Final 7 Years

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Final 7 Years

Daniel 9 states that 70 weeks are determined for Israel. 70 weeks is 490 days, 1 year 4 months 5 days. This scripture describes the destruction of Jerusalem, as well as other things. As of Daniels time, Jerusalem was not destroyed in 490 days, so 70 weeks is not really 70 weeks. The Bible states that by two or three witnesses God's Word shall be established. So with that, on the 70th week, the he whos people previously destroyed Jerusalem will confirm the covenant for "1 week" then in the midst of the week stop it. This is called the abomination of desolation. The we travel to the next witness which is Jesus in Matthew 24. He had just finished up telling his disciples that the temple will be destroyed, but then he says when you see the abomination desolation, SPOKEN OF BY DANIEL, STAND UP IN THE HOLY PLACE, then all in Judea(which is modern day West Bank) must flee, because then shall be great tribulation. Now if the temple is destroyed how can the AoD stand up in the Holy Place? that will we get to later.

Now that we know that the second half of the week there shall be great tribulation as has never been before, we can look at the scriptures describing the great tribulation to figure out whether is 3.5 days, or more. Reading Matthew 24 we find out that the great trib is the persecution of the saints. We can travel back to Daniel 7 now. verse 25 says that great words will be spoken against the most high, and the saints will be worn out for TIME, TIMES, DIVIDING OF TIME. we don't know how long that is, but there is always more than one witness. Revelation chapter 12 describes a great red dragon, whom they call the devil and satan trying to destroy a woman with a crown of 12 stars, or in other words Jerusalem, it says she flees into the wilderness for 1260 days, Matthew 24 said when ye see the abomination of desolation flee, so this matches. Revelation 13:5-6 describes this beast of the dragon previously mentioned blaspheming against God and warring with the saints for 42 months.

We got 3 scriptures that have the same description of the tribulation, so concluding that time, times, dividing of time is as well 3.5 years, we can conclude that daniels 70th week is 7 years.

Why did i say all this? well for one, some christians could be reading this. Im saying this because a major misinterpretation is that there is a 7 years tribulation, which is not true, its 3.5 years. Another reason is now im going to show a few things

-As far as Judea fleeing, Ehud Olmert, the acting prime minister of Jerusalem is standing ready to withdraw from the West Bank
-The anti-christ standing in the temple? where is the temple? In 2006 the temple society in Jerusalem finished building all the temple furniture and have started training rabbis for the sacrifices of old. They finally have a red heiffer ready for the first sacrifice whenever it happens. In late 2005 for the first time since the 5th century the San Hedrin re-emerged (the elite group of Jewish elders who put Christ to death, also of whom Paul was a part of) and had a meeting. They discussed the building of the temple. They decided, since they cannot build on the mount, then they will build it the same way Solomon built the first temple. OFFSITE. They blueprinted the temple, and it will soon be ready to move.

OH! in Revelation 11, John is asked to measure the Jerusalem, but then it says the court without the temple leave out for it is given to the gentiles for they will tread the holy city for 42 months. If there was a Jewish temple standing in Jerusalem, and the gentiles had the outter courts this would indicate a time of peace, a time when Jew and Gentile share the city on a hill. In 2000 Bill Clinton states that the sharing of the temple mount was the only way for peace in Jerusalem. Ariel Sharon created a new party called the Kadina party in which his goal was to establish the final borders of Israel, or in other words, let the palestinians have part of the Holy Land as long as we can build our temple, yada yada yada. Sharon Signed it, Abbas signed it, Bush oversaw and signed it as well, the plan called THE ROADMAP FOR PEACE.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
Well, shit. Guess I'd better

Well, shit. Guess I'd better hope all the TV shows I like wrap up by then, or I'm gonna be pissed.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
JeremiahSmith wrote: Well,

JeremiahSmith wrote:
Well, shit. Guess I'd better hope all the TV shows I like wrap up by then, or I'm gonna be pissed.

you, like most people see this as a negative thing. Its not a negative thing. its time to go home!

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: you,

JesusLovesYou wrote:
you, like most people see this as a negative thing. Its not a negative thing. its time to go home!

