where is your GOD!?

jonmalave
jonmalave's picture
User is offlineOffline
where is your GOD!?

why we should not believe in God!

Simply said. . .there is no proof. . .

at least no indisputable proof or evidence that a God exist. ..

I want to ask any christian or anyone of any religion to prove to me that their God exist without using their words, or stories of someone elses past expeirence, or even their own personal expeirnce that lead them to belive that God or Some Holy Divine being was talkin to them, or appearing to them.

As you or some one you know is the only one who has had this so called expeirence. . .maybe you might even have some witnesses to confirm your cliam, which probably are all God fearing people along side yourself who will follow in your footsteps, or support anyone else who claims they had an expeirence with God or some Divine Being.

This still does not prove anything because only a small number of people in the world will have had claimed to expeirence Gods Power. Othere will choice to agree with you or not. . .

if there are those who will argue against any claim some one makes then this i will always leave room for falsehood.

As what is considered to be true in any society or community is what the majority agrees too.

I dont care how many people belive that a God exist they still cant ever prove to the world that their Exist and only their God.

The only truth we have in life is only what we can sense with our eyes, hears, nose etc. and can't ever dispute it.

for example no one in the world (at least sane) will disagree with you if you told that Rain comes from the sky and the Clouds. ..

as it is quite obvous, when it rains there are always clouds in site, and clouds ofcourse only exist in the sky, therefore Rain can only ever come down from the sky, and from Clouds.

You cant disprove that. . .

if you cant agrue that Rain doesn't come down from the sky then this must be absolutly TRUE!!!

We can see Rain Come down, we can feel rain on our skin, and we see the results of Rain, we can hear rain drop, we can even smell and taste rain. . . So how do you argue that. . . you can't so what would you call this. . . ?

I call this an absolute TRUTH!!

with God on the Other hand. . . You can't see God, you Can't Hear God, You Can't smell God, You cant taste God, you Cant feel God RIGHT NOW OR WHENEVER YOU WANT!!

this can only happen to a chosen few people in the world who claim to have expeirenced God in one of those ways mentioned above, and we only get to choice to believe what this person says. . . sadly alot of people will belive such a claim without expeirencing it themselves. . .

We can all expeirence Rain anytime we choice. . .we just need to travel to a location where it is currently raining. . .thats it. . .

But God on the other hand. . . hmmmm you need to have faith in him in order to expeirence him. . .

i don't know how people manage to put up with this. . .but i sure as hell will never trust someone or even think they are Sane when they claim to have expiernced God. . .

I can Prove to you that Rain exist RIGHT NOW!!. . .Can you prove to me that God Exists. . . NOW!!! not in couple days after going to church and listening to someone telling me how horrible of a human being i am and how i should kneel before God and kiss his ass. . . THATS CALLED being conditioned my friend!!

if you place yourself in an enviroment where people call you stupid, ugly, and worthless. . . there is a good chance in a matter of time you will begin to feel this way about yourself if you have no one else to oppose this claim with you, or maybe you'll just grow so deppresed that you'll commit suicide because you feel that you are trapted and have nothing to live for. . .

so i ask. .. WHERE IS YOUR GOD!!!

Antiquehunter
Antiquehunter's picture
User is offlineOffline
My God is sitting in this

My God is sitting in this bottle with a label that says 'Bacardi Black'.

He commands me to mix him liberally with a carbonated beverage labelled 'Diet Coke'.

Nightly.

-Hic!

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: so i ask. .. WHERE

Quote:
so i ask. .. WHERE IS YOUR GOD!!!

I ask, If your asking, where are the damned question marks? 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

KoRnYAtheist
KoRnYAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Holds gun to theists
*Holds gun to theists head*Where is your god now!!!!?????

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The same place he was.. or

The same place he was (if he existed).. or was not (if he does not).. a second ago. The fact that you may.. or may not.. be holding a gun to my head would not change that dichotomy.

