Are you a true Christian?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

I made this test on OKCupid a while back. See what you really know about the Bible!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=7170693911873259163

:twisted:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Re: Are you a true Christian?

MattShizzle wrote:
I made this test on OKCupid a while back. See what you really know about the Bible!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=7170693911873259163

:twisted:

Sorry, but there's too many loaded questions (i.e. questions based on false or misleading premises) for me to answer them.

David

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Typical Christian response. :roll:

All questions are based on what the Bible really says, except the quotes.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

1st question isn't good God didn't create evil.. evil is the absent of good. like dark is the absent of light it isn't dark is seperate from light. dark is light but not enough of it to sustain light for us to see. goes the same way with good vs. evil. but I think we understand what is bad so that we can understand what is good. .. 2nd answer is YHWH and the rest pretty much proves you don't have any knowledge at all about what the Bible really says.. God spoke in many parables why? to keep the enemy from understanding Gods plans. why is that? well God is all-powerful He can kick satan into the next millinium if God chooses to do so. but like a fair person He decides to fight this battle the right way.

wouldn't mind you changing those answer and putting up the correct ones.. thanks

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline

Excellent stuff Matt...
Interesting how most Atheists know more about the Bible than most Christians...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
1st question isn't good God didn't create evil.. evil is the absent of good.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

spentley
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
God spoke in many parables why? to keep the enemy from understanding Gods plans.

why is that? well God is all-powerful He can kick satan into the next millinium if God chooses to do so. but like a fair person He decides to fight this battle the right way.

I can't believe this makes sense to anyone.

Whose the enemy, didn't god create the enemy. Then why didn't he just not create an enemy. Everyone would be happy, and it might make sense to believe in an all-powerful god.

dude, you have to make up your mind and think shit out a bit more.

you even said your god was like "a fair person".

When you prove to me there is a god... i know i can argue he is not fair.

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

spentley wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:
God spoke in many parables why? to keep the enemy from understanding Gods plans.

why is that? well God is all-powerful He can kick satan into the next millinium if God chooses to do so. but like a fair person He decides to fight this battle the right way.

I can't believe this makes sense to anyone.

Whose the enemy, didn't god create the enemy. Then why didn't he just not create an enemy. Everyone would be happy, and it might make sense to believe in an all-powerful god.

dude, you have to make up your mind and think shit out a bit more.

you even said your god was like "a fair person".

When you prove to me there is a god... i know i can argue he is not fair.

I am too in awe that this makes sense to anyone. Is the Christian's view of a God akin to that in the Baldur's Gate series? Where Gods are subject to rulings of other Gods and they all fight fairly on an even battleground? Next we'll hear that a mortal can kill God.

I should really go to church sometime, it would be better than reading a good fantasy novel the way some people preach.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

God himself also says in the bible his very name is "Jealous."

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline

Equilibrium wrote:

I should really go to church sometime, it would be better than reading a good fantasy novel the way some people preach.

LOL, I've been saying that for years now: the Bible is a great fictional Fantasy book, and a great source of ideas for D&D adventures... Laughing out loud Wait, I just admitted that I played D&D on a public forum. Wow, I'm pathetic sometimes. Hahhah. "Dungeons and Dragons, Satan's game..."

God,all-knowing and all-powerful, created the fuck-ups in the Bible... to confuse his enemies? Wow. Just... wow. There's so many things wrong with that statement that I'm stunned that someone really believes that.

So a self-evident god, the omnipotent Creator is afraid of his enemies (what enemies?) so he made his entire message garbled and illogical so as to confuse them to his plans? Why would an all-powerful source of all reality need to confound anyone? If he's afraid his "enemies" could unravel his Plan somehow then he isn't "all-powerful" or "all-knowing" (since he isn't sure which ones are going to unravel his plans, obviously), which them means that God isn't God... An all-powerful, all-present, all-knowing God (a) Would know who was going to try to thwart him, (b) Make a plan that can't be thwarted, (c) Just in case it turns out he could be thwarted he'd know about it beforehand and change reality, (d) know about the change ahead of time, so it'd already be woven into His Plan. Or God isn't really a god...