Do they have TV at home?

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
JeremiahSmith

JeremiahSmith wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Do they have TV at home?

Yes i do, but it only plays videogames, i do not have cable, and i don't pick up local chans

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
JeremiahSmith wrote: Well,

JeremiahSmith wrote:

Lmao! Well, I hope I don't die as a virgin.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have problems grasping

I have problems grasping that people actually believe such obvious nonsense. How can they suspend their critical thinking to such a degree?

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: I have problems

KSMB wrote:
I have problems grasping that people actually believe such obvious nonsense. How can they suspend their critical thinking to such a degree?

They don't watch TV. 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
AModestProposal

AModestProposal wrote:

KSMB wrote:

They don't watch TV. 

We may not watch TV, but we surely pay attention to current events.  The Bible prophesies of a time where there will be a world gov/econ/religion. this was prevaliant last week with the death of sadaam

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Yes i

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Yes i do, but it only plays videogames, i do not have cable, and i don't pick up local chans

No, no, not at your house. This home we're all going back to in seven years, or whenever. Does that have TV? If we're all going back home I want to make sure I can still follow the TV shows I like.

TheSarge
BloggerHigh Level Donor
TheSarge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course its nonsense. 

Of course its nonsense.  If this guy thinks the world is going to end soon, he's obviously mistaken.  After all, Captain Kirk won't be born until 2233 and he won't take command of Enterprise until 2265, and then Enterprise won't retire until 2293.  It says so in my own Holy Gospels, Star Trek Seasons 1-3 and Star Trek I-VI.  Because if God's real, so is Captain Kirk.  So this gives me exclusive right to spout off my own religion in everyone else's face, right?  Well, pal, because you only believe in a 'god', you're going to the Brig.  And because I am a good Starfleet Officer, I get to stand at the right arm of Captain Kirk's command chair and I get to experience the voyages of the Starship Enterprise while you get to hang out in the brig for all eternity. 

By using the Star Trek analogy, I really hope you understand how asinine you sound when you're trying to throw your beliefs at us. 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
AModestProposal

AModestProposal wrote:

KSMB wrote:

They don't watch TV.

ROTFLMAO 

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Folks, I wish there was

Folks, I wish there was something we could do for JesusLovesYou.  When individual people believe crazy things we call it psychosis and can make them get help.  When a whole bunch of people believe crazy things we call it religion and our own Constitution says, "Hands off."  I think that's fine, but if we're going to win a war of ideas, there has to be some agreement on what reality is.

Seriously.

My mother believes a version of this crap.  As I encounter various theists, they are always delusional, but never share the exact same delusion (unless they go to the exact same church and even then their "interpretation" may be different). 

Hint: JesusLovesYou, if you have an ounce of reason left, this should tell you something.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll be weighing in later. 

I'll be weighing in later.  Busy at the moment.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
AModestProposal

AModestProposal wrote:

KSMB wrote:

They don't watch TV.

They may not watch TV, but they sure seem to enjoy the Internet. And we all know that everything on the Internet is absolutely true. Eye-wink

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: The

JesusLovesYou wrote:

The Bible prophesies of a time where there will be a world gov/econ/religion. this was prevaliant last week with the death of sadaam

Do I dare ask?

What the heck does the execution of Sadaam have to do with a world government/economy/religion?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Do I dare

Susan wrote:

Do I dare ask?

What the heck does the execution of Sadaam have to do with a world government/economy/religion?

Oh boy, this ought to be good. Smiling  If these crazy religious ideas weren't endangering our very existence, they would be hysterically funny.  It's still pretty decent entertainment.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
TheSarge wrote: Of course

TheSarge wrote:

Of course its nonsense.  If this guy thinks the world is going to end soon, he's obviously mistaken.  After all, Captain Kirk won't be born until 2233 and he won't take command of Enterprise until 2265, and then Enterprise won't retire until 2293.  It says so in my own Holy Gospels, Star Trek Seasons 1-3 and Star Trek I-VI.  Because if God's real, so is Captain Kirk.  So this gives me exclusive right to spout off my own religion in everyone else's face, right?  Well, pal, because you only believe in a 'god', you're going to the Brig.  And because I am a good Starfleet Officer, I get to stand at the right arm of Captain Kirk's command chair and I get to experience the voyages of the Starship Enterprise while you get to hang out in the brig for all eternity. 

