Dare2share.org, Insane Propaganda

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dare2share.org, Insane Propaganda

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but I was wondering if anyone has seen this Christian site, http://www.dare2share.org/. People wonder why there is so much intolerance in this world. I think some of us need to post some things on this site and educate these ignorant fools.

This is their motto:"Energizing and Equipping Teenagers to Know, Live, Share and Own their Faith in Jesus."

This is an example of what you should say to an Atheist, Andy the Atheist to be more specific! haha. they have a stupid name and description for every set of beliefs

"The first thing you need to ask an atheist is "do you really seek to discover the truth - even if it costs you your reputation, and even your friends?" If the answer is no, then realize that he/she is not willing to go where the evidence leads; you won't be having an honest intellectual dialogue, but your conversation may still have a spiritual impact.
Don't talk about sin with an atheist. In their worldview, morality is generally dependent on the situation and neutral, so there is no reference point in their minds for a concept of breaking God's universal laws.
Don't get dragged into arguments about what God did or didn't do. Focus on the evidence that Christ existed, died on the cross, and came back from the dead. As well, your personal testimony can be a powerful tool, because it's very difficult to 'disprove' the real and lasting change that Christ has brought to your life.
Bottom line with an atheist (or anyone else for that matter) - you cannot argue someone to faith in Christ, but you can (and should) live such a Christlike life that those around you sense something different, which opens the door for you to explain the 'evidence'. "

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote: I am

Pathofreason wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but I was wondering if anyone has seen this Christian site, http://www.dare2share.org/. People wonder why there is so much intolerance in this world. I think some of us need to post some things on this site and educate these ignorant fools. This is their motto:"Energizing and Equipping Teenagers to Know, Live, Share and Own their Faith in Jesus." This is an example of what you should say to an Atheist, Andy the Atheist to be more specific! haha. they have a stupid name and description for every set of beliefs "The first thing you need to ask an atheist is "do you really seek to discover the truth - even if it costs you your reputation, and even your friends?" If the answer is no, then realize that he/she is not willing to go where the evidence leads; you won't be having an honest intellectual dialogue, but your conversation may still have a spiritual impact. Don't talk about sin with an atheist. In their worldview, morality is generally dependent on the situation and neutral, so there is no reference point in their minds for a concept of breaking God's universal laws. Don't get dragged into arguments about what God did or didn't do. Focus on the evidence that Christ existed, died on the cross, and came back from the dead. As well, your personal testimony can be a powerful tool, because it's very difficult to 'disprove' the real and lasting change that Christ has brought to your life. Bottom line with an atheist (or anyone else for that matter) - you cannot argue someone to faith in Christ, but you can (and should) live such a Christlike life that those around you sense something different, which opens the door for you to explain the 'evidence'. "

If all else fails, stop up your ears, close your eyes and sing 'What a friend we have in Jesus". 

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
One thing I noticed on the

One thing I noticed on the site:

Quote:
In other words, when students begin to share their faith they begin to own their faith, instead of borrowing it from their parents and their pastors.

My question is what happens when someone starts sharing a WRONG belief (not referring to Christianity, or Islam, or whatever, but rather to Jim Jones, Unabomber...) ?

By watching the site, I've noticed that it encourages two things:

- "owning" your beliefs

- "tolerating" your beliefs

Don't want to go into morality or community wellfare right now, but I've recently taken part in an official debate in my country on belief toleration (not religious toleration, but belief toleration). Looking at the site, it seemed to me that it has the same topic: the personal belief, rather than the religious belief. One could easily "stray from the path" (clear example, the quote I gave). And so, another question arises:

"Should we respect one's belief, even if we know beyond any possible doubt that it is wrong?"

Again: not refering to religions, but to various beliefs.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Registered and

Registered and trolling.

My god its scary, like the complete opposite of this site.