...interesting.

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Sapient, I have a quick question about your question.

When you ask "Who created evil?", are you asking who ORIGINALLY created evil, (as in - who first brought evil into existence)? Or are you asking who is involved in creating evil now and then?

David

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Also, JesusSaves mentioned that dark is simply the absence of light, they are not separate. True. But doesn't the Bible in Genesis directly say God separated the light from the dark?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:

When you ask "Who created evil?", are you asking who ORIGINALLY created evil, (as in - who first brought evil into existence)? Or are you asking who is involved in creating evil now and then?

David

I didn't ask a question about who created evil.

Crazywumbat
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
God spoke in many parables why? to keep the enemy from understanding Gods plans. why is that? well God is all-powerful He can kick satan into the next millinium if God chooses to do so. but like a fair person He decides to fight this battle the right way.

I'm going to assume, drawing from what you've said, that you're implying Satan is God's enemy.

So, for arguments sake, lets assume everything in that statement is right. Given the description of Satan in the Bible, surely you're not saying that you can see through God's parables and understand his true motives, but Satan can't?

*whistles* Talk about arrogance.

"Cause like...we're all gods children, but if you're not white...well...I mean it's like you're gods step-child."

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:

David

I didn't ask a question about who created evil.

To quote Britney Spears..."Oops, I did it again".

So, MattShizzle, same question: When you ask "Who created evil?", are you asking who ORIGINALLY created evil, (as in - who first brought evil into existence)? Or are you asking who is involved in creating evil now and then?

Sorry, Sapient.

David

jsr3000
User is offlineOffline

the_avenging_bucket wrote:
Excellent stuff Matt...

Isn't it obvious? Actually reading the Bible is a step towards atheism.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

I meant originally.

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
I'm going to assume, drawing from what you've said, that you're implying Satan is God's enemy.

So, for arguments sake, lets assume everything in that statement is right. Given the description of Satan in the Bible, surely you're not saying that you can see through God's parables and understand his true motives, but Satan can't?

well God would make a way for me and others to see and understand Gods parables it isn't I who would understand them by myself those who weren't born again wouldn't understand them at all. but of course like paul said you can be born again but still do not understand them. it just depends on where you are in your spiritual growth. its not on my understanding of things but its the Holy Spirit or Gods understanding of things. so I either let him teach me (and then go to another Christian who is older) or I go to another Christian and then go double check if he was right or not.

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
I meant originally.

That's what I thought you meant. Can you give me anything from the Bible to back it up?

David

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline

Excellent stuff Matt...

Lol, thats what makes us Atheists. You'd think a normal person would believe a man was eaten by a whale.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Sapient already posted the Bible quote that backs it up!

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

I've read that there have been incidences where a human being was written by a whale.

KCahill wrote:
Excellent stuff Matt...

Lol, thats what makes us Atheists. You'd think a normal person would believe a man was eaten by a whale.

Saganite
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
I've read that there have been incidences where a human being was written by a whale.

KCahill wrote:
Excellent stuff Matt...

I've gotta back JS up on this one. For several years now I've been in "pen-pal" correspondance with an Orca from somewhere around the Arctic Circle (I don't know exactly where, her family moves alot.)

It kind of sucks that the letters are always wet, and sometimes the Ink runs, but as for Shamploo herself, she's just a riot! Has me in stitches all the time.

But as for people being eaten by whales, I'd belive it. As for someone being eaten by a whale, being IN the whale for any amount of time exceeding 1 minute, and surviving. That's what we in Georgia call HORSESHIT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the Rant. Don't worry it's a short one.

JS, I want you to just take a step back for a second. Set your faith down at your feet and just try to look at this claim in a purely objective light, as if someone else were saying it.

"I [JS] belive that the bible is written in [simple to understand] parable, as a sort of "secret code" to throw off gods "enemies" [presumably satan and...who? Ghandi? Darwin?] and prevent them from learning of his "plans." However, god endows me with super-deductory powers, in excess of those of satan, so that I may understand what god "really meant" when he wrote things. These same simple phrases are completely incomprehensible to satan and his minions (who presumably dont speak english). If I don't understand a verse, I go to an "older" christian, someone further along in thier spiritual "growth" who has been instructed directly by god, and then accept whatever they say god means when he says whatever tripe I was choking down."

