, men can't help it, blah blah).

It is very difficult.  And I never understood why so many people thought that was how it should be.  Other ministers I have been around thought I was great.  Thta's why I quit going to church.  My Catholic upbringing still affects me and my self esteem, but I am happier now without all that.  I still love God, but now I don't think he hates me.  That is what church taught me: that God must hate me because I am such a bad person.  Well, i'm no saint, but I am a good person.  And I think God's okay with that.  Thanks for the support.  It is good to know that not everyone judges me and finds me lacking.  Smile

It's funny, some theists act like you guys are so mean and terrible.  The truth is, you guys have (in general) been nicer to me than half the Christians I know.  Whatever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?"  I guess they like to leave that part out.

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: I'm

Wishkah311 wrote:

I'm glad... I'm getting classes this week... I don't want them, but I can't see anymore. Good to know I won't be laughed at for them...

You will have to post a picture after you get them. 


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
[quote BGH]

BGH wrote:

You will have to post a picture after you get them.

I will post one as long as I still look okay. I'll get Ninja's opinion first. If he says I look good, then I will post. Hey maybe they will make me look older so I won't get carded for cigarettes anymore.

[mod edit: fixed quotes] 

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote:

BGH wrote:
You will have to post a picture after you get them.

Wishkah311 wrote:
I will post one as long as I still look okay. I'll get Ninja's opinion first. If he says I look good, then I will post. Hey maybe they will make me look older so I won't get carded for cigarettes anymore.

Holy crap! You smoke? I think you may be my long lost sister or something! I knew there was a reason I liked you.

p.s. The glasses won't help with the carding...I still get carded and I am well past 18.


Kaelestis721
Posts: 7
Joined: 2007-05-02
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm good link...its always

Hmmm good link...its always nice to hear both sides of the fence Smiling

 Anyways, I wouldn't get too offended about not being able to post on that topic b/c it was in a 'man's corner'...the only real reason for that is b/c it was started by the Male OP and I guess he wanted to plant his seeds of anti-RRS in the male forums rather then on the open forums.  It's not like a mod would really find the topic and move it most likely either since those forums are so large as it is.

I couldn't post their either b/c I didn't list my religion as christian...doh!

P.S. I wear glasses ... but I think I bought the wrong kind my case looks really girly :/  (I'm a guy btw)

At least I still like the way they look


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: Hey

Wishkah311 wrote:

Hey maybe they will make me look older so I won't get carded for cigarettes anymore.

Fellow smokers unite!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
Posts: 428
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote: Ummm...who

kellym78 wrote:
Ummm...who the hell is washing my dishes in this whole plan? I live here, too, you know!!! :-P

 Kelly--

 Please ceast and desist all posting on RRS message boards until all of Rook's shirts have been ironed.

 Thank You,

 Bryen Sapeent 

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote:

Roisin Dubh wrote:

Kelly--

Please ceast and desist all posting on RRS message boards until all of Rook's shirts have been ironed.

Thank You,

Bryen Sapeent

LOL, you're killing me over here! LOL. 


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: Maragon

Wishkah311 wrote:
Maragon wrote:

Simply having sex and enjoying your body doesn't make you a slut. From an evolutionary standpoint, pro-creation in the aim of the game, we'e all compelled to do it and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself.

I'm sorry that those ministers were so cruel to you. That's not a very good example or image of yourself that they left you with.I feel so badly for many of the theist females I know. They have problems with their sexuality, having been told how terrible, wrong and bad it is(and how it's all the womans fault, men can't help it, blah blah).

It is very difficult. And I never understood why so many people thought that was how it should be. Other ministers I have been around thought I was great. Thta's why I quit going to church. My Catholic upbringing still affects me and my self esteem, but I am happier now without all that. I still love God, but now I don't think he hates me. That is what church taught me: that God must hate me because I am such a bad person. Well, i'm no saint, but I am a good person. And I think God's okay with that. Thanks for the support. It is good to know that not everyone judges me and finds me lacking. Smile

It's funny, some theists act like you guys are so mean and terrible. The truth is, you guys have (in general) been nicer to me than half the Christians I know. Whatever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?" I guess they like to leave that part out.

 

Thanks very much for the compliment. Smiling

 And I'm glad that you're getting away from the negative influences that religion can have on self-esteem.

One of the first reasons that I originally distanced myself from Christianity was the horrible misogynistic messages contained with the bible and emulated in the clergy. The bible tells me that I'm less than a man, less intelligent, less important, etc, and I always felt(aven as a child) that this was incorrect.

As for us being nicer than some theists; atheists are largely humanists. I believe in and care for people regardless of their beliefs. What an arbitrary qualitator when choosing who to associate with! Just because we have warring ideologies doesn't make me think less of who you are as a person. 