"I beleive that the Earth was created in 5,000 years. Scientists are just finally starting to look at the evidence to see this. It takes alot to overcome 100 years of prejudice, but science will overcome and reveal the truth that is in the bible all along" -random creationist.

oh god, I think I'm going to be sick.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Quote: do you really seek

Quote:

do you really seek to discover the truth - even if it costs you your reputation, and even your friends?

How retarded. This applies more to the theist than the athiest.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was posting

I was posting in their forums for a while but they kicked me out! Guess they aren't all that good at "Converting" Atheist's as they claim.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Ah, the power of a slick

Ah, the power of a slick website. They're total buffoons, but their AJAX and motion graphics are decent. Trouble is, once you click on a video link and sit through the nice intro graphics, you're stuck with Ned Flanders in front of that Sears Portrait Studio background, trying to make ancient bullshit seem relevant. And their how-to videos for targeting specific groups? That's class. When are people going to notice the insubstantial arguments of the religious? When are people going to see their sweaty, fumbling advances for what they are? 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I also wanted to ad that

I also wanted to ad that it's proselytizers like these that remind me what a meme/mind virus religion is. Take their bizarre category of belief: "Atheistic Evolutionism." I have never heard of such a thing. I read The Origin of Species. Well, part of it. OK, I listened to it as an audio book. The point is, this is a science book. It's interesting, but it's also long and tedious; talking at length about the features of pigeons, slavery among ants, and many, many, many other examples provided to support the author's theory. It is, without a doubt, a science book. I got absolutely nothing out of it philosophically; it's silent on morality. But since the religious venture is about being told what to think, they automatically assume any threat to their interpretation of mythology (creation, and a young earth derived from geneologies) has to be equivalent. But, where the bible stumbles hazily into scientific claims about the nature of the world, Darwin's book starts and ends in detailed observations and hypotheses, and ends there. There is never the sloppy bumbling from science into philosophy that they so expect and fear. But rightly they should expect it. It's what they've gotten from their authorities: ideas so terrible and trite and ridiculous you have to stifle you cognitive faculties just to hold them plausible.

Textom
Textom's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great site.  A really

Great site.  A really disturbing read. 

It's funny how all the "Things to remember" sections about how to convert a non-Christian give the same advice over and over:

-Put on your armor of God, Ephesians 6

-Try to focus on "Paschal's" [sic] Wager

-Focus on your own testimony (because that's less subject to challenge without violating rules of politeness)

-...and be sure to buy the book written and published by the authors of the site

Also does anybody else think Alisha the Agnostic is kind of a hottie?  

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
How to Share Your Faith

How to Share Your Faith Using Halo 3... haha oh wow.

• Ask your friends if they believe there is a real cosmic battle being waged between good and evil. Ask them how they explain the reality of evil in the world. How did it get here? Share what you believe about this battle. For help explaining this, check out the GOSPEL Journey.
  • There's lots of death and destruction in the realm of Halo. Use this as an opportunity to ask your friends about what they think happens when we die. After you hear their opinion, ask them if you can share what you believe based on what the Bible has to say on this topic.
  • Everyone loves heroes who rescue others from destruction. Ask your friends who their real-life heroes are. Ask them if they've ever thought of Jesus as heroic. Perhaps you'll be surprised at what they say. Explain why you think Jesus is heroic.
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen really.  The fact that they actually advocate the use of Paschal's[sic] Wager for debating anyone is just hilarious.  Though the fact that they have Atheist and Atheistic Evolutionist is a bit odd.  Not because I think all atheists have to believe in evolution or vice versa... but because I've never heard of a belief set called Atheistic Evolutionism.  Also Alisha the Agnostic, one cannot actually know one way or the other, but I am leaning towards her being very hot.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haha

HumanisticJones wrote:

How to Share Your Faith Using Halo 3... haha oh wow.