By using the Star Trek analogy, I really hope you understand how asinine you sound when you're trying to throw your beliefs at us. 

i bring ur events that you can find in the news such as the roadmap for peace and you bring up STAR TREK? what kind of messed up world do you live in? you can go to current events and find things such as roadmap for peace or the mideast wall or even what the temple society which is jewish is currently doing. by the way, i will be on the USS enterprise this summer and its an AIRCRAFT CARRIER.

doctoro
doctoro's picture
User is offlineOffline
Failed End of the World Predictions

That "JesusLovesYou" actually believes this nonsense scares me.  It troubles me that George Bush also MUST believe this to some extent as well.

I'm not for supporting Israel in any Biblical sense, and I think the establishment of Israel in 1948 on Biblical pretenses was probably not the best idea.

In response to "JesusLovesYou", I have a few things to say.

1.  EVERY Biblical "prophecy" is completely vague.  Why not make prophecies like "Israel will become a nation state again in 1948 after World War II with the help of a coalition of nations backed by the United States, Great Britain, and Russia."  Instead the Bible talks about dragons, trumpets, and horsemen.  This stuff can be interpreted to mean ANYTHING at ANY TIME.  If I said something like, "The United States will have trouble with its enemies one day," is that a prophecy?  NO.  Sure, the US will have trouble with its enemies.  So what?  That's not a prophecy.  If I said "The Mighty Unicorn with 23 heads will eat the head of the Leprechaun," would that be a prophecy?  NO.  What's the Mighty Unicorn?  23 heads?  Oh, that must be Michael Jordan's jersey number.  And the Leprechaun, that's Ireland, or an Irishman.  I think it means that Michael Jordan will assassinate the President of Ireland.  You don't think that's a valid prophecy?  Why not?  Think about why neither of my "prophecies" are prophecies and apply those same arguments to your discussion of the "Last 7 Years."

2.  Do you know how many groups have truly believed the world was ending, and it never came?  "JesusLovesYou", what makes your Biblical prediction any different than the hundreds of failed predictions for the end of the world in the past 17 years?

The most interesting to me are the Millerites in 1843.  You really should take a look.  Guess what influenced his prediction?  You guessed it, the same "70 weeks" dung cited by "JesusLovesYou."  (yes, that's intentionally ad-hom.)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerites

"Perhaps more than 100,000 Millerites were awaiting this "Blessed Hope", some who abandoned their farms or sold their homes and left their employment, to propagate the gospel of the last days chronology."

Take a look at this:

In the following link, there is an index of hundreds of failed end of the world predictions spanning Jesus' death to post-2007.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm

Since 2006 just ended and we're still here, check out the 2006 failed predictions.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm

The most recent?

David M, "Puerto Rico watch out ...," posted at Thomist Tacos for the Soul, 2006-NOV-18, at: http://www.thomisttacos.com/

DEC-17: Dr. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda predicted that Jesus Christ's second coming would happen in Puerto Rico on DEC-17. His website stated, in part:

"Este 17 de diciembre, el mundo será testigo de la segunda venida de Cristo. El Rey de Reyes llega a suelo boricua. Puerto Rico será el escenario donde cientos de personas presenciarán en vivo, mientras millones sintonizarán vía satélite, el evento que marcará el rumbo de la historia."

