Argument non-existence handicapped god
I saw a proof of the non-existence of God somewhere on the Internet. I can't find it now and I'm way too dumb to figure out how to google it. It went something like this.
- God is that greater than which nothing can be conceived.
- A god who created the entire universe is pretty impressive, but
- He's not as impressive as a God who could create the entire universe with one hand tied behind his back.
- The greater the handicap, the greater the god. Eg. A god who created the universe while blindfolded, hogtied, with the Soundtrack from the Beverly Hillbillies playing at infinite volume in the background, and with a pit bull chewing on his genitals.
- In fact, the greatest of all possble Gods is the one which could create the universe under the ultimate handicap. The ultimate handicap would be non-existence.
Q.E.D. That than which nothing greater can be conceived is a non-existent god.
I promise you, I am not creative enough to make this up. Okay, I did make up the extra handicaps. But not the formal proof. I know I saw it somewhere. But now I can't find it. It was maybe even on a thread here. Anyone got any ideas?