Smiling

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
why there is certainly no god

the idea of a supernatural deity is not just ridiculous because there is no proof, it is ridiculous because we essentially made it up. There are plenty of things we cannot prove, but the idea of God is worse than that, it is totally artificial, an abracadabra of ancient thinkers using armchair ratiocination a priori arguments that had no scientific credibility because there was no scientific understanding to speak of. The idea is incredibly arrogant and self-centric, the idea that in a universe that spans 78 billion light years, there is an anthropomorphic supernatural deity that actually cares and watches us. Part of the reason that the idea has survived in the memeplex is that the human mind cannot comprehend this, he sees the world around only as it exists around him. For instance, if I gave you the following facts:

a) the universe is 78 billion years in diameter

b) There are five quintillion planets

c) There are six quintillion stars, the largest being several billion kilometers in diameter and 2000 times the size of the Sun

You would reply "wow, that is impressive", but you still could not actually comprehend these figures. Carl Sagan pointed out that if we could actually understand the vastness of the cosmos, we would abandon religion in a heartbeat, swept over by a blinding truth of how utterly ridiculous it is in the grand scheme of things.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
There sure are a lot of

There sure are a lot of unsubstantiated assumptions in that response.

As per one of them.. that I happen to agree with, that the human mind cannot "comprehend" the figures needed to "comprehend" the universe.

Yes.  I agree.  Of course.. I can't "comprehend" the idea that there 6billion people on earth either, neither can you, I believe, if we are using the same definition of "comprehend" in both these cases. 

But to say that comprehension of something impcomprehensible would somehow lead, necessarily, to the "heartbeat" abandonment of religion (in the general sense).. doesn't hold weight to me within the context of the argument provided.

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
jonmalave wrote: why we

jonmalave wrote:
why we should not believe in God! Simply said. . .there is no proof. . . at least no indisputable proof or evidence that a God exist. .. I want to ask any christian or anyone of any religion to prove to me that their God exist without using their words, or stories of someone elses past expeirence, or even their own personal expeirnce that lead them to belive that God or Some Holy Divine being was talkin to them, or appearing to them. As you or some one you know is the only one who has had this so called expeirence. . .maybe you might even have some witnesses to confirm your cliam, which probably are all God fearing people along side yourself who will follow in your footsteps, or support anyone else who claims they had an expeirence with God or some Divine Being. This still does not prove anything because only a small number of people in the world will have had claimed to expeirence Gods Power. Othere will choice to agree with you or not. . . if there are those who will argue against any claim some one makes then this i will always leave room for falsehood.

I believe that the biggest problem with your reasoning here is that you've thrown out religious experience as a means to know that God exists. It seems to me that this is the only way to truly know that God exists. Alvin Plantinga postulated that God and other minds are in the same epistemological boat. If this were true it would give credence to the theists response that "I know God is real because I have felt/know/experience/talked to him". Experience is the only way that we know anything is true so to throw out our experiences is to throw out believability in anything. The biggest thing that Plantinga did was to make it so that as Christians it is just as rational to believe that God exists as believing that you or Rook Hawkins exists. Thus I think your challenge isn't really valid. 

jonmalave wrote:
As what is considered to be true in any society or community is what the majority agrees too. I dont care how many people belive that a God exist they still cant ever prove to the world that their Exist and only their God. The only truth we have in life is only what we can sense with our eyes, hears, nose etc. and can't ever dispute it.

Where do the laws of logic come from then? Our sense of smell perhaps?

jonmalave wrote:
for example no one in the world (at least sane) will disagree with you if you told that Rain comes from the sky and the Clouds. .. as it is quite obvous, when it rains there are always clouds in site, and clouds ofcourse only exist in the sky, therefore Rain can only ever come down from the sky, and from Clouds. You cant disprove that. . . if you cant agrue that Rain doesn't come down from the sky then this must be absolutly TRUE!!! We can see Rain Come down, we can feel rain on our skin, and we see the results of Rain, we can hear rain drop, we can even smell and taste rain. . . So how do you argue that. . . you can't so what would you call this. . . ? I call this an absolute TRUTH!! with God on the Other hand. . . You can't see God, you Can't Hear God, You Can't smell God, You cant taste God, you Cant feel God RIGHT NOW OR WHENEVER YOU WANT!! this can only happen to a chosen few people in the world who claim to have expeirenced God in one of those ways mentioned above, and we only get to choice to believe what this person says. . . sadly alot of people will belive such a claim without expeirencing it themselves. . . We can all expeirence Rain anytime we choice. . .we just need to travel to a location where it is currently raining. . .thats it. . . But God on the other hand. . . hmmmm you need to have faith in him in order to expeirence him. . .