A rough translation is: 

"This December 17th the world will be a witness of the second coming of Christ. The king of kings will touch upon the boricuan [Hispanic] land. Puerto Rico will be the stage where hundred’s of people will witness 'live' while millions will watch through satellite TV the event that will put a mark upon history." 10

3.  Believing that the end of the world is nigh is an incredibly real threat to America and the world.  If there is any reason why I care so much about promotion of rationality, it is "rapture" politics.  It affects environmental politics.  It makes us not care about the future.  It makes us not care about war or peace, and actually makes us lust for war as a means to end the world and bring about judgment day.  One could effectively argue that Judgment Day and the 2nd coming is desirable, so we should hasten it as quickly as possible.  This would entail engaging in thermonuclear war as soon as possible.  Or we could simply promote absurd foreign policies that encourage others to "unjustly" attack the US to give us justification for war.  I don't know, what do you think?  In any event, I think it is best to promote peace and equality for all Earth inhabitants.  Believing that we are separate and unequal is the most atrocious moral bankrupcy imaginable.  And religion is based on considering all outside of your religion as sub-standard human beings.  Love your neighbor?  Yeah right, as long as he is Christian.

"JesusLovesYou", you need to wake up and realize the best thing to do is to

1)  Yes, live every day as if it were your last without regrets, being moral, and siezing the day.

2)  But in politics, we should preserve peace and the environment for generations to come.  The world is not coming to an end, and to base politics on this supposition is disastrous, asinine, and unconscionable.  NO politician should be elected to office who thinks Jesus is coming back in the next 100 years, AND bases his policies on such an idea.

In the words of Rage Against the Machine, "WAKE UP!"

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Daniel

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Daniel 9 states that 70 weeks are determined for Israel. 70 weeks is 490 days, 1 year 4 months 5 days. This scripture describes the destruction of Jerusalem, as well as other things. As of Daniels time, Jerusalem was not destroyed in 490 days, so 70 weeks is not really 70 weeks. The Bible states that by two or three witnesses God's Word shall be established. So with that, on the 70th week, the he whos people previously destroyed Jerusalem will confirm the covenant for "1 week" then in the midst of the week stop it. This is called the abomination of desolation. The we travel to the next witness which is Jesus in Matthew 24. He had just finished up telling his disciples that the temple will be destroyed, but then he says when you see the abomination desolation, SPOKEN OF BY DANIEL, STAND UP IN THE HOLY PLACE, then all in Judea(which is modern day West Bank) must flee, because then shall be great tribulation. Now if the temple is destroyed how can the AoD stand up in the Holy Place? that will we get to later. Now that we know that the second half of the week there shall be great tribulation as has never been before, we can look at the scriptures describing the great tribulation to figure out whether is 3.5 days, or more. Reading Matthew 24 we find out that the great trib is the persecution of the saints. We can travel back to Daniel 7 now. verse 25 says that great words will be spoken against the most high, and the saints will be worn out for TIME, TIMES, DIVIDING OF TIME. we don't know how long that is, but there is always more than one witness. Revelation chapter 12 describes a great red dragon, whom they call the devil and satan trying to destroy a woman with a crown of 12 stars, or in other words Jerusalem, it says she flees into the wilderness for 1260 days, Matthew 24 said when ye see the abomination of desolation flee, so this matches. Revelation 13:5-6 describes this beast of the dragon previously mentioned blaspheming against God and warring with the saints for 42 months. We got 3 scriptures that have the same description of the tribulation, so concluding that time, times, dividing of time is as well 3.5 years, we can conclude that daniels 70th week is 7 years. Why did i say all this? well for one, some christians could be reading this. Im saying this because a major misinterpretation is that there is a 7 years tribulation, which is not true, its 3.5 years. Another reason is now im going to show a few things -As far as Judea fleeing, Ehud Olmert, the acting prime minister of Jerusalem is standing ready to withdraw from the West Bank -The anti-christ standing in the temple? where is the temple? In 2006 the temple society in Jerusalem finished building all the temple furniture and have started training rabbis for the sacrifices of old. They finally have a red heiffer ready for the first sacrifice whenever it happens. In late 2005 for the first time since the 5th century the San Hedrin re-emerged (the elite group of Jewish elders who put Christ to death, also of whom Paul was a part of) and had a meeting. They discussed the building of the temple. They decided, since they cannot build on the mount, then they will build it the same way Solomon built the first temple. OFFSITE. They blueprinted the temple, and it will soon be ready to move. OH! in Revelation 11, John is asked to measure the Jerusalem, but then it says the court without the temple leave out for it is given to the gentiles for they will tread the holy city for 42 months. If there was a Jewish temple standing in Jerusalem, and the gentiles had the outter courts this would indicate a time of peace, a time when Jew and Gentile share the city on a hill. In 2000 Bill Clinton states that the sharing of the temple mount was the only way for peace in Jerusalem. Ariel Sharon created a new party called the Kadina party in which his goal was to establish the final borders of Israel, or in other words, let the palestinians have part of the Holy Land as long as we can build our temple, yada yada yada. Sharon Signed it, Abbas signed it, Bush oversaw and signed it as well, the plan called THE ROADMAP FOR PEACE.