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Holy crap! You

jce wrote:

Holy crap! You smoke? I think you may be my long lost sister or something! I knew there was a reason I liked you.

p.s. The glasses won't help with the carding...I still get carded and I am well past 18.

Damn... I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm usually the ONLY person to get carded at bars and such...  I don't look that much younger than everyone else... Maybe I should go with smaller shirts.... distract them.. 

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


Wishkah311
Theist
Wishkah311's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: Thanks very

Maragon wrote:

Thanks very much for the compliment. Smiling

And I'm glad that you're getting away from the negative influences that religion can have on self-esteem.

One of the first reasons that I originally distanced myself from Christianity was the horrible misogynistic messages contained with the bible and emulated in the clergy. The bible tells me that I'm less than a man, less intelligent, less important, etc, and I always felt(aven as a child) that this was incorrect.

As for us being nicer than some theists; atheists are largely humanists. I believe in and care for people regardless of their beliefs. What an arbitrary qualitator when choosing who to associate with! Just because we have warring ideologies doesn't make me think less of who you are as a person.

It is scary to basically walk into a room full of people who think you are a little nutty, or at the least just plain wrong.  Well, that could be my self esteem issues talking.  either way, I was nervous and hesitant to join this site as a theist.  I didn't want it to turn out like sugarfree or goodlikeamedicine or (dear God no) mythman.  But after discussing with a few of you guys, I've felt a lot more comfortable with you guys, and my own beliefs.  LeftofLarry and Hambydammit helped me put a name to my belief structure: I'm a panentheist!  I'd never heard of it before, but it fits my views perfectly.  Kinda ironic that I had to come here to get comfortable with my faith  : P 

Ah, the pitter patter of tiny feet in huge combat boots.


razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
Posts: 901
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
That forum is a little

That forum is a little off...and is it just me or is it really difficult to navigate?


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: It is

Wishkah311 wrote:
It is scary to basically walk into a room full of people who think you are a little nutty, or at the least just plain wrong. Well, that could be my self esteem issues talking. either way, I was nervous and hesitant to join this site as a theist. I didn't want it to turn out like sugarfree or goodlikeamedicine or (dear God no) mythman. But after discussing with a few of you guys, I've felt a lot more comfortable with you guys, and my own beliefs. LeftofLarry and Hambydammit helped me put a name to my belief structure: I'm a panentheist! I'd never heard of it before, but it fits my views perfectly. Kinda ironic that I had to come here to get comfortable with my faith : P

Well, considering we are all a little nutty (from what I have seen) how could you NOT fit it??

I think I can speak for the group when I say we are glad you are here and I understand about getting comfortable with your beliefs/non-beliefs.  It just plain feels good to be at a place where you can discuss these things rationally with out being told you are wrong.  (Except for sugarfree, mythman, goodlikeamedicine...but they are wrong so that doesn't count.  Actually, they are irrational and that is one thing that just doesn't fly around here.) 


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
razorphreak wrote:

razorphreak wrote:

That forum is a little off...and is it just me or is it really difficult to navigate?

 

Hmmm..? What...? Were we talking about something specific? You are right. The thread has gotten derailed and I think I just contributed to it. Sorry!

I haven't checked that forum.  Is it bad?


razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
Posts: 901
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Hmmm..?

jce wrote:
Hmmm..? What...? Were we talking about something specific? You are right. The thread has gotten derailed and I think I just contributed to it. Sorry!

I haven't checked that forum. Is it bad?

I'm a web designer and developer by trade and it took me a few hours to actually figure out a few things.  Ironically, when I joined up on this one I was posting in no time.

I know you guys were talking about topless avitars and I think Matt was flirting with Kat...oh and wishkah was going to wear tighter sweaters, ((in a beavis voice))or something.  I just had to throw 2 cents in about the forum itself.

What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason. - Voltaire


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Wishkah311 wrote: I never

Wishkah311 wrote:

I never understood why my church always judged me because I hung out with the guys. One parent telling me I was a terrible example for her daughter. Two youth ministers coming to chaperone me as I sat on a couch talking to a friend because they didn't trust me. What do they think that teenagers are just going to fall into a massive orgy if left alone? At the time I had barely ever kissed a guy. Other girls were damn near having sex in the woods at church camp, while I waws *shock* reading the bible. Just because I hung out with the guys, I must have been a slut... and my mother wonders why I don't go to church...

That's actually bad on the part of the youth ministers.  They should trust people more.  That sets a bad example for youth ministers.

Maragon wrote:

Simply having sex and enjoying your body doesn't make you a slut. From an evolutionary standpoint, pro-creation in the aim of the game, we'e all compelled to do it and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself.

I don't deal in evolutionary terms.  Humans are better than the animals; we have free will.  Therefore, we can control our urges and we don't have to behave in that fashion.  I always hate when people make comparisons like this.

pariahjane wrote:

This is the only place that I have heard of women in glasses being sexy.  I knew I came here for a reason!!

