RELIGION IS EVIL! and I am a Christian fruit loop

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
RELIGION IS EVIL! and I am a Christian fruit loop

OK so I had some people scratching their heads as to why I would bash religion at the same time I am talking about being Christian.

Here were I would like to start:

Yes I believe there is evil in the world. That evil can almost always be found in religion. The more religious something is the more evil it is.
Just two examples are the Muslim faith and the Roman Catholic Faith. Both have long history of murder and war and things that should freek out any sane person. The list go's on and on and on!

Now here is a friend of mine talking about religious leaders:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful,
but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness."

Here you see my friend really blasting the religious people of his time.

I am a Christian (fruit loop) Well would you agree that being a Christian is a nutty or fruit loop thing to do?

So I found the TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH! Now, how many times in history as some fruit loop said that?

The True Christian Church is the spiritual body of Jesus Christ.

How does a person become a member? The allow Jesus to live inside them (same thing as born again) and they are then part of that church. Not a building. Not denomination. A spiritual body.

Now I really want to start with the blasting of religions since there is lots to say about that but for now I have to stop.
I am looking forward to peoples feedback.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is your family neglecting

Is your family neglecting you or something?

shayne26
shayne26's picture
User is offlineOffline
goofball wrote: Now I

goofball wrote:
Now I really want to start with the blasting of religions since there is lots to say about that but for now I have to stop. I am looking forward to peoples feedback.

Jesus was a Jew. He was circumcised as a Jew, kept the laws of the Torah, was a Jewish teacher and proclaimed "unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees and the scribes (who were known to be highly religious) you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

From Jesus's own lips (as the Bible states) you must keep the laws of Moses better than the Pharisees in order to get in Heaven. Next time you bite into a ham sandwich or a shrimp cocktail remember Jesus says you are going to hell. Oh yeah, don't shave your beard or trim your sideburns either.

My point is that Jesus was very religious and had strict laws for adhering to the religion of Judaism. If Judaism was good enough for Jesus, why isn't it good enough for you?

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
right

That is correct. Not only does a person have to be more righteousness then these realigius leaders but even better they have to be perfect without sin!

OK so who can do that? I sin all the time so I guess that leaves me out. huummm well I guess that means everyone goes to hell?(the grave)

Oh wait! When a person repents God forgives all 100% of their sin. At that point they are more righteousness then these religious leaders who say they are of God but they are not.

CrazyCraig.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
goofball wrote: That is

goofball wrote:

That is correct. Not only does a person have to be more righteousness then these realigius leaders but even better they have to be perfect without sin!

OK so who can do that? I sin all the time so I guess that leaves me out. huummm well I guess that means everyone goes to hell?(the grave)

Oh wait! When a person repents God forgives all 100% of their sin. At that point they are more righteousness then these religious leaders who say they are of God but they are not.

If all the world's religious people would learn to condemn using their beliefs as a weapon, we would not have a problem with what you are saying.

But, it certainly is a start for a theist to admit that harm is done by religion. THANK YOU!

Now if we could just get to debating existance and evidence.

I really wish other religious people reading this would take a lesson. I think you are capable of debate without taking our criticism or blasphemy of your claims personally.

People fail to see in life that there is a difference between liking a person, we are capable of liking and even loving people we dissagree with, and still criticise the claims they make.

TAKE A LESSON FOLKS! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
yes thank you had a little font problem here

Yes, I think because I lived most of my life not only not believing in any God but the only scriptures I used to know were the ones that I could kind of club Christians over the head with as being false.

So how did that change? Well I was making fun of realigious faith while sitting on a bus and I did not know I was sitting right accross from a younth paster.

ok so I was very anti-God and religion at the time but I would not have said some of the things right to his face if I had known who he was. Why? Well I did not want to be a jerk.

He listened to me and then bent over and said this:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I did not know at the time that he was quoting Hebrews 11:1

Then he looked straight in my eyes and said:

"You do not know that there is no God"

The bus trip was over and I was kind of at a lost of words. At first I was like "Oh hell yea! I know there is no God!"

After thinking about I realized that he was correct. I did not believe in anything but that did not really prove that I was right. I decided to test things out. For two weeks I decided that I would pray to this nothing God. I would pray like this:

"God, there is like no chance that you exist. All the logic in my mind lets me know that you are not there. Just in case I am wrong... You can come down and let me know in person. I don't have to see a vision or big miricle but I do need something that I would not just think was a cowincidence. Since you are not there then the two weeks will end and nothing will happen and that will be the end of it. If you are there then I would want to know."

Ok sorry this is kind of long. So for two weeks I prayed like that.

Well I think this is getting long so perhaps I will use this as a cliff hanger for now.