I wrote a short story way back in shool one time as part of an assignment. When reading it again today, I see clear indications that I prophecised(word? lol) the world trade centre bombing of the 90's, and it's fall after the turn of the millenia. All I had to do was interpret it differently and I could have saved people. Damn it!

/sarcasm.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
If you need another site

If you need another site listing failed end-time prophecies, this here is a good one:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9941/lastjudgment.html 

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
doctoro wrote: If I said

doctoro wrote:
If I said "The Mighty Unicorn with 23 heads will eat the head of the Leprechaun," would that be a prophecy?  NO.  What's the Mighty Unicorn?  23 heads?  Oh, that must be Michael Jordan's jersey number.  And the Leprechaun, that's Ireland, or an Irishman.  I think it means that Michael Jordan will assassinate the President of Ireland.

Hahahaha.  I'm ganna have to save that one.  Thank you, Doctoro. 

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Daniel

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Daniel 9 states that 70 weeks are determined for Israel. 70 weeks is 490 days, 1 year 4 months 5 days. This scripture describes the destruction of Jerusalem, as well as other things. As of Daniels time, Jerusalem was not destroyed in 490 days, so 70 weeks is not really 70 weeks. The Bible states that by two or three witnesses God's Word shall be established. So with that, on the 70th week, the he whos people previously destroyed Jerusalem will confirm the covenant for "1 week" then in the midst of the week stop it. This is called the abomination of desolation. The we travel to the next witness which is Jesus in Matthew 24. He had just finished up telling his disciples that the temple will be destroyed, but then he says when you see the abomination desolation, SPOKEN OF BY DANIEL, STAND UP IN THE HOLY PLACE, then all in Judea(which is modern day West Bank) must flee, because then shall be great tribulation. Now if the temple is destroyed how can the AoD stand up in the Holy Place? that will we get to later. Now that we know that the second half of the week there shall be great tribulation as has never been before, we can look at the scriptures describing the great tribulation to figure out whether is 3.5 days, or more. Reading Matthew 24 we find out that the great trib is the persecution of the saints. We can travel back to Daniel 7 now. verse 25 says that great words will be spoken against the most high, and the saints will be worn out for TIME, TIMES, DIVIDING OF TIME. we don't know how long that is, but there is always more than one witness. Revelation chapter 12 describes a great red dragon, whom they call the devil and satan trying to destroy a woman with a crown of 12 stars, or in other words Jerusalem, it says she flees into the wilderness for 1260 days, Matthew 24 said when ye see the abomination of desolation flee, so this matches. Revelation 13:5-6 describes this beast of the dragon previously mentioned blaspheming against God and warring with the saints for 42 months. We got 3 scriptures that have the same description of the tribulation, so concluding that time, times, dividing of time is as well 3.5 years, we can conclude that daniels 70th week is 7 years. Why did i say all this? well for one, some christians could be reading this. Im saying this because a major misinterpretation is that there is a 7 years tribulation, which is not true, its 3.5 years. Another reason is now im going to show a few things -As far as Judea fleeing, Ehud Olmert, the acting prime minister of Jerusalem is standing ready to withdraw from the West Bank -The anti-christ standing in the temple? where is the temple? In 2006 the temple society in Jerusalem finished building all the temple furniture and have started training rabbis for the sacrifices of old. They finally have a red heiffer ready for the first sacrifice whenever it happens. In late 2005 for the first time since the 5th century the San Hedrin re-emerged (the elite group of Jewish elders who put Christ to death, also of whom Paul was a part of) and had a meeting. They discussed the building of the temple. They decided, since they cannot build on the mount, then they will build it the same way Solomon built the first temple. OFFSITE. They blueprinted the temple, and it will soon be ready to move. OH! in Revelation 11, John is asked to measure the Jerusalem, but then it says the court without the temple leave out for it is given to the gentiles for they will tread the holy city for 42 months. If there was a Jewish temple standing in Jerusalem, and the gentiles had the outter courts this would indicate a time of peace, a time when Jew and Gentile share the city on a hill. In 2000 Bill Clinton states that the sharing of the temple mount was the only way for peace in Jerusalem. Ariel Sharon created a new party called the Kadina party in which his goal was to establish the final borders of Israel, or in other words, let the palestinians have part of the Holy Land as long as we can build our temple, yada yada yada. Sharon Signed it, Abbas signed it, Bush oversaw and signed it as well, the plan called THE ROADMAP FOR PEACE.