• Ask your friends if they believe there is a real cosmic battle being waged between good and evil. Ask them how they explain the reality of evil in the world. How did it get here? Share what you believe about this battle. For help explaining this, check out the GOSPEL Journey.
  • There's lots of death and destruction in the realm of Halo. Use this as an opportunity to ask your friends about what they think happens when we die. After you hear their opinion, ask them if you can share what you believe based on what the Bible has to say on this topic.
  • Everyone loves heroes who rescue others from destruction. Ask your friends who their real-life heroes are. Ask them if they've ever thought of Jesus as heroic. Perhaps you'll be surprised at what they say. Explain why you think Jesus is heroic.

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen really.  The fact that they actually advocate the use of Paschal's[sic] Wager for debating anyone is just hilarious.  Though the fact that they have Atheist and Atheistic Evolutionist is a bit odd.  Not because I think all atheists have to believe in evolution or vice versa... but because I've never heard of a belief set called Atheistic Evolutionism.  Also Alisha the Agnostic, one cannot actually know one way or the other, but I am leaning towards her being very hot.

I know! How lame! using Halo in that manner...and Alisha the Agnostic is kinda hot.

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

lgnsttefrst
User is offlineOffline
I hear she does anal...

I hear she does anal...

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just posted a topic on the

Just posted a topic on the forums. I look forward to getting banned in about twenty minutes.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Their story on Halo 3 is a

Their story on Halo 3 is a gas, it's so popular because it's about Jesus.

Jesus.. with an energy sword and a rocket launcher.  (hmm actually that might sound about right) 

PillarMyArse
PillarMyArse's picture
User is offlineOffline
pathofreason wrote: and

pathofreason wrote:
and Alisha the Agnostic is kinda hot.

I am more of a Nicole the New Ager kind of guy.   I also think Willow the Wiccan could be pretty hot herself if she sorted her hair out and smiled a bit.

I absolutely loved the "what the bible teaches" section.   Especially "The Bible alone is the word of God and is absolute truth. It is without error. It cannot and should not be added to or subtracted from (2 Timothy 3:16-4:4; Revelation 22:18-20), and it is also the ultimate authority on spiritual matters. Every word of it is inspired by God, so you can't just pick and choose what you 'think' is true."

The bible is true because the bible says so.  Hilarious. 

Religion is the ultimate con-job. It cons the conned, and it cons the conner.

Mr.T : "I ain't gettin' on no damn plane [sic]" - environmentalism at it's best

Eight Foot Manchild
User is offlineOffline
<>         <>

<>    <>

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
What did they say?

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:
Just posted a topic on the forums. I look forward to getting banned in about twenty minutes.

What did they say? Did they respond to you yet?

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Eight Foot Manchild
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote:

Pathofreason wrote:

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:
Just posted a topic on the forums. I look forward to getting banned in about twenty minutes.

What did they say? Did they respond to you yet?

Still alive and kickin'. You can check my thread out here:

http://www.dare2share.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6698&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Here's Devlin's

http://www.dare2share.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6688&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice work guys!

Great job guys! I was reading through the buddhism postings and I laughed so hard at what the poster "Jesuslovesme" Said 

"First of all I don't believe that you have any right to say if this site's intent is to publish incorrect information. This is a site for Christians and the topics are searched thoroughly"

Yes Jesuslovesme we all know how well Christians "Search Thoroughly" hahahahahaha!

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Rev_Devilin
Rev_Devilin's picture
User is offlineOffline
My post has become a sticky

My post has become a sticky Tongue out no1

Apart from Jesuslovesme they seem like perfectly reasonable people mixed-up for sure, but they are not unwilling to enter into discourse, it's been rather congenial so-far

Pathofreason how did you get banned ?

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well

Well I posted on this site a long time ago and I recieved a few emails asking me to cease and desist so to speak. They said that either I stop posting or become banned...So i stopped posting for a few months and when I checked back my account was deleted. So I am guessing they banned me.

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Wyzaard
User is offlineOffline
  I just joined... We'll

I just joined... We'll see how long it takes for them to can me; I've blasphemed pretty well so far.  Anyone have fun on theologyweb.com?  Right-wing crazies galore.