CrazyCraig.com

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I hope some Christians read this

OK I want to stay on subject. I said Religion is evil.

I want to talk about that now.

I would start by saying things about the Muslim religion but I won't since I am afraid that someone will read it and then want to kill me! I guess having said that that really proves that point.

So let's talk about one of the biggests evils in the world. The RCC which is the Roman Catholic Church has such a long history of evil that I could not go into it all. It would take too long so I will just highlight a few.

The inquisition is one of the big ones were anyone who spoke out aganist the church could be lead to be burned alive at the stack. Since many people know about that one let's move on.

How about the selling of indulgences? Has eveyone heard about that? Yes for the right price you could buy a paper that would forgive your sin! Wow, that is so great! I can't wait to run out and get one at the quickey mart.

Now Christmas everyone loves to talk about. You know I love Christmas! Really! Ah come on it is fun.
I like lights and misltoe and yes even falick symbols like the Christmas tree. Ok I don't keep a Christmas tree at home anymore. Well, this pagan holiday came from a the pagen chruch RCC. What is this? Am I saying the RCC is a pagan church and not Christian?
Yes sure. There is a book called

"The Two Babylons"

This book can be an real eye opener. You know Christmas is great. If you don't like the Christ part just call it winter solice or how about happy be nice pretty lights day. It is great.

The RCC is not great. There long history of death and wars is almost unbeivable!

I have many more interesting things to say on this but for now I have to run.

Craig

CrazyCraig.com

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:If all the

Quote:

If all the world's religious people would learn to condemn using their beliefs as a weapon, we would not have a problem with what you are saying.

But, it certainly is a start for a theist to admit that harm is done by religion. THANK YOU!

I really wish other religious people reading this would take a lesson. I think you are capable of debate without taking our criticism or blasphemy of your claims personally.

People fail to see in life that there is a difference between liking a person, we are capable of liking and even loving people we dissagree with, and still criticise the claims they make.

TAKE A LESSON FOLKS! 

I want everyone to pay attention to what Brian is saying. Here is an open mind.

There is no ballasphemy is questioning the existance of a supreme being. If it were then every in the world with half a brain would be in ballasphemy.

My girlfriend, who is a Agnostic, is here with me and she asked me if I was worried if some Christians would come here and read what I wrote and perhaps they would leave the faith? Well, I was thinking about that and the fact is I really do believe religion can be evil and given the choice between evil or no faith, no faith does not seem that bad.

CrazyCraig.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
goofball wrote:

goofball wrote:

Quote:

TAKE A LESSON FOLKS!

I want everyone to pay attention to what Brian is saying. Here is an open mind.

There is no ballasphemy is questioning the existance of a supreme being. If it were then every in the world with half a brain would be in ballasphemy.

My girlfriend, who is a Agnostic, is here with me and she asked me if I was worried if some Christians would come here and read what I wrote and perhaps they would leave the faith? Well, I was thinking about that and the fact is I really do believe religion can be evil and given the choice between evil or no faith, no faith does not seem that bad.

I SAID that I was complementing you that you do see the danger in religion. That is all I said. How you drew that conclusion is beyond me.

I do think we should be free as individuals to question anything we have questions about. Thomas Jefferson denied the the divinity of Jesus and did not by the birth or death stories.

BUT there are people who believe that we will burn in hell who do claim to believe in Jesus and do think by denying the holy spirit that we are lost.

We are simply showing other atheists that it is ok not to believe and also showing the people condemning us for not believing that they are being rediculous. AGAIN, I said nothing in that post about you nor was I saying I dissagreed with the Challenge. I DO AGREE WITH IT.

Maybe I am missunderstanding you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
sorry about that

Sorry about that. I am just not very good about how to post well on this forum thing. The first two sentence were about your quote and then I started talking about my own stuff. It seemed like I was saying you were saying the rest. I have to learn to get it right. Also my stupid monitor is not showing the sides of view and I don't know if there is an edit button there.

CrazyCraig.com

goofball
Theist
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalresponder

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/kill_em_with_kindness/3859

So I think this is the right post to the forum that I talk about how just saying "I deny" the holy spirit is not blasphmy.

The RCC created this pagen thing called the trinity which is not in the any text. The holy spirit is not the 3rd person in a trinity. The holy spirit is the power of God here on earth. Miricles are given so people will believe. If a person sees a miricle that they know could only come from God and then they still don't believe then they will never believed so they are not forgiven.

Hell is the grave. It is the place were for health reasons bodies were burned and that means the person ceses to exist forever. The RCC created hell.

I also want to say I think the idea of the challenge is flawed. I put up a post before in the wrong place under

Kill 'em with Kindness So look there for

"You got it wrong...."

So here is the trinity:

http://www.piney.com/His21.html

CrazyCraig.com