That was a greatly elaborate steamy pile of poney loaf.

Nothing in the old Scriptures actually mentions DATES OR NAMES. Show me in ancient greek, latin or hebrew the name "Clinton" or "Sharon".

That city has changed hands many times and plenty of "gentiles" have shared or run over that city in it's history.

NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE does it mention modern weoponry such as f-16s or Rocket Propelled Granades or Al Gore. The bible doesnt have an ancient word for "entropy" or "Stem Cells".

AND what is this cost of "going home" as you quaintly put it? That going "home" as you say would require the 4 or 5 billion people who didnt believe to be violently murdered in a "final battle" after they are left to suffer in the "tribulations".

This is the all loving god you talk about? Needs us to suffer for not believing, then go out of his way to violently murder the unbelievers THEN PUTS THE MAJORITY OF HUMANITY IN ETERNAL TORTURE FOR NOT KISSING HIS ASS.

Sorry, this sounds more like the stuff of Lex Luthor vs Superman. But what is really scary is that this needless self suicide of the species in it's rush for a non-existance promised land is preventable if people like you would not spread this fictional mind poison as fact.

Scientifically this planet has millions of years of life sustaning in it. But you'd prefure to have the mushroom cloud and scortch the planet for all of humanity just so you can go home? Sounds a bit selfish to me. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

xCrimex
xCrimex's picture
User is offlineOffline
Once again I am compelled

Once again I am compelled to post up this picture I made specifically for people like this. In a way I feel bad though...cuz what JesusLovesYou (and anyone like him) really needs is profesional help.

"Admittedly, once one decides in one’s own mind to reject the fallacy of God, the world indeed becomes a scary and lonely place, but one of truth not delusion."

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I absolutely agree with

I absolutely agree with doctoro here.  

Let me stress this.  Rapture politics, is the name of the game...xtian evangelical churches feed money into  corporations and directly to israel's government, this is supported by the rapture.  The destabilization of the middle east, is part of this prophecy.  The death of saddam does not bring stabilization to the middle east, it brings the martyrdom of a man who will be used to incite more violence. Ironic, that his "top secret" execution was filmed and on an american base at that. But I get off point, fact is...with Israel lobbying the united states and teh evangelical leaders supporting israel for a self fulfilling prophecy we have a very dangerous situation here.  

You cannot plan for the future when every ambiguous story in the bible is applied to real life events. One of my favorite "prophecies" is the union of currency into one.  THe example the xtians use? The european union.  umm..yeah that's hardly the fucking world.  Anyway, Doctoro said it plainly...irrational beliefs in ambiguous false prophecies is a dangerous game, especially when these people are getting elected into office.  

doctoro wrote:

That "JesusLovesYou" actually believes this nonsense scares me. It troubles me that George Bush also MUST believe this to some extent as well.

I'm not for supporting Israel in any Biblical sense, and I think the establishment of Israel in 1948 on Biblical pretenses was probably not the best idea.

In response to "JesusLovesYou", I have a few things to say.