With these criterion that you have laid out, there is no way to know for sure that I exist because you have never seen, tasted or touched me. Hence I am in a realm of uncertainty or I do not exist.

jonmalave wrote:
i don't know how people manage to put up with this. . .but i sure as hell will never trust someone or even think they are Sane when they claim to have expiernced God. . . I can Prove to you that Rain exist RIGHT NOW!!. . .Can you prove to me that God Exists. . . NOW!!!

Please prove that the laws of logic exist. 

jonmalave wrote:
not in couple days after going to church and listening to someone telling me how horrible of a human being i am and how i should kneel before God and kiss his ass. . . THATS CALLED being conditioned my friend!! if you place yourself in an enviroment where people call you stupid, ugly, and worthless. . . there is a good chance in a matter of time you will begin to feel this way about yourself if you have no one else to oppose this claim with you, or maybe you'll just grow so deppresed that you'll commit suicide because you feel that you are trapted and have nothing to live for. . . so i ask. .. WHERE IS YOUR GOD!!!

Well you have a rather short sighted view of Christendom and what it means to even become a Christian. Not everyone who is a Christian is "conditioned" in the manner in which you seem to think. To say that belief in God is a product of your environment is not completely true. There are examples of people who have grown up as atheists and have become Christians later in life.

In a totally separate matter, please read your posts before you post them. Your grammar is horrible and you might want to spell check your posts. 

ttdm.blogspot.com

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote: In a

cslewisster wrote:
In a totally separate matter, please read your posts before you post them. Your grammar is horrible and you might want to spell check your posts.

You might want to consider that not everyone uses english as their primary language. And that spelling and grammar are irrelevant as long as the point gets across. Which it obviously did, since you responded to it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then maybe they might

Then maybe they might consider posting on a message board where their native tongue is spoken.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote: Then

cslewisster wrote:
Then maybe they might consider posting on a message board where their native tongue is spoken.

Why? Maybe you simply shouldn't be such an ass about it.

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
That doesn't warrant a

That doesn't warrant a response and unless you'd like to discuss the matter at hand I'll have nothing else to do with this.

ttdm.blogspot.com

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
cslewisster wrote:That

cslewisster wrote:
That doesn't warrant a response and unless you'd like to discuss the matter at hand I'll have nothing else to do with this.

It does warrant a response. If you want to be spineless about though, feel free.

Maybe you should find a site that caters only to americans. Then you'll have less problem finding people with perfect spelling/grammer.

cslewisster
Theist
cslewisster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: cslewisster

Vastet wrote:
cslewisster wrote:
It does warrant a response. If you want to be spineless about though, feel free. Maybe you should find a site that caters only to americans. Then you'll have less problem finding people with perfect spelling/grammer.

You're attempting to drag me into a debate that I'd rather not have. I simply pointed out that his spelling and grammer were horrible (and they were). 

ttdm.blogspot.com

MEH
Theist
User is offlineOffline
a relationship with god is

a relationship with god is personal. You want a christain to prove where god is. If you read the bible it clearly says when jesus went to heaven god sent the holly spirt to be with us on earth. God is in heaven watching over us. How can a christain prove to you that god is with them with out using words or experences. that is rather inposible. if you want to prove the exsitences of god we can go and talk bout evolution but that seems to go in circles. for the fact that the evolution idea the big bang has not been hundred percent proven there are flaws and i as a human dont have all the answers how god created the world and i dont hold all the proof to show that. so yer as you can see circles. please next time think about the question your asking and make sure its ansable. i hope you have a lovely week bye.

mmmm