The Big Thread of What Does NOT Count as Proof
I wanted to start a thread of what does NOT count as proof for God. Feel free to add to it. Theists should read this so we don't have to read the same non-proofs over and over again.
1. The Bible/Koran/Torah/etc - Holy books and the religion they are about are equivalent. They are either both true or both false. So trying to use the book to prove the religion is circular logic and therefore not logically valid.
2. Personal feelings - We personal feel there is no god, other religions feel their god or gods are real, crazy people feel THEY are God in some cases. Get the point?
3. God can't be proven false - a. Certain gods, (like the Christian God) can through being self-contradictory proven false and
b. Logically, the burden of proof is always on the person who says something exists - otherwise I could say I invented a time machine and demand you prove I didn't.
4. The existance of life and/or the universe - No. Just no.
5. Love/ Morality/ etc - These are human created things and don't exist outside the mind. Just like God!
6. Trying to refute evolution or the big bang - most of the arguments against these theories (and you probably don't know what theory really means so don't even use the word if you don't unless you want me to rip off your head and shit down your neck) are absurd, and anyway even if they were false that would by no means imply any god exists.
Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team