1. EVERY Biblical "prophecy" is completely vague. Why not make prophecies like "Israel will become a nation state again in 1948 after World War II with the help of a coalition of nations backed by the United States, Great Britain, and Russia." Instead the Bible talks about dragons, trumpets, and horsemen. This stuff can be interpreted to mean ANYTHING at ANY TIME. If I said something like, "The United States will have trouble with its enemies one day," is that a prophecy? NO. Sure, the US will have trouble with its enemies. So what? That's not a prophecy. If I said "The Mighty Unicorn with 23 heads will eat the head of the Leprechaun," would that be a prophecy? NO. What's the Mighty Unicorn? 23 heads? Oh, that must be Michael Jordan's jersey number. And the Leprechaun, that's Ireland, or an Irishman. I think it means that Michael Jordan will assassinate the President of Ireland. You don't think that's a valid prophecy? Why not? Think about why neither of my "prophecies" are prophecies and apply those same arguments to your discussion of the "Last 7 Years."

2. Do you know how many groups have truly believed the world was ending, and it never came? "JesusLovesYou", what makes your Biblical prediction any different than the hundreds of failed predictions for the end of the world in the past 17 years?

The most interesting to me are the Millerites in 1843. You really should take a look. Guess what influenced his prediction? You guessed it, the same "70 weeks" dung cited by "JesusLovesYou." (yes, that's intentionally ad-hom.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerites

"Perhaps more than 100,000 Millerites were awaiting this "Blessed Hope", some who abandoned their farms or sold their homes and left their employment, to propagate the gospel of the last days chronology."

Take a look at this:

In the following link, there is an index of hundreds of failed end of the world predictions spanning Jesus' death to post-2007.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm

Since 2006 just ended and we're still here, check out the 2006 failed predictions.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm

The most recent?

David M, "Puerto Rico watch out ...," posted at Thomist Tacos for the Soul, 2006-NOV-18, at: http://www.thomisttacos.com/

DEC-17: Dr. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda predicted that Jesus Christ's second coming would happen in Puerto Rico on DEC-17. His website stated, in part:

"Este 17 de diciembre, el mundo será testigo de la segunda venida de Cristo. El Rey de Reyes llega a suelo boricua. Puerto Rico será el escenario donde cientos de personas presenciarán en vivo, mientras millones sintonizarán vía satélite, el evento que marcará el rumbo de la historia."

A rough translation is:

"This December 17th the world will be a witness of the second coming of Christ. The king of kings will touch upon the boricuan [Hispanic] land. Puerto Rico will be the stage where hundred’s of people will witness 'live' while millions will watch through satellite TV the event that will put a mark upon history." 10

3. Believing that the end of the world is nigh is an incredibly real threat to America and the world. If there is any reason why I care so much about promotion of rationality, it is "rapture" politics. It affects environmental politics. It makes us not care about the future. It makes us not care about war or peace, and actually makes us lust for war as a means to end the world and bring about judgment day. One could effectively argue that Judgment Day and the 2nd coming is desirable, so we should hasten it as quickly as possible. This would entail engaging in thermonuclear war as soon as possible. Or we could simply promote absurd foreign policies that encourage others to "unjustly" attack the US to give us justification for war. I don't know, what do you think? In any event, I think it is best to promote peace and equality for all Earth inhabitants. Believing that we are separate and unequal is the most atrocious moral bankrupcy imaginable. And religion is based on considering all outside of your religion as sub-standard human beings. Love your neighbor? Yeah right, as long as he is Christian.

"JesusLovesYou", you need to wake up and realize the best thing to do is to

1) Yes, live every day as if it were your last without regrets, being moral, and siezing the day.

2) But in politics, we should preserve peace and the environment for generations to come. The world is not coming to an end, and to base politics on this supposition is disastrous, asinine, and unconscionable. NO politician should be elected to office who thinks Jesus is coming back in the next 100 years, AND bases his policies on such an idea.

In the words of Rage Against the Machine, "WAKE UP!"

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: We may not watch TV,

Quote:
We may not watch TV, but we surely pay attention to current events.

Current events, or medieval events?  Keep in mind this crazy shit was thought up by people who thought trepanning was a good idea.  If you actually believe this crap, then you might want to consider drilling a hole in your skull next time you have a headache. 

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine