An interesting question about sinning

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline
An interesting question about sinning

Hi All,

For the last few hours I've been sitting here reading through post after post and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far, but it got me to thinking so I have this question to ask. Please bear with me and I hope this comes out right.

-----

There are many faiths and beliefs about a Supreme Divine Being, whatever you may want to call him, her, it or something else entirely. The individuals of those faiths and beliefs have made a conscious decision to follow that faith or belief. Furthermore within a particular faith eg Christianity, Muslim, Catholic, or whatever, there are those individuals that have made a conscious decision to either interpret, change, modify, disregard, take literally, etc the tenets/laws/etc of their faith.

Now as we have seen for the last 2000 years (and maybe more) this has set up conflict (or antagonism, or indifference, wars, witch burning, etc) not only between faiths, but between individuals that live on this fine planet of ours.

To me, an individual knows that in today's world following such faith or beliefs will cause conflict (or whatever) between other individuals/faiths/beliefs. They have made a conscious decision to do this, would this not mean that the individual is committing a sin by making such a conscious decision to cause such conflict?

---

I hope you all understand what I am getting at with the question.

Regards,
UltraMonk

: Freedom - The opportunity to have responsibility.

: Liberty is about protecting the right of others to disagree with you.

lypslykemorphyne
User is offlineOffline