we accept your challenge

ftball4him32
Theist
User is offlineOffline
we accept your challenge

hey everyone.....i go to liberty university. this past wednesday night one of our campus pastors, Ergun Caner, had a message where he talked about and directly to the RRS about the blasphemy challenge. everyone needs to see this video. here is the link...... 

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/liberty/cpo/campuschurch/20070207_cc_ec.wvx

[MOD EDIT: OUR LETTER TO ERGUN CANER.

Our challenge is to speak with us on our show, we can give you the same fairness decried to us in your video. No edits. Furthermore nobody from Liberty has properly contacted us, get us a phone number for Ergun Caner. We will not travel to Liberty, I know Dawkins wont either, maybe call Sam. Brian Flemming has re-issued a challenge to take Caner on one on one in a moderated discussion on our show. Furthermore we would talk with Caner, Falwell, and one more on our show with our whole team. Challenge accepted, now make it happen as if you really want to do this and have the big bosses actually contact us.]

pby
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: pby

Susan wrote:
pby wrote:

Then...provide the massive evidences that Christ did not create the universe in six days.

It is the responsibility of the claimant to provide proof.  You cannot ask someone to prove a negative.

And, uh, who is it you claim created the universe? 

Christ created the universe.

doctoro
doctoro's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it was the holy

I think it was the holy spirit, not christ.

Then again, maybe it was the Elohim.

No wait, Yahweh did it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
doctoro wrote: I think it

doctoro wrote:

No wait, Yahweh did it.

Lies! It was me.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
pbyChrist created the

pby wrote:

When you say Christ created the Universe, I have to ask, 'how'?  Did Christ start tapdancing and the Universe came out of his slappin' shoes?  Did Christ masturbate and the Universe is made of holy jism?

When you say something like "Christ created the Universe", that is begging the question unless you can also explain what it is you mean by 'create'.  To 'create' implies that there was something that you made something out of the surroundings.  So, what preexisted the Universe so that it could be 'created'?

The statement 'Christ created the Universe' is sorely lacking and pathetic.  It is an attempt to end the discussion by saying something of such extreme ignorance that you hope others will just give up and walk away.  It's ok for you to get some paint on your shoes - come out of the corner you're in.

Seriously, wtf?

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy wrote: pby

Family_Guy wrote:
pby wrote:

When you say Christ created the Universe, I have to ask, 'how'?

Well, he spoke it into existence.

pby can't actually give a real answer though. He/she hasn't even responded to our points about age of the universe.

pby
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy wrote: pby

Family_Guy wrote:
pby wrote:

When you say Christ created the Universe, I have to ask, 'how'?  Did Christ start tapdancing and the Universe came out of his slappin' shoes?  Did Christ masturbate and the Universe is made of holy jism?

When you say something like "Christ created the Universe", that is begging the question unless you can also explain what it is you mean by 'create'.  To 'create' implies that there was something that you made something out of the surroundings.  So, what preexisted the Universe so that it could be 'created'?

The statement 'Christ created the Universe' is sorely lacking and pathetic.  It is an attempt to end the discussion by saying something of such extreme ignorance that you hope others will just give up and walk away.  It's ok for you to get some paint on your shoes - come out of the corner you're in.

Seriously, wtf?

A different poster asked me who I stated the Creator to be...I responded to her specific question by answering that Christ was the Creator of the universe (as stated in John 1:3 and Colossians 1:16). It was not an attempt to end the discussion, as you incorrectly stated...It was a specific response to a specific question.

Create means to speak into existence.

ianam (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
"Christ created the universe."

"Christ created the universe."

Still waiting for you to prove it, or even make sense of it. Did he create it with his hands, or machines? Or did he just think it into existence? How can he even do that without a brain? Or does Christ have a brain? What's it made out of? Where did it come from? If it existed before the universe, where did it exist?

See, I not only do have a brain, I use it. If Christians did that, they wouldn't be Christians any more.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:doctoro wrote:I

Vastet wrote:
doctoro wrote:

No wait, Yahweh did it.

Lies! It was me.

Obviously it was the Great Cosmic Moose. I'm sick of your lies, Vastet. the Great Cosmic Moose will surely send you to the Dark, Foodless Forest of Nasty Insects. You blaspheme at your peril!

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
pby wrote:Family_Guy

pby wrote:
Family_Guy wrote:
pby wrote:

Seriously, wtf?

A different poster asked me who I stated the Creator to be...I responded to her specific question by answering that Christ was the Creator of the universe (as stated in John 1:3 and Colossians 1:16). It was not an attempt to end the discussion, as you incorrectly stated...It was a specific response to a specific question.

Christ was powerful enough to create the universe but his dad needed to raise him from the dead?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
pby wrote:Family_Guy

pby wrote:
Family_Guy wrote:
pby wrote:

Seriously, wtf?

Quote:

Ok, so if your claimed being has the ability to be all powerful, then by that sentence he could say, "All humans will from now on(from this nanosecond on) will have the ability to shoot lazer beams out of their eyes".