Don't even get me started about how sexy girls in glasses are.  We'll be here all night.  Impure thoughts are sinful, which means that Devil must have invented bikinis, thongs, and the most devious of all his tools: GLASSES.

whishkah311 wrote:

My Catholic upbringing still affects me and my self esteem, but I am happier now without all that.  I still love God, but now I don't think he hates me.  That is what church taught me: that God must hate me because I am such a bad person.  Well, i'm no saint, but I am a good person.  And I think God's okay with that.  Thanks for the support.  It is good to know that not everyone judges me and finds me lacking.  Smile

It's funny, some theists act like you guys are so mean and terrible.  The truth is, you guys have (in general) been nicer to me than half the Christians I know.  Whatever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged?"  I guess they like to leave that part out.

Spoken like a true ex-Catholic.  This is why the Protestant Reformation started in the first place!  For Catholics, it's all about what you do.  But, in reality, it's all about what God has already done for you.

With your second paragraph, you're almost there.  God wants you to be you, but He also has a plan for you and desires that you live in submission to Him to complete it.  However, He isn't going to keep holding sin that you're honestly sorry for against you.  That's Jesus' redemptive power.  Something that Catholic Church doesn't like to preach, since they think that it's going to empty their pews and confessionals.

Most churches, Catholic and Protestent alike, DO dispense with the "Judge not lest ye be judged" line.  That's very, very sad. 

 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
razorphreak wrote:

razorphreak wrote:
I'm a web designer and developer by trade and it took me a few hours to actually figure out a few things. Ironically, when I joined up on this one I was posting in no time.

Whoa! I just checked out and it is strange to say the least.

There is a lot going on over there that is just plain weird. Why would they caution somone against having their faith and views challenged? I do not understand that at all!

I know someone else posted it, but yeah, the avatars are stupid.

 

razorphreak wrote:
I know you guys were talking about topless avitars and I think Matt was flirting with Kat...oh and wishkah was going to wear tighter sweaters, ((in a beavis voice))or something. I just had to throw 2 cents in about the forum itself.

We're a fun group, aren't we? LOL


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy

Family_Guy wrote:

Intelligent women are of course very attractive, which is why I've always preferred the naughty librarian look.  However, never overlook the importance of an amazing set of breasts to go along with that wonderful organ they have between their ears.

I wasn't overlooking breasts, I was just saying that I'd probably choose brains over them anyday. And yes, the naughty librarian look is very appealing. I went out with one, well she's not a librarian yet.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
"

Cory T wrote:
Maragon wrote:

Simply having sex and enjoying your body doesn't make you a slut. From an evolutionary standpoint, pro-creation in the aim of the game, we'e all compelled to do it and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself.

I don't deal in evolutionary terms. Humans are better than the animals; we have free will. Therefore, we can control our urges and we don't have to behave in that fashion. I always hate when people make comparisons like this.

 

We are more highly evolved but we're still mammals. Mammals need to have sex in order to procreate, and if we don't procreate our species dies. It's just that simple. We have, whether you deal in 'evolutionary terms' or not, evolved to enjoy sex so that we WANT to procreate.

And yes, we can control our urges, and in many cases should. ie. On occassion I've WANTED to have sex with my fiancee, yet we were out in public, so I controlled my urge. This is appropriate and practical.

However, the religious right takes this control out of the realm of common decency and social norms and into this whole 'no sex before an arbitrary point that we define as marriage'. And REALLY, if you study the religious texts this applies far more to the female than the male. It had to do with heredity and property; when the man passed down his property to his son, he wanted to be sure this WAS his son and therefore the patriarchy decided that if all women were virgins before marriage you would always know that she was only birthing YOUR sons.

The religious right uses 'no sex' as a form of social control. Abstinance Only programs in schools are a huge failure because we are not MEANT to be celibate. And in this day in age when we can prevent unwanted pregnancy and stop the spread of STD's 90%+ of the time, why should we all have to not have sex until marriage?(No, I'm not promoting orgies and random casual sex, I'm saying that pre-marital sex in a commited relationship is healthy and normal by world standards.)

The only reason to promote a 'no sex' view is a religious one.


HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Well, I tried to post a

Well, I tried to post a response, but guess what!  I'm man enough to post, but aparently not christian enough to respond in that section.  That's right, I was told that only christians could respond to it.  Absolutely wonderful.

On a side note, am I justified in being worried when people are sending me images like this as greetings?

 

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
HumanisticJones

HumanisticJones wrote:

Well, I tried to post a response, but guess what! I'm man enough to post, but aparently not christian enough to respond in that section. That's right, I was told that only christians could respond to it. Absolutely wonderful.

On a side note, am I justified in being worried when people are sending me images like this as greetings?

That's just creepy.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.