Did I get the gist of it all JS? are you perhaps starting to see why it's a little difficult to buy this bull? I mean for crying out loud, ok, lets for a second assume your delusion is true, that you can understand gods true intent and plans in these parables, but satan cant. well shit, if satan can possess people, presumably he'd be able to just look into your brain and figure this shit out? Or how about he just stands beside some bible-beating fuckwad on the corner, preaching the "holy word" and listens to him put it in plain speach for a while?

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that god created satan knowing full well what he would do. So having to hide his "plans" (doesnt that imply the possibility of failiur) from anyone is fucking ludicrous.

And yet to you all this is much more probable than a couple thousand years ago, some people decided to cobble together bits from old religeons, and come up with a new one. Then just pulled shit out of thier asses to write a holy book and called it the devine, god inspired words? People lying through their teeth is THAT uncommon??????????

I vote YES http//underdogryan.blogspot.com/2005/09/should-men-fling-poo.html

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:

You misdefine something here. It is true that the presence of something requires creation, but is it false that the ABSENCE of something requires some activity as well ?

For the sake of argument, let us presume for a moment that God does not create "the absence of goodness", which you define to be evil. Therefore, this evil would have to either not exist, or to appear intrinsically out of something that God created (also presuming God created EVERYTHING). The second option is quite obviously a fallacy, since the concept of evil exists, and its practice is punished (why woyuld you punish someone for doing something that does not exist?).

The second option is that evil derives out of something that God created (be it Adam or Eve, or Satan or whatever, that does not matter), thus it is also part of God's responsibility (had He not created the "root" of it, evil would not have appeared as a concept).

I leave only these two options. There would be another option that evil simply appeared, but that would mean that there is another creational force (an entity that can create itself) around here. To what laws does it stick? How powerful is it relationing to God? Can it cross God's will? This problem, when posted by yours truly, was said to be far too complexe and unlikely by theists I've asked, therefore the only two options reside above.

Also the Bible states clearly that God creates evil as he wishes, as Sapient quoted, therefore the third option totally fails. Therefore the debate on who created evil is pointless, unless you're willing to assume that the Bible's word is not what you should listen to, or that the Bible shouldn't be subject to logical understanding, in which case we are talking at totally different levels.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline

mattschizzle,
I just took the test and passed. I know more about the Bible than mose xians I have meet. It would be good if you gave the correct answers and their references after taking the test.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yes, I would really agree on the answers part... with reference. I fancy knowing quite something about the Bible, but there are certain things that have really blown my mind.

If you're a mean'ol'atheist, it's not difficult to guess the correct answers if you don't know much about the Bible... in most cases just pick the least likely from a moral or logical point of view Smiling

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

But it doesn't. Read the Bible verse, and then read the question you wrote. See the problem?

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Your question: Who (originally) created evil?

It really should be pretty darned obvious.

David

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

But it doesn't. Read the Bible verse, and then read the question you wrote. See the problem?

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

David

Who is responsible for ALL of the evil ever created on this Earth... GOD... the buck stops there.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

David

Who is responsible for ALL of the evil ever created on this Earth... GOD... the buck stops there.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were misreading it one way, but you're misreading it another way.

David

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:

we just talked about this for a while today, but first to understand who created evil we need to know "what is evil?"

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

David

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were misreading it one way, but you're misreading it another way.

David

I just wanted to add that I doubt MattShizzle misread it the same way you did (correct me if I'm wrong, Matt). If He misread the text to mean that God creates all evil, then why isn't his question "Who creates all evil?" Isn't crediting God with ALL evil more damning than crediting Him with only having created it originally? It seems pretty obvious to me that He misread it to mean "God created evil". Again, correct me if I'm wrong, Matt.

David

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

we just talked about this for a while today, but first to understand who created evil we need to know "what is evil?"

That's a good point. One problem is that we're talking here about the English translation of a Hebrew word. We all know that words in other languages don't always have the exact same set of meanings as they do in English. When translating, people choose the closest word, even though it may have connotations in Hebrew that it doesn't have in English. The word translated as "evil" in the KJV (the Hebrew "ra"Eye-wink can mean evil as we understand it, or it could mean punishment, adversity, trouble, sorrows, suffering or misfortune.

For example, "ra" is translated as "grievous" in Proverbs 15:10: "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die." But that clearly doesn't mean that correction is evil or wrong - in fact, it's clearly a good thing in this event. It's just that it causes sorrow for the one being corrected.

And since, in Isaiah 45:7, "ra" is used as an opposite for "peace", something along the lines of "trouble" or "suffering" is a better translation than "evil", since "peace" and "evil" aren't opposites. I know some translations use other words, like "disaster" (NIV), "calamity" (NAS, NKJ), "bad times" (New Living Translation), "sorrow" (Contemporary English version), and "hard times" (New International).

David

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Thanks David, I really don't know Hebrew. so I guess that is why I didn't know that. thanks agian

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

That's a moot issue. God is responsible for everything, good bad, evil, and non-evil. It really doesn't matter what's evil, whatever it is, God is responsible for it all. At least if we entertain the notion that Bible God is real.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

That's a moot issue. God is responsible for everything, good bad, evil, and non-evil. It really doesn't matter what's evil, whatever it is, God is responsible for it all. At least if we entertain the notion that Bible God is real.

Not if God gave us free will.

And yes, I'm saying that God created the world knowing that some people would act outside of His will, and decided to go ahead with it anyway. But that's only because God wants what's best for the human race as a whole in the long run, and allowing us the option to choose right and wrong for ourselves is best for us as a whole in the long run. If God had instead made us mindless robots incapable of doing anything God disapproves of, incapable of making choices, then life wouldn't really be worth living. I would hate knowing that I was nothing more than someone's puppet, wouldn't you? God loves us enough to allow us to think and decide for ourselves what path we take. Even though I've made many mistakes in my life and have caused myself some degree of suffering with my choices, I prefer having had the ability to do so. It makes life a lot more interesting.

David

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

<edit moot shit not on topic>

RED HERRING.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-herring.html

Also Known as: Smoke Screen, Wild Goose Chase.
Description of Red Herring

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. Topic A is under discussion.
2. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
3. Topic A is abandoned.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

BACK ON TOPIC: GOD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE EVIL EVER CAUSED!

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

Okay, leave it at "Not if God gave us free will", which would make US responsible for the evil we commit, not God.

David

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Oh, yeah. Another question on the quiz that's incorrect is #3, "Which of the following dictators was most genocidal - i.e. killed the most people. Yes, this requires some knowledge outside the Bible."

The answer would be Stalin, who killed about 13 million (though Mao Tse Tung, though not given as an option, killed about 49 million)

Even if I were to give you Noah's Flood (though it wasn't genocide - God specifically chose individuals to survive, and I also believe this is parable, not history) and those killed by the Israelites (also not genocide - it was self-defense), you wouldn't come anywhere near 13,000,000. Though no even approximate number is given for the flood in the Bible, the best estimates would be around one or two million.

David

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:

Okay, leave it at "Not if God gave us free will", which would make US responsible for the evil we commit, not God.

And who created us knowing the evil we'd commit? God! Therefore God is ultimately responsible for all evil.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:

And who created us knowing the evil we'd commit? God! Therefore God is ultimately responsible for all evil.

See my response in the part you called a "red herring".

David

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
Though no even approximate number is given for the flood in the Bible, the best estimates would be around one or two million.

Based on a guess. What are you basing this on?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:

See my response in the part you called a "red herring".

David

I will, but I'm guessing ahead of time, you will still dodge the reality of the blood that remains on your gods hands.

EDIT IN: WTF, I just looked. You were referring to the previous post in this thread? I thought you were referring to another thread. Holy shit, not only was I right about you dodging reality, you actually threw out something very close to ANOTHER red herring in the process. Wow, just fucking wow.

Once again...

Q. Who created us knowing the evil we'd commit?
A. God!

Therefore God is ultimately responsible for all evil. The buck stops at God.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
Though no even approximate number is given for the flood in the Bible, the best estimates would be around one or two million.