The only thing that has been created by merely speeking without evidence is credulity. It is why people fall for 3-card monteys and buy used cars because the salesmen seems nice.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:pby

jcgadfly wrote:

pby wrote:
Family_Guy wrote:
pby wrote:

Seriously, wtf?

Christ was powerful enough to create the universe but his dad needed to raise him from the dead?

Yea, that makes sense. Dad/me/son/me/dad/me being separate but the same and not separate at the same time. Add a little "faith" to that and I could sell you a toxic waste dump and convince you it is beach front property.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Vastet

HisWillness wrote:

Vastet wrote:
doctoro wrote:

No wait, Yahweh did it.

Lies! It was me.

Obviously it was the Great Cosmic Moose. I'm sick of your lies, Vastet. the Great Cosmic Moose will surely send you to the Dark, Foodless Forest of Nasty Insects. You blaspheme at your peril!

Evil heretic. I've been living in that forest for years! Your moose is not great. The Panda rules all, with his disciple and son The Beaver!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Evil heretic.

Vastet wrote:
Evil heretic. I've been living in that forest for years! Your moose is not great. The Panda rules all, with his disciple and son The Beaver!

The Beaver

Hail the Beaver!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oh shit, you got a girl

Oh shit, you got a girl too! Girls are like the backbone of religious movements! I thought I had the upper hand.

But you will be destroyed, nonetheless: you and your monochromatic-furred ilk.

Strangely, you've included the beaver, which ... actually muddies things a bit. The beaver is the same colour as the Great Cosmic Moose. Common ground might weaken the resolve of this religious war.

Someone find me some apologists! I need a reason to hate the beaver.

(Easily the most ridiculous thing I've ever written. Ever.)

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: Oh shit,

HisWillness wrote:

Oh shit, you got a girl too! Girls are like the backbone of religious movements! I thought I had the upper hand.

Strangely, you've included the beaver, which ... actually muddies things a bit. The beaver is the same colour as the Great Cosmic Moose. Common ground might weaken the resolve of this religious war.

Aha! You cannot deny The Son, The Beaver! Your apologetics will confirm its authenticity as the Divine Daughter!

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:HisWillness

Vastet wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

Aha! You cannot deny The Son, The Beaver! Your apologetics will confirm its authenticity as the Divine Daughter!

Wait so are you saying that the Beaver is both the divine Son and Daughter at the same time? Does it have to be male in order to be female too? If so I think you have me sold but before I dedicate myself I'd like to see what logical fallicies the moose can pull off.

*sits back and waits*

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am not certain about who

I am not certain about who or what may have created the universe or why we are here; perhaps it was the Moose, perhaps it was the Panda and the Beaver. Perhaps it was both, or neither.

What I do know is that, every afternoon, the Ice Cream Truck drives by and bring me mint chocolatey joy, and I cannot believe that a universe with such Haagen-Dazs wonders was not brought about with no purpose. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stosis wrote:Vastet

Stosis wrote:

Vastet wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

Wait so are you saying that the Beaver is both the divine Son and Daughter at the same time? Does it have to be male in order to be female too? If so I think you have me sold but before I dedicate myself I'd like to see what logical fallicies the moose can pull off.

*sits back and waits*

Not divine son, just The Son. Only daughters can be Divine. The beaver represents both as the epitomy of human kind. The Panda is sexless, as only a sexless creator could create everything.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:What I

Kevin R Brown wrote:

What I do know is that, every afternoon, the Ice Cream Truck drives by and bring me mint chocolatey joy, and I cannot believe that a universe with such Haagen-Dazs wonders was not brought about with no purpose. 

Ah, but the Great Moose is responsible for ice cream.

Behold the Great Moose's Prayer for Ice Cream as evidence:

O Ice Cream,

Thou art Delicious and Holy in Thine Ways;

Thou art a gift from Cows, worshipped in India,

For it is so Fucking Hot there that they are in Great Need

Of your Divine Taste Sensation.

Seriously, I don't even know how you could live in India

It's way too hot for a moose.

But so Great is the Power of Ice Cream

That it might distract you from the Insane Heat

Of that cursed mooseless portion of The Globe.

All shall sing Your Praises for Eternity.

In the name of The Moose,

Amen.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stosis wrote:Does it have to

Stosis wrote:

Does it have to be male in order to be female too? If so I think you have me sold but before I dedicate myself I'd like to see what logical fallicies the moose can pull off.

*sits back and waits*

Ice Cream.

Chucklehead over there has some sort of Son/Daughter thing going on, and we've got Ice Cream.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Stosis

HisWillness wrote:

Stosis wrote:

Does it have to be male in order to be female too? If so I think you have me sold but before I dedicate myself I'd like to see what logical fallicies the moose can pull off.

*sits back and waits*

Ice Cream.

Chucklehead over there has some sort of Son/Daughter thing going on, and we've got Ice Cream.

Ha! The heretics don't even have the same quality of supplies that The Beaver provides! We have cake! And we let you eat it too! Laughing out loud

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Ha! The

Vastet wrote:

Ha! The heretics don't even have the same quality of supplies that The Beaver provides! We have cake! And we let you eat it too! Laughing out loud

I don't know of any other way to deal with this other than Full-Scale Religious War