Based on a guess. What are you basing this on?

Various studies that tried to figure out the likely exponential growth of the population from Adam's time to Noah's. They didn't all agree on the numbers, since they used different numbers of children per generation (and other factors), but averaging out the various estimates, we end up in the low 7-digits, which is what most fell in.

I know there's a web site about this, which is where I got the info, but I can't find it at the moment. Maybe it's shut down, or maybe I'm just googling the wrong words. If anyone really wants to see it, I'll try to find it later.

I wonder what Matt based his numbers on?

David

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:

I will, but I'm guessing ahead of time, you will still dodge the reality of the blood that remains on your gods hands.

Considering that God (per the Bible, at least) created life - even if He ended people's lives, they at least got to live in the first place because of Him.

Isn't it better to live and die, than not to live at all?

David

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:

EDIT IN: WTF, I just looked. You were referring to the previous post in this thread? I thought you were referring to another thread. Holy shit, not only was I right about you dodging reality, you actually threw out something very close to ANOTHER red herring in the process. Wow, just fucking wow.

Once again...

Q. Who created us knowing the evil we'd commit?
A. God!

Therefore God is ultimately responsible for all evil. The buck stops at God.

And again, read the part you called a "red herring". It clearly explains why God created us knowing the evil we'd commit, yet is not ultimately responsible for all evil. It's because giving us free will, even with the resulting evil, is best for the human race as a whole in the long run. The only thing God could have done to stop all evil would be to not give us free will, which would make us mindless robots. That's why God gave us the gift of free will, and since we have free will, the buck stops with US!

How does that not respond to your statement that God is responsible for our actions?

David

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

KingDavid8 wrote:

It clearly explains why God created us knowing the evil we'd commit, yet is not ultimately responsible for all evil.

And that my friend is a complete dodge of reality. Any rational person can see that.

Quote:
That's why God gave us the gift of free will, and since we have free will, the buck stops with US!

The buck doesn't stop with us. That is just ridiculous. That dodge of reality, is what seperates you from honest and rational people.

Quote:

How does that not respond to your statement that God is responsible for our actions?

It answers it, just exactly as I would expect a dishonest person to answer it. Thanks for the answer.

HeliosOfTheSun
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
KingDavid8 wrote:
Sapient wrote:
JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

RED HERRING.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-herring.html

Also Known as: Smoke Screen, Wild Goose Chase.
Description of Red Herring

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. Topic A is under discussion.
2. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
3. Topic A is abandoned.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

BACK ON TOPIC: GOD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE EVIL EVER CAUSED!

LMFAO. Thats pretty funny. And he's definely right, stay on subject. God(if he did exist) he would have created EVERYTHING. As GOD he made EVEYTHING. The word "evil" can be tossed around for what it means.

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
LMFAO. Thats pretty funny. And he's definely right, stay on subject. God(if he did exist) he would have created EVERYTHING. As GOD he made EVEYTHING. The word "evil" can be tossed around for what it means.

so how do you judge what is evil and what isn't evil? who or what gave you that incite to know?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Anything that is harmful to humanity is evil, anything beneficial is good. Pretty easy to figure that out. No need for making up an invisible man in the sky! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv2yXh6pTDY&search=george%20carlin

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusSaves wrote:
Quote:

so how do you judge what is evil and what isn't evil? who or what gave you that incite to know?

In several ways, utility, empathy, cultural and societal edicts and relativeness....but that is really beside the point.

The question we really need to ask here since it seems you are touching on the subject of objective morallity is the Euthyphro dillemma: Is what is moral commanded by god because it is moral, or is it moral because it's commanded by god? Either choice you make leads to problems. Problems for the theist that is.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Anything that is harmful to humanity is evil, anything beneficial is good. Pretty easy to figure that out. No need for making up an invisible man in the sky! :roll:

so where do you get that idea from, intellect or by what people say?

and not everything is like harmful or not harmful. for instance, male and female, we have laws that tell people that you should wear clothing outside, certianly if that wasn't evil it wouldn't be a law.